You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 14, 2020, 11:01:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: NFL Discussion Thread  (Read 31333 times)

Offline Mister Ugly

• I am too damn young to be this damn Old
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Purty is skin deep but Ugly is to the bone!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: NFL Discussion Thread
« Reply #475 on: March 20, 2020, 02:31:07 PM »
Wow!!  :o
maybe finally my Bucs will have a decent QB. I have been a Buc fan since the orange jerseys and the 0-26 start!
Best early QB was Doug Williams.

Maybe with Brady and that mad receiveing corps the Bucs can again win the SB!

;D ;D

<MU

Offline Bevatoria

« Reply #476 on: March 20, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »
What the hell Brady! 😭

Crappy time for all the bars to be closed.

Reusing an oldie:

Genuinely curious how the Pats respond, and how good the Bucs will be.  I honestly don't think Tampa Bay will be a lot better, since Brady will have to learn a new system but perhaps not having Jameis throwing 30 picks will be more of a boon than Brady not being able to throw deep will hurt.

It's good to have something fun to chat about, honestly.

Mister Ugly is a real fan - I respect your determination, sir.  I'm hoping the Bucs are better.

Offline Zaphod

Offline Oniya

Online Laughing Hyena

« Reply #479 on: April 12, 2020, 11:49:57 AM »
One thing we know to be sure. Dallas will still be arrogant about their chances and find a fantastically new way to fail in their quest for Lombardi.

Offline Lady Sakura

• #BlackLivesMatter|Stop breaking yourself down into bite-sized pieces, stay whole and let them choke #BostonFierce #1PatriotsFan 🏈|Patriot Sister of Merry G.|Untamed's Bestie 💘|Surviving Horror with Gnothi|#EclipseTwin
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #480 on: April 12, 2020, 11:53:03 AM »
One thing we know to be sure. Dallas will still be arrogant about their chances and find a fantastically new way to fail in their quest for Lombardi.

Suck it Jerry Jones!

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #481 on: June 19, 2020, 12:20:34 PM »

Offline Lady Sakura

• #BlackLivesMatter|Stop breaking yourself down into bite-sized pieces, stay whole and let them choke #BostonFierce #1PatriotsFan 🏈|Patriot Sister of Merry G.|Untamed's Bestie 💘|Surviving Horror with Gnothi|#EclipseTwin
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #482 on: June 19, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
Teddy Bridgewater and Brady are attractive women! So is Dak Prescott <3 Brees not so much nor is Matt Ryan :p

Jimmy G is still hot! <3

Thanks Zaphod, this made my day.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 12:34:29 PM by Lady Sakura »

Offline Bevatoria

« Reply #483 on: June 19, 2020, 12:35:07 PM »
Jimmy G is always hot.

I'm totally not surprised my eyes drift to the hypothetical 'Erin' Rodgers.

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #484 on: June 19, 2020, 01:04:50 PM »
Who is this supposed to be? Tua Tagovailoa haha? She's cute!

"Samantha" Darnold looked pretty bad.. there's not much you can do with that face.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 01:08:44 PM by Zaphod »

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »
More bad news today. Cam Newton has signed with the Pats. Sakky must be happy.  >:(

Offline DeamonbaneTopic starter

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Location: I've tried to go fuck shopping, but there's no fucks left to buy
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2020, 11:07:47 PM »
I've been in a consistent state of 'we'll see how this goes' over the Patriots ever since Brady left.

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #487 on: July 06, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »
Mahomes just got a $503M (10+2 years) contract from the Chiefs. Wow. Hard to imagine these kind of numbers. Probably worth every penny too cause of the upside.

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #488 on: July 06, 2020, 06:37:36 PM »
Over 41 million dollars a year? That means that they're probably going to lose Kelce and Hill over the next couple of years, and unless they do some seriously fantastic drafting, they're going to lose all their playmakers on defense too.

I'm still not convinced that Mahomes will succeed without Kelce and Hill bailing him out. Looking forward to finding out.

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #489 on: July 06, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
NFL contracts are usually worthless. They are only as good as the fully guaranteed cash which is probably $120M max. But it doesn't matter. If any team wants to contend, they need a playmaking QB. As the cap rises over the years, it'll pay itself back.

This puts a lot of pressure on the Cowboys to lock up Dak even though he's nowhere close to Mahomes. Even an average QB will make bank in the NFL.

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #490 on: July 06, 2020, 07:00:20 PM »
There's a 140 million injury guarantee, but I can't find any mention of guaranteed money.

Either way, I don't see him succeeding without Kelce and Hill. Hell, he had them both season before last and he still came up short multiple times in the season against good opponents. I would have waited until his fifth year before dropping that much money on him.

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #491 on: July 06, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »
If they had waited until the fifth year, they'll be in the Cowboys situation and gambling with franchise tags. As for other playmakers, the draft becomes even more critical now. That's the only way to surround him with decent but cheap talent that'll fit under the cap.

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #492 on: July 07, 2020, 03:45:09 AM »
This is a bad contract for Mahomes but a great one for the Chiefs. Only $63M is fully guaranteed over the next three years. It's a year to year deal after that with the team holding the option.

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #493 on: July 07, 2020, 11:18:10 AM »
They'll probably have to restructure it for more cap space. I think Kelce's contract is up in 2022, and Hill's is up in 2023, and both will be calling for a lot of money. That and they already have folks on their defense threatening a holdout if their don't get a longer deal.

Offline Zaphod

« Reply #494 on: July 07, 2020, 11:31:29 AM »
Like most teams, they are banking on the cap rising and making this deal a bargain in a few years. It that doesn't happen due to the covid situation, they are in trouble.

I guess the size of Kelce's contract will depend on what Kittle gets. Kittle supposedly wants far more than Gronk ever made in his prime. He wants elite WR money. Maybe $18M to $20M a year.