You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 13, 2018, 01:59:01 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Virtual Reality MMO Themed Idea, with a few others. All writers welcome!  (Read 462 times)

Offline Galactic DruidTopic starter

Hi, and thanks for checking out my request thread!
It's always nice to know when someone takes an interest in one of my crazy ideas, so please, don't be shy at all about letting me know if something catches your eye. I'd love to hear from you.

A little about the writer, my style, and what I'm looking for....
I've been writing on E for close to 6 years now, and still love the community here. I like writing just about everything, from heavy plots to light hearted one-shots, whatever setting just happens to catch my mood. I've always been fascinated with the idea of virtual reality; not just the current tech out there like the Oculus and Vive, but the idea of seeing, feeling, hearing, and tasting a true virtual experience. I've always been a fan of various movies and media surrounding the concept. If you're wondering if I've heard of that one anime/movie/comic you love that takes place in a VR world in some way, the answer is most likely yes, and if it's not, I'd love to hear about it so I have something new to check out!

I typically write somewhere between 1-5 paragraphs for a post, with my word count usually averaging somewhere between 200 and 400. While I strive to do my best when I write, I do understand that can be on the short side for some people. While my intros and posts I'm especially inspired by tend to run longer, sometimes even into multi page territory, it's definitely not my norm. As long as I know you're enjoying writing with me, it doesn't really matter to me how much my partner writes, whether it's a few sentences or a novella, so long as you're okay with what I give in reply.

I try to post at least once a week, though I shoot for more often. I'm at work 12 hours a day with a 3 hour break, during which I do most of my writing. Every once in a while, I may need to help another teacher, and won't get much writing done in a day, and on weekends I try to spend time with family, so it's very rare to see a post from me on a Saturday or Sunday. As long as a partner is willing to do the same, I can promise at least one or two a week though, often more if I happen to catch your posts at the right time.

When it comes to character pairings, I prefer not to write M/M pairings, but nearly everything else is open to negotiation, so don't be shy to ask! As far as who I'm willing to write with, the short answer is anyone, lords, ladies, lieges and legates are all welcome!

As for Ons and Offs, I try to keep my prefrences page in the matrix up to date as often as I feel something needs to be updated. If there's something you'd like to know about, it's likely on my page there, and if you're wondering about something or if I'd make an exception for something, please ask!

So, on to the plots....
I also put this at the end of the list, but I can't stress it enough; if there's nothing on this list you like, but you really like the idea of an RP set in a VR world, or hell, even just like my style and would like to discuss another idea, please, don't be shy to PM me an idea. I'd love to hear your ideas as well!!

So I won't lie, this was originally going to be a handful of VR themed stuff, but I got so into the You 2.0 idea, I decided I wanted to make it the focal point of this thread. I'll still keep my other ideas up, but this setting is definitely my current craving.

You 2.0  (Semi VR, inspired heavily by movies like The Surroage and Avatar.)

By 2230, Overpopulation had become Earth's largest crisis. Attention was turned from terraforming projects to trying to find a new home for humanity as quickly as possible. A potential candidate was found in a nearby star system on a garden planet United Earth began to call Gaia.

Despite it's lush environment, Gaia presented a variety of challenges for settlements; the local fauna was wild, agreesive, and bountiful. The planet was largely unexplored, long range scanning from Earth was impossible, and satellites were unreliable, and met consistent interference, especially thanks to the largest challenge of the planet; ruins left behind hundreds of years ago, many half buried, but some precursor alien civilization. Rumors even ran wild that there might be another intelligent species on the planet that's taken an interest in humankimd...

Few people were willing to take the risks of colonizing the new world; mostly military and govenment positions assigned the jobs of installing infrastructure were the primary settlers, along with a handful of volunteers and corporate interests. The entire project was considered to be in jeopardy until the Entertainment company Virutal Escapes announced their new flagship product; You 2.0.

Thanks to a breakthrough in FTL communication, Virtual Escapes was able to set up a system through which players essentially sync their senses with an avatar on a distant planet. Thanks to modern 3D printing technology, players are able to generate a custom avatar on the hostile world, and become a hero of the new planet; collecting valuable topographal data, slaying dangerous beasts, supporting the nearby colonies, and delving into curious alien ruins.

At first, the players were a welcome sight to the settlers of Gaia; the planet went from.a struggle to survive to a contest to be the greatest help between players, piloting powerful, cybernetically enhanced versions of themselves with incredible strength, psionic abilities, or other gifts depending on their chosen class.

Over time, the nearly the entire colonization project either became part of the game, or were bought out by thr company. Entire settlements were constructed to have new towns for players to visit, and more and more settlers came to the planet, all so the company had more characters for players to interact with. Some say a seedy underbelly has even formed in some colonies to cater to players with more... adult tastes.

There's still much to do in the colonization effort; the planet is still largely unexplored, and many dangerous ruins still lay untouched. Many players aren't willing to risk their avatars and habe to pay the fee of printing a new one, content instead to slay more local monsters or duel one another for glory.

Our characters, however, agents content just to live out on the planet like an MMO playground. Whether driven by curiosity, desire, duty, revenge, or something more, both of them are far more willing to push deeper to find answers...

I'm really open to all kinds of ideas for this setting. More than anything else, the setting has been bouncing around in my head, and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with it, including whether I want to play a Gaia local, an avatar pilot, etc etc. I'm hoping someone takes an interest in the setting, like myself, and we can discuss ideas.

Older Ideas and One Shots
These ideas are shamelessly plucked from one of my older RP request pages as I felt there would be relebvent here.

Heroes of Palia Open Again! (Anything/Anything, Action/Adventure, potential for a variety of scenes, group game potential, GMing potential)
- DrallTech is finishing up work on their most advanced scenario yet, a VRPG. Everything is going well for the testers who are enjoying a fun, if not slightly easy, game. However, when the main villain shows up for the first time, everything changes. Once the AI takes over for real time interaction, the AI scripts for the villain take over, merging with the Enigma core, resulting in an AI entity who will do anything to win, including killing the players so their avatars can no longer respawn. If the players want to win, they'll have to beat the game.

Fantasies Inc. Rebooted! (One-shot, smut driven, multi-partner potential, open for a variety of ideas on this one.)
It's been 20 years since the first true-VR system's public unveiling. While VR systems are still too large and expensive for most homes, companies have managed to create a vast and popular market in the form of arcades and rental centers. Fantasies Inc. is one such chain that skyrocketed in popularity, despite many protests. An adults-only facility, Fantasies Inc. can offer individuals or couples their dream encounter, even plug them into their 'dating network' for a few hours. With a limitless number of settings and virtual 'partners' to choose from, Fantasies Inc. can make any dream encounter possible.

Trouble In Paradise New and my biggest craving of my listed ideas! (NC themes, adventure and danger)

This is sort of an expanded idea built off the previous idea, Fantasies Inc. Essentially, I'm looking to GM a virtual 'game' for a character that was looking to have some fun in an RPG world with lots of adult potential. As they have their fun, something eventually goes wrong. A few ideas I had involved an AI character developing an obsession with them, or an error in an NPC's code causing them to achieve self awareness and trap the player within the game to avoid ever being 'shut down'. Lastly, there could be a human GM that's controlling the game, who either comes to recognize the character as someone who turned them down as a lover, an ex, or just an unhealthy fascination that causes them to try to keep the played locked within the game, subject to their whims.

Regardless of how they are trapped, I'm looking for player that refuses to accept their situation. While they might not be able to log out anymore, they know the game will shut down if they manage to 'beat' it, and defy the GM/AI at every opportunity, as they seek to break the player first.

Am I real? (Romance themed, I can play either side, though would prefer to be the human player.)
An employee of a large entertainment company is drafted as a regular tester for a soon-to be released VR system. One of his main tasks is to have regular conversation with the NPC inhabitants of the various VR worlds, which includes the occasional sexual liaison in the adult zones. Over his/her visits, the AI begins to learn about the tester, putting more and more of it's own consistent personality into the NPCs they encounter, frequently taking over the default code to do so.

YOUR Ideas! Nothing here catch your interest, but you love the idea of writing something set in a VR world? Please, don't be shy to send me a PM! I'd love to bounce ideas back and foruth and discuss new characters. Nothing on this page is mandatory, just ideas to get the creative juices flowing!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:14:28 PM by ThatRPGuy »

Offline Galactic DruidTopic starter

Re: Virtual Reality MMO Themed Idea, with a few others. All writers welcome!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
12/6; You2.0 is under discussion with someone, but all the ideas are still open for interested partners.