You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 19, 2018, 05:33:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Caravanserai [Announcements and IC OOC]  (Read 389 times)

Offline FlowerTopic starter

• Rumple || Critter || Hyacinth Forever Dancing
  • Mentor
  • Carnite
  • Let the Music Play || You Can Dance If You Want To
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Caravanserai [Announcements and IC OOC]
« on: July 29, 2018, 10:35:54 AM »

This thread is for In-Character related announcements and questions. For more fun, laidback socializing, please hop into the OOC.

Out of Character - Where you chat with co-writers about life or Caravanseri
Announcements and IC Questions -Where announcements will be posted and where you can ask questions regarding the game
Character Sheets - Where you can look at other people's character sheets or post your own
Main Thread - Where our story takes place. Only in-character posts here please.
Event Thread - Where special events will take place. Only in-character posts here please.
After Dark - Where more explicit scenes happen. Keep in mind, only approved members can access this thread. Only in-character posts here please.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:15:49 AM by Flower »

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Re: Caravanserai [Announcements and IC OOC]
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
Previous Announcements...
  • Caravanserai has a signature. Feel free to put it in your signature so more people know about the game's existence!
  • What is acceptable and not acceptable in the non-adult section?
  • Bits and Bobs, a store for all your purchasing needs, is now open. Any scenes in the store should be posted in the main thread.
  • Masquerade has begun.
  • Please send Flower your d20 rolls for secrets for the masquerade. Flower's user ID is 19610.
  • Keep your tag headers updated to avoid confusion.

Questions Asked and Answered
  • No, you are not required to write the check-in scene.
  • Do we have a post order? Yes, it is recommended that you give your partners time to respond to the post you took so much time and effort composing.
  • Yes, anyone can attend the masquerade ball.
  • No, you are not required to wrap up your main scenes before participating in the masquerade ball.
  • Yes, the rooftop pool can have a bartender guests can swim up to and get drinks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:13:45 AM by Flower »

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 11:12:19 AM »
Hey guys!

We wanted to thank you guys for filling the main thread with energy and wonderful posts. It looks like you're having fun which is the entire purpose of Caravanserai. 

Since we don't want to hinder your fun, please keep this in mind when making requests for drinks or anything from staff. Ask yourselves, do I want to have an actual conversation with the staff member? If the answer is yes, feel free to give them a tap on the shoulder. We're (the mentors) are more than happy to write with you. Keep in mind though...not everyone posts quickly so you would need to give that person adequate time to formulate a response. Adequate time may mean one or a few days! If the answer is no, feel free to NPC someone bringing over your drinks, food, etc. If you do NPC a staff member, respect the setting. Staff at Caravanserai are courteous and willing to assist a guest in need. As long as you're not asking them to break the law, they will go above and beyond to help your character.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:19:34 AM by Flower »

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:42:14 PM »
Fortunes are open!

Name Lalita Cheeks
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Wearing fortune teller dress and mask
Location Fortune tellers booth
Tagging open

In a secluded part of the ball room a small tent had been erected, a board declared that fortunes and palm readings were within. A cleverly hidden ice maker pumped in a small amount of fog and within the tent a figure sat ensrouded in semi darkness hooded and masked the woman peered out of at party.

Care to have your fortune told?

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 04:06:40 PM »
Opening speech.

Name: Ruby Dunn
Date | Time:  June 6 | 6:15 PM
Wearing: Fab Dress and mask
Tagging: Guests | Open

Everyone, at the party, was in high spirits. No matter which direction Ruby looked, there were smiles to be discovered upon people’s faces. Almost everyone had a drink in their hand as they reveled in the freedom of their identities being concealed underneath decorative masks. 

This was her dream, a beautiful vision brought to life. Unlike Coral, Ruby did not obsess over profits or even stress over the hotel’s reputation. Her goal was a simple one. Create a place where memories were born, the type that which helped pull someone out of despair. She knew all too well how it felt to have nothing and no one. Only reflecting on better days and wanting to experience them again helped her escape grief’s cold grasp. People could not remain in their carefully crafted escape forever, after all. They would take their memories of Caravanserai with them back home or wherever the road took them. Hopefully, it would serve as a shining point of laughter and joy in their lives.

With that purpose of being a joybringer in mind, Ruby nodded her head in approval of her aspirations and made her way up the stage’s small set of stairs. Her colorful dress was rather lengthy, making it necessary to lift its skirts from the ground or else she might trip over them. Like the rest of the guests, her face was partially concealed by a mask...only hers was a little more flamboyant than most. Walking across the stage, she offered an excited wave to the guests before taking a stand behind the small podium. A gentle wave of her hand silenced the band.

Leaning forward, she spoke into the microphone. “Testing. Testing. One. Two. Three.” Ruby frowned when her voice did not project like the Great Wizard of Oz.

Just then, Reese rushed onto the stage and did her best to fix the microphone. It was been rather stubborn though, like all devices when there was drastic need of them.
Ruby grew impatient, shooing the blonde away with a motion of her hand.

“Not to worry, dear,” she stepped from behind podium, somehow speaking loud enough to be heard by the bulk of the room. “No one’s ever complained of not hearing my loud mouth.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, and variations thereupon,” Ruby greeted, channeling her favorite Doctor and not the one who constantly nagged her about eating better and drinking less. “You all look marvelous. Thank you all for being here tonight! Thank you for taking a risk and being crazy enough to make the journey to Caravanserai. I encourage you to enjoy the night! It waits for no one. OH! I know you are all playing some secrets game so I will give everyone a leg up.” Reaching into the hidden pocket within the folds of her dress, she pulled out a small piece of paper. “Let’s see. Gosh...this print is small. My secret, you darling people, is that my real name is Wendy and I’m still waiting for Peter Pan to find me. There you have it. Laugh if you must but you’ll feel mighty foolish when I am whisked away...hopefully Peter’s aged...I’m 20 times the woman I used to be! Alright, that’s all from me! Drink and be merry! Music! Let’s get something upbeat playing!”

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 08:51:32 AM »
Call for votes post here.

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 02:37:09 AM »
Alright. Game time has extended to the next day. You can now write scenes until 11 am. Please don't feel rushed to complete your scenes at the party. Continue those for as long as inspiration burns.

Game Time: June 6, 2020 -  Opening Day to June 7, 2020
You may write scenes anytime during the period of 8:00 am June 6 and 11 am June 7.

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 11:34:09 PM »
Star gazing opener

Star Light, Star Bright

Date: June 7, 8 pm - 10 pm
Wish I May. Wish I Might. Have The Wish. I Wish Tonight.

Guests are invited to enjoy a relaxing night underneath the eternal gaze of the stars. Walk down a sand covered path, set aglow by torchlight, and find yourself at our handmade observatory. Here, the night is filled with the whispers of wind against sand along with light classical music played from unseen speakers.

Day passed into night at Caravanserai. All around the hotel, guests explored its vast offerings. Some took refuge from the sun in its cool pools while others relished the heat, bathing in its warmth.

Newer guests would learn that Caravanserai remained just as active in its nighttime offerings. While the previous night highlighted an evening of concealed identities, tonight featured a rather laid-back event in comparison.

Caravanserai’s observatory was one of a kind. Though small, it offered a vast canvas of starlight in which to observe and marvel at. In order to reach its lounging area, one must walk through tight, ringed walls, composed entirely of brick, and up a few stairs. The passageway is tight so it only permits one person at a time rather than clusters of people.

Once one reaches the lounge area, they will find comfortable sitting and blankets if they become cold. An attendant stands at the ready to offer assistance if any is needed with the telescope. Binoculars are also available for viewing of the night sky. Handouts, detailing the basics of astronomy, will also be handed out to the observatory's visitors.