Unfollow thread? And only show new pms?

Started by Time2rp, March 07, 2018, 01:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Time2rp

How do I unfollow a thread? I posted in a silly thread a bit back and I wanna stop seeing it every time I go to "show new replies to your post".


I was also wondering if, you know that bit about the shout box that says "you have x messages, y are new" ? I was wondering if there was any setting where I could get that to only show up if I have a new message? Idk, it's just a bit odd to me for it to tell me how many READ messages I have. It's not a huge deal it's just for some reason vaguely anxiety-inducing.
Link to my list of kinks is in my on/offs!

Ariel

There’s no way to unsubscribe from a thread you either have made or posted in. Luckily, since you made the thread, I can easily lock it for you so you won’t receive replies anymore. Just post the link or PM me.

There is no way to disable the message bar at the top, as far as I am aware.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Time2rp

Quote from: Ariel on March 07, 2018, 01:50:17 AM
There’s no way to unsubscribe from a thread you either have made or posted in. Luckily, since you made the thread, I can easily lock it for you so you won’t receive replies anymore. Just post the link or PM me.

There is no way to disable the message bar at the top, as far as I am aware.


No, it's not my thread
Link to my list of kinks is in my on/offs!

Ariel

Ahh, I misread. Unfortunately, then, there’s nothing you can do besides delete your post from that thread. Unless you posted many times, which in that case, you’ll just have to overlook it :-\
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Oniya

Many people use the 'Add Bookmark' at the bottom of a thread when they want to 'proactively' follow it.  You can then us the 'My Bookmarks' link (fourth from the end, right under the site's tabs) to check the status of those particular threads, which you can 'un-bookmark' any time you want.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

persephone325

Something that might be helpful to you, is Ssieth's Greasemonkey script for Elliquiy. It adds a bunch of features like Bookmark tagging, quick topics, usergroups, etc. There's also an option for users to "Ignore Replies" for a thread. It will still pop up when you check your unread replies, but it doesn't register in the little notification beside the link.

For example: if you had 5 unread posts, but had one topic set to "Ignore" then it would only read as 4 unread posts. If that makes sense?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Time2rp

Quote from: persephone325 on March 07, 2018, 03:16:40 AM
Something that might be helpful to you, is Ssieth's Greasemonkey script for Elliquiy. It adds a bunch of features like Bookmark tagging, quick topics, usergroups, etc. There's also an option for users to "Ignore Replies" for a thread. It will still pop up when you check your unread replies, but it doesn't register in the little notification beside the link.

For example: if you had 5 unread posts, but had one topic set to "Ignore" then it would only read as 4 unread posts. If that makes sense?


I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever on desktop! I don't think that would work on mobile tho, which I'm on most. Thanks though!
Link to my list of kinks is in my on/offs!

persephone325

Quote from: Time2rp on March 07, 2018, 03:19:13 AM

I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever on desktop! I don't think that would work on mobile tho, which I'm on most. Thanks though!

Yeah, there's no mobile script unfortunately. :-(

But I'm happy to have helped! ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Nymphadora

#8
Quote from: persephone325 on March 07, 2018, 03:16:40 AM
Something that might be helpful to you, is Ssieth's Greasemonkey script for Elliquiy. It adds a bunch of features like Bookmark tagging, quick topics, usergroups, etc. There's also an option for users to "Ignore Replies" for a thread. It will still pop up when you check your unread replies, but it doesn't register in the little notification beside the link.

For example: if you had 5 unread posts, but had one topic set to "Ignore" then it would only read as 4 unread posts. If that makes sense?

Oh Persephone!! Thank you for mentioning this I never realised!!!!!

Edit:  LOVE IT! I can't believe I missed that fantastic function!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Status: Enjoying myself
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

persephone325

Quote from: Nymphadora on March 07, 2018, 06:23:22 AM
Oh Persephone!! Thank you for mentioning this I never realised!!!!!

Edit:  LOVE IT! I can't believe I missed that fantastic function!

lol You're welcome, too! ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."