You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 18, 2018, 02:00:54 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Stalking Horses [EX]
Congratulations "NowhereWoman & Justric" for completing your RP!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: New Firefox update...  (Read 199 times)

Offline midnightblack

Re: New Firefox update...
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »
The main problems with it for me is that the refresh button has disappeared, so now I have to click on the url bar and hit enter. I do this a lot. That or try and find the f5 button, to press alt-f5.

For me it didn't disappear. It was just moved to the left, next to the button showing the cozy house.

Offline Sara Nilsson

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »
I noticed when this one installed that they called it faster than the prior version. So far I'm not seeing much difference, except when pages have trouble loading. That bouncing dot gets irritating fast.

The main problems with it for me is that the refresh button has disappeared, so now I have to click on the url bar and hit enter. I do this a lot. That or try and find the f5 button, to press alt-f5.

Refresh button is now to the left by the forward and backwards button.

Offline Captain MalteseTopic starter

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 10:47:18 AM »
There was no sign of DownThemAll, my gallery image downloader app, becoming compatible with this new version. I guess any Firefox app will require substantial rework if not complete redesign to remain useable with this Quantum thing. So I ended up rolling back to the previous Firefox version (ver 56.02) and now everything works fine again. I intend to stick with it for as long as this laptop lives. Kinda funny though. Normally, when something is called a quantum leap is it normally assumed to be forward...

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Writer of Things ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Curled up with a notebook in a quiet forest, writing.
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 11:26:10 AM »
Refresh button is now to the left by the forward and backwards button.

For me it didn't disappear. It was just moved to the left, next to the button showing the cozy house.

Thanks. I somehow totally missed that it was there.  ::)

Btw, thanks Sara for the information on how to change the tab colours. I did that and have the pastel stripey ones now.

Offline Sara Nilsson

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 11:54:09 AM »
I missed it too. And it really annoyed me for a while. It is so handy for E. ^^ But then i saw it and was.. yay

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Writer of Things ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Curled up with a notebook in a quiet forest, writing.
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »
Thanks. :) I'm very happy to have it back too.