You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 13, 2019, 09:33:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest check: My hero Academia-esque world RP  (Read 501 times)

Offline SilkTopic starter

Interest check: My hero Academia-esque world RP
« on: March 11, 2018, 06:21:44 AM »
While I am still working out the details of a world regarding this in my head, I thought I would gauge interest to see if it would even be worth taking the concept further. So without further a do...

The power of popularity (Wip title, suggestions welcome)
[/b][/color][/size]

Working on the notion of My hero Academia where a vast majority of people in the world has a kind of heroic gift. Leading to a great change in the dynamic of the world, however unlike in My hero Academia, the natural gifts of the people are always pretty minor. (Think things like levitating small objects or enhanced but not super strength/speed) So the extent of the natural power in the poplace is relatively self regulating as nobody truly had the capacity to really threaten the world dynamic.

That is, until a shocking new trend was found... In the last twenty years or so, it's been found that the belief/popularity of the individual had a supplementary effect on peoples powers, and even allowed them to gain new powers outright that would've been considered impossible by regular standards. Peoples belief in the individual, made them stronger. This shocking revelation lead to a huge boom in the entertainment industry as people who attempted to improve their powers, now had to make a show and become popular with the people in order to gain this new means of improving their strength.

However this belief didn't have to be benevolent in nature, if a master criminal was on a rampage, the collective unconsciousness would also supplement their power also. Leading to an almost showman style of villainy where the more grandiose the scheme, the more power the criminal could harvest.

This has lead uniquely to a world where the entertainment industry has now gained the most power of any individual field. In order to become stronger, one must also become more popular, and to lose that popularity would be to lose that power. Security firms now also worked as talent agencies promoting their stars to further their on careers, and by extention their own popularity's.

This is largely what I've got in concept at the moment, I'm open to suggestions and criticism also, but I'm mostly curious if people would be interested in this idea where super powers were inherently tied to the belief that the world had in the individual.

Offline SilkTopic starter

Re: Interest check: My hero Academia-esque world RP
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »
Guess there is going to be no interest in this concept. Oh well might try another time.