You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2018, 02:08:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Avalon's Search for a Myriad of Systems  (Read 208 times)

Offline Avalon29Topic starter

Avalon's Search for a Myriad of Systems
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:48:32 AM »
Hey there! Thank you taking a peek at this. The purpose of this is to see if I can find GMs or players for solo or group games using slightly less common systems on E. Hopefully there are others out there interested in these systems as well.

Biggest Cravings: Feng Shui 2,  Heroines of the First Age, Spire RPG

7th sea 2nd edition
A fiction first system about swashbuckling with magic, monsters, pirates, and duels. A fun setting and time period to have an rp in. I have the core book plus a few of the supplements. Should get the rest of the books soon as I backed 7th sea Khitai.

Anarchy
Shadowrun with a lighter and less crunchy system but still enough to have characters specialize and be unique.

Anima Beyond Fantasy
A dark fantasy setting that’s taken some inspiration form Final Fantasy. It has an interesting setting and lore as well as being a bit crunchier then the other systems listed here with a lot of different possibilities for characters.

Feng Shui 2
A system meant to help emulate the Hong Kong action movies. Players take on the role of time traveling warriors based on action move archetypes with guns, kung-fu, magic, and tech of all kinds. The main settings in question being Present day Hong Kong, Ancient 690 A.D China, 19th century China, and a wasteland like future with mutants, weird tech, and a simian army. Also has the benefit of a minimal 99 cent investment for players who don’t have the book to access the rules and character creation things.

Heroines of the First Age
A Powered by  Apocolypse game about monster girls in a fantasy setting. Simple rules with some interesting setting tidbits and enemies. The genesis step where players and GMs create the world can also lead to some diverse environments, would love to see a game about monster girls in a bronze age setting. Has the benefit of all the stuff a player needs being free online.

Legends of the Elements
Essentially a Powered By Apocalypse  system version of Avatar the Last Airbender, always a fun concept to play with and the rules are simple enough that it’s quite easy to pick.

Spire
Drow resistance cell trying to retake their capital city from the high elf conquerors and oppressors in an urban fantasy punk setting. Filled with strange magic, espionage, back alley deals and political maneuverings the Spire is a fascinating setting. Going to try running this but I would also love to be a player in a game as well.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
Re: Avalon's Search for a Myriad of Systems
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
  I hope I'm not overstepping, I'd just like to second the request for someone to run Anima: Beyond Fantasy. 

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »
Don’t worry. You’re not overstepping at all. Trying to find interest for any of these games. Hopefully if people interested in playing express interest we’ll attract a GM as well.

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 05:50:43 PM »
7th Sea crops up now and then, and I'm fairly sure I saw someone talking about Spire recently, though I don't think I've seen any game ads for it. Feng Shui is a lot of fun, though I haven't given 2nd ed a try.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »
Ah that was me talking about the Spire. I tried to run it a few weeks ago but didn't get enough players sadly. I'm going to give it another go once a month passes after my last post there.

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
Nobody who knows me, even if only from E., would be surprised to hear that Feng Shui 2 and Legend of the Elements are the options I like the most, in that order 8-)!