TheBlackThrone

Face Claim: Tyler Bachtel
Player Name: TheBlackThrone

Character Nickname (if applicable): Alex, Alyosha, Sasha

Grade Level: Third Year

Mage Class: Spirit

Sub-abilities: Psychic Possession and Anti-Psychic Presence

Brief History:

Aleksey is the son of Dmitri and Gamila Ivanov, the remaining surviving bloodline of a royal family near driven to extinction. The Ivanovs were as resilient as Russians were expected to be. Their generations not only survived persecution by the non-bloods, but the cold. The Ivanovs lived in an elaborate mansion in Ekaterinburg. Dmitri made a living as a professor at Ural Federal University, while also being a consultant for the Federal Security Service (FSB). His mother was a famed wedding planner. The family’s secret had been closely guarded until Aleksey began to openly demonstrate his powers. He possessed several of the servants, and even attempted to possess his own father.

The Ivanovs were reminded of the Rookshaven Academy when they received a pamphlet/newsletter in the mail informing them of the changes made to the school. They were among the alumni there, and in order to instill some self-control into the heir, they thought it best he attend school among fellow casters. Aleksey had since been at the school for three years, charming the panties off the fresh meat and enjoying how he always had guinea pigs to test his abilities on. Each year seemed to only make him more and more adept.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Paladin101

Out of curiosity, what would the difference be between Aerokinesis and Wind Generation? So an Aerokinesis can affect wind that is already there and reshape it, but not start a gust of wind from scratch, or simply can't produce as forceful a gust as Wind Generation?

Player Name:

Character Name: Richard Hawkins

Character Nickname (if applicable): Richie or Hawk(due to his propensity for spending more time flying than walking when allowed) by his friends. Gypsy, by those who look down on his lack of roots.

Grade Level: Third Year Uni

Mage Class: Air

Sub-abilities: Aerokinesis, Flight

Brief History:

Richard is the son of a family of Immigrants who moved to America from England shortly after the rebellion. They have traveled and relocated frequently throughout the following years, never sitting still in any one place for too long. Growing up Richard was always curious why they were always moving, never sitting still, but it didn't truly bother him. The first magic he developed was flight, which he discovered when he tried to leap up to see over a wall out of curiosity, and ended up soaring upwards 15 feet to smack his head into a tree branch and pass out. Curiosity has continued to get him in trouble ever since!

Tragedy came into his life however when he was sent word at the school when he was 16, that his parents had died in a sudden freak wildfire. Some locals tried to blame it on them, claiming his mother, a fire binder, had lit the flame, and his father, an air binder, had fanned the flames and fueled the fire by trying to use his air magics to snuff it out. Richard has never believed that, he thinks someone killed his parents, because they were set to tell him that year when he came home, why the family was always moving, and why they had never wanted to live in other magic communities. His parents left him enough money in their will that he won't be left wanting, and can finish his schooling before he has to worry about how he is going to earn a living. Still, his clothes tend to be one step above that of the poor members of the school, and one step below that of the rich students, as he husbands and tries to preserve as much of his money as he can.

Hope this works, was just an idea that came as I started writing. Can certainly change if desired!

firepyre

Took another stab.

So many good puns to use! Hopefully this one is more to your liking. I still don't know what to pick as a second power though.

Player Name: Firepyre

Character Name: Eric Demoux

Character Nickname (if applicable):

Grade Level: First year uni. (Took a gap year)

Mage Class: Earthbinding

Sub-abilities: Ferrokinesis, Alloplasty

Brief History: Coming from a far less privileged background than most, Eric is attending university on a scholarship grant. He is a fairly vocal supporter of the anti-establishment movement, believing that individual merit ought to be the basis for advancement, rather than the blood in your veins. Though this makes him a favored target of the old bloods, constantly on the verge of being pushed out, he weathers it with the same unyielding resilience as the metal he manipulates, and is ever ready to fight in the name of others, often taking it upon himself to step in for those who won't or can't defend themselves(often whether they like it or not), and frequently finding himself in the headmasters office, and cementing his reputation as a troublemaker, albeit a talented one, showing exceptional finesse with metal manipulation. It's rare to see him without some small metal object orbiting his person, something he does subconsciously, in much the same way others might fidget.

Anouk Daae

So many awesome applications to process. I dig the overall fee of all of them. There's a real sense of depth to them, and I'm thrilled to have you all on board.
I just have a couple of notes.

Kathyan, greek life isn't as big a thing in the UK as it is in the states. Outside of that, you're perfect and so is your character. Welcome.

TheBlackThorne, your character is zesty and I dig it. I'll be posting in the actual rp forums more information about the classes, but if you want to jump ahead of the curve - I highly recommend messaging either Kathyan  or myself regarding the specific limitations of Spirit.
Regarding your two characters, while the "Heir Apparent" would be the oldest living, non-council member. Prior to joining the council as the official Heir and Head of the Bloodline, it is put to a vote among the nobles of that mage class. That being said, Alex is the Heir Apparent, but don't count Domme out juuuuust yet. Welcome aboard!

Firepyre, regarding your sub-abilities - are you asking me to choose a secondary one for him?
Aside from that, your character is awesome - welcome the fuck to Rookshaven!

Paladin101, to answer your initial question and verify your answer to it. As you suspected, wind generation is the ability to create wind where there isn't, like indoors. Aerokinesis is using the wind that's already present and shaping it to your will. That said, welcome to Rookshaven!

Paladin101

Quote from: Anouk Daae on November 22, 2017, 02:07:57 PM

Paladin101, to answer your initial question and verify your answer to it. As you suspected, wind generation is the ability to create wind where there isn't, like indoors. Aerokinesis is using the wind that's already present and shaping it to your will. That said, welcome to Rookshaven!

Woot!

So question, would Aerokinesis still be able to do things like manipulate air to lift a book/something lighter off a table, or direct the flight of a paper airplane? or Would they be very limited in capabilities while inside? Just want to get a feel for it so I don't overstep later. :)

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Paladin101 on November 22, 2017, 02:11:43 PM
Woot!

So question, would Aerokinesis still be able to do things like manipulate air to lift a book/something lighter off a table, or direct the flight of a paper airplane? or Would they be very limited in capabilities while inside? Just want to get a feel for it so I don't overstep later. :)

There's air conditioning inside and some teachers tend to keep the windows open, so your character will still have access to wind. But if there's no air movement, he could find himself stuck. i don't see that happening often though.

On another note, I'm working on consolidating all the apps and information to create an RP thread now that there's a solid handful of players. If you don't see your characters up, everyone, just give me a minute.

persephone325

I'm working on a teacher character. Just have to figure out her history... lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Anouk Daae

Another teacher sounds awesome!

Also there are some abilities that are universal to all castors. I'll be adding the information for that to the RP thread. The link to the RP thread is at the bottom of the first post in this thread. Check for it around 6:40 pm eastern standard today.

Caela

Player Name: Caela

Character Name: Ellesbeth Jasmine Ombra-Notte

Character Nickname: Close friends can call her Ell...anyone else shortening her name will be pointedly ignored

Grade Level: 2nd year University

Mage Class: Darkbinder

Sub-abilities:

• Animated Shadow
  • Umbraportation

Brief History: The daughter of two Darkbinders (Xavier Notte and Francesca Ombra) she grew up playing with shadows. Her favorite game as a child was hide-and-seek with her cousins because she always won! It took them years to realize that the reason they could never find her was that she switched rooms (and sometimes entire houses!) anytime she hid. Noting her mischeivous nature, her parents sought to quell some of her more impetuous games because they recognized that people would be suspicious of her simply because of the branch of magic she was born into. They sought to teach her kindness and generosity while also instilling pride in her family line and the power that came with it. What she learned was that oftentimes people would be bigoted against her simply because of her name and while she is kind and generous to those in need, or those she cares for, she is also slow to trust new people. She knows that being a descendant of the Notte line, people will often have preconcieved notions of what Ellesbeth will be like and she usually seeks to confound them....though sometimes she deliberatly feeds into their ignorance and bigotry simply for the amusement of it. Her parents didn't send her to Rookshaven for her primary schooling, instead they sent her to private schools and worked on training her abilities themselves. She didn't appear at Rookshaven until she was 18 and her parents decided it would be the best place for her to take University level classes and receive advanced training in her particular abilities.

Steir

Quote from: Anouk Daae on November 22, 2017, 08:44:09 AM

Out of curiosity, are you playing a character that has already been through the six generations of inbreeding to create a dual-class mage?
If so, I'm sorry I can't approve this character.

That was the intention, though I'd want to hear your thoughts on why the character is not to your liking. Would it be better to pick one that is still in the process of inbreeding, like somewhere along the first to third generations?

Anouk Daae

Caela, welcome to Rookshaven!

Steir, at this point in time I am not willing to have a character with dual-class in the SL. I chose the abilities, classes, and lore specifically to avoid this. Any mixed classes have 1 ability only in this current carnation of the story.
I am open to the idea of a group trying to overthrow the government and recruit students to their side, but right now the answer to dual-classing is no.

persephone325

Annoying Sephie has another question. lol

I'd like to go with the Mythic teacher idea. The FAQ in the second post says that teachers can choose a third ability; but there are only three abilities listed for the Mythic class. Should I just stick with one, or two? I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to make an OP character if I list all three. (I hope I phrased this in a way that makes sense. lol)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Anouk Daae

I'm going to email you in response, if that's ok?

persephone325

I don't know.

firepyre

Quote from: Anouk Daae on November 22, 2017, 02:07:57 PM

Firepyre, regarding your sub-abilities - are you asking me to choose a secondary one for him?
Aside from that, your character is awesome - welcome the fuck to Rookshaven!

Not really worried what powers he might have besides the ferrokinesis. I can't really see him using any of the others. Hence the original one power pitch.

However, after the explanation of wind generation and aerokinesis, I've been thinking there should probably be a complementary power to ferokinesis, something like... Alloplasty. Ferokinesis is the ability to control metallic objects, and Alloplasty would be the ability to soften metal to a putty or liquid so it can be moulded into shapes or even alloyed with other metals, with uses ranging from shaping a model or bending iron to restrain someone, at a basic level, to advanced uses like drawing metal directly from ore, or forming intricate objects at an expert(teacher)level.

If you're ok with it, I'd like that as a second power.

Anouk Daae

Quote from: firepyre on November 22, 2017, 06:53:48 PM
Not really worried what powers he might have besides the ferrokinesis. I can't really see him using any of the others. Hence the original one power pitch.

However, after the explanation of wind generation and aerokinesis, I've been thinking there should probably be a complementary power to ferokinesis, something like... Alloplasty. Ferokinesis is the ability to control metallic objects, and Alloplasty would be the ability to soften metal to a putty or liquid so it can be moulded into shapes or even alloyed with other metals, with uses ranging from shaping a model or bending iron to restrain someone, at a basic level, to advanced uses like drawing metal directly from ore, or forming intricate objects at an expert(teacher)level.

If you're ok with it, I'd like that as a second power.

I will hesitantly allow Alloplasty.

Steir

Quote from: Anouk Daae on November 22, 2017, 06:07:10 PM
Steir, at this point in time I am not willing to have a character with dual-class in the SL. I chose the abilities, classes, and lore specifically to avoid this. Any mixed classes have 1 ability only in this current carnation of the story.
I am open to the idea of a group trying to overthrow the government and recruit students to their side, but right now the answer to dual-classing is no.

I understand. Let me fix my character and pull that out. Thanks for letting me know!

Player Name: Steir

Character Name: Jonathan Zhou/Zhou Yang Guang

Character Nickname (if applicable): Ah-Yang by his family, or just Yang or Jon for everyone else

Grade Level: First Year of University

Mage Class: Light Binder

Sub-abilities: Photokinesis, Evil Banish

Brief History:
Jonathan hails from a long line of mages from China that belonged to a clan better known as the Dao Congregation. The clan was most known for cultivating great mages of the country through the ages, and have been starting to spread its influence outside the country recently by sending their younger members to join in schools and other institutions of other countries.

While the young man's entry into Rookshaven Academy has political motives from his clan (to show off how superior magic from the clan was compared to others among many things), Jonathan was simply more than happy for the change of scenery. Most of his life was spent in rigorous training and tutelage to ensure he could use both of his abilities that he never had the chance to do anything fun during his childhood. He sees this move as a chance for him to loosen up and experience things he didn't get a chance to back home.

Chreestafer

Still in for this as a Fire Binder. :)

Going to work on my character asap!
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Chreestafer on November 22, 2017, 09:01:08 PM
Still in for this as a Fire Binder. :)

Going to work on my character asap!

glad to hear it.

I've been updating the RP thread with the new admissions. So far, everyone's up.

Angie

Since I'm not seeing one, might I suggest the creation of an OOC thread for this game? It helps with planning and also just being friendly with each other if we have a place to 'hang out'. And it'll really help me so that Terry-I mean Johnathan-can be offered as a moment killer for IC threads! (Like say, two players are about to get involved and they want an interruption for comedic purposes)
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chreestafer

Player Name: Chreestafer

Character Name: Tristyn Bishop

Character Nickname (if applicable): Fire Child

Grade Level: College Freshman

Mage Class: Fire Binder

Sub-abilities: Pyrokinesis , Mimicry

Brief History: Tristyn Bishop never knew who his parents were.  His earliest memory at this age was the multitude of fights he'd get in at the orphanage.  Tristyn was often bullied due to the redness of his hair and the auburn hues to his eyes.  It wasn't until one of the fights he had gotten into that he earned the name Fire Child after trying to set one kids bunk on fire after an out break.  His orphanage was a small unknown organization.  However one of the directors, secretly a binder herself, noticed his potential.  It didn't take long before he found himself leaving for the schools to learn to control his abilities.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Angie on November 22, 2017, 11:05:59 PM
Since I'm not seeing one, might I suggest the creation of an OOC thread for this game? It helps with planning and also just being friendly with each other if we have a place to 'hang out'. And it'll really help me so that Terry-I mean Johnathan-can be offered as a moment killer for IC threads! (Like say, two players are about to get involved and they want an interruption for comedic purposes)

Excellent idea.
Things might be a little slow moving today because of the holiday, on my end, but I'll make that ASAP.

Anouk Daae

Anouk Daae

Still recruiting for royal students, Mythics, Beast class, Light class and teachers.