You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 26, 2020, 11:29:12 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Thank you!
What are you grateful for today?

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Tale of a Queen, a Rose, and a Ring [M seeking F][Fantasy][Romance]  (Read 529 times)

Online Moon Hound HatiTopic starter

I've been quite in love with the picture below and want to weave a lovely tale around it. The idea below is not something set in stone by any means, so I am completely open to discussion. I love bouncing ideas back and forth, as it's a big part of the creative writing process. This tale can be either high or low fantasy, be focused on just romance primarily or have a good mix of action and political intrigue, or perhaps even dip into a slice of life scenario as a former queen and knight seek out new (job) opportunities in a country attempting to recover from a near financial ruin. The possibilities are neigh endless!

If you are interested in working something out with me, feel free to check my Ons and Offs section on my profile. I have to completely revamp O/O thread at some point, but for now, this will have to do.

Oh, and please do not post in this thread. Send me a PM instead. Thank you!

This is a tale set at the end of an age of bloodshed and suffering. Generations of war have left the kingdom at the edge of economic destruction and the people are calling for a young queen to renounce her throne and legacy. Having known nothing but her duties to the throne and the people, the young queen is left at an impasse, wanting to obey their wishes but not knowing what to do with her life thereafter. At the eve of the deadline, she meets her most trusted friend, her knight commander and a celebrated hero in the war. In the snow-covered courtyard, he surprises her with a challenge to a duel. Win or lose; he would only explain himself to her afterward.

At his insistence, she accepts, and what follows is a storm of swords, a dance of blades wielded with expert practice by both. In the end, however, even a talented swordswoman trained by the best money can hire could not hope to defeat a man who survived the odds time and again on the battlefield, her greatest knight.

Her sword shattered and her crown pierced by his, the queen is left speechless as the hero hands her a rose and a ring. Speaking in a way that is almost uncharacteristically soft and tender for long-time friend, he proclaims his love for her and asks for her hand. Informing her that he will await her answer, he walks away, leaving the queen with the rose, the ring, and her thoughts...

He loved her. Perhaps he had always loved her, but she simply never saw it, blinded by her duties to the throne. But, in a few hours, she would no longer have those duties nor the throne. Now she must think and decide. Did she love him as he did her? Was he her new dawn after the last dusk had fallen upon the kingdom?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:02:45 PM by Moon Hound Hati »