Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 11, 2017, 08:51:48 AM
I'm calling dibs on Blink!

Ooo! Hi WLA!!!

Quote from: annarose on November 11, 2017, 09:11:05 AM
INTERESTED!

I have an OC  I can use too

OC's are definitely allowed. Welcome to the party!

InnocentSynn

Very much interested.  More than likely gonna bring in either Blackout or Medusa.  And possibly someone else if I don't use them both.

Amarlo

-Coughs.- Debating an oc or Laura Kinney, if she's playable... Don't hold either for me. My life is kind of a little busy at the moment so I'm still not sure if I'll be able to join at this point. ^^;

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Jag

*flails*

I don't know who I would want to play?!

Toad, Quinn (my OC mutant), Tommy, Caliban, or Maggot.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

RedPhoenix

I'm...quite interested to see how you play Maggot tbh.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Jag

You've not been in a game where I play Maggot? I play each of the slugs too. Only Maggot can understand what they are saying, but I write out their internal monologue. They both have names and personalities. ^^

RedPhoenix

No, no I have not seen this. It sounds incredible. O.o

I'm going to be playing Spiral as a sort of de-powered version from the comics on a probationary status with the X-Men as Xavier sees if he can help her figure out her past, if that help your decision at all! :)

Gilgameshian

I'm hoping to have (Male) Sage done by tomorrow night. Julian will take a little longer but I'm gunning to run the both of them.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Jag

Might go ahead with Maggot. Need to find a nice picture though.

Alias

Good to see things heating up. Gonna keep things non formal for a bit longer, wait for some more sheets to show up in my inbox, and then we'll start taking steps toward IC.

Thanks everyone for coming to play in my space!!!

Amarlo, noted. Both of those ideas are fine, but I won't hold them for you. :)

Jag

Sasquatch421

yaracyrrah

My first idea won't work and I don't have another idea yet.  Still thinking but I'm downgraded to Questionable.

Alias

I'm here to help if need be. :)
good luck to all with creative flowage.

Sasquatch421

I've thought about it and if you'll have me Ah'm dusting off mah southern accent for Sam Guthrie. Also probably driving the spell check nuts... Not sure about anyone else though yet perhaps dusting off Ragnar the Bloody or Billie Jean.

A question though? How is pop culture being handled? Just all music being there or am I going to have to try and remember what I was listening to back in the 80's?

RedPhoenix

Sasquatch421

Well Master of Puppets and Slippery When Wet are a safe bet...

Alias

oh yeah, this is 'eightiesed out'
The clothes hunting for posts should be the most fun part of the whole game for everyone
:p

but yeah. This is awesome. Loving the creativity from everyone so far!

Amarlo

So I've decided on an OC this time around. I'll be slowly working on her. I'm going to be a bit slower than usual, things are a little hectic on my end. Haha

Also I'd like to faceclaim Park Hye Min, if I could? ^^;

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Alias

Format Information

Hello everyone! I was a little nuanced when I went over the format of the game in the original post, and I was expecting more questions about how this was all going to work. I haven't gotten very many, so I'll try to explain it as easily as possible. It's a little non-traditionally, but I have a lot of confidence. If this is difficult to understand, or if it suddenly feels like this isn't the right game for you, just let me know, and we'll sort it out either way in any case. PMs or in here, wherever you're comfortable, I am too. So, this is currently the plan... It might change, so I'm accepting feedback and suggestions. I don't plan on incorporating every piece of advice I get. But, I'll listen to anything for a little while. :)

Hypothetical
Let's pretend we have twelve Player characters (small numbers will help, I think we'll have more than this)
Those twelve players split into three subgroups of four players. Each of these groups are squads of x-men. (size of groups can vary).

From that point, obviously, the center of operation is the mansion. But in this setting, the x-men have a lot to take care of, and Xavier (me) will be forcing groups out to accomplish tasks. However, the players can have their characters do anything. I am keeping the train running, but it doesn't have any tracks.

The Goal
I like the idea of having heroes out on missions without ever making it feel like there is an event happening. IC urgency ramped up, OOC pressure on players scaled down. The smaller groups are free to do solo scenes, move at their own pace, and interact freely among each other. While one group might be able to defeat three of Magneto's henchmen in two RL months. Another group might be lost in the jungle trying to find themselves while they track down a mysterious telepath. And another might be content fighting sentinels endlessly and rescuing many, many school buses and nunneries.

I feel like I've said this part a lot, but groups are not permanent. If people want to mix around, or leave a group to join another. If they want to converge or combine forces. All of this is possible. However, it feels to me like the more stable the groups are, the better the rp will work out. And, when the groups do change/mix, it will make the moments more exciting.

Also, it's the eighties, cheeky and fun is sort of encouraged.

Mechanics of Boards

This is how I envision it. Each group of x-men will have a few boards that belong to them. So, we had three groups of 4.  Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. Each group has multiple threads to work with. Then the mansion will have a few threads since it's the base of operation. And I'll keep some threads set aside for (if/when) groups combine.

Group threads(x3 - Alpha, Bravo, Charlie): (exclusively for PCs in that group.)
Main plot group scenes (used as the group sees fit: exploration, strategy, combat, travel, scenes of intrigue, etc.)
Sidecast group scenes (used when a few PCs in group are present but not all: drinking at the bar, 'sidequests', espionage, cooking, etc.)
Solo scenes (used for solo scenes within group as required.)

Mansion threads: (for use by all)
Xavier's Offices (colloquialism. These are scenes with NPC's at the mansion if they are desired to prepare characters for missions. scenes between PCs can happen here with NPCs in the room or not.)
The Mansion (used for any scene taking place at the mansion for general use, the sidecast thread at the mansion)
...Will include more if there is space...

Other Threads:
Erotic Thread (perhaps two of these if things get crazy)
Everywhere else (a thread designed for scenes that happen outside of the mansion that aren't related to x-men business)

I hope that makes as much sense to everyone else as it does to me.
Loves!

Doomsday

Sounds awesome! I've got Colossus pretty much finished, and am almost done with the Magik sheet.

Pumpkin Seeds

:: peeks ::

Is a Gambit woman acceptable?

Alias

Alias

Possible rogue player is talking to me off of E. She wants me to say this: possible rogue player.
Lol.
Consider the character tentatively reserved.

WhatLiesAbove