You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2019, 11:10:10 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Quotes, sayings and wit  (Read 10379 times)

Offline Lady Shadow

• ~Mistress of the Dark~ ~Wanderer of Worlds~ ~Explorer of Stars~ ~Treasure Seeker~~~ ~Sexyass Bounty Hunter~ ~Bold Lady Jedi Knight~ ~Articulate Corrupter~ ~Sword Wielding Sinner~ ~Sexpot Freedom Fighter~ ~Daring Raider of Tombs~
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Drunk, Loser, Pervert, Greatness Awaits Me
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Quotes, sayings and wit
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2019, 05:08:29 PM »

Offline Captain MalteseTopic starter

« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »

"Always she'd be there. Never in between us. Always in the middle."

Offline Grainne

• *Herself**Princessa**Diva*
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Revelation: Life? Waay too brief not to smile. :)
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »
"Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but of how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness" – Immanuel Kant

I love Kant.

Language has created the word 'loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.-- Paul Tillich

Online Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
I love Kant.
Same! I am a huge Philosophy fan.

"I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn." -Anne Frank

Offline Hintoki

« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2019, 09:03:51 PM »
“I’m not telling you to make the world better, because I don’t think that progress is necessarily part of the package. I’m just telling you to live in it. Not just to endure it, not just to suffer it, not just to pass through it, but to live in it. To look at it. To try to get the picture. To live recklessly. To take chances. To make your own work and take pride in it. To seize the moment.”

Joan Didion.

Offline Captain MalteseTopic starter

« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2019, 02:10:40 PM »
"Some times the best you can do is not going to be good enough, but you should still try."

- a smith on Forged In Fire

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer | Dasha's skirted secretary
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2019, 08:20:18 AM »
"Sometimes, when you're standing so close you're face to face with another man, you cannnot see his face."

-Michail Gorbachev, talking to the press after the 1986 Reykjavik summit, his first major summit with Reagan and an occasion with massive expectations hinged on to the event. The meeting didn't lead to a breakthrough on the arms race, but it may have laid the ground for their later successes. I love the oblique humanity of this quote.

In his memoirs, ten years later, Gorby added that seeing the journalists waiting for them at the end of the hall as they exited the secluded room where the two delegations had been talking about weapons of doom, it felt as if the reporters represented mankind, waiting for some momentous statement, or even to hear its final judgment.