You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 25, 2021, 09:59:46 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now closed]  (Read 25458 times)

Offline TFcommando

Re: Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now recruiting]
« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2017, 05:17:04 pm »
wait four traits?

I thought it was just two traits and one had to be a campaign trait?

Or are you actually taking the feat for them too?

The (optional) rule is "If you choose to take a drawback, you can take a third trait that you have access to. You are not required to take a drawback."  The free campaign-specific trait is separate from the usual trait rules (at least in this case).

Online Hexed

« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2017, 07:26:45 pm »
Ohhh. See. I missed that the campaign trait was an add on to the two starting traits. So my math was wrong. :)

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2017, 08:20:01 pm »
*Sweat drop*

I swear to you, a few days ago, the Pathfinder SRD said that Aasiamr took a hundred years to grow up.  *head desk* 

(Mind you, growing up a like a half elf or human is _much- more reasonable!) 

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2017, 08:34:15 pm »
I think their lifespan is a couple of hundred years, but they reach maturity by 20. Or something like that.

Offline Mister Ugly

• I am too damn young to be this damn Old
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Purty is skin deep but Ugly is to the bone!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2017, 08:35:41 pm »
*Sweat drop*

I swear to you, a few days ago, the Pathfinder SRD said that Aasiamr took a hundred years to grow up.  *head desk* 

(Mind you, growing up a like a half elf or human is _much- more reasonable!)

"well that Aasimar looks big for her age...heck she is just 87 and still a teenager"

MU

Offline RobyntheWitch

• She Who Devours
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Cum and let me cast a spell on you... hehehe
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2017, 09:22:04 pm »
I think their lifespan is a couple of hundred years, but they reach maturity by 20. Or something like that.
I read otherwise, going to go check, maybe the place I read was wrong.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2017, 09:29:31 pm »
Well, Trained Aasimar are around 68 maximum. Comparing that with the Human entry, it says maximum of 27. So if Humans tend to live until 70, that would put their "Trained" age at just under half...so extrapolating that to Aasimar, I would put an Aasimar life expectancy at around 150 - 200 ish.

But only because I can't find an official source on the matter :P

Offline Mister Ugly

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #332 on: December 03, 2017, 09:30:35 pm »
WIP!!
I wanted to get something started... getting late here so I will finish Titch tomorrow

Name: Titch
Age/Gender/Race: 21/ Male/ Half-orc
Class/Level: UNC Rogue 1
Concept: Stoic Rogue brawler
Personality (1-2 paragraph minimum):
PC's casual Ons:
PC's casual Offs:
PC's sexual Ons:
PC's sexual Offs:
Background (2-4 paragraphs minimum/max):

Offline Mister Ugly

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #333 on: December 03, 2017, 09:33:30 pm »
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/ageHeightWeight.html

Aging charts!!
Scrolling down to Featured Race aging effects it shows Assimar max age as 70+2d20
MU
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:36:04 pm by Mister Ugly »

Offline eBadger

« Reply #334 on: December 03, 2017, 09:38:41 pm »
These are reasons I try to avoid any specific numbers on things  ;D

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #335 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40:51 pm »
They revised it.. i know cause my 80 year old tiefling in PFS lost 60 years of backstory when they did it

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #336 on: December 03, 2017, 11:09:32 pm »
They revised it.. i know cause my 80 year old tiefling in PFS lost 60 years of backstory when they did it

Hah!  I k new it! 

Thanks Calie! 

Offline RobyntheWitch

• She Who Devours
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #337 on: December 03, 2017, 11:38:47 pm »
Hah!  I k new it! 

Thanks Calie!
I had a feeling of the same, why though!

P.S. being a security guard is rough...

Offline kingmaster1

• I was awoken by the sound of mockery!
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Location: wherever he can shine the light of knowledge into the darkness of ignorance
  • ...Just waiting for the TARDIS to come back...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #338 on: December 03, 2017, 11:44:27 pm »
I had a feeling of the same, why though!

P.S. being a security guard is rough...

I can imagine! A can of bear mace could sort most people out, though!

Offline RobyntheWitch

• She Who Devours
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2017, 12:01:13 am »
I can imagine! A can of bear mace could sort most people out, though!

It reeaches a whole level of awkward when a tweaked out guy asks if my spouse licks my asshole and if I want to come into his apartment to find out... Yeah... Sure... No thanks

Offline Heady DionysusTopic starter

« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2017, 01:37:40 am »
Okay, sorry for the delay!  Forgot to mention that weekends are horrible days for me to have Me Time.  I'll try and work my way through all the posts that have come up.  If I missed anything, just let me know.

can ya have an extra trait with a  drawback [yeap I know that would be 4 of them] just asking!

MU
Just what's noted MU.  Technically it should only be two traits, so I've already made provision for a third (albeit in a limited capacity).

wait four traits?

I thought it was just two traits and one had to be a campaign trait?

Or are you actually taking the feat for them too?
It is permissible for those who want to use a feat that grants an additional 2 traits.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/ageHeightWeight.html

Aging charts!!
Scrolling down to Featured Race aging effects it shows Assimar max age as 70+2d20
MU
Hooray for earlier starting ages for the aasimar and tiefling (and some others), but it seems that elemental bloodline grants extra longevity, and divine ones not so much ::)

I think I will make a start on selections on Wednesday since there's already a hefty roster to choose from.  I think I didn't mention in this thread, so I'll be selecting between 4-5 characters, maybe 6 if I really can't make up my mind between two of them.

Offline RobyntheWitch

• She Who Devours
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2017, 01:43:01 am »
Crossing my fingers on this, you got a lot a people who really wanted in, it was amazing!

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2017, 01:46:10 am »
Take it from me, dude, 5 is the absolute maximum you want in a Party. 6 Just starts to ROFLstomp the encounters xD

Offline RobyntheWitch

• She Who Devours
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2017, 01:48:06 am »
Take it from me, dude, 5 is the absolute maximum you want in a Party. 6 Just starts to ROFLstomp the encounters xD
All it takes is a few minor adjustments to allow a sixth and make it work. Sure it might be a bit more challenging, but it works!

« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2017, 01:59:20 am »
Ideally, 4 is what I want, but I'm not a stranger to online PF games and drop out usually rears its head in every game I've been in :P

Offline RobyntheWitch

• She Who Devours
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2017, 02:03:17 am »
Ah, that is a sad fact...

Offline eBadger

« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2017, 02:11:28 am »
Ideally, 4 is what I want, but I'm not a stranger to online PF games and drop out usually rears its head in every game I've been in :P

Yup, this.  Best to start with a couple extra, frankly, it's a lot easier to drop one or two than to recruit and add them in later. 

Definitely looks like a really fun campaign, and yikes that was quite the response!  *Crosses Robyn's other fingers, then ties them together with string*

Offline indarkestknight

« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2017, 02:20:38 am »
So in hopes of getting a little more feedback on my concepts, I've decided to flesh them out a little before deciding which one to run with. For now, I've narrowed it down to two. I could try to build both before the deadline, but that's a tall order to get done by Wednesday.  :P

Armand Grey, TN Human Alchemist (Gun Chemist)
Armand's mother was once one of the foremost minds behind the development of new weapons for Alkenstar, pushing the limits of hybrid applications of alchemy and Alkenstar's firearm technology. Some within Alkenstar deemed her research too dangerous, too radical, and tried to have her experiments shut down. Determined to pursue her research and unwilling to surrender her progress, she fled Alkenstar, knowing her husband, a shieldmarshal, would never condone such a course of action and would attempt to talk her out of it. She did not flee Alkenstar alone, however, though she did not realize until later that she carried with her their child.

Armand was born in Thuvia, and remembers some of his childhood there, but eventually his mother's past caught up with her, and they were forced to flee. After all, where else would someone looking to push the limits of hybrid alchemical technology go? It was only a matter of time before they were discovered.

Life on the run eventually led to Port Peril (an itinerant lifestyle did not lend itself well to research), where Armand's mother became an apothecary by day, and a dealer in firearms and firearms repair by night. While Armand's training was mostly focused on mastering the skills of an alchemist and apothecary, he did learn to defend himself with a firearm as well.

One night less than a week ago, however, he returned home to find his mother gone, vanished. While some prototypes she had been working were taken, some were hidden in a secret cache only the two of them knew, along with her notes and the blueprints. The fact that these were left behind, more than anything else, tells him that she did not go of her own volition – she would not have left without these.

Orithyiakles, TN Human (?) Kineticist (Air)
From his childhood on the docks of Port Peril, Orithyiakles dreamed of flying (literally and figuratively). While it was as distant a dream as the secret dreams some others held in their heart of claiming the position of Hurricane King, in this world of sorcery and wonders, it was not beyond the realm of the possible. And so, from his youngest days, he scurried and hustled to earned every copper and silver he could, cleaning decks and taverns and delivering messages. Finally, once he thought he'd earned enough, he went to a local adept, hoping his coin would be enough to buy the tutelage of a mentor, just the barest of magics, the cantrips, the orisons. All that he'd worked so hard to earn, though, was laughed at as a mere pittance. The other wonderworkers he went to were no more generous, no more kind. One night of bitter tears later, he began to hustle twice as hard as before. Even when he was finally able to muster the lucre to afford lessons in magic, it broke his heart to learn he had no talent whatsoever for spells or spellcasting... though, in that moment of overwhelming emotion, something more primal, more elemental unlocked inside him. It was something raw and unrefined, but it was his only hope to achieve his dream.

It was then, as his powers have blossomed, that Orithyiakles learned that he was but a babe, he was smuggled from the Iblydos archipelago to hide him from the wrathful gaze of his powerful and jealous stepmother, and that the man he has known as his father all his life is not, in fact, his birth father. His father cautioned him against flaunting his power, but deep down, Orithyiakles's instinct tell him that in order to grow this power inside him, he must continue to use it, to challenge himself, to push himself to his limits and beyond.

Suggestions for faceclaims/character images are welcomed, as I've never been very good at that unless the character is inspired by the image.

« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2017, 02:30:40 am »
So in hopes of getting a little more feedback on my concepts, I've decided to flesh them out a little before deciding which one to run with. For now, I've narrowed it down to two. I could try to build both before the deadline, but that's a tall order to get done by Wednesday.  :P

Armand Grey, TN Human Alchemist (Gun Chemist)
Armand's mother was once one of the foremost minds behind the development of new weapons for Alkenstar, pushing the limits of hybrid applications of alchemy and Alkenstar's firearm technology. Some within Alkenstar deemed her research too dangerous, too radical, and tried to have her experiments shut down. Determined to pursue her research and unwilling to surrender her progress, she fled Alkenstar, knowing her husband, a shieldmarshal, would never condone such a course of action and would attempt to talk her out of it. She did not flee Alkenstar alone, however, though she did not realize until later that she carried with her their child.

Armand was born in Thuvia, and remembers some of his childhood there, but eventually his mother's past caught up with her, and they were forced to flee. After all, where else would someone looking to push the limits of hybrid alchemical technology go? It was only a matter of time before they were discovered.

Life on the run eventually led to Port Peril (an itinerant lifestyle did not lend itself well to research), where Armand's mother became an apothecary by day, and a dealer in firearms and firearms repair by night. While Armand's training was mostly focused on mastering the skills of an alchemist and apothecary, he did learn to defend himself with a firearm as well.

One night less than a week ago, however, he returned home to find his mother gone, vanished. While some prototypes she had been working were taken, some were hidden in a secret cache only the two of them knew, along with her notes and the blueprints. The fact that these were left behind, more than anything else, tells him that she did not go of her own volition – she would not have left without these.

Orithyiakles, TN Human (?) Kineticist (Air)
From his childhood on the docks of Port Peril, Orithyiakles dreamed of flying (literally and figuratively). While it was as distant a dream as the secret dreams some others held in their heart of claiming the position of Hurricane King, in this world of sorcery and wonders, it was not beyond the realm of the possible. And so, from his youngest days, he scurried and hustled to earned every copper and silver he could, cleaning decks and taverns and delivering messages. Finally, once he thought he'd earned enough, he went to a local adept, hoping his coin would be enough to buy the tutelage of a mentor, just the barest of magics, the cantrips, the orisons. All that he'd worked so hard to earn, though, was laughed at as a mere pittance. The other wonderworkers he went to were no more generous, no more kind. One night of bitter tears later, he began to hustle twice as hard as before. Even when he was finally able to muster the lucre to afford lessons in magic, it broke his heart to learn he had no talent whatsoever for spells or spellcasting... though, in that moment of overwhelming emotion, something more primal, more elemental unlocked inside him. It was something raw and unrefined, but it was his only hope to achieve his dream.

It was then, as his powers have blossomed, that Orithyiakles learned that he was but a babe, he was smuggled from the Iblydos archipelago to hide him from the wrathful gaze of his powerful and jealous stepmother, and that the man he has known as his father all his life is not, in fact, his birth father. His father cautioned him against flaunting his power, but deep down, Orithyiakles's instinct tell him that in order to grow this power inside him, he must continue to use it, to challenge himself, to push himself to his limits and beyond.

Suggestions for faceclaims/character images are welcomed, as I've never been very good at that unless the character is inspired by the image.
Without promising anything, I think there is more in-game scope and opportunity for the alchemist idea.

Offline indarkestknight

« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2017, 02:46:05 am »
Thank you kindly for the input.