You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 21, 2018, 05:29:33 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pineapple on Pizza?  (Read 2173 times)

Offline shanthipriya

Re: Pineapple on Pizza?
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2018, 12:44:56 AM »
Being a hardcore Vegetarian, I must confess how much I started to love this combination. Back at my place (India), I didn't had a chance to try this combo. Loved it the very first time I tried.

P. S: yes, I am still a spicy food lover

Offline Mathim

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet!

I never used to like pineapple on pizza, it just seemed conceptually untenable. But as I sampled pizza buffets which I never knew existed until I moved to Sacramento, and they put out more and more combinations, I started trying ones that had pineapple with various other topping combinations and some of them weren't half-bad. In particular, I discovered, were the ones with the garlic white sauce rather than red marinara, and I finally got it down to a science where it became one of my favorite combinations. You get pineapple, garlic sauce, and one or two greasy meats, and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes to taste, and it's simply the best. That sweetness with the salty tang of the garlic sauce and meats, it's just amazing.

Offline Regina Minx

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2018, 09:23:48 AM »
I think we need to revisit this question, since a large number of pineapple shipments also include cocaine.

If cocaine is used as a flavoring/preservative of pineapple, I for one think that it does belong on pizza.  ;D

Offline RedRose

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2018, 07:10:44 AM »
I think we need to revisit this question, since a large number of pineapple shipments also include cocaine.

If cocaine is used as a flavoring/preservative of pineapple, I for one think that it does belong on pizza.  ;D

WOW! I tried to access and got this

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact wdelnews@wdel.com or call (302)478-2700.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »
This link might work better for you.  It's a BBC story about a similar bust - which was actually more creative.  The Delaware news story had the kilos hidden in the wooden pallets.  The Portugal bust had them camouflaged a bit better.

(WDEL is a local news station, which might explain the link issue.)

Offline TheHangedMan

• Sidhe. Hollowborn Vessel. Deadly Grin. Mildly Malkavian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »
I say no to pineapple in general; pizza especially, though. I don't like mixing salty and sweet things, period. If you made some sort of post-postmodernist fruit compote pizza, though, I suppose pineapple would make for a good topping.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2018, 11:42:08 AM »
I say no to pineapple in general; pizza especially, though. I don't like mixing salty and sweet things, period. If you made some sort of post-postmodernist fruit compote pizza, though, I suppose pineapple would make for a good topping.

A place near us does a pizza buffet, including 'dessert pizzas' (which are basically a sweet dough with toppings).  One is an apple pie variety, but I could see doing something with crushed pineapple.

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »
A place near us does a pizza buffet, including 'dessert pizzas' (which are basically a sweet dough with toppings).  One is an apple pie variety, but I could see doing something with crushed pineapple.
Brazilians really like those. Chocolate pizzas, banana and cinnamon pizzas, condensed milk pizzas and... yes, Pineapple pizzas.

Offline TheHangedMan

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
Brazilians really like those. Chocolate pizzas, banana and cinnamon pizzas, condensed milk pizzas and... yes, Pineapple pizzas.
A sweetened dough, as one might use in pastry, with a cooked sweetened condensed milk (basically caramel) sauce, with some various fruit slices as the topping would probably be amazing. Not something I could reasonably eat, though; I'm imagining the carbs in the hundreds for just a slice.

Offline TheHangedMan

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2018, 12:00:52 PM »
And since I can't edit.. forgot to mention using the chocolate--milk chocolate, perhaps?--as the sort of 'cheese' equivalent, just shred the chocolate real fine, and sprinkle on top of it all.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »
And since I can't edit.. forgot to mention using the chocolate--milk chocolate, perhaps?--as the sort of 'cheese' equivalent, just shred the chocolate real fine, and sprinkle on top of it all.

Now you're just teasing.  :P  ;D

And yes, they are just as carb-heavy as you imagine.  The place cuts them in very narrow slices.

Offline Ket

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2018, 05:59:53 PM »
You mean something like this?  Also, fruit carbs are not equivalent to dough carbs. It's a totally different type of sugar and way it is processed by your body.

Offline TheHangedMan

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2018, 06:08:48 PM »
You mean something like this?  Also, fruit carbs are not equivalent to dough carbs. It's a totally different type of sugar and way it is processed by your body.

That is--wait for it--literally what I was picturing in my mind (except pineapple instead of kiwi, since we were talking pineapple). Also, yes, very good bringing up the glycemic index. As a type 1 brittle diabetic, I actually find that fruits, especially fruit juices, are bad for me due to their high glycemic index (the body processes it very quickly, and it's hard to balance the insulin intake timing with the way the body processes that sugar). I mean, in theory, I could get the timing and the ratios down right... and fruit juice is excellent for counter-acting a low. But something like complex carbs from whole grain doughs takes a much longer time for the body to break down.

Offline Ket

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
Fruit juice often has added sugar, which is why it is so horrible. Berries, pineapple, and grapes typically have the highest amounts of sugar in them, while less sweet/more tart fruits have lower amounts. I'm a LADA diabetic, and fruits are one of the things that actually barely touch my blood sugar levels. Any sort of bread-type dough or potato product and my levels are pushing the accelerator as if they're trying to win the Indy 500. Yet I can eat a ton of pineapple or grapes and barely register an increase. But you won't find me drinking fruit juice unless it's no sugar added.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »

The one I've seen doesn't look nearly that healthy.  Streusel topping is involved.

Offline Ket

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2018, 07:52:35 PM »
I've always seen them on some sort of pastry dough or sugar cookie base (though honestly, you could put them on pizza dough just fine), with a cream cheese sauce and a myriad of soft fruits on top.