SNAP Discussion (spun from Trump)

Started by Iniquitous, February 14, 2018, 12:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fury Aphrodisia

My dear, darling Poet.

1) That was my being as courteous as I could possibly have been in the moment.

2) Endlessly lecturing people and berating them is not anywhere near a decent way to accomplish anything you are lecturing to want.

3) That's fine, darling.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Fury Aphrodisia

It also helps that you have been attacking people left and right from the very beginning of this, so that high horse might need a break. Why don't ya climb on down.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Ket

FuryAphrodisia, that is enough. If you cannot be civil, please refrain from posting in this thread.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Fury Aphrodisia

But... I have been civil. More so than I have been afforded.

delle

Quote from: Ket on February 20, 2018, 09:03:50 AM
So, yes, it technically is possible for one person to eat for $100 a month. But it's not always something that can actually happen.

Yeah. I can't see myself actually wanting to live on that even if it is possible. But I guess necessity gets us to do things we never thought we could. Just glad I don't have to do it.

Eye of Horus

Quote from: DominantPoet on February 18, 2018, 11:26:10 PM
Assuming everyone is bad because a few are is never a good state of mind to have. That's how we have distrust in police, that's one of many reasons for racism, and bigotry, and so on and so forth. It's precisely why, in fact, people assume everyone else on SNAP is bad. Perpetrating the very thought process others are using against you against others in the same or similar situations as you seems kind of self-defeating, no? Hatred should not be the first response, regardless of past experiences and what not.

This is a very good point. There are, unfortunately, an extremely small minority of professional scroungers who aren’t bothered by the stigma against welfare claimants and will always try and take advantage of the system - but by their nature they’ll almost always find a new loophole when the law changes, so letting them dictate your policies is a bad idea that usually only screws over a lot of the (much more numerous) “honest” claimants.

There are also always going to be a few people who do ridiculous things like spend all of their food stamps on ice cream (and these will be the ones that make the news, because they’re so ridiculous), and you could probably talk at length about how habits, lack of time and the cost of processed vs “healthy” food impacts people’s diets, but at the end of the day I don’t think it’s actually practical (or moral) to enforce what sort of food people are able to buy.