Darkness Encroaching: Lewd Cthulhu (Silent Legions\OSR)[Seeking More]

Started by Jezabelle, July 13, 2018, 01:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezabelle

At-a-Glance
OOC \\\ Characters \\\\ IC
Adventures in a unique cosmic horror Mythos inspired by Lovecraft, using the OSR Kevin Crawford game Silent Legions (you do not need to have it, I will facilitate play/chargen for those without the book).

All are welcome.  Crossplay, queer characters, etc.

Please not that while this will be an Extreme System game for the free hand it grants us, content in the major story thread shall not exceed NC: Exotic standards, so you won't need to glance upon forbidden lore to play the game.

Characters Will...

• Uncover Forbidden Secrets they Cannot Bear to Know
  • Gain Otherworldly Powers at Great Costs
  • Make Themselves Crazy to Remain Sane
  • Risk Death or Capture in Every Fight
  • Investigate Dark Goings On
  • Tangle with Mortal Pawns of Outside Forces
  • Be Psychologically Scarred by Sights of the Terrible Unknown

Setting & Themes

Modern United States.  The Pacific Northwest--chiefly Washington but potentially also northern Oregon.  Investigators will travel together across cities and rural locations to uncover the truth behind dark goings-on, and hope to hold back the seemingly inevitable darkness.  Mist, fog, and greenery will be constants outside the city.  Rain, squalor, and disparity will be ever present in the cities.  Each will have their own story, their own afflictions, be populated with people full of hopes and dreams and dreads.  They will all fall this general schema however.

While the party will fight against this unknowable foe--or is it foes?--nonetheless, theirs will be tragic tales of loss and sacrifice.  There will be no "return with the elixir" at the end of their story, just the knowledge that something even worse could've happened if they had not stepped up and done what only they were in a position to do. 

It's a different kind of heroism and a different kind of story, but don't take this to mean I am seeking to enforce an outlook.  Maybe you're not a hero, maybe you want none of this and have been dragged in against your will.  Maybe you are far more optimistic than your fellows.  I am interested in telling a shared story in a bleak world, but whether you will be shining beacons of light against the darkness or merely gray shades evading the worst of the coming doom is up to you.

Anticipated Themes

• Dread & Despair
  • Hope against Hopelessness
  • "Man" against "(Un)Nature"
  • Paranoia
  • Stoicism

Investigative Sandbox Play

Sandbox?  The world the party explores together will be a Sandbox, but the plots present will form a cohesive guided narrative impacted by player choice.  Think GTA, not Minecraft.  Outside of exceptional circumstances no party splitting will be allowed, due to the negative impact it has on play.

This is a game about mysteries, a game getting to the bottom of what's going on--and then what the heroes do once they know.  Sometimes, squaring off with the forces of darkness will be the only way to hold them at bay.  But if and when this happens, the heroes want to have the leisure of choosing the high ground and otherwise stack the odds in their favour.  Most encounters will not be combat encounters, and combat encounters will generally be the result of PC action or a sign that an area is particularly overrun by a malignant force.

Only one of the four classes is designed to fight in this game.  While you can trust they will be called upon to perform this duty for the party, nobody else but them can survive being dropped to zero HP after a closer look at the rules others can if someone nearby manages to make an Int/Medicine check, but it's far from a certain thing.  Always consider the plausibility of surrender or flight.  EXP and other rewards are given for completing adventures, not body count, so if there's no real reason to kill a mook do not feel you're leaving something on the floor un-nabbed by legging it--but do remember that sentient beings will remember this encounter, and potentially tell their friends, which could have profound implications on the party's future and potential future encounters.

The party will have a regional map they travel around in as a unified group to follow up on clues, investigate goings on, and learn of new threats.  Some adventures will be more episodic in nature, and rather than one large investigation the game will likely play out as a series of smaller investigations that tie together to a great--and likely horrible--realization.  Many skills and approaches will be useful, and so too will be communicating--the Investigator can always get a clue or lead using Expertise from level one.  This game mechanically avoids the "we missed a roll and don't have all the puzzle pieces" problem, and I'll do my best to run the game in that spirit as well. 

It'll be about puzzling out clues, certainly, but you won't have to worry overmuch about failing a random roll and getting locked out of the puzzle.

Ways to Invite Danger

• The words "we are investigating" not followed up by "the septic tank leaks," "consumer opinions of Pepsi Co products," etc.
  • Conspicuous snooping, broad daylight brawling, lacking a convincing cover story
  • Utterance of the phrase "Paranormal Investigators"

Sexual Content

From various "bad" endings and risky encounters to moments of respite between the party and seduction of NPCs with info or materiale the party needs, I intend for there to be a fair amount of opportunities for both sensuality and romance.  Indeed, many darkly romantic plots are possible in such a situation.  We've all seen people fuck tentacles before, and while it's good every time, variety is the spice of life!

External threats of a lewd nature will always be in line with O/Os of PCs, while I will seek to keep specific creatures and spells a surprise to avoid spoiling the fun I'll know what is (not) OK before doing so, and may ask players about certain things in a general sense to confirm.  This may tip the hat a bit, but expect plenty of false positives with ideas that didn't pan out, so if I send you a clerical question don't take it as precognition.

Player-on-player lewd time scenes will largely be kept in a disjoint time-space thread\in PMs or Solos, to keep the clip of the game smooth for the un-involved or/And disinterested.

Anticipated "Extraordinary" Sexual Content (all of which can be opted out of)

• Tentacles
  • Hypno
  • NonCon
  • Enslavement
  • BDSM

System Concepts

This game is very bog standard OSR, if you've played D&D or anything like it before you already know how to do most of this.  If you haven't, fret not.  You can simply tell me "I hit the thing" or "I pick the lock" and I'll handle it.

Combat

If you do wind up in a scrape, it's a straight forward system with two little quirks.

You roll d20+Attack Bonus+Stat Mod+Skill+AC of Target.  If the result is 20 or more, it's a hit.

Yes, the enemy's AC contributes to your attack against it.  Lower AC makes you, and enemies, harder to hit.

If a blow hits, you roll both a damage dice and something known as a Slaughter die (both determined by the weapon in question).  If the Slaughter die comes up less than 6, it's irrelevant.  If it comes up 6 or more, however, it means your attack has dealt triple damage.  Some things will be immune to Slaughter damage, especially from non-magical sources.

Conflict Resolution

To do most things, you will roll 2d6+Stat Mod+Skill.

Important note:  All skills begin at -1 and those at this untrained level will not be able to attempt more complex tasks using the skill.  The first level of training in a skill brings one up to 0, and the second brings it up to 1.  Characters cannot begin play with a skill at a level greater than Skill/1.

Madness (Special Note)

Please note: this game goes to lengths to explain Madness is not traditional mental illness, so for those afraid of clumsy handling of real mental illness, put your heart at ease.

At 100 Madness you're game over'd, given the nature of the game we can do that in a lewd way and play out their fate outside the main game, but basically this is the end point for that char.

To avoid this, you:
1. -10 Madness every level up
2. once per level take on things known as Delirium ; every time you do, you roll a d20 and if the result >= # of delieria you have, you take -10 Madness.  Otherwise, take another +10 Madness.

Deliria are mechanical and role playing impediments based on how your character is coping (or not) with what they're facing.  I will work with you should you want to take a Delirium to make something mechanically inconvenient but fun to play and true to character. 

Examples include always having to tell the truth about who you are for fear your identity is slipping away, (ir)rational fear of beasts that means you can never stand and fight mundane animals but must always flee them, etc.  As you can imagine, deliria in our game might get a bit more lewd, but I'd like to lean away from cartoonish and towards twisted in that regard.

Disciplines and Spells

There are mysterious powers in the world.  To start the game, you'll be a mundane human--or so you believe...  Learning spells from grimoires or people who will teach you requires at least Occult/0, more than that, I will leave to your future self to risk finding out in exchange for promises of power.

Disciplines are more like psychic abilities, and training in them permanently -1's your max Expertise.

It's worth noting that while every class can learn spells, the Scholar class adds their level to max knowable spells and due to their Class Abilities are better able to learn them without going mad.

0~Gear~0
Weapons

(name): (damage), Slau:(slaughter die), (attribute), (range), [shots til reload], Price:(cost)

Special rules apply to unarmed weapons, Grenades, Sniper Rifles, and Heavy Machine Guns.  I will convey that info if\when it becomes relevant or a player is curious.

[subdual] means you can take someone down with this without killing them.
[burst fire] weapons can do two things:
-use the burst mode to spend 3 ammo and gain a +2 bonus to hit, damage roll, and slaughter die of an attack
-use the full auto setting that let you make a bad attempt to hit everyone you can see, uses up all the ammo left in your weapon
[suppress] weapons have a full auto setting that lets you lay down the heat in style, burst fire's "hit everyone" option but better

You can shoot at things up to the second range listed, but it incurs a -2 if not within the first range listed.

The legality weapons is a concern, blades are sometimes more regulated than guns in the US, and frag grenades are not going to be obtained off the open market.

Larger weapons can either be readied and in the open or concealed and stowed, we'll take it on a case-by-case basis and allow for work-arounds.

Unarmed [subdual]: 1d2+Skill, (special), Str/Dex, Melee, Price: Free
Knife: 1d4, Slau: 1d6, Str/Dex, 6/9m (if thrown), Price: Cheap
Club: 1d4, Slau: None, Str, 6/9m (if thrown), Price: Free
Sword/Any Equivalent 1H: 1d8, Slau: 1d6, Str/Dex, Melee, Price: Common
Spear: 1d6, Slau: 1d6, Str, 10/20m (if thrown), Price: Cheap
Great Weapon: 2d6, Slau: 1d10, Str, Melee, Price: Common
Bow: 1d6, Slau: 1d6, Dex, 100/150m, [never reloads], Price: Common
Crossbow: 1d8, Slau: 1d6, Dex, 100/150m, [1--takes 2 actions per reload], Price: Common
Frag Grenade*: 2d6, Slau: 1d8, Dex, 10/30m, Price: Common
Taser [subdual]: 1d8, Slau: 1d6, Str/Dex, [1], Melee, Price: Common
Revolver: 1d8, Slau: 1d6, Dex, 30/100m, [6], Price: Common
Semi-auto Pistol: 1d6+1, Slau: 1d6, Dex, 30/100m, [12], Price: Common
Rifle: 1d10+2, Slau: 1d8, Dex, 200/400m, [6], Price: Common
Shotgun, Break: 3d4, Slau: 1d10, Dex, 10/30m, [2], Price: Common
Shotgun, Pump: 3d4, Slau: 1d10, Dex, 10/30m, [6], Price: Common

Expensive Weapons
SMG [burst fire]: 1d8, Slau: 1d6, Dex, 30/100m, [20], Price: Expensive
Combat Rifle [burst fire]: 1d12, Slau: 1d8, Dex, 100/300m, [30], Price: Expensive
Combat Shotgun [burst fire]: 3d4, Slau: 1d10, Dex, 10/30m, [12], Price: Expensive
Sniper Rifle*: 2d8, Slau: 1d12, Dex, 1000/2000, [1], Price: Expensive

Extravagant Weapons
Heavy Machine Gun* [suppress]: 3d6, Slau: 1d12, Dex, 500/2000, [10], Price: Extravagant
Rocket Launcher: 3d10, Slau: 1d20, Dex, 1000/2000m, [1--takes 2 actions per reload]. Price: Extravagant

Armour

(name): AC(AC), (enc), Price:(cost)
*doesn't count against guns and explosives
@doesn't count against melee weapons

Leather: AC 7*, 1, Price: Common
Mail: AC 5*, 2, Price: Expensive
Plate: AC 3*, 3, Price: Extravagant
Shield: -1's AC, 1, Price: Common
Armoured Longcoat: AC 7, 1, Price: Expensive
Armoured Undersuit: AC 7@, 1, Price: Expensive
Ballistic Vest: AC 6, 2, Price: Expensive
Military Body Armour: AC 4, 3, Price: Extravagant

If you look like you're going to a LARP, it's a good idea to have an explanation for that.

Walking down the street in Ballistic Vests and Military Body Armour is a quick ticket to a police escourt, potentially down town.

Common Gear

(name): (enc), (price)
@items can be bundled together into 3s
~items are not significantly sized enough to take up size

Ammo (20 rounds\1 Magazine): 1@, Common
Backpack w/internal frame: 1, Common
Body Bag: 1@, Cheap
Electronics Kit: 1, Common
Emergency Fit Aid Kit: 1, Common
Fake ID, Excellent: ~, Expensive
Fake ID, Poor: ~, Common
Gas Mask: 1, Common
Geiger Counter: 1, Common
Hazmat Suit, Level A Full: 4, Expensive
Holster, Custom: 1, Common
Laptop: 1, Common
Mechanic's Field Kit: 3, Common
Ration, 1 Day: 1@, Cheap
Rope, nlyon, 20m: 1, Cheap
Sat Phone: 1, Expensive
Smartphone: *, Common
Two-man Tent: 3, Common
Water Bladder, 1 Day: 2, Cheap
Wilderness Survival Kit: 1, Cheap

Vehicles are a curious case, most Average Wealth individuals will start with a car.  There is no vehicle worth less than Expensive.  Discuss with me what, if any, non-standard vehicle you'd like to begin play with.

Character Generation

Those with Silent Legions can create level 1 characters as the book describes, and I do allow the stat-choice option for chargen.

Those without can use me to create their character.  It's a swift process which can be largely left up to fate by rolling.  If there's enough interest to run the game with a reasonable hope of getting into play with a handful of folx, I will create a "character menu" where I lay out every choice in simple style and you pick your choicesDone and done.

Welcome to the Questionnaire!
Sometimes, with stats or HP, you'll have the ability to roll something yourself for the stats.

[u]Core Stats[/u]: You or I may roll 3d6 in order to determine starting stats; alternatively, there is a stat choice system whereby you can choose to make any stat either a 7 (-1 mod), 11 (+0 mod), or 14 (+1 mod), assuming there are no more 14s than there are 7s.  Please indicate here what option you'll be taking.

Stats are the standard:

Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:

Remember that most stats for most people will be +0 at this stage so don't take that as a bad sign!

Mod : Stat #
+2:  18
+1:  14-17
+0:  8-13
-1:  4-7
-2:  3

[u]AC[/u]: 9 unarmoured; 8 for Dex+1 characters, 7 for Dex+2 characters (no penalty for -1/-2).

[u]Background[/u]: 1d8, followed by 1d10, selects a random option from a long list.  If you'd rather select them by hand let me know what you want and I'll send you back a list of the closest things I can for you to pick from.  If you want me to roll this, indicate that here.

[u]Class[/u]:  Select one of the four classes.  "Hit die" means the size of the dice you roll to decide your HP each level, rolling your-level-many dice of that side.  NB: [b]Prime Requisite[/b] means that one of those two stats may be raised to a 14.

-:INVESTIGATOR:
Class Ability (costs 1 Expertise to trigger):  [b]Leading Whispers[/b]:  Have a contact or insight relating to one topic, though making sense of the insight or getting the contact to cooperate may not be easy.
Hit Die: d6
Prime Requisites: Wisdom & Charisma
Attack Bonus: +1, then alternates +0/+1 on level up

-:SCHOLAR:
Class Ability (costs 1 Expertise to trigger):  [b]Deep Gnossis[/b]:  Auto-succeed any non-Occult/Eldritch Knowledge test.
Hit Die: d4
Prime Requisites: Wisdom & Intelligence
Attack Bonus: +0, then alternates +1/+0 on level up

-:SOCIALITE:
Class Ability (costs 1 Expertise to trigger):  [b]Folie a Deux[/b]:  Illicit a friendly/intimidated reaction from a human unless the circumstance is totally implausible; the supernaturally augmented may get a Mental Save, but normal humans will not.
Prime Requisites: Charisma & Intelligence

-:TOUGH:
Class Ability (costs 1 Expertise to trigger):  [b]Ravenous for Life[/b]:  When you hit 0 HP you automatically spend 1 Expertise point to stabilize.
Hit Die: d8
Prime Requisites: Strength & Dexterity
Attack Bonus: +1, then alternates +1 on every level up; welcome to the pain train--no breaks!

[u]HP[/u]: 1d(hit die)+Con Mod

[u]Saves[/u]: determined by class, LOWER IS BETTER
INVESTIGATOR
Phys: 15, Mental: 14, Evasion: 12, Magic: 16, Luck: 13

SCHOLAR
Phys: 16, Mental: 14, Evasion: 15, Magic: 12, Luck: 13

SOCIALITE
Phys: 15, Mental: 12, Evasion: 16, Magic: 14, Luck: 13

TOUGH
Phys: 12, Mental: 16, Evasion: 14, Magic: 15, Luck: 13

[u]Class Skills[/u]: you can spend 1 Expertise to re-roll these after failing a check with them.
Investigator:  Computer, Culture, Language, Law, Navigation, Perception, Persuade, Profession, Research. Security, Stealth, and Vehicle
Scholar:  Art, Computer, Culture, Engineering, History, Language, Law, Medicine, Occult, Profession, Research, and Science
Socialite:  Art, Business, Culture, Gambling, Language, Law, Leadership,
Perception, Persuade, Profession, and Vehicle
Tough:  Athletics, Combat, Gambling, Leadership, Profession,
Stealth, Survival, Tactics, and Vehicle

[u]Bonus Skills[/u]:  you get these for starting a character of this class
Investigator:  Perception, Research, Any One Class Skill, Any One Skill
Scholar:  Research, History or Science, Any One Class Skill, Any One Skill
Socialite:  Culture, Persuade, Any One Class Skill, Any One Skill
Tough:  Athletics, Combat, Any One Class Skill, Any One Skill

[u]Wealth[/u]: Do you want to be Struggling (+1 skill point, you're poor af), Average (normal person's ability to buy stuff, no change), or Affluent (can get stuff worth as much as $10,000, +10 Madness).

Character Profile (non-mechanical details)
[u]Avatar[/u]: [float=right][img height=200 width=120] Your character’s artwork[/img][/float]
[u]Name[/u]: The name of your character. What they’re called in public.
[u]Gender[/u]: Male, Female, Etc.
[u]Sexuality[/u] (IC): The sexuality of your character.
[u]Acceptable Encounters[/u] (OOC): Is gay/non-con permissible? Always or by request? Etc.

[u]Physical Description[/u]:
[u]Personal History[/u]:

[u]Connection (name 1)[/u]:  How you know another party member (former lover, childhood friend, co-worker, former teacher\student, etc).
[u]Connection (name 2)[/u]:  How you know another party member (former lover, childhood friend, co-worker, former teacher\student, etc).

Statblock

[u]Class[/u]:
[u][b]HP[/b][/u]: current/max
[u]AC[/u]:

[u]Expertise[/u]: current/max (starts at max 2)

[b]Attributes[/b]
[u]Str[/u]: # (mod)
[u]Dex[/u]: # (mod)
[u]Con[/u]: # (mod)
[u]Int[/u]: # (mod)
[u]Wis[/u]: # (mod)
[u]Cha[/u]: # (mod)

[b]Saving Throws[/b]
[u]Physical Effect[/u]:
[u]Mental Effect[/u]:
[u]Evasion[/u]:
[u]Magic[/u]:
[u]Luck[/u]:

[u]Madness[/u]:
[u]Wealth[/u]:

[u]Class Ability/ies[/u]:

[u]Skills[/u]:

[u]Weapon(s)[/u]:
[u]Name[/u],
+[i]Hit[/i]:, [i]Dmg[/i]:, [i]Slaughter[/i]:, [i]Ammo[/i]:

[u]Gear[/u]: (below is format for how to indicate something is readied vs. stowed)
item name (readied)
item name (stowed)

[u]Personal Effects[/u]:
(items you want it known that you have but are too small to take up Encumbrance)

[u]Disciplines & Spells[/u]:

[u]Deliriums[/u]:

The Classes

INVESTIGATOR: Film noir gumshoes, Nancy Drews of the Dark, and most bogstandard Lovecraft protagonists.  They can always get a lead or contact to forward the plot using Expertise.

SCHOLAR:  Researchers in search of dark knowledge, their day job may be anything from academia to flipping burgers, but in their spare time they investigate--especially the Occult.  They might not start the game looking into the mysteries of the beyond, but that'll be their main strong suit, alongside all other knowledge based skills.  Can auto-succeed a knowledge check that isn't Occult or Eldritch using Expertise.

SOCIALITE:  Both life and face of the party.  Whether you take pleasure in business or your business is pleasure, the socialite handles the talking whenever possible.  Can automagically make someone react in a friendly or intimidated manner using Expertise.

TOUGH:  Whether holding off the unbeatable while weaker party members shimmy to safety during an escape or taking point in a cultist beat down, you are the fighter of the group.  You ability is to not die after hitting 0 HP from otherwise fatal damage, so hold onto 1 Expertise any day a fight might occur.  Welcome to the role of meat shield, because for any other class that shit means death.

The Skills

NB: (specialization) means there are several skills under this umbrella and they are not interchangeable, i.e. Art Painting is not Art Sculpting and cannot be used for it.

Art: (specialization) Creating this type of art.

Athletics:  Physical feats of daring-do, great physical exertions, etc.

Business:  Running a business, identifying a corporation's hamstrings, recognize important financiers.

Combat: (specialization) Adds to hit rolls using this weapon in combat, in the case of Unarmed it adds to Unarmed damage directly.  Some weapons won't be wield-able with a -1 in this.
--Eldritch:  Weapons that are out of this world.
--Gunnery:  Vehicle mounted weapons, the only man-portable Gunnery weapon is a rocket launcher.
--Primitive:  Knives, clubs, bows, thrown, etc.
--Projectile:  Firearms, from pistols to shotguns to rifles.
--Unarmed:  Laying the beat down on someone, worth noting all this damage is non-lethal.

Computer: Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, / Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,

Culture: (specialization) Familiarity with mores, languages, and traditions of a culture.
--Criminal:  Know how to deal with gangs, thugs, gangsters, dealers, fences, etc.  Finding shady suppliers, setting up a meet with a local boss.
--Nations:  Sub-specialized into particular countries, you know the dominant language of this nation.
--Organization:  Sub-specialized into particular organizations (i.e. the CIA), implies contacts in said organizations.
--Traveler:  Hobo signs, navigating new places, this cannot go above /0 but can be used in lieu of any other Culture skill

Engineering:  Build and repair human tech.

Gambling:  Games of chance or skill.

History:  Versed in recorded human history.

Language:  Each level in this language gives new skill level+1, but speaking these languages won't require a check.  Checks using this skill are mostly  used to translate unknown texts provided sufficient materials\time.

Law:  You are a equivalent to (or literally a) trained lawyer, and know extensively about legalities.

Leadership:  Inspire others to obey and follow.  Getting people to rush into battle requires this.

Medicine:  First aid to brain surgery.

Navigation:  Plotting a course from A to B, avoid getting lost.

Occult:  What is going bump in the night?  Used to learn spells.

Perception:  Detecting hidden people--or things.

Persuade:  Getting someone to agree with you or believe you.  Distinct from leadership, it won't inspire someone to acts of direct bravery--though it may convince them to reveal information that could get them killed.

Profession:  (specialization) Doing the trade\profession in question.

Research:  Using the library, internet, questioning of locals, and other efforts to get info.

Religion:  You know lots of major world religions and recognize the more off-the-beaten-path ones as well.

Security:  Locks, traps, ciphers, patrol patterns, etc.

Stealth:  Sneak, disguise, pick-pocketing, general infiltration techniques.

Survival:  Not dying in the wilderness.  Finding food, making shelters, building primitive tools from at-hand materials.

Tactics:  Planning/detecting ambushes, placing defenses, directing troops effectively.  Leadership gets people to fight, but without Tactics it generally just leads them into slaughters.

Vehicle: (specialization) Operating the vehicle in question.  Most people can drive a car, but lack real specialization in it without this skill.
--Air:  Flying.
--Land:  Cars, horses, bikes, anything on land.
--Space:  Liftoff!
--Water:  Ships, boats, and subs.

NB:  If\when appropriate, Persuade will be used to seduce and Athletics (Str or Dex) will be used to fuck.  If a fuck is preternaturally exhausting, a Physical Save may be called for to prevent being exhausted.

Starting Gear, Buying Gear, & Readied v. Stowed

You can have things that make sense for your background--helicopter pilots have helicopters, cops have guns\truncheons, etc.

Buying things in this game is simple--do you have that wealth level?  You can have it!  Do you have one wealth level below?  Downgrade your wealth by one for a month to overspend and get one such item.  Do you want something two levels above?  Permanently downgrade your wealth level by one to get it!

Wealth : Cost
Struggling : Cheap
Average : Common
Affluent : Expensive
Rich : Extravagant
Plutocratic : Priceless

Readied items are ready to go at the moment a fight starts, no action required to draw; you can have (half STR rounded down) readied items at a time.

Stowed items are just somewhere on you, you can have STR many of these.

Tagging

Tagging will be used with a tbd formula if sufficient interest is gathered.

Tha Rastah

Hatless

Oh. My. God. I need this. I don't have a clue what Silent Legions is or what I want to play yet, but sign me up.

Melkart

Vonandi

100% on board, I'll make a personality sheet as soon as I am able.

Haybuck

I am SO in for this. About to head home from work, I'll mock up a full stat block ASAP. I tend to play a character that's basically myself when I'm new to a system to familiarize myself with the rules, and I also love the idea of those particular sexual threats starting down the sights at me directly, so more than likely that's what will happen.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Hatless on July 13, 2018, 07:11:58 AM
Oh. My. God. I need this. I don't have a clue what Silent Legions is or what I want to play yet, but sign me up.

Oki doki, I'm here for ya, I'll begin writing up "Le Questionnaire" for chargen.

Quote from: Melkart on July 13, 2018, 08:41:04 AM
I would like to rp this one.

I love the concept.  :-)

Welcome aboard.

Quote from: Vonandi on July 13, 2018, 10:13:58 AM
100% on board, I'll make a personality sheet as soon as I am able.

Wonderful, great to see you again.

Quote from: Haybuck on July 13, 2018, 04:13:45 PM
I am SO in for this. About to head home from work, I'll mock up a full stat block ASAP. I tend to play a character that's basically myself when I'm new to a system to familiarize myself with the rules, and I also love the idea of those particular sexual threats starting down the sights at me directly, so more than likely that's what will happen.

Hehe, I'm glad it excites you, too!

Is there anything in particular y'all are looking to get out of this?  I can shuffle in particular aspects \ themes \ scenarios and pull them out at later, unexpected times.

SaintSicaire

That sounds really interesting!
I'm afraid, I have no clue about the system, but I'd be interested to try it! (And ask a lot of stupid questions^^)
"Nideriu minne heizet diu sô swachet
    daz der lîp nâch kranker liebe ringet"

~Walther von der Vogelweide, german minstrel (1220)

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs

Haybuck

So I think I did this right. It's my first time making a character and did my best with the stats and gear purchasing. Let me know if any of this looks out of place. The gear purchasing rules were admittedly a little esoteric. All my roll links can be found in the spoilers tag if needed.

Name: Erika Reynard
Sexuality (IC): Pansexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): I'm nearly anything goes. No's include bathroom play, gore, breath play, and sexual death.

Physical Description: See Image
Personal History: Born in 1991 in Northern New York as Michael, she completed college in Boston, MA back in 2011, and immediately took a job on the west coast to get away from her conservative parents that still insisted on using male pronouns. Erika is a Data Analyst by trade, working at Microsoft's Bellevue office as a back end Analyst III. In laymens terms, she takes all those weird, esoteric computer logs, and turns them into actual information that's readable by upper management. Backend, not customer facing. No one would let Erika do a customer facing job, she's just way too gruff, and has way too little patience for lack of understanding, which she prefers to call "Willful Ignorance", "PEBCAK", or "WOMBAT (Waste of Money, Brains, and Time)".

After being assaulted on the street by a transphobic person who knew of her from her vast online presence, she formed a group called "The Minutemen", essentially a small band of local Seattle Metro residents; mostly Liberals, who in essence, agreed to not become victim to the bystander effect when they see something happening on the street. This can range from simply calling the police regardless of if you think you saw someone else on the phone, all the way up to drawing a firearm in defense of others, if you were comfortable with that. The group was well known with local biker "gangs" if they could be called that, but otherwise worked in relative obscurity.

Erika tended to spend her downtime working on personal analytics projects towards a master's degree, sampling the local nightlife (alone, she still hadn't made many friends in Washington despite it having been a few years), and participating in online, competitive Pokemon leagues. Every so often she'd head to a local firing range to keep the skills her parents taught her sharp, but beyond that, she lived a dull, boring life, except for the few scant incidents she saw on the street and responded to.

Connection (name 1): Rachel O'Rouke - Met at a Grunge Concert she was singing at, over mutually attempting to deal with sexual harassment during the show.
Connection (name 2): Tobias Link - Met online via youtube / twitter presence. Attempted to convince him to join her at Emerald City ComicCon to explore is bi-curious proclivities.

Class: Tough
HP: 4/4
AC: 8

Expertise: 2/2

Attributes
Str: 14 (+1)
Dex: 14 (+1)
Con: 11 (0)
Int: 12 (0)
Wis: 10 (0)
Cha: 7 (-1)

Saving Throws
Physical Effect: 12
Mental Effect: 16
Evasion: 14
Magic: 15
Luck: 13

Madness: 0
Wealth: Average

Class Ability/ies: Ravenous for Life
Automatically stabilize when reduced to 0 HP, able to survive an otherwise mortal wound without medical attention.

Skills: Programmer
Athletics 0, Combat/Projectile 1, Computer 0, Culture/Home 0, Profession/Data Analysis 0, Science 0, Vehicle/Land 0

Weapon(s):
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2+1, Slaughter: 0, Ammo: N/A
Pocketknife,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d4+1, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo: N/A
Colt M1911 A1,
+Hit: 3, Dmg: 1d6+2, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo: Magazine, 12

Gear: (below is format for how to indicate something is readied vs. stowed)
Colt M1911 A1 (stowed)
Colt M1911 A1 Magazine x2 (stowed)
Pocketknife (readied)
Electronics Kit (stowed)

Personal Effects:
Dell E7420 Laptop & Charger
Solar Powered Battery Pack
3x Micro USB Cables
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Nindendo DS XL containing Pokemon Ultra Moon
Electronic Cigarette (Smok Alien 220W), Half Bottle of Liquid, 2 Spare Batteries Charged
Bag of Dice
Colt M1911 A1 Holster
Car (2008 Mini Cooper, Fair Condition)

Disciplines & Spells: N/A

Deliriums: N/A

Jezabelle

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Haybuck on July 13, 2018, 06:28:09 PM
So I think I did this right. I found a PDF copy of the book and did my best with the stats and gear purchasing. Let me know if any of this looks out of place. The gear purchasing rules were admittedly a little esoteric. All my roll links can be found in the spoilers tag if needed.

Name: Erika Reynard
Sexuality (IC): Pansexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): I'm nearly anything goes. No's include bathroom play, gore, breath play, and sexual death.

Physical Description: See Image
Personal History: Born in 1991 in Northern New York as Michael, she completed college in Boston, MA back in 2011, and immediately took a job on the west coast to get away from her conservative parents that still insisted on using male pronouns. Erika is a Data Analyst by trade, working at Microsoft's Bellevue office as a back end Analyst III. In laymens terms, she takes all those weird, esoteric computer logs, and turns them into actual information that's readable by upper management. Backend, not customer facing. No one would let Erika do a customer facing job, she's just way too gruff, and has way too little patience for lack of understanding, which she prefers to call "Willful Ignorance", "PEBCAK", or "WOMBAT (Waste of Money, Brains, and Time)".

After being assaulted on the street by a transphobic person who knew of her from her vast online presence, she formed a group called "The Minutemen", essentially a small band of local Seattle Metro residents; mostly Liberals, who in essence, agreed to not become victim to the bystander effect when they see something happening on the street. This can range from simply calling the police regardless of if you think you saw someone else on the phone, all the way up to drawing a firearm in defense of others, if you were comfortable with that. The group was well known with local biker "gangs" if they could be called that, but otherwise worked in relative obscurity.

Erika tended to spend her downtime working on personal analytics projects towards a master's degree, sampling the local nightlife (alone, she still hadn't made many friends in Washington despite it having been a few years), and participating in online, competitive Pokemon leagues. Every so often she'd head to a local firing range to keep the skills her parents taught her sharp, but beyond that, she lived a dull, boring life, except for the few scant incidents she saw on the street and responded to.

Connection (name 1):  How you know another party member (former lover, childhood friend, co-worker, former teacher\student, etc).
Connection (name 2):  How you know another party member (former lover, childhood friend, co-worker, former teacher\student, etc).

Class: Tough
HP: 4/4
AC: 10

Attributes
Str: 14 (+1)
Int: 12 (0)
Wis: 10 (0)
Cha: 7 (-1)

Saving Throws
Physical Effect: 12
Mental Effect: 16
Evasion: 14
Magic: 15

Class Ability/ies: Ravenous for Life
Automatically stabilize when reduced to 0 HP, able to survive an otherwise mortal wound without medical attention.

Skills: Programmer
Athletics 0, Combat/Projectile 1, Computer 0, Culture/Home 0, Profession/Data Analysis 0, Science 0, Vehicle/Land 0

Weapon(s):
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2+1, Slaughter: 0, Ammo: N/A
Pocketknife,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d4+1, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo: N/A
Colt M1911 A1,
+Hit: 3, Dmg: 1d6+2, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo: Magazine, 12

Colt M1911 A1 (stowed)
Colt M1911 A1 Magazine x2 (stowed)
Pocketknife (readied)
Electronics Kit (stowed)

Personal Effects:
Dell E7420 Laptop & Charger
Solar Powered Battery Pack
3x Micro USB Cables
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Nindendo DS XL containing Pokemon Ultra Moon
Electronic Cigarette (Smok Alien 220W), Half Bottle of Liquid, 2 Spare Batteries Charged
Bag of Dice
Colt M1911 A1 Holster
Car (2008 Mini Cooper, Fair Condition)

Disciplines & Spells: N/A

Deliriums: N/A

Berry Ice, approved, with a mention to the rest of the players: you don't need to specify firearm make+model\munitions, this was an above-and-beyond detail the player chose to include.

The Questionnaire is in place, if you'd like to totally defer to me for chargen just giving me concept that works too, don't be afraid to ask!  I want to make this a system game anyone can play!

edit: added AC to the questionnaire

Hatless

Here's what I have so far. I'll get the numbers to go with it after a quick chat with the GM. If anyone is looking to fill out those Connection slots, I'm happy to talk. :-)

Name: Clara St. James
Sexuality (IC): Heterosexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC):
- Male preference.
- Rather avoid tentacles. Monsters are ok, I'd just rather they have human...appendages.
- Cult rituals, group sex, bondage, hypnotism, and mind control are encouraged.
- Non-con is fine, as long as it's not violent and bloody. Prefer hypnotism, coercion, blackmail, etc. over straight up rape.

Physical Description: Same as image.
Personal History: In her youth, Clara was a rebellious little monster that hid behind the mask of prom queen, cheerleader, and all-around girl next door. During the day, she studied hard, donned her pom-poms, and let the football team's quarterback put his arm around her like she was supposed to. At night, she disappeared from her happy little suburb to see what trouble she could get into. It was a life of fast cars, drugs, and theft that she was absolutely addicted to.

At 17, it caught up with her, earning her a few months of community service and a ruined reputation. Unlike a lot of troubled youths, Clara was determined to turn her life around and fortunately had the family and money to back it up. She doubled down on her studies, applied to college, and put her past mistakes behind her.

Fast forward a year, and she is now a student at University of Washington in Seattle with a major in Communications. Clara hopes to one day get into the field of journalism, and with that in mind, she has set up her own blog and YouTube channel where she's taken up the task of investigating the state's strange occurrences, conspiracies, myths, and other supernatural phenomenon. With years of cheerleading to get her over any wall, and a less than pristine past to get her past the locked door and into the creepy abandoned mental hospital, Clara is surprisingly good at bringing in-depth looks of Washington's most infamous locales to her small but loyal following. The strange and bizarre has always been a dark fascination of hers, and even if her videos never make her famous or prove that ghosts are real, it's at least a project she can put on a resume some day.

Connection (name 1):  How you know another party member (former lover, childhood friend, co-worker, former teacher\student, etc).
Connection (name 2):  How you know another party member (former lover, childhood friend, co-worker, former teacher\student, etc).

Class:  Investigator
HP: 3/3
AC:  8

Attributes
Str: 7 (-1)
Dex: 14 (1)
Con: 14 (1)
Int: 11 (0)
Wis: 11 (0)
Cha: 14 (1) [Prime Req'd]

Saving Throws
Physical Effect: 15
Mental Effect: 14
Evasion: 12
Magic: 16

Madness:  10
Wealth:  Affluent

Class Ability/ies:
Leading Whispers:  Have a contact or insight relating to one topic, though making sense of the insight or getting the contact to cooperate may not be easy.

Skills:
Perception/0, Research/0, Athletics/0, Culture (America)/0, Computer/0, Persuade/0, Stealth/0, Security/0

Attack Bonus: +1
Weapon(s):
Taser,
+Hit: 1, Dmg: 1d8+1, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo: 1
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2+0, Slaughter: ~

3/3 Readied, 3/7 Stowed
Taser (readied)
Taser Charge x3 (readied)
Smart Phone (readied)
Laptop (stowed)
Car Keys (stowed)
Fake ID, Poor (stowed)

Personal Effects:
Handbag
Cosmetics
Nail File
Hair Pins
USB Flash Drive
Notebook
Pens in assorted colors

Disciplines & Spells:
~

Deliriums:
~

Jezabelle

Quote from: Hatless on July 13, 2018, 10:47:28 PM
Here's what I have so far. I'll get the numbers to go with it after a quick chat with the GM. If anyone is looking to fill out those Connection slots, I'm happy to talk. :-)

Name: Clara St. James
- Male preference.
- Rather avoid tentacles. Monsters are ok, I'd just rather they have human...appendages.
- Cult rituals, group sex, bondage, hypnotism, and mind control are encouraged.
- Non-con is fine, as long as it's not violent and bloody. Prefer hypnotism, coercion, blackmail, etc. over straight up rape.

Physical Description: Same as image.
Personal History: In her youth, Clara was a rebellious little monster that hid behind the mask of prom queen, cheerleader, and all-around girl next door. During the day, she studied hard, donned her pom-poms, and let the football team's quarterback put his arm around her like she was supposed to. At night, she disappeared from her happy little suburb to see what trouble she could get into. It was a life of fast cars, drugs, and theft that she was absolutely addicted to.

At 17, it caught up with her, earning her a few months of community service and a ruined reputation. Unlike a lot of troubled youths, Clara was determined to turn her life around and fortunately had the family and money to back it up. She doubled down on her studies, applied to college, and put her past mistakes behind her.

Fast forward a year, and she is now a student at University of Washington in Seattle with a major in Communications. Clara hopes to one day get into the field of journalism, and with that in mind, she has set up her own blog and YouTube channel where she's taken up the task of investigating the state's strange occurrences, conspiracies, myths, and other supernatural phenomenon. With years of cheerleading to get her over any wall, and a less than pristine past to get her past the locked door and into the creepy abandoned mental hospital, Clara is surprisingly good at bringing in-depth looks of Washington's most infamous locales to her small but loyal following. The strange and bizarre has always been a dark fascination of hers, and even if her videos never make her famous or prove that ghosts are real, it's at least a project she can put on a resume some day.

Class:  Investigator
AC:  8

Attributes
Dex: 14 (1)
Con: 14 (1)
Int: 11 (0)
Wis: 11 (0)
Cha: 14 (1) [Prime Req'd]

Saving Throws
Evasion: 12
Magic: 16

Madness:  10
Wealth:  Affluent

Class Ability/ies:
Leading Whispers:  Have a contact or insight relating to one topic, though making sense of the insight or getting the contact to cooperate may not be easy.

Skills:
Perception/0, Research/0, Athletics/0, Culture (America)/0, Computer/0, Persuade/0, Stealth/0, Security/0

Attack Bonus: +1
Weapon(s):
Taser,
+Hit: 1, Dmg: 1d8+1, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo: 1
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2+0, Slaughter: ~

3/3 Readied, 3/7 Stowed
Taser (readied)
Taser Charge x3 (readied)
Smart Phone (readied)
Laptop (stowed)
Car Keys (stowed)
Fake ID, Poor (stowed)

Personal Effects:
Handbag
Cosmetics
Nail File
Hair Pins
USB Flash Drive
Notebook
Pens in assorted colors

Disciplines & Spells:
~

Deliriums:
~

Approved!  How lovely, we've got two solid entries.  Everyone feel free to reach out to me if you wanna make a character but are having trouble getting started.

helvorn

I'd love to jump in and play.  This hits all of my buttons.

I'm working on a character now.

helvorn

Here is my character concept.  I am not familiar with the game system but am willing to learn.  I filled in as much as I could from the description and will work to fill in the rest with some guidance.

Name: Rachel O'Rourke.
Sexuality (IC): Hetro.
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): I'm ok with all type of encounters except scat, watersports and bloody vore.  I am also ok with gay with a bit of notice.  Noncon, bondage, violence, furry, monsters of all kinds, occult weirdness and tentacles, rape, mind control and all the things around bad ends are fine with me.  I particularly like transformation themes and a recent urge is for tattoos and piercings.

Physical Description: Rachel is small and svelte at 5'3" and 113 lbs.  The first impression of her is over her flowing, flaming red hair halfway down her back, her pale and glowing skin and a beautiful face.  A second or third look will take in a charming smile, sparkling green eyes and a well shaped, feminine figure.  She is lithe and toned without being muscular and the sparkling of freckles across the bridge of her nose and cheeks sets off her looks.  Rachel has an exceptional singing and speaking voice especially for a girl her size and build.

Personal History: Rachel was born into a large, raucous Irish-Catholic family.  Her father worked a variety of physical jobs in the timber mills, truck driving and construction and in the port.  Her mother handled the children, house and found time to run a consignment store that sold local crafts, cast off clothing and goods and the occasional oddity.  As the youngest child and 7th daughter in a family of 11 children she was never lonely and often on her own.  Still, there was love if rough and often unspoken and a fierce family loyalty.

She was a quite good student and always maintained good enough grades to keep her parents happy.  Rachel's real love however was music from when she could first talk.  In high school she joined a rock band run by a friend of an older brother that needed a singer.  Rachel wanted to sing and was quite good (and very pretty) and the band was willing to take her on despite being only 15 at the time.  Rachel stayed busy in high school continuing to get good grades to keep her parents happy and even was a cheer leader for a couple of years.  Between licit music in church and local groups and illicit music with the band, school and helping her mother in the store Rachel kept busy.  It was in the band with the guys at least half a decade older than her that Rachel lost her mental if not physical innocence.  She was fiery and involved in the loose music scene but the Catholic girl and her virginity were lines she didn't cross at that time...

A few months before graduation her parents found out about the band.  They exploded... Rachel was grounded, snuck out, was grounded again and the shouting could be heard down the block.  A cold détente existing for the rest of the school year and through most of the summer as Rachel fought back with all of the legendary fire of a red head.  Things calmed down as Rachel went off to college and her parents made up with their youngest daughter and first to leave home to go away to school. 

Rachel went off to Seattle for the indy music scene but also because UW gave her a full ride scholarship because of her academic record and as the first in her family to go to college.  She joined an up and coming grunge band and threw herself into the arts and music community.  Meanwhile to keep her scholarship and the free room and board Rachel worked hard to keep up her grades.  She actually chose physics as a major as part of her scholarship required her to take a science or technical major and engineering was just too deadly.  Actually with a father always building things and handy with his hands Rachel enjoyed physics and was good enough with the math to get along.

In her second year she was picked up as an assistant by professor Albert Schwartz.  Dr. Schwartz specialized in the fringes of physics where reality grew strange and almost like magic.  Rachel didn't understand the math but she enjoyed filing, putting together reports and investigating odd phenomena or tracking down old books and manuscripts.  The books and such seemed odd but the job paid a stipend and the professor wasn't bad looking for a scientist type.

Core Stats: I chose my stats, hopefully correctly

Dex: 11 (0)
Int: 14 (+1)
Wis: 7 (-1)
Cha: 14 (+1)

Remember that most stats for most people will be +0 at this stage so don't take that as a bad sign!

AC: 9 unarmoured.

Background: Entertainer Art, Culture/Home, Persuade, Any One Skill.

Class:  Socilaite.  NB: Prime Requisite means that one of those two stats may be raised to a 14.

Class Ability (costs 1 Expertise to trigger):  Folie a Deux:  Illicit a friendly/intimidated reaction from a human unless the circumstance is totally implausible; the supernaturally augmented may get a Mental Save, but normal humans will not.

HP: 2

Saves: determined by class, LOWER IS BETTER
SOCIALITE

Class Skills: you can spend 1 Expertise to re-roll these after failing a check with them.
Socialite:  Art, Business, Culture, Gambling, Language, Law, Leadership, Perception, Persuade, Profession, and Vehicle

Bonus Skills:  you get these for starting a character of this class

Wealth: Struggling Student (+1 skill point, you're poor af).

Class: Socialite
HP: current/max
AC:

Expertise: current/max (starts at max 2)

Attributes

Saving Throws
Physical Effect:
Mental Effect:
Evasion:
Magic:
Luck:

Madness:
Wealth: Struggling

Class Ability/ies:

Skills:

Weapon(s):
Name,
+Hit:, Dmg:, Slaughter:, Ammo:

Item name (readied)
item name (stowed)

Personal Effects:
(items you want it known that you have but are too small to take up Encumbrance)

Disciplines & Spells:

Deliriums:

Jezabelle

Quote from: helvorn on July 14, 2018, 02:52:13 AM
Here is my character concept.  I am not familiar with the game system but am willing to learn.  I filled in as much as I could from the description and will work to fill in the rest with some guidance.

Name: Rachel O'Rourke.
Sexuality (IC): Hetro.
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): I'm ok with all type of encounters except scat, watersports and bloody vore.  I am also ok with gay with a bit of notice.  Noncon, bondage, violence, furry, monsters of all kinds, occult weirdness and tentacles, rape, mind control and all the things around bad ends are fine with me.  I particularly like transformation themes and a recent urge is for tattoos and piercings.

Physical Description: Rachel is small and svelte at 5'3" and 113 lbs.  The first impression of her is over her flowing, flaming red hair halfway down her back, her pale and glowing skin and a beautiful face.  A second or third look will take in a charming smile, sparkling green eyes and a well shaped, feminine figure.  She is lithe and toned without being muscular and the sparkling of freckles across the bridge of her nose and cheeks sets off her looks.  Rachel has an exceptional singing and speaking voice especially for a girl her size and build.

Personal History: Rachel was born into a large, raucous Irish-Catholic family.  Her father worked a variety of physical jobs in the timber mills, truck driving and construction and in the port.  Her mother handled the children, house and found time to run a consignment store that sold local crafts, cast off clothing and goods and the occasional oddity.  As the youngest child and 7th daughter in a family of 11 children she was never lonely and often on her own.  Still, there was love if rough and often unspoken and a fierce family loyalty.

She was a quite good student and always maintained good enough grades to keep her parents happy.  Rachel's real love however was music from when she could first talk.  In high school she joined a rock band run by a friend of an older brother that needed a singer.  Rachel wanted to sing and was quite good (and very pretty) and the band was willing to take her on despite being only 15 at the time.  Rachel stayed busy in high school continuing to get good grades to keep her parents happy and even was a cheer leader for a couple of years.  Between licit music in church and local groups and illicit music with the band, school and helping her mother in the store Rachel kept busy.  It was in the band with the guys at least half a decade older than her that Rachel lost her mental if not physical innocence.  She was fiery and involved in the loose music scene but the Catholic girl and her virginity were lines she didn't cross at that time...

A few months before graduation her parents found out about the band.  They exploded... Rachel was grounded, snuck out, was grounded again and the shouting could be heard down the block.  A cold détente existing for the rest of the school year and through most of the summer as Rachel fought back with all of the legendary fire of a red head.  Things calmed down as Rachel went off to college and her parents made up with their youngest daughter and first to leave home to go away to school. 

Rachel went off to Seattle for the indy music scene but also because UW gave her a full ride scholarship because of her academic record and as the first in her family to go to college.  She joined an up and coming grunge band and threw herself into the arts and music community.  Meanwhile to keep her scholarship and the free room and board Rachel worked hard to keep up her grades.  She actually chose physics as a major as part of her scholarship required her to take a science or technical major and engineering was just too deadly.  Actually with a father always building things and handy with his hands Rachel enjoyed physics and was good enough with the math to get along.

In her second year she was picked up as an assistant by professor Albert Schwartz.  Dr. Schwartz specialized in the fringes of physics where reality grew strange and almost like magic.  Rachel didn't understand the math but she enjoyed filing, putting together reports and investigating odd phenomena or tracking down old books and manuscripts.  The books and such seemed odd but the job paid a stipend and the professor wasn't bad looking for a scientist type.

Core Stats: I chose my stats, hopefully correctly

AC: 9 unarmoured.

Background: Entertainer Art, Culture/Home, Persuade, Any One Skill.

Class:  Socilaite.  NB: Prime Requisite means that one of those two stats may be raised to a 14.

Class Ability (costs 1 Expertise to trigger):  Folie a Deux:  Illicit a friendly/intimidated reaction from a human unless the circumstance is totally implausible; the supernaturally augmented may get a Mental Save, but normal humans will not.

HP: 2

Saves: determined by class, LOWER IS BETTER
SOCIALITE

Class Skills: you can spend 1 Expertise to re-roll these after failing a check with them.
Socialite:  Art, Business, Culture, Gambling, Language, Law, Leadership, Perception, Persuade, Profession, and Vehicle

Bonus Skills:  you get these for starting a character of this class

Wealth: Struggling Student (+1 skill point, you're poor af).

HP: current/max
AC:

Expertise: current/max (starts at max 2)

Attributes

Saving Throws
Physical Effect:
Mental Effect:
Evasion:
Magic:
Luck:

Madness:

Class Ability/ies:

Skills:

Weapon(s):
Name,
+Hit:, Dmg:, Slaughter:, Ammo:

Item name (readied)
item name (stowed)

Personal Effects:

Disciplines & Spells:

Deliriums:

Approved, will put into a Character Sheet soon(tm).

It's worth noting that a player has pointed out to me that the Prime Requisite system would seem to let you upgrade a 7 to a 14 after using the # allocation method.  I have since read further and while it's never directly stated a later rules reference implicitly states that this is to be done on rolled Stats.  I will be keeping the ruling however, somewhat upgrading # allocation to being a nigh-dominant method.

I will understand if players want to adjust their PCs accordingly or want me to elaborate on the situation.  I think it's ultimately fine, because this game is quite punishing and I've already made the ruling in-error and so it must now stand.

helvorn

Thank you for the approval!!!!

An extra '14' might stave off the inevitable sacrifice to the tentacle god for a few posts but we are all bound to bear the offspring of some monster from beyond the stars anyway. :) 

Still, I can put a 14 in charisma and be a sexy host to some alien parasite...  ;D

Jezabelle

Quote from: helvorn on July 14, 2018, 08:37:22 AM
Thank you for the approval!!!!

An extra '14' might stave off the inevitable sacrifice to the tentacle god for a few posts but we are all bound to bear the offspring of some monster from beyond the stars anyway. :) 

Still, I can put a 14 in charisma and be a sexy host to some alien parasite...  ;D

Aaaaah, Catholic school all over again...

helvorn

Nuns from space?  I’ve heard them called penguins but never seen the tentacles

Jezabelle

Quote from: helvorn on July 14, 2018, 05:10:41 PM
Nuns from space?  I’ve heard them called penguins but never seen the tentacles

This campaign will give you an opportunity to see beneath the habit ;)

Things are shaping up well, we've got 3 characters confirmed and a 4th in the works.  Once we've got 6 confirmed, or next weekend, I'll post OOC--whichever comes first.

helvorn

Jezabelle

Quote from: helvorn on July 15, 2018, 10:59:31 PM
Wait for a week?  The horror!  :)

But the first of many creeping mental anguishes I mean to inflict upon the players, muahahaha.

Think of getting to 6ix confirmed sheets as the game's prologue adventure.

helvorn

Melkart

Name: Tobias Link. In his Youtube Channels he calls himself “Mr. Rust”
Sexuality (IC): Heterosexual with some bicurious leanings that he has not explored or indulged in.
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): I’m all right with all encounters except bathroom play, blood and gruesome vore.

Physical Description: Slender and not very tall. He is quite an unassuming young man.
Personal History: Some might say that Tobias’ life would be decided by physical realities. He never was a big guy or a strong one which meant that he was always the victim of bullies at school. This made him a shy and reclusive person. Soon he was devoting his time to his studies and to reading. He spend long  hours to the worlds of fancy that his imagination and that of the writers he loved could conjure than in the real world that he found scary and menacing.

As he entered his teenage years he became more and more fascinated by horror writers and the darkest types of knowledge. It was an understandable reaction to all the bullying he was facing in his everyday life. He was perfectly prepared to accept that there were monsters in this world when he had to face them, in very human form and psyche, in class everyday. Learning about gruesome facts and terrible knowledge was the perfect way to cope with all that. He would look at Zack, the football player brand of bully and think. “Yes, you look tough but I wonder what would you have done at Dyatlov Pass”.
He would also spend his free time reading books about paranormal phenomena or watching related videos on Youtube.

He was eventually disappointed in many of them as he could see that they were fakes. Pure fiction spiced with edited photos and a scary sounding soundtrack. It was then when he started a personal project. He created his own Youtube channel about mysterious places that he recorded himself. In his videos he did not fall into the fake or fictional storytelling. He documented himself about the place and simply explained his findings. Truth could be far scarier than fiction he decided.

His style has given his channel a small following which allows Tobias to buy equipment and pay the gasoline and lodgings to make more videos. Being a shy person he does not appear on the channel and uses a nickname Mr. Rust and distorts his voice to a deeper tone when he speaks in his videos.

Connection (name 1)
Connection (name 2)

Class: Investigator
Hit Points: 3

Attributes:
Str:7 (-1)
Dex:14 (+1)
Con:7 (-1)
Int:14 (+1)
Wis:14 (+1)
Cha: 11 (0)

Saves:
Phys: 15, Mental: 14, Evasion: 12, Magic: 16, Luck: 13

Class Skills:
Perception /0
Research /0
Persuade /0
Culture (Home) /0
Vehicle (Land) /0
Art (Video) /0

Equipment:

Weapon(s):
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2-1, Slaughter: 0, Ammo: N/A

Personal Effects:
Macbook Pro 15’’ (2016)
Camera: Sony A7 SII
iPhone 8s
Battery pack. Can be used for the Phone, the Computer or the Camera.
External Mike.
Car: Dad’s old car.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Melkart on July 16, 2018, 05:38:08 AM
```

Approved!

Quote from: helvorn on July 16, 2018, 12:09:17 AM
Cruel and heartless torment

Already breaking under the torture?  Fret not, that leaves us two away, and a little bird gives me the inkling that we're gonna get two more Soon(tm).

helvorn

Quote from: Melkart on July 16, 2018, 05:38:08 AM

Name: Tobias Link. In his Youtube Channels he calls himself “Mr. Rust”
Sexuality (IC): Heterosexual with some bicurious leanings that he has not explored or indulged in.

I like him!  He's got a good combination of angst and alienation without being paralyzed.  Great hooks into the mythos investigation!

helvorn

Quote from: Jezabelle on July 16, 2018, 06:00:59 AM
Already breaking under the torture?  Fret not, that leaves us two away, and a little bird gives me the inkling that we're gonna get two more Soon(tm).

Broken like a fine Ming vase thrown to the floor and trampled underfoot :)

Jezabelle

Quote from: helvorn on July 16, 2018, 11:00:15 AM
Broken like a fine Ming vase thrown to the floor and trampled underfoot :)

Talk about short list of ways to get cursed...
'

I'm thinking the inciting incident that leads into the Intro Adventure will be something of a "powerful" hook, to explain combining the disparate group, but don't take that as a sign it'll all be heavy handed.  There'll be plenty of traveling through towns that seem normal but are just a wee bit... off, and clues slowly mount and mount, until the other shoes drops in the course of investigation.  After the Adventure is resolved, eXP will be dealt with, and the group will decide on their next course of action based on outstanding information\plot threads.  Things ignored will progress.

Really, I think it's gonna be a great format!  We're going to have 6 confirmed sheets Soon(tm) I feel, so don't be surprised to see OOC up by tmrw.

Arcanist

Hi everyone,
Creating a scholar at the moment who works at an occult store, Hopefully should have something up and running when I wake. Would anyone like a possible connection before the game starts?

Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

helvorn

Quote from: Jezabelle on July 16, 2018, 11:06:02 AM
Talk about short list of ways to get cursed...

I try my best  ;)

Quote from: Jezabelle on July 16, 2018, 11:06:02 AM
I'm thinking the inciting incident that leads into the Intro Adventure will be something of a "powerful" hook, to explain combining the disparate group, but don't take that as a sign it'll all be heavy handed.  There'll be plenty of traveling through towns that seem normal but are just a wee bit... off, and clues slowly mount and mount, until the other shoes drops in the course of investigation.  After the Adventure is resolved, eXP will be dealt with, and the group will decide on their next course of action based on outstanding information\plot threads.  Things ignored will progress.

Really, I think it's gonna be a great format!  We're going to have 6 confirmed sheets Soon(tm) I feel, so don't be surprised to see OOC up by tmrw.

That's a great surge of interest!

Since we don't have the OOC yet I thought I would throw a few things out.  I think on the connection note we have the below.  Please guys correct me if I'm wrong.

• Rachel and Clara who are room mates at UW and have be around each other's investigations.  Also Clara may be trying to corrupt the 'innocent' Catholic girl Rachel.

• Clara and Tobias know each other from Youtube discussions and possibly an invitation to the comic convention coming up.

• Erika is going to the comic convention which Clara, Rachel and Tobias are going to attend for one reason or another.

• Rachel knows Erika from an encounter in a club where Rachel called out some jerks for harassment.

• Arcanist's character could know Rachel from her efforts to procure odd books and such for her professor.

Melkart

SaintSicaire

Soooo.... I hope I didn't mess up anything.
This became an eerie mixture of Stephen King rip-off and self insert :D But here he is^^

Name: Patrick Callaghan
Sexuality (IC): Bisexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Except for vore and scat, I'm game for anything^^
Physical Description: of average build and height, more often that not unkempt, the charisma and posture of an underpaid office clerk
Personal History:
Born in Providence, Rhode Island, where his father ran a small Second-Hand bookstore, his childhood and youth were quite unremarkable.

Fitting for someone who grew up between books he went off to study english and european literature. Although never the athletic type, he got into Judo during college and became if not proficient, but quite good at it.

His dream of becoming an author himself, or at least work for a great publishing company led to little more than some unpaid internships and some (poorly written) short stories, published in a student newspaper. In the end, he got a job as editor for the small and rather niche publisher "Marsh&Waite", which specializes in trashy SF. Erotica and Horror. Far from his dream job, he got used the flood of derivative mansucripts with no artistic and hardly an economic value. Aside from his more than unfullfilling job, he occasionally wrote articles for literary journals, which attracted little attention, not even among other scholars of literature. Either due to his bad luck or the fact "Alchemy and Mysticism in German Romantic Literature" is hardly a hot topic in modern literary science.

Anyway, Marsh&Waite did well enough to open a second office on the West Coast and offered Patrick the post as head editor there. Patrick, having just lost his dog to old age and his partner to another man, accepted, although with little enthusiasm.

Class: Scholar
HP: 1/1
AC: 9

Attributes
Str: 13 (+0)
Dex: 11 (+0)
Con: 9 (+0)
Int: 15 (+1)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 9 (+0)

Saving Throws
Physical Effect: 16
Evasion: 15
Magic: 12

Class Ability/ies: Deep Gnossis
Auto-succeed any non-Occult/Eldritch Knowledge test.

Skills:
Business/0, Culture(America)/0, Profession(Publisher)/0, History/0, Research/0, Science/0, Art(Literature)/0, Unarmed/0

Weapon(s):
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2+0, Slaughter: 0, Ammo: N/A

Gear:
Smartphone (readied)

Personal Effects:
Car (2000 Opel Astra)
Notebook
a copy of Joseph Conrads "Heart of Darkness"

Disciplines & Spells: -

Deliriums: -
"Nideriu minne heizet diu sô swachet
    daz der lîp nâch kranker liebe ringet"

~Walther von der Vogelweide, german minstrel (1220)

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs

Jezabelle

Quote from: SaintSicaire on July 16, 2018, 06:17:29 PM
Soooo.... I hope I didn't mess up anything.
This became an eerie mixture of Stephen King rip-off and self insert :D But here he is^^

Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Except for vore and scat, I'm game for anything^^
Physical Description: of average build and height, more often that not unkempt, the charisma and posture of an underpaid office clerk
Personal History:
Born in Providence, Rhode Island, where his father ran a small Second-Hand bookstore, his childhood and youth were quite unremarkable.

Fitting for someone who grew up between books he went off to study english and european literature. Although never the athletic type, he got into Judo during college and became if not proficient, but quite good at it.

His dream of becoming an author himself, or at least work for a great publishing company led to little more than some unpaid internships and some (poorly written) short stories, published in a student newspaper. In the end, he got a job as editor for the small and rather niche publisher "Marsh&Waite", which specializes in trashy SF. Erotica and Horror. Far from his dream job, he got used the flood of derivative mansucripts with no artistic and hardly an economic value. Aside from his more than unfullfilling job, he occasionally wrote articles for literary journals, which attracted little attention, not even among other scholars of literature. Either due to his bad luck or the fact "Alchemy and Mysticism in German Romantic Literature" is hardly a hot topic in modern literary science.

Anyway, Marsh&Waite did well enough to open a second office on the West Coast and offered Patrick the post as head editor there. Patrick, having just lost his dog to old age and his partner to another man, accepted, although with little enthusiasm.

Attributes
Dex: 11 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws
Magic: 12

Class Ability/ies: Deep Gnossis
Auto-succeed any non-Occult/Eldritch Knowledge test.

Skills:
Business/0, Culture(America)/0, Profession(Publisher)/0, History/0, Research/0, Science/0, Art(Literature)/0, Unarmed/0

Weapon(s):
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2+0, Slaughter: 0, Ammo: N/A

Gear:
Smartphone (readied)

Personal Effects:
Car (2000 Opel Astra)
Notebook
a copy of Joseph Conrads "Heart of Darkness"

Welcome aboard, approved!

helvorn

Quote from: SaintSicaire on July 16, 2018, 06:17:29 PM

Someone with fewer hit points than me!  We can die or get dragged off by the monsters together. :)

Jezabelle

Quote from: helvorn on July 16, 2018, 07:57:35 PM
Someone with fewer hit points than me!  We can die or get dragged off by the monsters together. :)

I can't wait!  I've got lots of lewd ideas for all the characters, but extraspecially yours ;)

helvorn

Quote from: Jezabelle on July 16, 2018, 09:28:26 PM
I can't wait!  I've got lots of lewd ideas for all the characters, but extraspecially yours ;)

Lewd ideas?  Ohhh!

I'll break another Ming vase, walk under a ladder and break a mirror to bring it on.  Where are those black cats?   :)

Arcanist

Name: Maximilian Smith or Max to friends and frequent buying customers, and Mr. Smith to all you people who just browse
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Almost anything goes. No's included bathroom play, gore, vore and guro.

Physical Description: He could have been a jock in his college days but had more interest in his studies. Only interests he has is the occult, alternative religion, and meditation, moving or otherwise. Because of that, he is dexterous and flexible but has none of the strength or constitution of an active sportsman. He is, however, fit enough to move boxes of books around. Definitely not a sociable person, he rather spends time with his book and interests. People are a distraction unless they have an interesting puzzle to solve. God help me if they are idiots.

Personal History: Coming from a family of sportsmen, growing up was hard especially when they all played sports semi-professionally or professionally. His father was an American Football player, his mother a long distance runner. Both his brothers play baseball semi-professionally and his sister an Olympic gymnast. Well, they can all just suck it. He is a Historian and comfortable with his books damn it! Sure, he could not tell the difference between a Diamond or a Yard Line, but none of his family could tell the difference between Pictographs and Hieroglyphics. They may have their scholarships through sports but he got it through hard work. So what if they had cute girlfriends, he had Cleopatra and Leila Waddell in his bed. Sure one was ugly as and the other a fruit bat. But who cares?

His paper on the Fox Sisters and Spiritual Movement in the 19th Century was still recommended reading for first-year occultism students and he could have taught at the University. Well, he sometimes does, a few units here and there, it was not his fault that there was a lack of funding or a lower than expected interest in occultism. Kids today. So what better way to buy the books you want to study, keep them if they are any good and sell them if they aren't or not really what one was looking for by opening a bookstore. It was going to be a fine place to meet like-minded scholars interested in History and the Occult. But what did he have the first day he opened? "Do you have Eye of Newt? My boyfriend's eyes are roaming, do you have something that can cure him? I want a love potion cause I like the girl in class. How can I get Brad Pitt to marry me?

Yes, dear. Everything happens for a reason but sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisons. Idiots!!! Idiots all!!!! Take control of your life!!! Fools!!! *sighs* What I can charge $50 for my pee?

The next day, the sign outside the door of Occult Bookstore changes - Key of Solomon - Esoteric Bookshop and Purveyor of Potions, Herbs and Spells

Excerpt from Customer Journal
Connection (Clara St James): Customer - Good Customer makes me money with impulse buys, always buys stuff like Cross of St Michael, Good Luck Charms, Cult Rituals, Eye of Newt and Potion of Ghost-Seeing (wonder if she really knows what ingredients are in potion)

Connection (Rachel O'Rourke): Customer - Always asking questions about this book and that book. Questions, questions, questions....always questions. At least she buys some of the books, unlike some of my other customers. Now if she were to make some special orders.

Attributes
Str: 9 (+0)
Dex: 15 (+1)
Con: 8 (+0)
Wis: 14 (+1) (Prime Req)
Cha: 5 (-1)

Saving Throws
Magic: 14

Madness:

Class Ability/ies: Deep Gnossis:  Auto-succeed any non-Occult/Eldritch Knowledge test. (Cost 1 Expertise to Trigger)
                         Scholar:  Art, Computer, Culture, Engineering, History, Language, Law, Medicine, Occult,   
                         Profession, Research, and Science (CAN spend 1 Expertise to re-roll these after             
                         failing a check with them.

Skills:
Culture (America)/0, Language/0, Occult/1, Religion/0, Research/0, History/0, Combat (Projectile)/0

Languages: English, Arabic and Egyptian

Weapon(s): Shotgun, Pump
Name: Big Stick behind Counter
+Hit:, Dmg 3d4:, Slaughter 1d10:, Ammo: 6:
+Hit:, Dmg 2d4:, Slaughter 1d8:, Ammo: 6: (Rock Salt Ammo)

item name (readied)
Shotgun
Laptop
item name (stowed)

Personal Effects:
Ammo
Chalk
Holy Water
Smart Phone
Candles
Various Religion Symbols
Rock Salt
Key of Solomon and a few choice occult books (Mostly kept in the shop behind a locked counter)

Occult Book Store - Solomon's Key

Disciplines & Spells:

Deliriums:

Vonandi

Name: Heather Rook
Sexuality (IC): Hetero
Ok with everything on the anticipated list except hypno. FxM strongly preferred.

Physical Description:Tall and sinewy, carries herself in a way that is very slow and deliberate. Seems to always smell of smoke.

Personal History:The history of Heather Rook seems to have as many variations as times she has recounted it. Sometimes she's an orphan, a former flower shop owner, the hated daughter of some famous some famous socialite. But no matter the story the basics remain the same, she was at some point the head of a well known and very powerful street gang, and at some point she lost that privilege. Her gang turned to the occult, and now she seeks to do the same to regain her status, but what she will do with such power remains to be seen. (More to be added.)

Background:2, 6

Class:Tough
HP: 7/7
Attributes
Str: 14(1) PR
Dex: 13(0)
Con: 12(0)
Int: 12(0)
Wis: 13(0)
Cha: 9 (0)

Saving Throws
Physical Effect:12
Mental Effect:16
Evasion:14
Magic:15
Luck:13

Madness:
Wealth:Struggling +1 skill

Class Ability/ies:Ravenous for Life:  Illicit a friendly/intimidated reaction from a human unless the circumstance is totally implausible; the supernaturally augmented may get a Mental Save, but normal humans will not.

Skills:Gangster
Athletics, Combat(Primitive), Gambling, Leadership, Profession,
Stealth, Survival, Tactics, and Vehicle(land) Culture(Criminal), Persuade, Culture(home), Combat(Projectile)

Weapon(s):
Spring assisted stiletto,
1d4, Slau: 1d6, Str/Dex, 6/9m (if thrown)

Sawn-off Shotgun,
3d4, Slau: 1d10, Dex, 10/30m, [2]

Gear:
Sawn-off(stowed)
Stiletto(readied)
20 Shotgun rounds (stowed)
Holster, jacket(stowed)

Personal Effects:
A Cheap lighter
A Worn patch depicting a black squid
A Jacket (worn)
Half a bottle of Steel Reserve
An open Bag of gummi worms

Disciplines & Spells:

Deliriums:

Jezabelle

Quote from: Vonandi on July 17, 2018, 08:59:13 PM
Name: Heather Rook
Sexuality (IC): Hetero
Ok with everything on the anticipated list except hypno. FxM strongly preferred.

Physical Description:Tall and sinewy, carries herself in a way that is very slow and deliberate. Seems to always smell of smoke.

Personal History:The history of Heather Rook seems to have as many variations as times she has recounted it. Sometimes she's an orphan, a former flower shop owner, the hated daughter of some famous some famous socialite. But no matter the story the basics remain the same, she was at some point the head of a well known and very powerful street gang, and at some point she lost that privilege. Her gang turned to the occult, and now she seeks to do the same to regain her status, but what she will do with such power remains to be seen. (More to be added.)

Background:2, 6

Class:Tough
HP: 7/7
Attributes
Str: 14(1) PR
Dex: 13(0)
Con: 12(0)
Int: 12(0)
Wis: 13(0)
Cha: 9 (0)

Saving Throws
Physical Effect:12
Mental Effect:16
Evasion:14
Magic:15
Luck:13

Madness:
Wealth:Struggling +1 skill

Class Ability/ies:Ravenous for Life:  Illicit a friendly/intimidated reaction from a human unless the circumstance is totally implausible; the supernaturally augmented may get a Mental Save, but normal humans will not.

Skills:Gangster
Athletics, Combat(Primitive), Gambling, Leadership, Profession,
Stealth, Survival, Tactics, and Vehicle(land) Culture(Criminal), Persuade, Culture(home), Combat(Projectile)

Weapon(s):
Spring assisted stiletto,
1d4, Slau: 1d6, Str/Dex, 6/9m (if thrown)

Sawn-off Shotgun,
3d4, Slau: 1d10, Dex, 10/30m, [2]

Gear:
Sawn-off(stowed)
Stiletto(readied)
20 Shotgun rounds (stowed)
Holster, jacket(stowed)

Personal Effects:
A Cheap lighter
A Worn patch depicting a black squid
A Jacket (worn)
Half a bottle of Steel Reserve
An open Bag of gummi worms

Disciplines & Spells:

Deliriums:

Looks good, approved!

There's two mistakes but it's actually my fault, I fucked up Class Abilities and left Socialite's on Tough.  Yours is actually:

"Ravenous for Life:  When you hit 0 HP you automatically spend 1 Expertise point to stabilize."

It looks like you have all the Tough Class skills, but you should have just the Bonus Skills + whichever you picked for your two choices given there, so:
Athletics, Combat, Any One Class Skill, Any One Skill

I know you have 9 skill points total with going down to Struggling but I think I saw you over that by a l'il, and assumed that's what happened.  Nbd tho.

Feel free to post it with addendum in the Characters thread.

helvorn

Arcanist

helvorn

Jezabelle

Hey everyone, it has been a few months since we go going and while the game is in full swing the normal E-ttrition has taken its toll.  As such I'd like to go in for a second round of recruitment.  There's no limit on player numbers, and there will be ample opportunities to weave you into the narrative.  Feel free to contact me with any questions!

VonDoom

Very interested, but it might take me a bit to read up on everything. Is the character roster up to date with who dropped and who's still active?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Jezabelle

Quote from: VonDoom on September 13, 2018, 02:57:51 AM
Very interested, but it might take me a bit to read up on everything. Is the character roster up to date with who dropped and who's still active?

No, in part because I don't want to engage in the finality of removing someone from "active" when they're still a "maybe."  That being said, some have definitively dropped and only my laziness has prevented this from being accurately represented.

The last three posters in IC are the remaining cast for all intents and purposes at the time being.

Ampere

I like this idea - and some of the inspirational images are particularly appealing.

Please add me to the list of potential victims.

Leaning towards the Investigator or Scholar as classes - though perhaps I should see how I roll before risking a decision.
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

VonDoom

Thank you for the quick response! So looking at things, we have a Socialite, a Scholar and an Investigator -- I am familiar with 3.5 D&D and Pathfinder, but I don't have the first clue about OSR or Silent Legions, though I did have a quick look at a rather in-depths review that also lists what classes are available and whatnot.

Looking at that, the natural choice would be to go for a 'Tough' character, but my first inclination is more towards a Scholar/Socialite hybrid. The review mentioned that multiclassing is a thing in Silent Legions, so … would that work? A stronger rooting in scholar with some socialite tendencies?

I'll have to read over everything to see how to shape things up and what might work and what wouldn't, but my initial thought is a female character, a huge huge mystery/occult nerd who'd give Dipper Pines a run for the biggest proverbial hard-on for weirdness. Just gotta balance that with a social life, academics and whatnot and that might make for a basic idea to build a person around. Ought to find an image first before I set down anything more concrete, since I'm very choosey about these once I have a firm mental image. Easier to be inspired by the picture for me than the other way around.

O&O

Jezabelle

Quote from: Ampere on September 13, 2018, 03:42:48 AM
I like this idea - and some of the inspirational images are particularly appealing.

Please add me to the list of potential victims.

Leaning towards the Investigator or Scholar as classes - though perhaps I should see how I roll before risking a decision.

Either would work quite well!  Welcome aboard.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 13, 2018, 03:54:59 AM
Thank you for the quick response! So looking at things, we have a Socialite, a Scholar and an Investigator -- I am familiar with 3.5 D&D and Pathfinder, but I don't have the first clue about OSR or Silent Legions, though I did have a quick look at a rather in-depths review that also lists what classes are available and whatnot.

Looking at that, the natural choice would be to go for a 'Tough' character, but my first inclination is more towards a Scholar/Socialite hybrid. The review mentioned that multiclassing is a thing in Silent Legions, so … would that work? A stronger rooting in scholar with some socialite tendencies?

I'll have to read over everything to see how to shape things up and what might work and what wouldn't, but my initial thought is a female character, a huge huge mystery/occult nerd who'd give Dipper Pines a run for the biggest proverbial hard-on for weirdness. Just gotta balance that with a social life, academics and whatnot and that might make for a basic idea to build a person around. Ought to find an image first before I set down anything more concrete, since I'm very choosey about these once I have a firm mental image. Easier to be inspired by the picture for me than the other way around.

It's essentially ju(st)ructured to allow you to very easily take levels in other classes, but you'd still need to pick one to start as.

The combat will be reminiscent of D&D, but fighting will generally not be an ideal situation.  Surrender or flight are the most likely options, especially against anything non-mundane.  Of course, a Tough could take a bit more of a bruising.  Aside from that there are skill checks, but they use 2d6+Skill+Stat Mod rather than d20+same.

VonDoom

Aye, so that would basically leave me with Scholar and with the option to pick up a level or two of Socialite later -- which means I'd have to get a good to decent stat arrangement on INT, WIS and CHA for her to not be terrible at what she does. ;D

Of course, that's just fancy talk for the moment, since I don't have the book and … well, probably won't invest 20 bucks into it starting out. I'll see about finding a picture, reading up on things and figuring out a backstory once I'm off work.

O&O

Jezabelle

Sure thing, nobody else has the book besides me AFAIK, I've just facilitated chargen extensively with the PCs.  Lmk if there's anything you want me to look up in the book.

VonDoom

WIP - some ideas and bullet points, checking in to see how compatible and interesting these are. Happy to receive feedback, input or ideas for tie-ins.

Not sure if I'm making her too much of a weirdness magnet here, but since I'm just throwing out some ideas for her right now, I can easily tone that down. How does that sound so far?

Name:  Amber Juliet Sorkin
Tentacles - YES, always. Barring particularly gruesome varieties, she'll be way too into it for her own good.
Hypno - YES, always. She'll try to resist, but will inevitably melt into it. That's how she gained some of her weirder fetishes in the first place.
Non-Con - Yes.
Enslavement - Yes.
BDSM - Yes.
Critters, Monsters, etc. - Yes. Bring the weird Lovecraftian things. While I don't enjoy furry aesthetics, traditional monster types when presented as such (including bestial werewolves, minotaurs, etc.) are fine.

No-go territory is the usual hard limits - gore, vore, bathroom stuff.

WIP Bulletpoint Ideas:
-) somewhere between 26 and 28
-) Born in the lap of upper middle class privilege. Mother a model, father a psychiatrist. Grew up fairly sheltered from ordinary problems and maintains an upbeat attitude and basic trust in the decency of people.
-) comfortable with modern technology, but has never developed an affinity for it.
-) Was witness to a number of occult things as a child that she doesn't remember. Her father is involved with various shady occult types for his research and sent Amber away when her growing curiosity started to become dangerous.
-) Was sent to an all-girls school. Developed an interest in strange novels and was drawn into a case of serial murders there. She is missing a few days of memory, but after that, everything was fine again and no more murders, so all's well that ends well!
-) Became more and more of a mystery fanatic. To the disappointment of her parents, decided to major in ancient history.
-) Was seeing a therapist awhile back because of recurring nightmares who was  recommended by her father. He was actually a lewd version of a Blistered Priest. He helped her 'come to terms' with her weirder fantasies (read: imbued her with new fetishes for lovecraftian lewdness and strengthened existing ones), but something felt off after awhile since her dreams became worse instead and so she stopped visiting him.

O&O

Ampere

This is what I've gotten so far
Name: Melissa Delacroix
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-sexual bodily fluids, Mutilation
Physical Description: tall and wan, redhead with unusually sharp green eyes and an elegant, though not necessarily up to date, sense of style.
Personal History:
Born and raised in Louisiana, Melissa fully expected to continue the long family tradition of displacing her parents from their large and well-appointed mansion and making full use of their inheritance, while they languished in the guest house. It came as a terrible blow when she discovered that, not only had the Delacroix fortune been frittered away, but it had, in fact been replaced by a significant debt. Of course, had her parent's taken out a loan with some reputable bank, it might have been possible for Melissa to negotiate some new terms. Sadly, the Delacroix's had chosen another, less conventional lender.

Melissa isn't exactly sure what having ones soul in hock entails and she is quite eager to never learn. But, for a young woman with little in the way of practical skills, there were only a limited number of ways in which she might recoup the family's losses. Fortunately for her, Melissa was almost as good at reading cards as she was reading people. And, she had no difficulty becoming first a hostess and then a dealer on one of the many riverboat casinos.

The made gentlemen for whom she actually worked took a very dim view, however, when it became clear she was skimming a little bit of money from the top of her regular earnings. And she was only a couple of steps ahead of both them and whatever debt-collection services her family had originally dealt with, when she finally quit her home state and struck out on her own. 

Attributes
Str: 6 (-1)
Dex: 13 (+0)
Cha: 16 (+1)

Saving Throws
Mental Effect: 12
Evasion: 16

Class Ability/ies:
Folie a Deux

Skills:
Culture(America)/0, Culture(Criminal)/1, Gambling/0, Perception/1, Persuade/0, Stealth/0

Languages:
French
English

Weapon(s):
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2, Slaughter: 0, Ammo: N/A

Gear:
Inexpensive but well-maintained clothing

Personal Effects:
Archaic but expensive dress
Well heeled shoes
Makeup kit
Card/Dice etc.
Numerous fake IDs

First Draft, but is this at least heading in the right direction?

O&O's

helvorn

I love our two new ladies.

The GM has been very good about taking plot hooks from our backgrounds and applying to the game so the more kinky stuff the better!

Jezabelle

Quote from: Ampere on September 14, 2018, 05:22:12 AM
This is what I've gotten so far
Name: Melissa Delacroix
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-sexual bodily fluids, Mutilation
Physical Description: tall and wan, redhead with unusually sharp green eyes and an elegant, though not necessarily up to date, sense of style.
Personal History:
Born and raised in Louisiana, Melissa fully expected to continue the long family tradition of displacing her parents from their large and well-appointed mansion and making full use of their inheritance, while they languished in the guest house. It came as a terrible blow when she discovered that, not only had the Delacroix fortune been frittered away, but it had, in fact been replaced by a significant debt. Of course, had her parent's taken out a loan with some reputable bank, it might have been possible for Melissa to negotiate some new terms. Sadly, the Delacroix's had chosen another, less conventional lender.

Melissa isn't exactly sure what having ones soul in hock entails and she is quite eager to never learn. But, for a young woman with little in the way of practical skills, there were only a limited number of ways in which she might recoup the family's losses. Fortunately for her, Melissa was almost as good at reading cards as she was reading people. And, she had no difficulty becoming first a hostess and then a dealer on one of the many riverboat casinos.

The made gentlemen for whom she actually worked took a very dim view, however, when it became clear she was skimming a little bit of money from the top of her regular earnings. And she was only a couple of steps ahead of both them and whatever debt-collection services her family had originally dealt with, when she finally quit her home state and struck out on her own. 

Attributes
Str: 6 (-1)
Dex: 13 (+0)
Cha: 16 (+1)

Saving Throws
Mental Effect: 12
Evasion: 16

Class Ability/ies:
Folie a Deux

Skills:
Culture(America)/0, Culture(Criminal)/1, Gambling/0, Perception/1, Persuade/0, Stealth/0

Languages:
French
English

Weapon(s):
Unarmed,
+Hit: 0, Dmg: 1d2, Slaughter: 0, Ammo: N/A

Gear:
Inexpensive but well-maintained clothing

Personal Effects:
Archaic but expensive dress
Well heeled shoes
Makeup kit
Card/Dice etc.
Numerous fake IDs

First Draft, but is this at least heading in the right direction?

I think it's looking good, one thing though: most have a somewhat limited experience with the paranormal going in, even if they're literal Occult researchers.  Being Occult adjacent is fine, but the bit about her parents having sold her soul (?) could be the case but she'd probably have to be ignorant of it, unless that was meant metaphorically.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 14, 2018, 04:16:01 AM
WIP - some ideas and bullet points, checking in to see how compatible and interesting these are. Happy to receive feedback, input or ideas for tie-ins.

Not sure if I'm making her too much of a weirdness magnet here, but since I'm just throwing out some ideas for her right now, I can easily tone that down. How does that sound so far?

Name:  Amber Juliet Sorkin
Tentacles - YES, always. Barring particularly gruesome varieties, she'll be way too into it for her own good.
Hypno - YES, always. She'll try to resist, but will inevitably melt into it. That's how she gained some of her weirder fetishes in the first place.
Non-Con - Yes.
Enslavement - Yes.
BDSM - Yes.
Critters, Monsters, etc. - Yes. Bring the weird Lovecraftian things. While I don't enjoy furry aesthetics, traditional monster types when presented as such (including bestial werewolves, minotaurs, etc.) are fine.

No-go territory is the usual hard limits - gore, vore, bathroom stuff.

WIP Bulletpoint Ideas:
-) somewhere between 26 and 28
-) Born in the lap of upper middle class privilege. Mother a model, father a psychiatrist. Grew up fairly sheltered from ordinary problems and maintains an upbeat attitude and basic trust in the decency of people.
-) comfortable with modern technology, but has never developed an affinity for it.
-) Was witness to a number of occult things as a child that she doesn't remember. Her father is involved with various shady occult types for his research and sent Amber away when her growing curiosity started to become dangerous.
-) Was sent to an all-girls school. Developed an interest in strange novels and was drawn into a case of serial murders there. She is missing a few days of memory, but after that, everything was fine again and no more murders, so all's well that ends well!
-) Became more and more of a mystery fanatic. To the disappointment of her parents, decided to major in ancient history.
-) Was seeing a therapist awhile back because of recurring nightmares who was  recommended by her father. He was actually a lewd version of a Blistered Priest. He helped her 'come to terms' with her weirder fantasies (read: imbued her with new fetishes for lovecraftian lewdness and strengthened existing ones), but something felt off after awhile since her dreams became worse instead and so she stopped visiting him.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what a Blistered Priest is in the first place but I think that I get the jist, as an aside Silent Legions campaigns all have a custom mythos so while this is certainly Lovecraftian it's not literally the Lovecraft Mythos.  Seems to work well, I can def work in the childhood stuff she has forgotten.

VonDoom

Ah, sorry, Blistered Priests were described in that review, so I thought they were a Silent Legions staple.

This is what I was looking at:
http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/doresh/silent-legions/

O&O

Jezabelle

Quote from: VonDoom on September 15, 2018, 02:07:50 AM
Ah, sorry, Blistered Priests were described in that review, so I thought they were a Silent Legions staple.

This is what I was looking at:
http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/doresh/silent-legions/

Ah OK; yeah there's a "generic bestiary" you're meant to fluff yourself, a roll-your-own-freak workshop, and some pre/done examples for stuff like that.  I certainly take your meaning though, and that makes for a powerful backstory.

Ampere

Quote from: Jezabelle on September 15, 2018, 12:56:40 AM
I think it's looking good, one thing though: most have a somewhat limited experience with the paranormal going in, even if they're literal Occult researchers.  Being Occult adjacent is fine, but the bit about her parents having sold her soul (?) could be the case but she'd probably have to be ignorant of it, unless that was meant metaphorically.

Thanks, my plan was that she means it metaphorically - but whether the debt is monetary or 'other', it was to owed to unsavoury folk in bayou and a bit of hyperbole never hurt anyone.

O&O's

Jezabelle

An OK!  I thought you might mean that but it's always best to get a full picture.

I think she'd make a lovely addition, for sure.  I'm happy to help with any/everything, though I am literally in bed typing this so expect a 12ish your delay.

Arcanist

GunmetalDreamer

A little late, but I'd like to make a submission!

Name: Ada Chen

Sexuality (IC): Bisexual, mild preference towards hetero.

Tentacles - Brush, phallic, suction, gripper, stinger ... yeah, I'm down for pretty much everything here.
Hypno - Not a lot of practical experience, but I've been trying it out lately.  Sure.
Non-Con - Well, you can't rape the willing, but you're welcome to try.
Enslavement - I'm good with this.  Given the themeing I can soften up on my usual ban against branding/tattooing etc.
BDSM - Mmn.  Yes.
Critters, Monsters, Etc. - Sure, bring on the wierd incomprehensible Things.

Honestly, I tend to be a little more forgiving with my Offs in horror scenarios, a bit of discomfort can be atmospheric.  My only hard "No"'s are already on your Off list.

Physical Description:  Ada is a slender young woman who stands 5'4" tall with her short black hair swept to one side.  Her complexion is on the pale side, and her dark eyes are dull and flat.  She can usually be found wearing a cheap, but well cared for, pantsuit with thin leather gloves.  Her most common accessory is a small notebook that she regularly keeps notes in so that she can review crucial facts later, though she can also commonly be found chewing on a toothpick or piece of chewing gum.

Personal History:  Like so many stories, Ada's is marked with blood.  When she was six, her pregnant mother was kidnapped, with no ransom demand ever delivered.  It was three months before her body was found in the basement of a foreclosed home, with ritualistic scars cut and burned into her body.  There was no sign of Ada's unnamed sister, and the police never found the people responsible.  Just one more unsolved murder in Emerald City, buried in the press to avoid the possibility of inspiring copycats, that left a broken family in its wake.

It's tough growing up when you don't trust society to keep you safe.  Smiling strangers seem like potential murderers.  Cops are failed guardians.  Friends hurt too much, each one seeming like a wound waiting to be torn open.  With time, you can bury the pain, learn to blend in with the crowd, but you never forget the hurt.  You're always watching others, on the outside, waiting for that inevitable betrayle.

Still, you need to build a place for yourself in the world.

So it is that Ada Chen  and her wary eye went into business for herself.  Starting a Private Investigation agency, Ada has had some middling success working for insurance companies and chasing after adulterous spouses.  Her real passion, however, is the "wierd" cases, things that remind her of her mother.

Class:  Tough
HP: 4 / 4
AC:  6

Expertise: 2 / 2

Attributes
Con: 18 (+2)
Int: 4 (-1)
Wis: 9 (+0)

Saving Throws
Physical Effect:  12
Mental Effect:  16
Evasion:  14
Magic:  15
Luck:  13

Madness:  0 / 100
Wealth:  Struggling

Class Ability/ies:
Ravenous for Life:  At 1st Level, the Tough is able to automatically stabilize when reduced to zero hit points, allowing them to survive an otherwise mortal wound without medical attention.

Skills:
Athletics +0
Combat (Projectile) +0
Culture (America) +0
Law +0
Perception +0
Persuasion +0
Security +0
Stealth +1

Weapon(s):

Colt M1911,
+Hit: 2, Dmg 1d6+1:, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo:  12 (+ 2 Spare Mags)

Gear:
Armored Undersuit (readied)
Colt M1911 (readied)
Spare Magazine (readied)
Spare Magazine (readied)
Old Smartphone (readied)
Pocket Notebook & Pen (readied)
Lockpicks (readied)
Digital Camera w/ Telescopic Lens (stowed)
First Aid Kit (stowed)
Flashlight (stowed)
Handheld Blacklight (stowed)

Personal Effects:
Pack of Nicotine Gum
Book of Matches from The Inferno club with a phone number scrawled on the inside flap.

Disciplines & Spells:

Deliriums:

Ampere

Thank you, I've been reading along with the story so far, just let me know if/when it's sensible to join you.

O&O's

Jezabelle

Quote from: Ampere on September 18, 2018, 04:58:18 AM
Thank you, I've been reading along with the story so far, just let me know if/when it's sensible to join you.

I think your character could've been independently drawn to it, I'll work on organizing more details for you when next I wake.

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on September 18, 2018, 04:29:48 AM
A little late, but I'd like to make a submission!

Name: Ada Chen

Sexuality (IC): Bisexual, mild preference towards hetero.

Tentacles - Brush, phallic, suction, gripper, stinger ... yeah, I'm down for pretty much everything here.
Hypno - Not a lot of practical experience, but I've been trying it out lately.  Sure.
Non-Con - Well, you can't rape the willing, but you're welcome to try.
Enslavement - I'm good with this.  Given the themeing I can soften up on my usual ban against branding/tattooing etc.
BDSM - Mmn.  Yes.
Critters, Monsters, Etc. - Sure, bring on the wierd incomprehensible Things.

Honestly, I tend to be a little more forgiving with my Offs in horror scenarios, a bit of discomfort can be atmospheric.  My only hard "No"'s are already on your Off list.

Physical Description:  Ada is a slender young woman who stands 5'4" tall with her short black hair swept to one side.  Her complexion is on the pale side, and her dark eyes are dull and flat.  She can usually be found wearing a cheap, but well cared for, pantsuit with thin leather gloves.  Her most common accessory is a small notebook that she regularly keeps notes in so that she can review crucial facts later, though she can also commonly be found chewing on a toothpick or piece of chewing gum.

Personal History:  Like so many stories, Ada's is marked with blood.  When she was six, her pregnant mother was kidnapped, with no ransom ever delivered.  It was three months before her body was found in the basement of a foreclosed home, with ritualistic scars cut and burned into her body.  There was no sign of Ada's unnamed sister, and the police never found the people responsible.  Just one more unsolved murder in Emerald City, buried in the press to avoid the possibility of inspiring copycats, that left a broken family in its wake.

It's tough growing up when you don't trust society to keep you safe.  Smiling strangers seem like potential murderers.  Cops are failed guardians.  Friends hurt too much, each one seeming like a wound waiting to be torn open.  With time, you can bury the hurt, learn to blend in with the crowd, but you never forget the hurt.  You're always watching others, on the outside, waiting for that inevitable betrayle.

Still, you need to build a place for yourself in the world.

So it is that Ada Chen  and her wary eye went into business for herself.  Starting a Private Investigation agency, Ada has had some middling success working for insurance companies and chasing after adulterous spouses.  Her real passion, however, is the "wierd" cases, things that remind her of her mother.

Class:  Tough
HP: 4 / 4
AC:  6

Expertise: 2 / 2

Attributes
Con: 18 (+2)
Int: 4 (-1)
Wis: 9 (+0)

Saving Throws
Physical Effect:  12
Mental Effect:  16
Evasion:  14
Magic:  15
Luck:  13

Madness:  0 / 100
Wealth:  Struggling

Class Ability/ies:
Ravenous for Life:  At 1st Level, the Tough is able to automatically stabilize when reduced to zero hit points, allowing them to survive an otherwise mortal wound without medical attention.

Skills:
Athletics +0
Combat (Projectile) +0
Culture (America) +0
Law +0
Perception +0
Persuasion +0
Security +0
Stealth +1

Weapon(s):

Colt M1911,
+Hit: 2, Dmg 1d6+1:, Slaughter: 1d6, Ammo:  12 (+ 2 Spare Mags)

Gear:
Armored Undersuit (readied)
Colt M1911 (readied)
Spare Magazine (readied)
Spare Magazine (readied)
Old Smartphone (readied)
Pocket Notebook & Pen (readied)
Lockpicks (readied)
Digital Camera w/ Telescopic Lens (stowed)
First Aid Kit (stowed)
Flashlight (stowed)
Handheld Blacklight (stowed)

Personal Effects:
Pack of Nicotine Gum
Book of Matches from The Inferno club with a phone number scrawled on the inside flap.

Disciplines & Spells:

Deliriums:

Oooh, a nice hook--I think all is in order.

I will be PMing all three of the new apps over the next couple of days about potential entrances to the story, I'll try to arrange them as swiftly as plausible.

helvorn