I'm still toying around with this idea, but figured I'd toss it out there to see if it is worth pursuing (ideally, I'd like to see at least 4 interested parties):Sulpae Academy, a.k.a. Tricademy
- three pillars of the academy are: sorcery, stealth, and swordsmanship (or general combat, but that doesn't make a third "s"
- the pillars represent programs of study: sorcerer, assassin/spy, and warrior
- in theory, students are trained to work for anyone with the resources to hire them (typically various nobles/nations) as advisors, commanders, spies, and political/social scalpels
- in truth, they form a network of highly trained people loyal to the Academy spread in potentially key positions throughout the civilized lands
- students who "graduate" have a red triangle tattoo on the inner right forearm to denote membership in an elite group
- students can cross-train to some extent (limited by their teachers/masters or talents), if talented and accepted by the masters
- ranks: grandmaster, masters (9, three per pillar), brothers/sisters (teach or field, rank and file members), student
- the academy is relatively hidden, doesn't really advertise itself, and is selective in who it recruits
As stated, a rough skeleton of notes.
My current thought is setting it in an original, largely undeveloped, fantasy world, probably Renaissance level of technological/social development (about 16th century equivalent, so Tudor/Elizabethan period in Europe). However, it could, I think, be adapted to a sci-fi setting or possibly a more contemporary, although I think still original (non-Earth), one if either of those generates more interest.
Any section on Elliquiy would be fine with me, subject to potential player interest.