You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 25, 2021, 08:01:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

"We are adopting policies regarding misinformation and fascism."
Please Read, and stay safe.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Unfollow thread? And only show new pms?  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Time2rpTopic starter

Unfollow thread? And only show new pms?
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:29:58 AM »
How do I unfollow a thread? I posted in a silly thread a bit back and I wanna stop seeing it every time I go to "show new replies to your post".

I was also wondering if, you know that bit about the shout box that says "you have x messages, y are new" ? I was wondering if there was any setting where I could get that to only show up if I have a new message? Idk, it's just a bit odd to me for it to tell me how many READ messages I have. It's not a huge deal it's just for some reason vaguely anxiety-inducing.

Offline Ariel

Re: Unfollow thread? And only show new pms?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:17 AM »
There’s no way to unsubscribe from a thread you either have made or posted in. Luckily, since you made the thread, I can easily lock it for you so you won’t receive replies anymore. Just post the link or PM me.

There is no way to disable the message bar at the top, as far as I am aware.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 01:56:06 AM »
There’s no way to unsubscribe from a thread you either have made or posted in. Luckily, since you made the thread, I can easily lock it for you so you won’t receive replies anymore. Just post the link or PM me.

There is no way to disable the message bar at the top, as far as I am aware.

No, it's not my thread

Offline Ariel

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 02:06:38 AM »
Ahh, I misread. Unfortunately, then, there’s nothing you can do besides delete your post from that thread. Unless you posted many times, which in that case, you’ll just have to overlook it :-\

Online Oniya

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 02:50:49 AM »
Many people use the 'Add Bookmark' at the bottom of a thread when they want to 'proactively' follow it.  You can then us the 'My Bookmarks' link (fourth from the end, right under the site's tabs) to check the status of those particular threads, which you can 'un-bookmark' any time you want.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 03:16:40 AM »
Something that might be helpful to you, is Ssieth's Greasemonkey script for Elliquiy. It adds a bunch of features like Bookmark tagging, quick topics, usergroups, etc. There's also an option for users to "Ignore Replies" for a thread. It will still pop up when you check your unread replies, but it doesn't register in the little notification beside the link.

For example: if you had 5 unread posts, but had one topic set to "Ignore" then it would only read as 4 unread posts. If that makes sense?

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 03:19:13 AM »
Something that might be helpful to you, is Ssieth's Greasemonkey script for Elliquiy. It adds a bunch of features like Bookmark tagging, quick topics, usergroups, etc. There's also an option for users to "Ignore Replies" for a thread. It will still pop up when you check your unread replies, but it doesn't register in the little notification beside the link.

For example: if you had 5 unread posts, but had one topic set to "Ignore" then it would only read as 4 unread posts. If that makes sense?

I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever on desktop! I don't think that would work on mobile tho, which I'm on most. Thanks though!

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 03:22:27 AM »

I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever on desktop! I don't think that would work on mobile tho, which I'm on most. Thanks though!

Yeah, there's no mobile script unfortunately. :-(

But I'm happy to have helped! ^^

Offline Nymphadora

• Tonks, if she were shy. The knitting Nymph. Nymphadorable. Nymphy ♥
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • You can't take the sky from me.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 06:23:22 AM »

Oh Persephone!! Thank you for mentioning this I never realised!!!!!

Edit:  LOVE IT! I can't believe I missed that fantastic function!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:54:10 PM by Nymphadora »

Offline persephone325

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »
Oh Persephone!! Thank you for mentioning this I never realised!!!!!

Edit:  LOVE IT! I can't believe I missed that fantastic function!

lol You're welcome, too! ^^