Chris Crocker - Mind In the Gutter

Started by Trieste, January 24, 2009, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Someone sent the link to this user to me, and wowza. I don't know who this guy is, on YouTube, but the user himself (herself?) makes mind-blowing videos. Maeven will love them because they're mostly Britney Spears, but even if you don't like Britney Spears, you can still (if you know what you're looking for) appreciate the technical prowess that goes into these videos. If you've ever made a video (or tried), you have an idea ... if you're a regular video-crafter, you have a better idea. If you're mostly a static-image manipulator like me, then you may have less of idea.

Either way, this is an excellent song, and Chris Crocker amuses, and I figure people who wouldn't normally watch a Britney video will watch a song called "Mind in the Gutter".

[youtube=450,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR53vYEDncc[/youtube]

Marguerite

I enjoyed when he did his spiel on: Leave Britney Alone!
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Maeven

Quote from: Trieste on January 24, 2009, 05:33:33 PM
...people who wouldn't normally watch a Britney video will watch a song called "Mind in the Gutter".

Watching Britney Spears videos is like masturbating. Everyone does it, but most are afraid to admit it. 

*hairflip*

With that out of the way,thanks for posting that, I'll have to look him up on YouTube (when the freakin' hamsters running my *&%$^&* router get up off their asses and get back to work).  Like Marguerite said... I'd seen his "Leave Britney Alone" thing though.

It's actually kinda scary how pretty he is in some of those scenes...

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Trieste

I don't know for sure (I haven't seen much more of Chris Crocker than the Britney video, myself, and watching that one was like watching a train wreck) but I suspect he is a Britney impersonator and either a professional drag queen or an aspiring one. Honey, there isn't a woman alive that can do makeup and wardrobe like a professional transvestite. I would kill to have their skills with hair, nails, makeup, and clothing.

I personally thought he was saying "I got you reaching for those boyparts" before I looked up the lyrics, which amused the living hell out of me.

Caeli

Hmmm... pretty nice, with the video effects. :) I've done similar, actually, and though it takes some learning, it's not overly difficult once you got the techniques down, and the eye for timing.

I have to appreciate his ability to body roll, though. I can't do it that well, so as a dancer, I definitely appreciate that. xDDD

It was funny. *giggles* I had a good chuckle. thanks for posting this!
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Mindhazingsquid

Chris Crocker reminds me of John Leguizamo.  They both make very pretty women and pretty convincing women too.
If I didn't know 'To Wong Foo' was about drag queens I would have sworn he WAS a girl.
Thanks for sharing.

Marguerite

Oh my god, To Wong Foo is what made me a drag hag to honor and support the lovely drag queens. Those women are fierce!

-Laughs-
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Trieste

<3 To Wong Foo.

Chris Crocker's song is, essentially, a Britney Spears song sung by a guy. So it's good, within limits, and pretty damn dancable.

No, really. Listen to it - you can picture Britney singing the exact same thing. With the same distortions. And everything.

Maeven

*listens again*

'Cause she needs it tonight.

<3 <3 <3
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

SakiaWarner

Quote from: Trieste on January 26, 2009, 10:32:59 PM
<3 To Wong Foo.

Chris Crocker's song is, essentially, a Britney Spears song sung by a guy. So it's good, within limits, and pretty damn dancable.

No, really. Listen to it - you can picture Britney singing the exact same thing. With the same distortions. And everything.

I am a closet Britney fan.. I admit it. I love the songs.

Whether the girl is talented or just has good production people ain't my concern. I like to dance and I like the songs.

Chris Crocker...wow.

He's a prettier girl than I am.. doncha just hate drag queens!?!

Thanks for posting this Trie!
"When you suffice a need, you take that singular thing under your control...even for a little while, it's yours." You want it, you need it, you HAVE it, you CONTROL it. It's yours..."