You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 24, 2018, 01:56:00 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: X-men: Imagination - Recruitment - Sandbox -  (Read 3402 times)

Offline AliasTopic starter

X-men: Imagination - Recruitment - Sandbox -
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:53:08 PM »

We've got lots of players, but we're still accepting more. Don't let the size of the thread scare ya off.

It’s a wild world out there. Volcanoes in Colombia are getting all biblical, route 66 is just, like, gone, kids are destroying their brains in front of nintendo machines and televisions, humans are mutating into superheroes, and chimpanzee’s are learning sign language. What a time to be alive! All jokes aside, though...

The mutant conflict really is the center of most discussions; mostly because they’re at each other’s throats. And when superheroes fight each other, bad stuff tends to happen. There is a triangular conflict in the world that super sucks, and reverberates through the entire population. Quietly, the ‘evolution of humanity’ has been picking up speed since the 1940’s. There was the founding of Charles Xavier’s school for the gifted in 1975, and the emergence of Erik Lehnsherr as Magneto in ‘79, the world has begun to cyclone into, like, total madness. Mutants hate other mutants. So, one half of the governments, and the senates, and stuff… They are trying to get along, working with Professor Xavier, and making peace. The rest are just, all about killing Magneto and the rest of us. Then, even regular people argue about it. No one can really agree, ya know.

Anyway. That’s the big picture stuff. I guess we’re really here more to focus on our path. We all have a journey that we’re on. It may not feel important yet, but in this world, it probably will be. There are a lot of us, now. what you all know as x-men. And, you might have these big ideas about how to use your powers and help out. You can; and like i said, probably will. Try not to think about the big picture stuff. Because, that changes. The things directly in front of you, that’s the stuff. That is where some mallrat from LA can become a hero. A well dressed, and still ultra cute hero.

Welcome! Let’s all thank Jubes for the commencement speech. If you missed any of that, or if it was too stylized to make any sense, this is a group rp set in 1986, and it revolves around the x-men. However, this isn’t your grandfather’s x-men rp. I’ve got something a little different in mind. The scope is going to be huge. It will be a sandbox style game with no borders, endless sandbox. The whole planet, the space around it, and the other dimensions to the side. Within reason. I’m not really taking anything off of the board besides Magneto and Xavier. I will be controlling those two for sure, along with many others as the game progresses, depending on what the players want to do.

Yes... let’s take a second. Lol

How? I’m mostly sure that you’re probably asking yourself that. ‘What a ridiculous claim.’ I have a plan, and I like this plan. Each of the following will be fully explained below; Players will be sectioned off into groups, sizes of 3-6, and everyone is a graduate at the school/trained elsewhere and serving as an x-man. Since the world is in chaos, there is much to be done, and characters will be expected to act.

The groups will be decided on by the players, the sizes of these groups will be decided by the players, and groups are free to change, intermingle, and combine forces if desired. When it comes to playing as an x-men, I expect it. I’ll be controlling NPC’s and antagonists. I am willing to accept students as characters, but only by exception. I would really like to see developed X-men in capable positions. In game, your character can pitch plans and battle tactics with Xavier if you want those scenes. Out of character, I’m fully expecting everyone to make decisions for themselves, or as a group. I can guide you all toward your goals and your decisions, though. I’m not trying to be lazy, just providing as much freedom as possible.

I’ll be making a lot of GM decisions along the way. I don’t particularly want to railroad players out of the sandbox. Every moment should feel alive, and energized. I’ll be a reactionary GM that supplies for the world around you. I want those moments of conflict bewtween player characters, and I want to explore their journies as they go about their incredible business. I will be accepting Canon characters, Original Characters, genderbent versions of canon characters, and other Marvel characters (re-imagined as mutants).

Depending on how many people are interested. I will adapt and adjust to the demands of the boards, the rp, and myself. I’ll drop a character sheet to use incase people feel like they have a grip on the concept. However, if you use it, just pm it to me, We'll save character reveal for later. This is just an interest thread, so I won’t provide any more answers without getting some questions and some players first. :)

Loves to all!
Thanks for reading!
Alias

Forbidden Characters

Erik Lehnsherr - Magneto - GM
Charles Xavier - GM
Mystique - GM
Madelyne Pryor - GM
Omega Mutants - Too powerful for game structure

Current Characters

(All names are links)
X-MEN RED
"Tidal Wave"
Rogue
Blink
Deadpool                         
Dragon
Hellion

SUPERSTAR
"Double Down"                         
Gates   
Familiar
Sage
Spiral
X-MEN PRIME
"Coyote"
The Hulk
Shadowcat                             
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Colossus
X-FORCE
"Foundation"
Magik                               
Furnace
Gambit
X-GENERATION
"Spotlight"                                 
Petra
Domino
Dazzler
NEW MUTANTS
"Ironbridge"                         
Boomer
Forge
Arc Knight
Icegirl

X-MEN ON ROSTER
Ambulance
Cannonball
Wild Thing
Nightcrawler
White Queen
Qiang Nuo
Luca Von Weiland
Mirage

CHARACTERS ON HIATUS
Maggot
Aurora
Wolverine

GAME INFORMATION

Timeline
? ? ? - Mystique is born. Unknown origin
1918 - Charles Xavier is born (68 in 1986)
1927 - Madelyne Pryor is found as a three year old child, abandoned and without parents. (62 in 1986)
1933 - Erik Lehnserr is born (53 in 1986)
1947 - Henry McCoy is born (39 in 1986)
1959 - Jubilation Lee is born (27 in 1986)
1965 - Charles Xavier begins to reside in his family home. And begins to recruit young mutants with exceptional talent to live in his home. Erik, Mystique, and Hank McCoy are included among his friends.
1968 - Cerebro is constructed, and Xavier’s mansion begins construction on lower levels.
1974 - Construction is completed
1975 - (January, the coming fall is his first class)Xavier turns his home into “Xavier’s school for Gifted Youngsters”
1975 - (February) Erik Mystique, Hank, and Xavier arrive in Portugal. While protecting the city of Porto from a mutant with destructive capacity. Erik and Mystique reach a boiling point with the other two. Charles is left paralyzed, and loses two of his closest friends.
1976 - (March) Madelyne Pryor finds Magneto, brings along some friends, joins his cause and suggests some strategy to him
1976 - (April) Sabastian Shaw is relieved of his helmet, and Erik Lehnsherr finds a way to protect himself from Charles Xavier
1979 - The Brotherhood emerges in force when Magneto tries to steal nuclear warheads from a cache in Houston, Texas. Charles and his team stop this from happening.
1986 - (December 13th) A saturday. Game start
1986 - (December 16th) A Tuesday. Xavier sends four squads out on operations across North America.

The seven years between the penultimate and last note here are roth with minor skirmishes, the formation of x-men teams, the acquisition of mutants on both sides (Brotherhood and X-men). If anyone wants this time period to be filled out completely, I will, but a lot of it will revolve around things in Character Sheets, and the rest will likely never be referenced.

Rules and Regulations...
  • Be respectful of other players.
  • Be respectful of other players.
  • If arguments must be had, please keep them out of the OOC.
  • Please PM me if someone is breaking either of the first two rules and I don't seem to notice. It means that I probably don't see it.
  • Two Characters per player. If you have two, they must be split into different squads.
  • Follow the Rules of Elliquiy.
  • Mission Focus - Players are expected to prioritize scenes within ‘Mission’ threads. No one should take more than three days to post in a mission. They are the focus of this rp, and it is common courtesy to reply in any group scene with some haste. Should a conflict arise, a player may ask to be skipped or request more time from their Squad. It is ultimately up to the Squad to decide whether this is acceptable or not but should it become a pattern then GM intervention may be looked into. After Five days, it is exceptionally rude. If exceedingly slow replies continue. That mission will be called in to the ‘GM office’ for questioning, and if required, that squad will be removed or refocused.
  • General Communication - There are only 4 current boards that will have the defined posting speed. If your muse isn’t cooperating with you, communicate with your team or your GM, and volunteer to be skipped. If it is a reoccurring issue, and your muse has given up on a mission. Communicate this as quickly as possible. Group interactions require more attention than solo scenes. Recognize this, and be respectful to your squad. Ignoring them is rude, and it breaks 4 different rules now, including the first two rules in the game.
  • Squad Communication - Players are expected to work with their squads internally. GM intervention in OOC squad politics should not be required for every internal conflict. Players picked these squads to encourage small group dynamics between characters. If you are unhappy in your squad, communicate to try and resolve these conflicts. If they can not be repaired, come to the GM (This should only be done after an attempt at an internal resolution).

Diligence and Duty...
  • I have 14 missions prepared for you all. Now, I didn't actually think up all of these. And, in the sense of the game, all of them are happening at the same time. So, there's no way you'll be able to get to all of them. Also, there will be more. I got a few ideas from some other players in this game as they were becoming interested and building characters. If you haven't pitched me any ideas. Pitch me some ideas. With the sheer volume of different choices, you may not get around to the idea that you pitch, but depending on what you and your team decide on pursuing, you might get to see it right away!!
  • The missions below will be chosen as a group. For now, I'm presenting them to give people an idea of what is in store. Each mission, while being tended to will dominate the groups activities, but it will move at whatever pace that group decides to move with. Not everyone in every group is forced to deal with the 'storyline'. Sidescenes and sideplots are encouraged and expected. But yeah, I'm sure I'm repeating myself at this point. Basically, keep being awesome, and everything will be just fine.
  • Form your teams!
    • Miniimum of 3 (more can be added)
    • Maximum of 6
    • If teams are formed, start talking about what kind of team you want to be, and how you want the game to work for you as a group.
  • A full list of characters I will be controlling: Erik Lehnsherr, Charles Xavier.
  • Jubilee and Beast will also be under my control until some one wants them
  • All of this will be moved to an information thread eventually (when it gets too big for one post)
  • Enlist your friends
  • If you can't figure out how to get into a team. Don't worry, I will fix that. I am a master. Just PM me, and magick will happen.
  • For down the line, if you can't decide on a mission. See above. Magick will happen
  • Check out these missions! (see spoiler below)

X-men Information Report
Global political Climate: Volatile, but no major wars between current countries. There is a quiet war of social agenda, Capotlism vs. Communism. Many of the smaller countries in the middle East, Africa, and South East Asia are fighting for independence, or quelling rebellions. The large powers in the world are funding and supporting these minor skirmishes. Many civil wars are raging, some as old as ten years into conflict. The Soviet war with Afghanistan is still teetering along, Irangate is happening with President Reagan in America. The European countries of France, Great Britain, and Italy are all involved with the Lebanese conflicts as well. All of this, under the major political issue of mutants in society.

Global response to Mutant population: Mixed. In the United States, Japan, France, and Great Britain; mutants are accepted as reasonable for the time being. However, In Spain, Italy, Greece, India, China, Australia, and Germany, there is an effort to create a solution to the global problem. Most other countries are somewhere in between, or unconcerned. There is a motion in the populations of The United Kingdom and America to assist with the cure for mutants. Russia has been remarkably unswayed in either direction.

Brotherhood movements: Magneto’s current location is unknown, but most of his brotherhood are circulating in British Columbia, Canada. His agents are difficult to locate, even through cerebro. Madelyne Pryor is likely cloaking them, but they seem to be operating out of a cavern East of Vancouver.

The Missions

Peacekeeping Operations:
(offered by governments around the world to incorporate mutants into society)

“Gateways”
Minnesota
A high security U.S. Government science lab is hidden in the forest. The research and programs inside are classified. The reason for their security is unknown.
Task: Protect the facility and exercise tact. Possible test of allegiance

“Spearhead”
Armero, Colombia
A recent volcanic eruption completely destroyed the town and thousands died. It would be completely acceptable for the x-men to arrive and assist if possible.
Task: Assist where needed

“Tidal Wave”

Bering Strait
There is a line of modern pirates in cargo ships moving illegal weapons and drugs from Asia to North America.
Task: The criminals are to be apprehended with minimal casualties. Confiscate cargo if possible.

“Masonry”

Saint-Gaultier, France
The construction of a large courthouse is planned in the small town. They have asked for assistance in the building of the structure, interested in seeing the capability of mutants when assisting with regular tasks of a community
Task: Help build the courthouse however possible. Maintain absolute peace.

“Parade”
Los Angeles, California
A suggestion made by the governor of California. And a bit of a publicity stunt. The Los Angeles mall security team is willing to offer their jobs for a few days off to the x-men as a public appearance. The X-men are to keep the peace at the mall.
Task: Be useful and have fun.

Operations of Mutant Interest:

“Foundation”
London, England
Three mutants have been robbing banks all over Great Britain. Their powers are equally powerful and practical. One is a teleporter, another can melt metal with his saliva, and the third can put people to sleep by singing any song. They’re becoming a serious problem.
Task: Not only to locate the bank robbers, but to maintain control and improve relations in England.

“Coyote”
Las Vegas, Nevada
A very powerful young mutant has just surfaced in the desert outside of Las Vegas. She is an innocent teen with incredible powers. We have reason to believe that Magneto is sending agents to recruit her. She is capable of memory control, by use of touch, she can grant unlived memories to a person, or remove memories that a person has. Latent telepathic power is suspected.
Task: Track her down and protect her from Magneto’s Brotherhood.

“Hot Springs”
Colorado Springs, Colorado.
A preacher in a Baptist church has declared himself a prophet. He has declared that mutants are demonic beings sent to take Earth from God. His congregation as turned menacing. It is confirmed that the Preacher is a mutant. He clearly displays an ability to hypnotize people, his methods, and the specifics of his power are unknown.
Task: To peacefully acquire the preacher, and assess his level of danger.

“Ironbridge”
New York, New York
A powerful hatred for mutantkind is at work in a massive warehouse on the outskirts of the city. Dr. Bolivar Trask is an Engineer with a large contract from private investors. He aims to build a machine that hunts and destroys mutants. He is making breakthroughs and picking up steam.
Task: To make contact with Dr. Trask, and halt the creation of his death machines

“Atrocity”
Caserta, Italy
A local jail has been converted into some form of internment camp for mutants. In operation for almost a year, four mutants have recently escaped from their confines. It was a bloody affair, and it’s only made hostilities against mutantkind in the area more heated.
Task: Damage control, to find the escaped mutants and either give them an option of cooperation, or apprehend them peacefully for assessment by Prof. Xavier

“Double-Down”
Coos Bay, Oregon
Immigrants from France have moved to Oregon, and their daughter is a serious problem. The young mutant isn’t particularly powerful, but she is a walking nightmare, and a local legend is starting to brew into a hate campaign for mutants. The young girl is capable of looking like a number of different monsters.
Task: To make contact with the young mutant, and offer boarding at the mansion. Rescue the parents and the local town that is stuck in a horror movie.

“Spirits”

Vancouver, B.C.
Magneto is suspected to be located in the area. His suspected headquarters is not likely the only location of interest there. Mystique is often located within two miles of the cavern, and typically is directly within it. More of the brotherhood comes and goes.
Task: Reconnaissance. Gather information, do not make contact, return.

“Spotlight”
Changing Location
A popular rockstar is in danger. The person of interest is a hidden mutant, and aims to keep it that way. However, the life of this musician is in danger. A group of rogue mutants are hunting this person with the intention to out the celebrity while s/he is in a country that would arrest or kill the suspect.
Task: to eliminate the threat, non-lethal conflict is ideal. But the safety of the celebrity’s life and secret is priority.

“Thunderbolt”
Camelback Mountain, Pennsylvania
A mysterious duo of mutants have set up an operation on the Pocono Plateau. We cannot identify the specific nature of these mutants. They are wise, well hidden, difficult to focus on, and powerful.  With the use of cerebro, these two can be identified as one man and one woman. They most definitely come from another plane of existence. Age is undefinable, alpha level mutations.
Task: make contact and acquire information. Prepare for the worst.

Forbidden Characters

Erik Lehnsherr - Magneto - GM
Charles Xavier - GM
Mystique - GM
Madelyne Pryor - GM
Omega Mutants - Too powerful for game structure

CHARACTER SHEET
Code: [Select]
[floatright][center][img height=400 padding=5]main photo here (animated/real actor)[/img]
[img height=100 padding=5]secondary photo[/img][img height=100 padding=5]secondary photo[/img][img height=100 padding=5]secondary photo[/img][/center][/floatright]

[b][u]BASIC INFO:[/u][/b]
[b]Legal Name:[/b]
[b]Codename/Nickname/Aliases:[/b]
[b]Citizenship and other legal info:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] (x-men is suggested by application, anything else?)
[b]Education:[/b]

[hr]
[b][u]PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:[/u][/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b] 1
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]General Appearance:[/b] (differences from photos? description of body/face/clothing style)

[b][u]OTHER INFORMATION:[/u][/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b]
[b]Wealth Level:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b][u]STATS:[/u][/b] (distribute 40 points among the following stats. We won't be using a system, but I would like a fairly specific idea of what these characters are capable of in case we need a dice roll to solve something. Ten is max, 0-3 is poor, 4-6 is mediocre, 7-9 is exceptional.

[color=blue]Fighting:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Agility:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Strength: [/color] 00 - [color=blue]Endurance:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Reason:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Intuition:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Psyche:[/color] 00

[u][b]POWERS:[/b][/u] (limit of total 'powers' is five for original characters. Basically, don't get silly with it.)
[i]POWER[/i] - (description of power)
[i]POWER[/i] - (description of power)

[u][b]ADVANTAGES:[/b][/u] (limit of total 'advantages' is ten for original characters. Examples of advantages: Noble, perceptive, knows multiple languages, brave, detail oriented, willful, charismatic, etc.
[i]ADVANTAGE[/i] - (description of advantage)

[b][u]DISADVANTAGES:[/b] (also known as character flaws. Wolverine is brutish and unfriendly, Cyclops can't use his eyes, Xavier can't walk, and Rogue can't touch anyone. All characters need flaws and shortcomings, torture your creation!! It's fun. Minimum of two for all characters, more is suggested.)
[i]DISADVANTAGE[/i] - (description of disadvantage)

[u][b]SKILLS:[/u] (limit of five for original characters. These are capabilities outside of advantages and powers. Trained skills that took practice and dedication to master. These will usually be referenced to in history below, since it's impossible to learn a skill without spending some time doing it.)
[i]SKILL:[/i] - (description of skill/ how it was learned/ or why it's important)
[i]SKILL:[/i] - (description of skill/ how it was learned/ or why it's important)

[b][u]HISTORY:[/u][/b]

(the story of your X-man)

[b][u]OTHER NOTES:[/u][/b] (anything else?)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:32:58 AM by Alias »

Offline RedPhoenix

Re: X-men: Imagination - Interest Thread - Sandbox
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 12:07:50 AM »
80s X-Men?!?! Oh god I am so interested!!!!

Gonna sleep on who I can play as though. Ahhhhh excite! :D

Online Orange Marmalade

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 12:20:17 AM »
Interest piqued!

Any characters or powers or anything off limits aside from the two mentioned?

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 12:25:33 AM »

80s X-Men?!?! Oh god I am so interested!!!!

Gonna sleep on who I can play as though. Ahhhhh excite! :D

Oooo! Hi love, happy to have ya!

Interest piqued!

Any characters or powers or anything off limits aside from the two mentioned?

Ahh yeet!
As of right now, not really. I figure that no one will try to write as Apocalypse. It should be said that all Omega level mutant characters will likely be rejected. If they are there, then I have to raise the scales right away, and then lower power mutants will have less to do. So yeah.

Omega level mutants are pretty much out of the question.
Thank you for the most excellent of inquiries, good man!

Offline indarkestknight

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 01:02:33 AM »
I have always wanted the chance to write in a comics setting with you... *rubs chin thoughtfully*

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • "Shepard-Commander" - Legion ME2
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 01:08:58 AM »
SHIT! 80s mohawk Storm!!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 01:15:43 AM »
I have always wanted the chance to write in a comics setting with you... *rubs chin thoughtfully*

Hopefully, this works out well for everyone! I won't be controlling any specific PC though.

SHIT! 80s mohawk Storm!!!!

yay! Welcome!

Offline Gilgameshian

• The (Not Actually) King of Heroes
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Behold my Gate of Infinite Stories Mongrel!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 01:19:53 AM »
You know, I always say I could use more X-Men RPs...Okay, I don't say that but I'm going to pretend I do and think about who could be cool to play.

Offline yaracyrrah

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 10:07:49 AM »
Count me in :).

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 11:10:31 AM »
Ooo! New faces too! Nice to meet you two! And welcome.
*Presents a pot of coffee and freshly boiled bagels*
If anyone has any questions or suggestions. I'm doing open door policy stuff for sure. I'm always available, here, or in pm.

Loves, and happy Friday!!

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »
I keep saying I need less games....

Crap, who am I kidding? I'm in!

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 11:21:08 AM »
I keep saying I need less games....

Crap, who am I kidding? I'm in!

Ruh ro! *Heart palpitations*
Jsw is here!

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »
Wherever JSW and Alias go, I go, so consider me interested. Thinking Peter & Illyana Rasputin as my two characters ::)

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
The boys are back in town!

Offline Gilgameshian

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »
Currently I'm thinking of either playing Julian Keller/Hellion or maybe a Genderbent Sage.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
Gawd there are so many choices I'm paralyzed by all the options! :D

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 11:50:05 AM »
Currently I'm thinking of either playing Julian Keller/Hellion or maybe a Genderbent Sage.

Both very interesting characters, if anyone would like to brainstorm ideas with me, I'm happy to do that.

Also, I sort of enjoy hunting faceclaims, so if anyone is having trouble with that, I can be of service

Hehe. You're definitely not alone there.

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 12:06:36 PM »

Hehe. You're definitely not alone there.

No you are not! I can't decide either!
Though having too many good choices is probably the best problem to have :D

EDIT: Okay, My first character is gonna be Cyclops!
Young, still unsure of himself, more comfortable as a soldier than an actual human being, cyclops
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:35:32 PM by JamesSureWould »

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 01:07:59 PM »
Oh. Note! Two characters per player to start, but with one stipulation, the two characters cannot be on the same squad together.

Continue

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 02:35:35 PM »
I just retconned the year. Typo. I meant to have it in 1986 the whole time, and the year never changed from my rough draft. Sorries!!! Figured I'd fix that now.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 08:17:23 PM »
Okay, how about Spiral? :D

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 11:34:00 PM »
Okay, how about Spiral? :D

I don't see why not, but that's a tricky sheet right from the start, from another dimension, has a complicated relationship with humans, an unfinished storyline, and traditionally an antagonist. If you want to try and tackle that, go for it!

If it feels like you want a totally different backstory, I'd say, find what you like about Spiral, and maybe apply that to an Original Character?

Its your call! :)
Furreals though, that looks like a tough character sheet to write, lol. If you decide to do it, I wish you the best of luck!

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 11:45:41 PM »
Well if you're okay with me playing her the rest is my problem. :D

Offline WhatLiesAbove

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »
I'm calling dibs on Blink!

Offline himawari

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »
INTERESTED!

I have an OC  I can use too

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »

I'm calling dibs on Blink!

Ooo! Hi WLA!!!

INTERESTED!

I have an OC  I can use too

OC's are definitely allowed. Welcome to the party!

Offline Josh Arcanum

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
Very much interested.  More than likely gonna bring in either Blackout or Medusa.  And possibly someone else if I don't use them both.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 06:19:58 PM »
-Coughs.- Debating an oc or Laura Kinney, if she's playable... Don't hold either for me. My life is kind of a little busy at the moment so I'm still not sure if I'll be able to join at this point. ^^;

Offline Jag

• Liege - They/Them Pronouns - Alpha Raptor - Murdoc - Scully - Spooder Jag - Skitter Bug - Little Nightmare
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • We're indestructible, even when we're tired.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 07:54:51 PM »
*flails*

I don't know who I would want to play?!

Toad, Quinn (my OC mutant), Tommy, Caliban, or Maggot.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »
I'm...quite interested to see how you play Maggot tbh.

Offline Jag

• Liege - They/Them Pronouns - Alpha Raptor - Murdoc - Scully - Spooder Jag - Skitter Bug - Little Nightmare
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
You've not been in a game where I play Maggot? I play each of the slugs too. Only Maggot can understand what they are saying, but I write out their internal monologue. They both have names and personalities. ^^

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »
No, no I have not seen this. It sounds incredible. O.o

I'm going to be playing Spiral as a sort of de-powered version from the comics on a probationary status with the X-Men as Xavier sees if he can help her figure out her past, if that help your decision at all! :)

Offline Gilgameshian

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 08:09:58 PM »
I'm hoping to have (Male) Sage done by tomorrow night. Julian will take a little longer but I'm gunning to run the both of them.

Offline Jag

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 08:10:57 PM »
Might go ahead with Maggot. Need to find a nice picture though.

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 08:23:34 PM »
Good to see things heating up. Gonna keep things non formal for a bit longer, wait for some more sheets to show up in my inbox, and then we'll start taking steps toward IC.

Thanks everyone for coming to play in my space!!!

Amarlo, noted. Both of those ideas are fine, but I won't hold them for you. :)

Offline Jag

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »
Got Maggott sent in. :D

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »
I might be interested...

Offline yaracyrrah

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 05:02:47 AM »
My first idea won't work and I don't have another idea yet.  Still thinking but I'm downgraded to Questionable.

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 05:29:02 AM »
I'm here to help if need be. :)
good luck to all with creative flowage.

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 10:10:23 PM »
I've thought about it and if you'll have me Ah'm dusting off mah southern accent for Sam Guthrie. Also probably driving the spell check nuts... Not sure about anyone else though yet perhaps dusting off Ragnar the Bloody or Billie Jean.

A question though? How is pop culture being handled? Just all music being there or am I going to have to try and remember what I was listening to back in the 80's?

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 10:11:16 PM »
*bounces up and down* 80s music!!! :D

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »
Well Master of Puppets and Slippery When Wet are a safe bet...

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 11:11:03 PM »
oh yeah, this is 'eightiesed out'
The clothes hunting for posts should be the most fun part of the whole game for everyone
:p

but yeah. This is awesome. Loving the creativity from everyone so far!

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 11:21:52 PM »
So I've decided on an OC this time around. I'll be slowly working on her. I'm going to be a bit slower than usual, things are a little hectic on my end. Haha

Also I'd like to faceclaim Park Hye Min, if I could? ^^;
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:38:40 PM by Amarlo »

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »
Format Information

Hello everyone! I was a little nuanced when I went over the format of the game in the original post, and I was expecting more questions about how this was all going to work. I haven't gotten very many, so I'll try to explain it as easily as possible. It's a little non-traditionally, but I have a lot of confidence. If this is difficult to understand, or if it suddenly feels like this isn't the right game for you, just let me know, and we'll sort it out either way in any case. PMs or in here, wherever you're comfortable, I am too. So, this is currently the plan... It might change, so I'm accepting feedback and suggestions. I don't plan on incorporating every piece of advice I get. But, I'll listen to anything for a little while. :)

Hypothetical
Let's pretend we have twelve Player characters (small numbers will help, I think we'll have more than this)
Those twelve players split into three subgroups of four players. Each of these groups are squads of x-men. (size of groups can vary).

From that point, obviously, the center of operation is the mansion. But in this setting, the x-men have a lot to take care of, and Xavier (me) will be forcing groups out to accomplish tasks. However, the players can have their characters do anything. I am keeping the train running, but it doesn't have any tracks.

The Goal
I like the idea of having heroes out on missions without ever making it feel like there is an event happening. IC urgency ramped up, OOC pressure on players scaled down. The smaller groups are free to do solo scenes, move at their own pace, and interact freely among each other. While one group might be able to defeat three of Magneto's henchmen in two RL months. Another group might be lost in the jungle trying to find themselves while they track down a mysterious telepath. And another might be content fighting sentinels endlessly and rescuing many, many school buses and nunneries.

I feel like I've said this part a lot, but groups are not permanent. If people want to mix around, or leave a group to join another. If they want to converge or combine forces. All of this is possible. However, it feels to me like the more stable the groups are, the better the rp will work out. And, when the groups do change/mix, it will make the moments more exciting.

Also, it's the eighties, cheeky and fun is sort of encouraged.

Mechanics of Boards

This is how I envision it. Each group of x-men will have a few boards that belong to them. So, we had three groups of 4.  Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. Each group has multiple threads to work with. Then the mansion will have a few threads since it's the base of operation. And I'll keep some threads set aside for (if/when) groups combine.

Group threads(x3 - Alpha, Bravo, Charlie): (exclusively for PCs in that group.)
Main plot group scenes (used as the group sees fit: exploration, strategy, combat, travel, scenes of intrigue, etc.)
Sidecast group scenes (used when a few PCs in group are present but not all: drinking at the bar, 'sidequests', espionage, cooking, etc.)
Solo scenes (used for solo scenes within group as required.)

Mansion threads: (for use by all)
Xavier's Offices (colloquialism. These are scenes with NPC's at the mansion if they are desired to prepare characters for missions. scenes between PCs can happen here with NPCs in the room or not.)
The Mansion (used for any scene taking place at the mansion for general use, the sidecast thread at the mansion)
...Will include more if there is space...

Other Threads:
Erotic Thread (perhaps two of these if things get crazy)
Everywhere else (a thread designed for scenes that happen outside of the mansion that aren't related to x-men business)

I hope that makes as much sense to everyone else as it does to me.
Loves!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:51:45 PM by Alias »

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
Sounds awesome! I've got Colossus pretty much finished, and am almost done with the Magik sheet.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »
:: peeks ::

Is a Gambit woman acceptable?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:56:21 PM by Pumpkin Seeds »

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »
:: peeks ::

Is a Gambit woman acceptable?

Abso-fucking-lutely
Excited to see this!

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »
Possible rogue player is talking to me off of E. She wants me to say this: possible rogue player.
Lol.
Consider the character tentatively reserved.

Offline WhatLiesAbove

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
When did you want us to put up CS'?

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2017, 09:18:05 PM »
When did you want us to put up CS'?

I think we're just supposed to PM them to Alias

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:00 PM »
I think we're just supposed to PM them to Alias

yuhp, that's the current protocol. This is the only thread in regards to the game so far. More stuff coming soon, we're gathering a lot of attention.

Offline Gilgameshian

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 12:14:29 AM »
Question: How should we treat characters that haven't been selected yet? For example, if I wanted to say that (like in the comics) that Hellion had gotten some mentoring from Emma Frost would that be okay? Or should I stray away from that and keep anything like that to basically Xavier since he's pretty much the NPC we can count on to have been there?

If that makes sense.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »
Fighting: 00 - Agility: 00 - Strength: 00 - Endurance: 00 - Reason: 00 - Intuition: 00 - Psyche: 00

So I have a question about the above. Can you define them as they would contribute towards the game/character? Like what sort of things they'd be used for? Etc? Please and thank you. ^^;

Offline WilyRiley

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 12:25:02 AM »
*poofs in*
I'm working on a Rogue CS, as well as a Kitty CS.
Might get them done tonight, if not..for sure tomorrow. With enough poking and prodding ^^

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 02:13:38 AM »
Question: How should we treat characters that haven't been selected yet? For example, if I wanted to say that (like in the comics) that Hellion had gotten some mentoring from Emma Frost would that be okay? Or should I stray away from that and keep anything like that to basically Xavier since he's pretty much the NPC we can count on to have been there?

If that makes sense.

feel free to use these figures as NPCs, but do your best to focus on your character in their history, and how the story effects them. If conflicts emerge as more people join, we'll handle those case by case

So I have a question about the above. Can you define them as they would contribute towards the game/character? Like what sort of things they'd be used for? Etc? Please and thank you. ^^;
Fighting: ability to do physical combat
Agility: overall dexterity involving flexibility, acrobatics, and reflexes
Strength: Physical srength
Endurance: Ability to take damage, and the constitution of the characters physical body
Reason: Ability to solve problems, effectiveness of brain, puzzle solving (education does not always come into play)
Intuition: Consider this as luck, or ability to sense danger and omens. Some characters tend to be in the right place at the right time. Others are the exact opposite.
Psyche: Two fold, 1.) Psychic ability: Telepathy, telekensis, empathic sense, illusions, etc. 2.) Sanity, the lower it is, the less sane the character is

All of these stat points are here for reference, and since everyone has the same number of points, it's about figuring out how players intend to use their character. Very rarely will these stats be used. I don't expect there to be much player vs. player scenes, and I'm not using a system. So, it's almost ceremonial, but it also helps me suss out how characters will be played ahead of time.

*poofs in*
I'm working on a Rogue CS, as well as a Kitty CS.
Might get them done tonight, if not..for sure tomorrow. With enough poking and prodding ^^

yay, hi!

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2017, 02:25:33 AM »
Thanks for the run down! ^^

Offline Ace Flyer

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 02:56:05 AM »
*plops in flag*

Deadpool CS in the works!

Edit: And a tentative Jean Grey.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:35:03 AM by Ace Flyer »

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2017, 03:04:27 AM »
Thanks for the run down! ^^

no probs!!

*plops in flag*

Deadpool CS in the works!

welcome love!!!

I should be putting up an ooc and a character sheet thread tonight or the day after. With that in mind, I would ask people to refrain from committing to groups just yet. I would like to have most characters with finished character sheets before we start to partition the group into multiple groups.

You all are amazing! If anyone has submitted a CS, I'll be sending you PM's about some big picture stuff to get a good sense of the larger group. I'll be keeping this thread going, but get excite, we're making the steps. We're doing it!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:07:56 AM by Alias »

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2017, 01:44:29 PM »
Side note! -Waves to the people she knows and doesn't know.- I look forward to plotting with all of you. ^^

Offline Jag

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2017, 05:27:25 PM »
I'm excited to see everyone's characters. ^^

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 12:15:14 AM »

It's happening!!!!!
It's happening.

The threads are up, if you have an approved character and a character sheet for them, you can join both threads and enjoy yourself. Only post characters in the CS thread, and only OOC stuff in the OOC thread. Loves to all!!

Character Thread

Out of Chracter Thread

EDIT: More are welcome. The launch is not a cut off for new players, and the IC threads are still waiting to come out. Be sure to check the first thread, it's pretty massive now.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:47:57 AM by Alias »

Offline Sasquatch421

Re: X-men: Imagination - Recruitment - Sandbox -
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2017, 11:03:32 AM »
I'm getting closer to being finished with Cannonball. Should have him sent later today... Last night lost the net for some reason so started binging American Gods.

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »
I'm getting closer to being finished with Cannonball. Should have him sent later today... Last night lost the net for some reason so started binging American Gods.

sounds good! :)

Offline yuki92

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2017, 12:28:49 AM »
I'm going to join in, Icegirl is on the way~

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:58 AM »
that all sounds good to me. We still have space, fitting the right squads together with late comers might be tricky, but I'm sure I can find a way to make it work. :)

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
Alias running a game, I know it's pure gold *smiles*

I'm interested if there is still room. I imagine by now you have your teams fairly well set. I have no chosen character or concept yet at this point, and if you're not accepting new people that's cool too.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and the turkey didn't turn out to be Mystique in disguise and she murdered everyone! :)

Amanda

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »
Yay, AW! *hugs*

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

I'm interested if there is still room. I imagine by now you have your teams fairly well set. I have no chosen character or concept yet at this point, and if you're not accepting new people that's cool too.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and the turkey didn't turn out to be Mystique in disguise and she murdered everyone! :)

Amanda

Oh my!!! AW! Hi!
You are welcome to join. It's never too late for this rp. I'll do my best to add a list of characters that are taken. For now, I'll link you to our character thread and our info thread, there's a list of characters there and the current squads

info thread
character thread

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2017, 01:20:44 PM »
OMG, I went through your Character Thread and there are a lot of people in this game! *grins* I see a lot of familiar faces too, so *waves to you all, using both arms since there are so many*

Well, before I pour through character names to choose someone, I'll just ask ... is there anyone on a team right now who is really jonesing for a particular female character to sign up? It might be easier if I filled a hole that's already in need. And I didn't mean that to sound sexual at all (actually, I lied, I did hehe).

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
OMG, I went through your Character Thread and there are a lot of people in this game! *grins* I see a lot of familiar faces too, so *waves to you all, using both arms since there are so many*

Well, before I pour through character names to choose someone, I'll just ask ... is there anyone on a team right now who is really jonesing for a particular female character to sign up? It might be easier if I filled a hole that's already in need. And I didn't mean that to sound sexual at all (actually, I lied, I did hehe).

Hmm, I know dame was interested in playing Storm, but I haven't seen her mention it since. Storm would be important to Illyana's background. Otherwise, nobody I can think of. Emma Frost mayhaps?

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2017, 05:05:40 PM »
Adding to what dooms said, I don't think so. I can poll the ooc if ya want. :P
But for the most part, I think new characters are pretty much an open roster.

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 05:12:52 PM »

Amanda

AW!!!

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2017, 06:30:32 PM »
AW!!!

James! *grins*

It's good to see you and the rest of the old gang. You're the best bunch of storytellers, and people, I've ever run across here :)

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 06:47:20 PM »
Can't wait to play with you again :)

Online Batman4560

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2017, 07:36:24 PM »
Is this group still open? If so is there a page that has a list of groups? There is a lot here to digest!

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
Is this group still open? If so is there a page that has a list of groups? There is a lot here to digest!

Yuhp. I'm still accepting new characters. But I'm not sure what type of information you're looking for, a list of the X-Men squads that have already formed? Or a full list of characters? Something else? Here's a link to the information thread (bottom of this post), there's a section in the original post there that has all of the characters and squads. If you were hunting for other stuff, it should be in there too. If not, let me know, I'm sure I can answer your questions. :)

information thread

Online Batman4560

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »
Yuhp. I'm still accepting new characters. But I'm not sure what type of information you're looking for, a list of the X-Men squads that have already formed? Or a full list of characters? Something else? Here's a link to the information thread (bottom of this post), there's a section in the original post there that has all of the characters and squads. If you were hunting for other stuff, it should be in there too. If not, let me know, I'm sure I can answer your questions. :)

information thread

Awesome and that was exactly what I needed! I just wanted to see what sorts of characters you had in the group before I settled on something. Turns out the character I wanted to write is already covered here so now I have to see what I can come up with. :)

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »
Alright, I'd like to toss Emma Frost into the mix if that works with everyone. Before I make up a character sheet, I'll just pause a moment to see if there is any feedback to this idea.

Thankyall :)

Offline Gilgameshian

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2017, 05:36:29 PM »
Works for me. As a side note, I'm playing Hellion and I actually have Emma Frost as his (former?) mentor when he was a newbie to the X-Men. More than up to talk about that. Didn't know we'd be getting an Emma but that only makes it better :)

Offline Ace Flyer

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »
Alright, I'd like to toss Emma Frost into the mix if that works with everyone. Before I make up a character sheet, I'll just pause a moment to see if there is any feedback to this idea.

Thankyall :)

Emma Frost? AmandaWho!?

Very okay with this idea ^^ Poke me if you want to set up anything with Jean or Wade once/if/when you get her submitted and into the game!

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »
Works for me. As a side note, I'm playing Hellion and I actually have Emma Frost as his (former?) mentor when he was a newbie to the X-Men. More than up to talk about that. Didn't know we'd be getting an Emma but that only makes it better :)

I noticed that on your character sheet, it's one thing that sold me on Emma, having that tie in :)

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »
Emma Frost? AmandaWho!?

Very okay with this idea ^^ Poke me if you want to set up anything with Jean or Wade once/if/when you get her submitted and into the game!

Groovy :)

And hello, Ace! :)

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2017, 05:55:38 PM »
Okay, sooo .... no one thinks Emma is too powerful? Omega level telepath, indestructible diamond coating, strength to match when in diamond form (I think, on this last one ... not sure).

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2017, 05:56:27 PM »
Glowing recommendations! Emma frost fits in well, and I pat myself on the back for keeping her away from the brotherhood as a GM NPC.

She is too powerful, we'll just say she's an alpha level mutant and Nerf her wherever you're comfortable nerfing her.
Excited to see your sheet, girly!!!

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2017, 05:58:39 PM »
Glowing recommendations! Emma frost fits in well, and I pat myself on the back for keeping her away from the brotherhood as a GM NPC.

She is too powerful, we'll just say she's an alpha level mutant and Nerf her wherever you're comfortable nerfing her.
Excited to see your sheet, girly!!!

Sounds good! I have no problem dropping her power level down some pegs and kneecapping her when the occasion calls for it. I'm not too keen on playing people who are untouchable, so that works well for me.

I will sheet her up and get 'er rolling soon :)

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »

Sounds good! I have no problem dropping her power level down some pegs and kneecapping her when the occasion calls for it. I'm not too keen on playing people who are untouchable, so that works well for me.

I will sheet her up and get 'er rolling soon :)

*Super loud squee*

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
Emma Frost is my queen, so hell yes.

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2017, 11:24:26 PM »
I like Emma Frost.
I Like AW.
These are two great tastes that go great together!

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2017, 01:46:56 AM »
I like Emma Frost.
I Like AW.
These are two great tastes that go great together!

A frosty AW tastes great with ice cream, too *grins*

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2017, 01:51:21 AM »
A frosty AW tastes great with ice cream, too *grins*

OOO!! Like this?

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2017, 02:29:54 AM »

Offline VoluptuousVixen

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2017, 03:22:38 AM »
Is lorna dane free?

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2017, 03:38:12 AM »
Is lorna dane free?

Yes she is. Her canon background fits pretty well too with the setting I've set up. Since she's directly related to the main antagonist, I can help you sort out the specifics of the history.

Offline VoluptuousVixen

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2017, 04:11:27 AM »
I was thinking of taking insperation from her tv version.

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2017, 04:42:43 AM »
I was thinking of taking insperation from her tv version.

I haven't seen her tv version. But I think it's important to play her defensively, I could be convinced otherwise, but I'll take a look in any case!!
Good to see you!!

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2017, 05:29:47 PM »
I'm about halfway done with my Emma character sheet. She has so many abilities and so much complicated history! If it's okay, I will likely simplify her a bit ... make her a bit less powerful and streamline her past. I won't change anything fundamental, and of course A will give me the final word.

Okay ... *starts cranking up the Emmafrost-A-Matic again ... *

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »
I'm about halfway done with my Emma character sheet. She has so many abilities and so much complicated history! If it's okay, I will likely simplify her a bit ... make her a bit less powerful and streamline her past. I won't change anything fundamental, and of course A will give me the final word.

Yeah, emma is a character that you're probably better to simplify alittle bit lol. If you need help, let me know!

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2017, 05:54:30 PM »
Yeah, emma is a character that you're probably better to simplify alittle bit lol. If you need help, let me know!

Oh, are you itching to get your fingers on Emma Frost, James? *grins big*

Online Batman4560

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
You keep her out of Logan's weak mind!

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »

Absolutely. Encouraged. The timeline is different in this game than it is in canon, so a lot of canon events haven't happened. Powering down, always good, encourages teamwork, conflict, and creativity.

Good luck, love!!!

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »
Oh, are you itching to get your fingers on Emma Frost, James? *grins big*

Emma Frost and cyclops is one of my favorite pairings. So make of that what you will :p

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »
Goddamn.

God damn.

80's X-Men?

Seriously?

Alias, baby, you gonna do me like that?

*gets ticket for that X-Men train*

Fasten your seatbelts, kids...

Gonna be a helluva ride.

Oh! Also, if anyone was interested in seeing Magneto summon the fucking Brood, as well as Omega Red and Wolverine going Super Saiyan...

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:15:34 PM by Giantmutantcrab »

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
Goddamn.

God damn.

80's X-Men?

Seriously?

Alias, baby, you gonna do me like that?

*gets ticket for that X-Men train*

Fasten your seatbelts, kids...

Gonna be a helluva ride.

Oh! Also, if anyone was interested in seeing Magneto summon the fucking Brood, as well as Omega Red and Wolverine going Super Saiyan...

hehe! Good to see you my lovely king crab!!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2017, 08:31:22 PM »
Alias, you beautiful mastermind.

So... Since I've come late to the party (as is my habit), the first drafts have been picked. I am relieved to know that my first pick, Cyclops, is in good hands.

I am sad that I won't be able to charm the ladies with Gambit's smooth french accent, chère. But a genderbent Gambit is going to be very interesting to watch.

Now I just need to go through the entire X-Men roster to figure out who I want to play.

See you next year.

If anyone has any suggestions of what this game needs, please tell me! ...Please? :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:32:53 PM by Giantmutantcrab »

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »
Alias, you beautiful mastermind.

So... Since I've come late to the party (as is my habit), the first drafts have been picked. I am relieved to know that my first pick, Cyclops, is in good hands.

I am sad that I won't be able to charm the ladies with Gambit's smooth french accent, chère. But a genderbent Gambit is going to be very interesting to watch.

Would James Proudstar, the X-Man known as Warpath, be available for play? Or would a multi-powered mutant with super strength/speed/stamina/everything be too much?

Also! I see many faces of times past. I greet you all and I am very happy to see you all again.

Also, also! I see many people I have never met before! Hello and hi there, a pleasure to meet you all.

Proudstar functions just fine, but yeah, I would avoid his encounter with Nicholas Cage and his trainer um... Pete Wisdom, those two encounters added powers to a set of skills that were already very strong and functional. He could become more powerful IC, but best to start as a blossoming mutant than a mega-trained bamf

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2017, 08:43:46 PM »
Proudstar functions just fine, but yeah, I would avoid his encounter with Nicholas Cage and his trainer um... Pete Wisdom, those two encounters added powers to a set of skills that were already very strong and functional. He could become more powerful IC, but best to start as a blossoming mutant than a mega-trained bamf

Nah, you know what... There is plenty of muy macho muscle men on board already. That section is covered more then adequately.

How about a real blast of the 80's past? Complete with spray-net coated mullet?

How about it, boss-lady? Are you ready to give it a...

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:52 PM »
Nah, you know what... There is plenty of muy macho muscle men on board already. That section is covered more then adequately.

How about a real blast of the 80's past? Complete with spray-net coated mullet?

How about it, boss-lady? Are you ready to give it a...

I would be done for that if he DIDN'T have probability manipulation, we already have Domino, and thats a tricky power as it is for play by post rps, I'd be worried if we had multiple probablity mutations in the x-men.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2017, 08:50:17 PM »
I would be done for that if he DIDN'T have probability manipulation, we already have Domino, and thats a tricky power as it is for play by post rps, I'd be worried if we had multiple probablity mutations in the x-men.

Hmm.

True that.

...Well then, perhaps a classic?

« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »
Hmm.

True that.

...Well then, perhaps a classic?

Angel is a minor exception at the moment. I won't go into why, but I have some plans with him. Later on down the road, it might be a good 2nd character, but atm, he is unfortunately off the shelf. I'm starting to feel bad. lol. Even if he were available, I would also ask him not to be arch-angel, so he would be powered down as well.
the other two are much better options than Warren atm.

Online Batman4560

« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »
Crab, roll with Quicksilver, also I almost posted Crap instead of crab five times.

Offline AmandaWho

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2017, 09:23:47 PM »
Crab, roll with Quicksilver, also I almost posted Crap instead of crab five times.

Craptain America? :)

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2017, 06:07:02 AM »
o______________o

...Can I play Steve, the high-school dropout who works at the laundromat the X-Men go to for their uniforms? :-)

Offline Sun Wukong

« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2017, 06:30:34 AM »
o______________o

...Can I play Steve, the high-school dropout who works at the laundromat the X-Men go to for their uniforms? :-)

Play Steve from Stranger Things with mutant hair-powers.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2017, 08:14:19 AM »
Play Steve from Stranger Things with mutant hair-powers.

Craptain America? :)

You two are not helping.

Offline Sun Wukong

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2017, 08:31:54 AM »
You two are not helping.

Steve is an amazing call. If I played anyone vaguely like him I'd be all over that faceclaim. So many images of him and his sweet hair.

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2017, 08:32:50 AM »
Steve is an amazing call. If I played anyone vaguely like him I'd be all over that faceclaim. So many images of him and his sweet hair.

It is a great faceclaim!
Huh... I am planning a character that age...

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2017, 08:36:39 AM »
Ugh.

Ok, how about Forge?

Offline Sun Wukong

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »
It is a great faceclaim!
Huh... I am planning a character that age...

Do it, do it! He'll be the biggest player ever.

Ugh.

Ok, how about Forge?

Genuinely a cool idea. Hope he isn't on the hit list.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »

Genuinely a cool idea. Hope he isn't on the hit list.

If not Forge, I'll play Lockjaw. Or Lockheed the dragon.

Or Leech.

Oh! Perhaps a genserswapped Dazzler.

Who would basically be Disco Stu.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:01:31 AM by Giantmutantcrab »

Offline Sun Wukong

« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2017, 09:10:29 AM »

Or Leech.

Nevermind Disco Stu sounds amazing, I want this one now. At worst as a second character.

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »

Or Leech.

Dosco Stu, can still bugaloo!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2017, 11:37:18 AM »
I am actually considering a gender swapped Dazzler as a second character now.

Or Longshot, sans probability manipulation.

Or... Hell, maybe Quicksilver. Though I am surprised he's not a bad guy since daddy and dearest sister are baddies too.

Offline Sun Wukong

« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2017, 11:48:37 AM »
Dosco Stu, can still bugaloo!

Is Dosco Stu his dyslexic twin?

« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »
I think all of the ideas from forge to dazzler are all good!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »
Well that settles it.

Character one is Forge.

Character two is Alistair Blaire, the Dazzler!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2017, 07:02:14 PM »
Ok so..

...umm...

...Now what? I know there's a sheet I gotta fill out but I cannot find it.

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »
Ok so..

...umm...

...Now what? I know there's a sheet I gotta fill out but I cannot find it.

Original post of this thread. It should be there still.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2017, 07:24:23 PM »
Original post of this thread. It should be there still.

Thanks boss!

<_<

>_>

*snatches a peck on the cheek before working on character sheets*

He hehehehehe
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:28:07 PM by Giantmutantcrab »

Offline WilyRiley

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2017, 07:31:42 PM »
Thanks boss!

<_<

>_>

*snatches a peck on the cheek before working on character sheets*

He hehehehehe

GMC!!! <3 My favorite crabcake!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2017, 07:40:52 PM »
GMC!!! <3 My favorite crabcake!

RILEY!!!!!

Damn it's good to see you girl!

Who are you playing in this?

Offline WilyRiley

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »
RILEY!!!!!

Damn it's good to see you girl!

Who are you playing in this?

Rogue and Kitty!
I missed yooooooouuuuuu!!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2017, 07:57:17 PM »
Rogue and Kitty!
I missed yooooooouuuuuu!!

I missed you too, dear. Lots.

I'm really glad you're here. And aww dammit I'm not playing either of those characters' canonical love interests.

I'm playing Forge and...  Male Dazzler.

Yes. This is my second character. (no actually it's not. But that picture makes me laugh to tears.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:09:17 PM by Giantmutantcrab »

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
Was going to say Morph, but I'm too late to make my suggestion.

Offline Crash

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2017, 10:08:43 PM »
Hmm may be interested if I can figure out a character and a group.

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »

*sad music playing* Morph...

Online Batman4560

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2017, 10:43:29 PM »
OMG Haven't seen that since the 90s show started! Good stuff!

« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »
Hmm may be interested if I can figure out a character and a group.

hello! Thanks for the interest, focus on the character first. The groups form naturally in an ideal situation

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2017, 06:10:59 AM »
*sad music playing* Morph...

Well... Maybe this is the reason why Logan is such a lecherous homewrecker.

Because of the one that got away...

Hello! Thank you for the suggestion! I thought that Morph was a bad guy in this setting? Oh no wait that wad Multiple Man.

Well I think your suggestion is still very solid. Maybe Crash would like to take a spin with the shapeshifter?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:28:45 AM by Giantmutantcrab »

Offline Crash

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »
Giant -  Not sure if a shapeshifter is my thing.  Are we limited only to 80’s characters?

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2017, 10:05:32 AM »
Giant -  Not sure if a shapeshifter is my thing.  Are we limited only to 80’s characters?

Nope.

How about Quicksilver?

Heck, I am ready to hand over Forge or Dazzler if they are more your style.

Offline Crash

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2017, 10:33:27 AM »
I will see.  I tend to play female characters so I will either need to come up with one that strikes my fancy or gender bend one.  Not sure yet.  I am not a huge comic book person so I often take relatively minor hero’s in these kinds of games.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2017, 11:02:58 AM »
Why not Dust or Boomer then?

Offline Crash

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2017, 11:06:04 AM »
I will look at them.

Not sure I could do Dust justice.  I don’t feel I know Islam enough not to offend.  She would make an awesome character though.

I have always been a fan of Husk and Boomer has potential.  I like Surge too but she isn’t around in the 1980’s.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:05:08 PM by Crash »

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
I mean OCs are accepted so I doubt it's..80s or die here.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2017, 12:52:01 PM »

Firm blonde who throws explosive ordinance?

Yes please.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »
I will look at them.

Not sure I could do Dust justice.  I don’t feel I know Islam enough not to offend.  She would make an awesome character though.

I have always been a fan of Husk and Boomer has potential.  I like Surge too but she isn’t around in the 1980’s.

Also, don't fret over when the characters appeared. Most X Men popped up in the 60's and new ones are still popping up today. Find someone you like and roll with it. Boss-lady Alias is top-notch quality GM and will hook you up right.

Offline Crash

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »
I think it is between Boomer and Surge.  I do have to ask.  Do we have much LGBTQ representation in the game?

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2017, 01:10:57 PM »
I think it is between Boomer and Surge.  I do have to ask.  Do we have much LGBTQ representation in the game?

As in most games it seems like there is a large amount of bi women and very little of anything else

Offline Crash

« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2017, 01:13:34 PM »
Ahh. Okay.  Not sure the concept I was thinking about would fit.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »
Ahh. Okay.  Not sure the concept I was thinking about would fit.

You know, you should really talk about your concept details to the boss-lady. Since she'll be the one running the show. Run your ideas past her; she'll make sure you are happy.

Offline Crash

« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
Yeah.  I think I will narrow everything down and do just that.  Thanks for the help everyone!

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »
All things are allowed, not limited to 80s characters. Glad to help with anything including character sheet design and formation. Pm me with ant questions, or ask here. :)

I'll try to get to everything in a timely fashion, I'm most available after seven pm pst

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »
All things are allowed

Except current-day Warpath
Except Longshot with Luck Control
Except Angel...

EVERYTHING IS ALLOWED :P

-----

I'm currently working on my character sheets. Could anyone please remind me the differences between reason, intuition and psyche? Also, do the mutant powers have "power levels"?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:04:54 PM by Giantmutantcrab »

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »
Except Angel...

-----

I'm currently working on my character sheets. Could anyone please remind me the differences between reason, intuition and psyche? Also, do the mutant powers have "power levels"?

hey! this is true. I have powered down a lot of characters once in the game. And, I've yet to directly turn down a character sheet, usually the character itself makes me so excited that I forget about some of my rules. :p

Offline Sun Wukong

« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2017, 04:43:56 AM »
Except Angel...

-----

Not A but I mostly know. There are no power levels.

Reason would be things like persuasiveness, how they would do in debates/arguments, whether they make random irrational choices or are generally pretty 'reasonable' about things.

Intuition's slightly luck and slightly instincts. So I think things like having a hunch that turns out to be wrong all the time would be low intuition, being right a lot would be high.

Psyche is mental state and academic intelligence, as well as somewhat relevant for telepaths.

« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2017, 05:07:46 AM »
Except Angel...

-----

oops, I missed the questions. The power levels aren't entirely relevant, I gave everyone 40 points, Some characters have less, but no one has more than 40. This doesn't mean that everyone is the same, but those stats are there mostly to inform me how players will approach that character. No Omega's it's not a power I want any PC to have at the moment.

Reason: the ability to solve problems, think rationally and make sense of the world around you
Intuition: the ability to read other people, to feel the mood of a room, luck in some way factors into this, and with certain mutations, actual intuition of the world around you. Empaths would have incredibly high intuition.
Psyche: This is three fold, it represents Telapathic offensive powers, telepathic defense ability, and general sanity. The lower the score, the less sane and capable. So, a character like cyclops has high psyche because his mind is able to defend itself, and he is relatively sane. Where as Deadpool cannot claim sanity, but he can claim telepathic neutrality due to that insanity, his psyche is very low.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:32 PM »
The game is set in 1986 right?

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »
The game is set in 1986 right?

Correct. Active dates are December 13 - December 27

Flashbacks through out '86 are allowed.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2017, 09:20:57 PM »
I didn't even realise until now...

We got a Hulk. ^___^

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2017, 09:40:06 PM »
I didn't even realise until now...

We got a Hulk. ^___^

yeah! Sun did a cool thing with the mutation. I'm a fan.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »

This will never be not funny.

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

This will never be not funny.

Can I marry them both???

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »
Can I marry them both???

Pretty sure that has already happened in an alternate universe somewhere.

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2017, 02:40:49 PM »
Pretty sure that has already happened in an alternate universe somewhere.

It's called my dreamscape.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »
It's called my dreamscape.

Nope.

This is your dreamscape, boss darling.

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
Nope.

This is your dreamscape, boss darling.

Sophie isn't in that picture!!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »
Sophie isn't in that picture!!

...Sophie?

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2017, 04:44:28 PM »

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:05 PM »
She's very blonde.

You guys are teasing me with hot blonde PC's when my characters aren't even done yet. ;_;

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »
You guys are teasing me with hot blonde PC's when my characters aren't even done yet. ;_;

You wanna see a hot blonde PC, just wait for my  2nd character :p

Offline EroticLiteracy

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »
Hey guys! I sent the lovely Alias a message but also am posting up here! I am interested in joining and am reading the thread now and the other threads revolving around rules and what not now! I hope every one is having a good day and a start to the weekend as well!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2017, 07:45:29 PM »
OH SNAP

PREPARE TO BE DAZZLED

Online Miss Kaia

« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2017, 05:52:17 AM »
I need to figure out what I can play and how to submit a character, but yes, interested :)  I got poked towards this thread <3

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2017, 07:04:53 AM »
I need to figure out what I can play and how to submit a character, but yes, interested :)  I got poked towards this thread <3

Plenty of options open!

For the classic X-Men, Storm, Wolverine, Psylocke, Jubilee, Beast are still available. Most of X-Factor, X-Force and X-Calibur as well. Also, no reason to not genderswap someone. We got a female Gambit and a male Dazzler.

Welcome welcome!

Online Miss Kaia

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2017, 07:30:33 AM »
Do you have someone with Mystique like abilities?

I always like Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, Phoenix, Kitty Pryde, Mystique xD

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2017, 07:38:21 AM »

Well, rogue and kitty are both claimed at the moment. Mystique in an NPC/villain. Storm and wolverine are both available though!

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2017, 07:45:55 AM »

However!

Nothing is stopping you from creating your own shapeshifter if you so please. I would say about half the current roster are original characters.

Or just genderswap Morph. :)

Online Miss Kaia

« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
genderswapped Wolverine sounds good xD  I will have to put some work into this :)
However!

Nothing is stopping you from creating your own shapeshifter if you so please. I would say about half the current roster are original characters.

Or just genderswap Morph. :)

I don't know Morph.  Must google

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2017, 08:33:50 AM »
genderswapped Wolverine sounds good xD  I will have to put some work into this :)

X-23 can be an excellent choice.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »
Not the GM here so none of this is official but just so you know - while we don't have an X-23 we do have a character Wild Thing that is pretty similar just so you know. Also we had a player for Wolverine who had the character as male, and from recent posts I think the GM (Alias) wanted to leave the door open for the player's return maybe so I would check with Alias before you go to the trouble of writing up a bio!

Also hopefully welcome! :D

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2017, 09:30:51 AM »
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=278306.0

Here's a list of all of our characters currently :)

Aurora, maggot, and wolverine have all stepped away from the game, but their sheets are still up

« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »

I have such helpful players. :)

thanks for welcoming her into the interest thread guys. I'll try to clear up any confusion.
Yes, Maggot, Aurora, and Wolverine are on hiatus, and set aside for players that may return. Rogue and Kitty are indeed taken, ironically enough by the same player.

Well, rogue and kitty are both claimed at the moment. Mystique in an NPC/villain. Storm and wolverine are both available though!

Mystique is available as a PC soon. If you would like to lay a claim on her, then we can work on her sheet and stuff, but we'd also have to work together to move her over from the brotherhood to the x-men In Character. So it's a weird stipulation: You have to write story with me in order to play mystique, but she is TECHNICALLY available as well as every other brotherhood character if so desired.

The only characters that are off limits to all players are: Charles Xavier, Magneto

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »

Damn straight.

« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »

thanks for welcoming her into the interest thread guys. I'll try to clear up any confusion.
Yes, Maggot, Aurora, and Wolverine are on hiatus, and set aside for players that may return. Rogue and Kitty are indeed taken, ironically enough by the same player.

Mystique is available as a PC soon. If you would like to lay a claim on her, then we can work on her sheet and stuff, but we'd also have to work together to move her over from the brotherhood to the x-men In Character. So it's a weird stipulation: You have to write story with me in order to play mystique, but she is TECHNICALLY available as well as every other brotherhood character if so desired.

The only characters that are off limits to all players are: Charles Xavier, Magneto

This is wrong!!
Sorry! Mystique and Madelyne Pryor are the only characters besides X and Magneto that aren't available, So sorry! I screwed that one up.

Online Miss Kaia

« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2017, 04:28:01 AM »

I could be up for the challenge <3  I'd love to claim her

« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2017, 04:46:26 AM »
I could be up for the challenge <3  I'd love to claim her

This is wrong!!
Sorry! Mystique and Madelyne Pryor are the only characters besides X and Magneto that aren't available, So sorry! I screwed that one up.

My bad, I am blonde. :p

Online Miss Kaia

« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2017, 04:55:27 AM »
whoops okay.  Back to the drawing board xD

« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2017, 05:11:21 AM »
whoops okay.  Back to the drawing board xD

let me know if you have any questions.  There are some claimed characters from early on that haven't been turned in or followed up on.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2017, 01:54:42 PM »
I'm considering writing up a character or two.

Specifically I'm thinking of an OC with some form of Photokinesis and a X-Men aligned Polaris

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2017, 03:30:01 PM »

Specifically I'm thinking of an OC with some form of Photokinesis and a X-Men aligned Polaris

Daww, a beautiul little turtleduck!

Hello!

Offline Wajin

« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2017, 03:43:27 PM »
Daww, a beautiul little turtleduck!

Hello!

Turtleducks are awesome :D best fantasy creature ever.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2017, 03:47:12 PM »
Turtleducks are awesome :D best fantasy creature ever.

Hey, I am not the GM so feel free to toss my words into zee trash can. I just want to point out that one of my characters, Dazzler, has a form of light control. Now I'm not sure if that is the same way you saw your potential character, or if that even bothers you. I mean, to be honest, half the X-roster is people projecting blasts of some kind. Having another blaster is NOT a bad thing at all. But if you want your character to have a unique power, I wouldn't want you to be dissapointed.

However... your OC and Dazzler could make a hell of a light show. :D

Offline Wajin

« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
Hey, I am not the GM so feel free to toss my words into zee trash can. I just want to point out that one of my characters, Dazzler, has a form of light control. Now I'm not sure if that is the same way you saw your potential character, or if that even bothers you. I mean, to be honest, half the X-roster is people projecting blasts of some kind. Having another blaster is NOT a bad thing at all. But if you want your character to have a unique power, I wouldn't want you to be dissapointed.

However... your OC and Dazzler could make a hell of a light show. :D

We'll see where I go with it :P I'm thinking Baldr for his codename :P Norse God of Light and all.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »
We'll see where I go with it :P I'm thinking Baldr for his codename :P Norse God of Light and all.

Harbinger of Ragnarok? Lovely.

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2017, 04:44:01 PM »
X-23 can be an excellent choice.

His actual daughter Rina might take exemption to that.... Actually come to think of it might be interesting to have a rivalry between daughter and clone? Then again perhaps something totally different can happen as well huh?

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
His actual daughter Rina might take exemption to that.... Actually come to think of it might be interesting to have a rivalry between daughter and clone? Then again perhaps something totally different can happen as well huh?

They could fuse to become like Gogeta. Except it would be Wolverita.

« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2017, 06:19:35 PM »

welcome to the wildness. If you have any questions, you cna pm me or ask me here. :)

Offline Crash

« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
Oooo. Miss Kaia is joining?,?  Yay!

Online Miss Kaia

« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2017, 04:11:39 AM »
Oooo. Miss Kaia is joining?,?  Yay!

Yeah, just need to work on a character.  Trying to think of what I want to do that isn't taken haha

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2017, 04:49:56 AM »
Yeah, just need to work on a character.  Trying to think of what I want to do that isn't taken haha

If a shapeshifter is still what interests you, there are a few options available. Creating an original character will those abilities is fairly easy. Or you can Mimic, or Morph and modify them to your whim.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Shapeshifting

There is a fairly extensive list of metamorphs in the Marvel universe at the bottom of this page.

Or... If I can help in any way please let me know. I am not the GM. I am the GMC! :D

Offline Crash

« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »
Yeah gender swapping is fine to so don’t think you have to stay with the exact character.  Heck my Boomer and Mirage are likely very different from canon.

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »
If this is still a thing, I'm still wanting to write-up Storm.

Offline Crash

« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2017, 03:23:10 PM »
It would s still a thing La Dame

« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2017, 03:39:46 PM »
If this is still a thing, I'm still wanting to write-up Storm.

It's a rocket ship. Come have some fun. :)
Happy to help in anyway.
The information thread that is linked in the original post on this board should help alot. But I'm also happy to answer any questions. :)

Uhmmm....
Pm me or ask here!! :D
Loves!!

Offline SithLordOfSnark

• Snarky Bastard | Loyal Friend | Video Gamer
  • Isolation
  • Enchanter
  • Join the Snark Side. We Have Cookies. And Snark.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2017, 06:00:30 PM »
I'd like to join, but due to current time restrictions, I'm just tossing my interest in and will return after the New Year.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure we'll still be going then! :D

Offline Crash

« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2017, 06:07:18 PM »
Yeah that is a good bet.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2017, 06:27:35 PM »
dem abs though

Online Miss Kaia

« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
I'd like to join, but due to current time restrictions, I'm just tossing my interest in and will return after the New Year.

Trust me, if they're being patient with me, they will be with you xD

« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2017, 08:08:17 PM »
It's amazing. This game continues to attract attention. Lots of love to current players and new interested guys and gals!!!

Offline Wajin

« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2017, 04:58:10 AM »
I'll post my first draft for Baldr my OC later when I get home from work, I quite like how he's turned out :D

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2017, 05:16:39 AM »
I'll post my first draft for Baldr my OC later when I get home from work, I quite like how he's turned out :D

Yay turtleduck!

Offline Wajin

« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2017, 05:27:28 AM »
Yay turtleduck!

A sneak peak

Positivity Inducement - Baldr can consciously project an aura of pleasant light from his body that induces a feeling of positivity in those within its visual range. The feeling can be ignored, but will influence anyone until they make a conscious choice to ignore it.

« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2017, 05:51:49 AM »

pm me with sheet, by tradition. :)

Offline SithLordOfSnark

• Isolation
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2017, 09:37:22 PM »
I still need to figure out what to join as, because the canon's I normally play seem to be taken.

« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2017, 11:49:17 PM »
I still need to figure out what to join as, because the canon's I normally play seem to be taken.

which canons? mostly curious

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2017, 05:19:07 AM »

Mainly anti-aircraft.

Wakka wakka wakka

Offline SithLordOfSnark

• Isolation
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2017, 05:45:54 AM »

Cyclops and Pyro are my two mains.

I usually play Kid Omega too, but most games ban him due to his power level.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2017, 06:23:49 AM »

Leech is free to be used.

Who dosen't want to play a power-sucking mini tmnt?

« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2017, 11:42:39 AM »

Pyro is technically available. Pm me and we'll see what's possible.

Offline SithLordOfSnark

• Isolation
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »
Pyro is technically available. Pm me and we'll see what's possible.

I still need to wait until after the New Year to commit to anything, but I'll PM you asap.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »
So sorry, been immensely busy over the holidays. Will send Alias the sheet soon, not quite happy with it yet

Offline Green Goo Theory

« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »
Annnd adding  bookmark and going to wander off contemplating a character. 

« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2017, 01:11:41 AM »
So sorry, been immensely busy over the holidays. Will send Alias the sheet soon, not quite happy with it yet

no problem! All of us have taken a bit of a slowdown for the same reason.

Annnd adding  bookmark and going to wander off contemplating a character. 

yay! Welcome, feel free to ask questions. Here or in pms are both fine. :)

Offline BlackStone

« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2017, 05:22:41 AM »
Any characters in particular demand?

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2017, 07:10:06 AM »
Hello everyone who is interested!

I don't think there's any particular demand for a specific character.

There are several original characters in the game.

There are a couple of big names that have yet to be taken. Storm and Wolverine, to name a couple as examples.

« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2018, 01:49:57 AM »
Hello everyone who is interested!

I don't think there's any particular demand for a specific character.

There are several original characters in the game.

There are a couple of big names that have yet to be taken. Storm and Wolverine, to name a couple as examples.

Storm is available, but Wolverine is currently on hiatus. I want to let some time pass before we offer that role to some one else. The original player may or may not return. At some point, I'll re-open the role, not sure when, soon?

Quote from: interested parties

Feel free to ask me for help. :)

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2018, 07:51:11 AM »
Hahaha, quote from interested parties

Ellipses

Offline la dame en noir

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »
No no no! I'm still interested in making Storm. I've just been busy with work and performing.

« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2018, 12:46:39 AM »
No no no! I'm still interested in making Storm. I've just been busy with work and performing.

noted!

Storm is available, but Wolverine is currently on hiatus. I want to let some time pass before we offer that role to some one else. The original player may or may not return. At some point, I'll re-open the role, not sure when, soon?

Feel free to ask me for help. :)

redacted.
:)