You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 21, 2018, 07:52:35 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Stan Lee  (Read 401 times)

Offline SidheLadyTopic starter

Stan Lee
« on: June 14, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »
Okay, I saw this, and (whatever you might think of the youtuber reporting this) this...this is making me very sad and almost brought me to tears. My dad (as some of you may know) has early onset alzhimers, and knowing how it can affect, it truely hits hard how it can affect people and seeing how a man who has brough so much joy and happiness to people...it makes me sad

Offline Lilias

• La Que Sabe ~ Shamaniac ~ MelinoĆ« ~ The Unforgiving
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Overkill is just the right amount of kill.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Stan Lee
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:11:32 AM »
Dementia of any kind is an ugly way to go, and it's going to get more common as life expectancy rises.

We're big Terry Pratchett fans in this family, and we were heartbroken when he was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's. And although, in his case, his mind remained lucid (if not quite as sharp as before) to the end and allowed him to write a few more books while his body declined, 8 years post-diagnosis were not nearly enough and we grieved like we would have for one of our own.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:44:49 PM »
While this is tragic, I don't think there's anything controversial about seeing Mr. Morgan hopefully get the book thrown through him.

Hmm.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 12:19:38 AM »
If Stan has dementia (and so far, the only places I've seen that speculation are places like the Daily Mail and similar tabloid journals.  I really searched, too.) - it isn't 'early onset' by any stretch.  The man is 95+, and I'm pretty sure my great-grandmother (who lived into her 100's) was a bit on the fuzzy side at the end.  Morgan, on the other hand, does seem to be the bottom-feeding type that would engage in elder abuse.

Offline SidheLadyTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 05:39:31 PM »
Oh I didn't say it was early onset with Stan, my dad however, was in his 40's.

Online Lustful Bride

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »
So Stan has now dropped his lawsuit against POW entertainment.

This whole mess is just...weird.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
When did he film his cameo for Ant-Man and the Wasp? I'm just wondering what the difference in his condition is between then and this moment.

Online Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 05:37:16 AM »
I know Stan Lee had some issues with his home healthcare nurses to the point nurses and aides from one company refused to visit him.  So this has probably been going on for some time.