The Demon King (F for Dom M character, writer gender don't matter)

Started by LamentingQuill, May 19, 2018, 11:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Oh... hello there... did you get lost in the storm? Please, please come in and warm yourself by the fire, I'm sure the blizzard will die down soon enough...

In the mean time, let me tell you a fascinating story to pass some time... a story of forbidden love... and tragedy...

Once upon a time, there lived a
king of demons
... he was a magnificent specimen, he was tall, strong, proud and virile... revered and respectfully feared by his subjects of the united demon clans... his name was Lord <Insert name of choice here>...

Lord <Insert name of choice here> was looked up with such reverence and fear for good reason... it was he whom encouraged and inspired the once broken and divided clans of demons to unite under a single banner and build together a realm for themselves that they could be proud and happy to call their home... when enemies of the demon clan attempted to thwart their happiness, Lord <Insert name of choice here> paved the way to victory with his strength and strategic brilliance... there was no question in anyone's mind that he was the one and only true king of demons.

There is one thing however, that ever a strong and prideful king of demons is no match for.... love...

How did the great Lord <Insert name of choice here>, king of the united clans of demons submit to the allure of love?

Quill chuckles and picks up the poker to prod at the fireplace a bit before returning her attention the listener of her tale...

Well, it happened like this... you see, rumors were spreading across the land about a beautiful young
human princess
with the magical ability to heal even the most serious of wounds... they said she had the blood of a goddess flowing through her...

Lord <Insert name of choice here> became very curious about these rumors and the princess at the center of them all... he wanted to meet this princess and see how much of the rumors were actually true...

So what did Lord <Insert name of choice here> do? 

Quill grins mischievously...

One evening after the sun had set and blanketed the land in darkness, Lord <Insert name of choice here> decided to sneak over the borders of the demon clan's lands and into the human territories... his skills being as unmatched as they were provided him with all he needed to move stealthily across the land the specific castle that was his destination...

It took him a little time, but as he expertly scaled the castle walls, he did manage to find the bedchamber of the princess... he was not prepared for what he found...

As he entered the moonlight kissed chamber from the balcony, he walked towards the bed and as he leaned over to see the individual sleeping there... she abruptly rolled over, aqua green eyes wide open as she pressed the curved blade of a dagger to his throat... the sharpness of the blade pressing so close making a superficial cut upon his skin... though it was more of a scratch a warrior accustomed to much worse...

“Who are you?!” The princess demanded, her voice firm and strong despite the way her body trembled “What do you want?!”

Lord <Insert name of choice here> stared in shock into the face of the princess... he had never expected she would be this beautiful, with eyes like the tropical sea and hair that looked as it was spun from the golden rays of the morning sun... and what feisty fire burned within her gaze...

She was simply exquisite... the demon king was well and thoroughly uncertain what to do next... he opened and closed his mouth several times as he tried to find the right words... it was simply just ridiculous... he? The king of demons, stunned to speechlessness by a human woman?

“I... I...” Lord <Insert name of choice here> stammered, actually blushing for the first time in his entire life , but the demon king cleared his throat and fought to pull himself together “I am Lord <Insert name of choice here> of the united demon clans. I mean you no harm, princess... I just wanted to meet you is all, I heard the amazing stories about you and... I just wanted to see for myself if it was true...”

“You stole into my bedchamber in the dead of night to investigate whether or not I actually had a magic ability to heal people? Are you serious right now?!” The princess exclaimed, pressing a little harder with the dagger in her outrage “Do you expect me to believe that?!”

“It is the truth...” Lord <Insert name of choice here> replied insistently, raising his hands for her see that he truly had no intentions to harm her “Show me... heal the cut on my neck and I promise you, I will go...”

The princess was quiet for a moment or two as she closely studied the demon king's face... he was handsome, if one could look past the horns anyway... his flesh was bronzed and his body built as one might envision the perfect warrior to be, his hair was long and ruby red, his eyes were green and luminous like peridot jewels...

She hesitated only a moment more before she responded “I... you promise? If I ask you to, you will leave and never return?”

“I swear it” Lord <Insert name of choice here> replied “You have my solemn oath as the demon king”

The princess healed the minor injury her dagger had inflicted upon the king and the two of them wound up spending the entire evening talking, learning about one another... they became friends, the human princess and the king of demons...

Many nights over the next couple of months, the king returned as often as he could whenever and wherever possible to spend time with the princess... they bond steadily growing... until one day, they shared a confession of love with one another... leading up to the princess running away with her beloved to his lands to rule beside him as his queen.

Quill arches a brow at her listener “Where is the tragedy you ask? Yes, I agree it does sound like quite the happy love story so far, but... unfortunately... some joys are very short lived... let us continue the tale...”

There was one whom felt not only angry at the absence of the princess... but cheated as well... the sorcerer king of the kingdom next door to the kingdom the princess had come from, he had been promised the princess's hand in marriage in exchange for his powerful sorcery to aid the princess's father in his lofty ambitious goals...

The sorcerer king used his great and powerful magics to steal the demon king's beloved away from him, locking her away inside his towering onyx castle...

Lord <Insert name of choice here> immediately set forth with his very best warriors to rescue his wife, they managed to break into the sorcerer king's castle and cornered him at the tallest tower of the castle, where he was holding the demon king's love hostage...

A great clash broke out between the demon king and the sorcerer king... but the sorcerer king... he was never one to play fair and given the way things were looking in the demon king's favor... well, if he could not have the princess, then neither would the demon king...

In fact... why not make the demon king suffer for the rest of eternity with the same stone...

The sorcerer king waited until the very last moment and just as Lord <Insert name of choice here> was about to deliver a killing blow to the sorcerer king, the scoundrel cast a spell to place the princess directly in front of him... causing the demon king's sword to pierce right on through the both of them before he could stop it...

The sorcerer king laughed as blood filled his lungs, watching with hazy eyes as the demon king roared out in horror as he cradled his dying wife in his arms... as the sorcerer king gurgled out his last breath and the light was snuffed out like a candle flame from the eyes of his love... the demon king's wails of agony and grief could be heard all throughout the tower...

The demon king returned to his lands and put his beloved to rest... but his heart... there was a hollow cold cavity where his heart had once been, a heart that beat only for his love... he was never the same again...

At least... not for many centuries...

Quill looks up towards the window “Oh... look... the snow has lightened up considerably, did you wish to be on your way then?”

A smile curves Quill's mouth “You wish to now more, you say? Well... I think that can be arranged...”

Okay! Thank you for reading all that, it was kind of a fun way to introduce my idea... so here is the thing, the princess will have been reborn in the modern era and the demon king I imagine would be posing a wealthy powerful human of whatever job or position you'd like... but he winds up finding the reincarnation of his beloved wife...

Let me know if this interests you! :D