You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 26, 2018, 06:18:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

This is only a Test!
Click at your own risk.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Shadowrun (looking for a gm)  (Read 2972 times)

Online Chrisking777Topic starter

Shadowrun (looking for a gm)
« on: October 29, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »
so I am looking for a Shadowrun game. my limits are no bathroom stuff (pee poop etc) and that pretty much it, everything else is free game.

so any gms want to take me on an adventure? 

Online Drowdeviant

Re: Shadowrun (looking for a gm)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 05:22:47 PM »
so I am looking for a Shadowrun game. my limits are no bathroom stuff (pee poop etc) and that pretty much it, everything else is free game.

*stakes his player spot beside Chris*

Offline craeric

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 01:29:45 AM »
What edition? were you looking to play standard runners or something else? I have several ideas for characters, I could TRY my hand at GMing but woudl prefer to play too .

Online Chrisking777Topic starter

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:35:24 AM »
um not sure which edition I have 5th but can get the others if need be. runners would be good but I would take anything Shadowrun at this point. I have never played so I'm kinda a newbie to this

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 10:46:03 PM »
The (other system) proposal I was writing up has kinda stalled in my head, so how about I toss in an idea and offer for three.

| Sometimes, life decides to kick you in the ass so hard, you should be Dead and never saw it coming. Like what happened last night, at least as far as everyone remembers. It was a relatively small bit of celebration, in a bar so cheap that everyone knew the beer names were fakes. Some dirty looking guy has a heart-attack, and nobody really thinks about it twice until some scavengers start picking at the guy's things.

With a little bit of paranoia and a lot of better than human sight, somebody probably would have definitely noticed that it wasn't a cheap Doc Wagon band, but an expensive Medico Del Infierno monitoring band. MDI being one of the only corps incidentally troublesome enough that people in the Dallas shadows made a meme out of wishing for the Azzies to take it over.

In this case, as the grenades and lead flew, it seemed like the last night of celebration for the whole place. For you, at least, it wasn't. Dr. Gutspiele has been a bit coy about how many actually survived, probably because of the rep the good doctor had in the shadows before suddenly disappearing; brilliant, willing to take credit, obsessed with a horror movie aesthetic, and best buddies with some crime lord that ran more than a few bunraku joints (which boss changed with the rumor teller).

Most agreed that it was probably Don Pavo who died shortly before the doctor disappeared.

The doctor gives out some news, a little good, a lot bad. The bad is that your old identities are basically dead, the person funding this really wanted everyone that survived chipped up and earning money until they broke, and your genetics are going to be used as blackmail if you try to run. The good is that the Gutspiele managed to argue for a few people to be used as runners, and so while there's still a lot of cosmetic work done it isn't the doctor's horror monster look or cheap bunraku puppet. (Which is another bit of pressure.)

Of course, neither one really being the Johnson type, the doctor managed to negotiate a little more freedom for the group. So, says the doctor, don't flee, pay your percentages, and in due time, you'll all go free.

Equally of course, you-all could find out who's behind this and do some gunboat diplomacy of your own.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 11:16:22 PM »
The (other system) proposal I was writing up has kinda stalled in my head, so how about I toss in an idea and offer for three.

| Sometimes, life decides to kick you in the ass so hard, you should be Dead and never saw it coming. Like what happened last night, at least as far as everyone remembers. It was a relatively small bit of celebration, in a bar so cheap that everyone knew the beer names were fakes. Some dirty looking guy has a heart-attack, and nobody really thinks about it twice until some scavengers start picking at the guy's things.

With a little bit of paranoia and a lot of better than human sight, somebody probably would have definitely noticed that it wasn't a cheap Doc Wagon band, but an expensive Medico Del Infierno monitoring band. MDI being one of the only corps incidentally troublesome enough that people in the Dallas shadows made a meme out of wishing for the Azzies to take it over.

In this case, as the grenades and lead flew, it seemed like the last night of celebration for the whole place. For you, at least, it wasn't. Dr. Gutspiele has been a bit coy about how many actually survived, probably because of the rep the good doctor had in the shadows before suddenly disappearing; brilliant, willing to take credit, obsessed with a horror movie aesthetic, and best buddies with some crime lord that ran more than a few bunraku joints (which boss changed with the rumor teller).

Most agreed that it was probably Don Pavo who died shortly before the doctor disappeared.

The doctor gives out some news, a little good, a lot bad. The bad is that your old identities are basically dead, the person funding this really wanted everyone that survived chipped up and earning money until they broke, and your genetics are going to be used as blackmail if you try to run. The good is that the Gutspiele managed to argue for a few people to be used as runners, and so while there's still a lot of cosmetic work done it isn't the doctor's horror monster look or cheap bunraku puppet. (Which is another bit of pressure.)

Of course, neither one really being the Johnson type, the doctor managed to negotiate a little more freedom for the group. So, says the doctor, don't flee, pay your percentages, and in due time, you'll all go free.

Equally of course, you-all could find out who's behind this and do some gunboat diplomacy of your own.

*makes grabby hands* WANT! xD

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »
I should probably add in that of the currently supported stuff I prefer 5e. 4e is interesting and definitely better edited, and 3e has greater lore and lore coherency, but both have some things rules wise that just don't do it for me.

And Anarchy is just out. It's not light enough to be really rules light, and not crunchy enough to work for normal-ish SR from what I remember.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »
I should probably add in that of the currently supported stuff I prefer 5e. 4e is interesting and definitely better edited, and 3e has greater lore and lore coherency, but both have some things rules wise that just don't do it for me.

And Anarchy is just out. It's not light enough to be really rules light, and not crunchy enough to work for normal-ish SR from what I remember.

Same here, 5e is all I know. xD

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 12:24:32 PM »

The idea grab you or...?

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »
I'll play, I have a good number of ideas.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »
I'll play, I have a good number of ideas.

*sits next to ruby* Care to divulge those secret ideas over PM by chance? ;)

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 02:30:48 PM »
Well four ideas.

1. Rural character coming to the big city who is an adept and not fond of technology well high technology doesn't go on the net, not fond of fancy tech in general and won't want to be implanted who though has her favorite weapons and lets her physical adept training compensate for tech happy city folk.

2. Street Mage has power, training, the right look and focuses in an area of magic doing it well and will dabble in others later on.

3. A Street Doc a former Army medic retired, some cybernetics all from a war injury for the most part to replace her arm but is a good Street Doc armed but prefers not to resort to fighting.

4. Well someone needs to know the corps and move through the red tape while looking good and has a lot of money, the leggy and pretty nicely trained sort and well just wants to get a permanent place in a decent Corp by buying her way in and that takes money.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 04:51:58 PM »
  I'd love to play too if you have an opeing. 

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
  I'd love to play too if you have an opeing.

*boops Muse's snoot* How did I know you would find this? xD

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 06:06:04 PM »
  *Grins*  I found it weeks ago.  The first GM to volunteer seemed at the time like he didn't want more than had allready signed up. 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »
Well, given that it's been about a week since I poked the thread starter and haven't gotten a response, and haven't seen the other person that posted around when Drowdeviant did, I think I have some room if I still have willing people.

If not, I'll keep on looking up obscure 3.xf rules and trying to make ritual feats for various mixes of far-flung culture bases and fetishes.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:38 PM »
I'm here we were PM'ing a bit, but I'm game for the game.

Either I'll play a more worldly street mage, who is more capable and can use guns and do some other things, or a more dedicated street mage focusing on magic likely learned some things in High School K-12 maybe on the fringes of a Corp her parents limited SIN employees so they sent her to their superior schools. Then she opted to get some worldly experience and signed up at her parents level. She would want to save to buy into the Corp in a Middle Class lifestyle then they can arrange a spouse and she can see her children make it in the Corp proper. But right now she is looking for work.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 04:58:35 PM »
I'm here we were PM'ing a bit, but I'm game for the game.

Either I'll play a more worldly street mage, who is more capable and can use guns and do some other things, or a more dedicated street mage focusing on magic likely learned some things in High School K-12 maybe on the fringes of a Corp her parents limited SIN employees so they sent her to their superior schools. Then she opted to get some worldly experience and signed up at her parents level. She would want to save to buy into the Corp in a Middle Class lifestyle then they can arrange a spouse and she can see her children make it in the Corp proper. But right now she is looking for work.

Would she be interested in the corp giving her a sultry fiance who doubles as her bodyguard? ;)

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »
At her level she is a minor employee, but its better than not being with a Corp at all.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »
At her level she is a minor employee, but its better than not being with a Corp at all.

0-0 Well my thought was that my gal was related to middle management. Basically test tube baby from a top secret corp project who got snagged by a runner team and in young adulthood eventually runs into one of her gene donors who's career kind of has stagnated. Other games I've pitched this one for her and her "mom" are somewhat incestuous and having a relatively healthy family relationship with each other enough so that she's been offered a part time runner contract with said corp. More or less she's part of EVO's independent contractor pool and can stay with her adoptive mother when she's in town if she needs to. xD

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
Evo contacts work to, but I plan a Limited SIN in attached but not TOO attached.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 07:51:33 PM »
Evo contacts work to, but I plan a Limited SIN in attached but not TOO attached.

Well she'll also have a limited corp SIN as part of her little arrangement.

What kind of gal are you thinking of play in terms of looks and metatype ruby? ;)

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »
Human, not much EDGE, whose attribute wise Priority B and magic Priority A and skills Priority C but not sure what to be I can be a Magician or a Mystic Adept (burning a lot of Karma for Power for her Adept side).

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 10:15:44 PM »
Human, not much EDGE, whose attribute wise Priority B and magic Priority A and skills Priority C but not sure what to be I can be a Magician or a Mystic Adept (burning a lot of Karma for Power for her Adept side).

xD Well lets see what Alex allows us for priority spread.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 10:52:27 PM »
How's Sum-to-11?

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 10:53:29 PM »
How's Sum-to-11?

Normal runner, prime runner or street level?

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 11:17:58 PM »
 ???

I only have 5e.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »
???

I only have 5e.

0-0 you don't reading about the power levels you can start at in 5e?

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 11:49:51 PM »
Street level is fine, she could have just left High School and maybe got some university level certifications.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 11:56:49 PM »
Street level is fine, she could have just left High School and maybe got some university level certifications.

...That means you will get less shit to build her with. xD

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 12:10:56 AM »
Well less money and free karma, its not a deal breaker. But we can always do Corp jobs.

If we go this route I'm going: Metatype E, Attributes B, Magic A, Skills C, Resources D.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:17:05 AM by RubySlippers »

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 04:05:44 AM »
  I'd quite apreciate sum to 11.  I'm perfectly happy with normal starting rules or prime runner rules, but prefer to avoid street level rules. 

Ruby, you're looking at a mage? 

(Sum to 10 is an alterante generation method found in Run Faster, if you didn't know, Ruby.  Sum to 11, just makes it so you can have one priorit ne higher.) 

I've got a mage going in another game right now, so I'll look at other ideas.  :) 

Since SUm to 11 is on the table, I'll probably grab a more exotic metatyep than human or elf. 

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 04:25:02 AM »
  I'd quite apreciate sum to 11.  I'm perfectly happy with normal starting rules or prime runner rules, but prefer to avoid street level rules. 

(Sum to 10 is an alterante generation method found in Run Faster, if you didn't know, Ruby.  Sum to 11, just makes it so you can have one priority be higher.) 

I've got a mage going in another game right now, so I'll look at other ideas.  :) 

Since Sum to 11 is on the table, I'll probably grab a more exotic metatype than human or elf. 

Well just remember it a more exotic archetype means you're using some karma to but the privilege of paying one. xD

I personally could see my gal being a changeling. Though I yearn for the day I could play a drake they are kind of a too problematic for their own good. :3

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 04:52:08 AM »
Okay a Human Metatype E, Attributes B, Magic A, Skills B, Resources D for 11 Points.

I'm thinking ,depending on the game, many nice options.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 06:26:33 AM »
Well just remember it a more exotic archetype means you're using some karma to but the privilege of paying one. xD

Actualy, while that's an option too, I mgiht just mean a dwarf, ork or troll, someone who''s on the expensive side to play.  : ) 

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 06:43:31 AM »

(Sum to 10 is an alterante generation method found in Run Faster, if you didn't know, Ruby.  Sum to 11, just makes it so you can have one priorit ne higher.) 

Since SUm to 11 is on the table, I'll probably grab a more exotic metatyep than human or elf. 

Yes, a mage of some sort either a Magician or Magic Adept but with enough versatility an average person won't likely know she is a mage until she unleashes hell with a magic spell.

>:)

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »
Okay, going back and possibly saying more with lots of quoting. I'd like normal runner cash and availability, but that's me. I will also again take a moment to proclaim the betterness (as far as producing actual low powered games go) of Street Scum on page 350 (and the Sum-To equivalent) over page 64's Street Level which just incentivizes magic and (the still not totally fixed by errata but made much better by it) technomantic summoning, both at near full power.

[missingthepoint]Drowdeviant, if you want to do Drake, I'd recommend just sinking large parts of your starting karma into the quality and forgetting latent dracomorphosis. You're just as unable to transform, but at least you have a better idea of when you can, and it saves on karma spent.[/missingthepoint]

RubySlippers, just be careful with a MysAd. Even pre-errata costs it's easy to spread a little too thin. On the other hand, know what you're doing and they're nicely powerful.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
Her adept powers will be focused on enhancing her defense and bump up her reaction speed since I need to not appear to be a magician unless she needs to go there.  So appearing normal is good she likely will study some medicine so could be a Street Doc - perhaps. >:)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:11:17 PM by RubySlippers »

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 12:21:34 AM »
  So, i was thinking about a dwarf girl street samurai.  I was going to cyber her out, but then I realized i wanted her best weapon to be Wrist Razors. 

They have an accuracy of 4!  An adept can use an adept power to raise accuracy with anything in the Blades skill gorup, so I could get her wrist razors up to accuracy 6 or 7 with a minimal investment, and still have magic poitns left to give bad ass supernatural martial arts and maybe a bit of utility too? 

It even crossed my mind that she might play some rock and roll... 

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2543/content_alice_and_her_guitar.jpg?1384209173

Or she mgiht be a more typical looking dwarf: 
http://68.media.tumblr.com/adf0c1c21a4ad666e82e90032558ec39/tumblr_nrh7yyNFTJ1sdb0jzo7_250.png
https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0355/23/1413333598236.png

Oh, RSG--especialy with regards to the first image--if you give us Prime Runner status, she could buy a Second Skin armor without needing the Restricted Gear quality?  :) 

Edit:  Oh! 

If I give her inplanted Wrist Razors, they'll use unarmed combat instead of Blades and Physicla Limit instead of weapon accuracy! 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:24:57 AM by Muse »

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 03:25:18 AM »
Character expirament: 

Tempo

Growing up in an Evo archology, Niski Quade's family had deep ambitions for their daughter.  They filled her every waking moment with music and dance.  Part of it,  maybe, was that they wanted to help her fit in despite being a dwarf.  They started her on enhancements that would make her more alluring company and a more fantastic dancer as young as they dared.  By age 15, Niksi was part of a girl band.  Initially, she was dazzled by the job, but quickly became disillusioned.  She got to dance, sing, and play her guitar for adoring audience, yes, but it was all strictly according to Hoyle.  The music was dull and formulaic, she wasn't allowed to perform her own compositions, and she occasionally caught her managers talking about who would be 'the next big thing'. 

Niski's parents may have obsessed over her musical career, but her uncle Otis was a bit more pragmatic.  He thought Niski to defend herself with unarmed combat, even took her to the rifle range, and was willing to talk to her about the life of adventure and terror he and her mother had lived before Dunklezhan's will made it possible for them to get a SIN. 

By the time she was seventeen, Niski realized that the managers at EVO didn't intend for her to last as a musician—weren't going to give her the chance to be more than a cute young performer, and were sacrificing some of her education and opportunity to enjoy her teen years for their own profit.  Partially for reasons like this, and partially out of a simple sense of adventure, she decided she was going to become a runner.  She let her father arrange a trust fund for her, and paid in to it 'til she could live a comfortable middle class lifestyle for life after retirement.  Meanwhile a lot her her money was going into—not the trips to the mall and parties with friends she claimed—but investments in gray and black market cybernetics and weaponry! 

By age nineteen, though Niski was still working 10 hours a week with her band doing recordings and concerts, it was clear that her star was falling.  The corp had never really expected them to be more than teenage sensation—one of a hundred in any given generation. 

It was time for her next adventure to start. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:50:00 PM by Muse »

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 08:06:21 AM »
I can't see a character sheet, Muse.

I'm working on my character.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 09:52:57 AM »
  So, i was thinking about a dwarf girl street samurai.  I was going to cyber her out, but then I realized i wanted her best weapon to be Wrist Razors. 

They have an accuracy of 4!  An adept can use an adept power to raise accuracy with anything in the Blades skill gorup, so I could get her wrist razors up to accuracy 6 or 7 with a minimal investment, and still have magic poitns left to give bad ass supernatural martial arts and maybe a bit of utility too? 

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2543/content_alice_and_her_guitar.jpg?1384209173

http://68.media.tumblr.com/adf0c1c21a4ad666e82e90032558ec39/tumblr_nrh7yyNFTJ1sdb0jzo7_250.png

Oh, RSG--especialy with regards to the first image--if you give us Prime Runner status, she could buy a Second Skin armor without needing the Restricted Gear quality?  :) 

If I give her inplanted Wrist Razors, they'll use unarmed combat instead of Blades and Physicla Limit instead of weapon accuracy!

First, I forgot to ask if people had seen the translation of the German State of the Art ADL stuff. Because it's got some good stuff in it. (I'm glad I got it to practice some Deutsch reading.) Second, don't worry about second skin regardless of what status is gone with. It will be provided (with an injector, which you may want somebody to get rid of, but perhaps not. It can be useful.)

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 10:32:01 AM »

As long as your an Adept we are fine, Aspected Magicians she is Prejudiced against as not proper magicians as opposed to Adepts who are curiously capable channeling magic into their bones and muscle and mind and Magicians who are proper mages and Mystic Adepts the best of the best but she is naturally biased there.  :P

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 12:49:30 PM »
She should be veiwable now, Ruby. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k_mlTGUQiUHg6T5lvA_Y1v34nbS2sqlLWVivfbRa4iw/edit?usp=sharing

Dwarf cyber build is waht I'm expiramenting wtih. 

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
...  Wait, what's the relationship between teh second skin armor and an injector?  Or is it just that they will come simultaniously? 

RSG, do we have the final character gen rules now?  :)

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »
She should be veiwable now, Ruby. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k_mlTGUQiUHg6T5lvA_Y1v34nbS2sqlLWVivfbRa4iw/edit?usp=sharing

Dwarf cyber build is waht I'm expiramenting wtih.

I don't recall if I gave my advice for non-Troll melee in a thread Muse was in before (IIRC last time you did magic, and more imporantly I also had a house rule for melee in effect), but I'll give it here for everyone to take on to other games that might not implement any melee house rules.

If you have a cyber-limb, then you can put a rating 5 sensor or sensor array in it. You can also put them in gear, but most gear won't give you the room or max a cyberlimb will. Make an Active Sensor attack (p 184, sadly not a use where E.Warfare can sub in) and the net hits apply as a defense penalty. So it's like bursts and auto-fire for melee, but slower and potentially longer lasting.

...  Wait, what's the relationship between teh second skin armor and an injector?  Or is it just that they will come simultaniously? 

RSG, do we have the final character gen rules now?  :)

It's how the doctor feels safe at the first meeting. And Muse seems to be taking the napkin of normal. So that seems like it, other than the Sum-To-11.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »
First, I forgot to ask if people had seen the translation of the German State of the Art ADL stuff. Because it's got some good stuff in it. (I'm glad I got it to practice some Deutsch reading.) Second, don't worry about second skin regardless of what status is gone with. It will be provided (with an injector, which you may want somebody to get rid of, but perhaps not. It can be useful.)

I would love to read those translations Alex. Was thinking my gal would be German by "birth" xD

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 02:20:22 PM »
MEep! 

I was hoping for prime runner! 

(Especialy the 35/35 in qualties.) 

I only started building normal because it was the safest start.  i didn't know I'd wind up locking out that opertunity! 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
Also, almost forgot. If the main SR forums are down or just loading molasses slow like usual and you don't want to wait, some kind soul went through and cataloged it all before a down period.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y7c5UwmB90StcbB-O_DbpXbSWL4lnVGeZmS83dI4nYk/edit

MEep! 

I was hoping for prime runner! 

(Especialy the 35/35 in qualties.) 

I only started building normal because it was the safest start.  i didn't know I'd wind up locking out that opertunity! 

I mentioned that the karma would be the same (unless people overwhelmingly wanted street). Or probably mentioned it once earlier and didn't re-mention today.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
  :)  Okay, just so long as you didn't close off primer runner because I got excited and jumped ahed.  ^_^;; 

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 03:46:10 PM »
I'm going to be a Mystic Adept healing focused character, but doesn't mean soft she will have ample other skills to cover defending herself since her magic is a lot more focused on healing. I hope that's okay?

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2017, 03:55:28 PM »
It should probably work, RubySlippers. I can look over numbers and qualities with an eye towards how it'd work.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 10:07:46 PM »
  Good evening everyone. 

I'm down to the fiddily bits.  Any way I can help anyone else? 

Also, RSG, I'm kind of conflicted about giving Tempo the guitaur-case for her assault rifle.  Are we 'pink mohawk' enough that that wouldn't just automaticly tell everyone who ever saw her that this was that girl from that evo girl band?  And--with the armorer skill-what would you want me to pay for that? 

Wonder if I should maybe get her some modular tatoos or something else to obsfucate her identtiy without wearing a mask... 

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2017, 05:41:32 AM »
What about cybernetic skin netting to let her program various styles and tattoos, if there is such a thing, but I can't see why the GM can't make something up that can do the same thing. Then if you want to mask your identity just tap your comm and do it.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2017, 10:57:12 AM »
oh ! : D  Good idea!  My second skin armor wil let me do that! :D  CHange my appaprent skin tone too1 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »
  Good evening everyone. 

I'm down to the fiddily bits.  Any way I can help anyone else? 

Also, RSG, I'm kind of conflicted about giving Tempo the guitaur-case for her assault rifle.  Are we 'pink mohawk' enough that that wouldn't just automaticly tell everyone who ever saw her that this was that girl from that evo girl band?  And--with the armorer skill-what would you want me to pay for that? 

Wonder if I should maybe get her some modular tatoos or something else to obsfucate her identtiy without wearing a mask...

I want to make a joke about 'have you seen all the evo girl bands?' but it can certainly be done. You could even make it a Signature thing if you left a case behind. And that use of the armor also works.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2017, 12:02:01 PM »
I'm still working on her, she was such a disappointment to her poor Corp parents, but blood is blood they set her up with a Trust Fund and a Corp Identification even if more limited but she isn't pointless she does a lot of work among the poor in the companies charitable arm her way of giving back.

She is still under construction ...

Name: Tatyana Pishchalnikov
Street Handle:
Metatype: Human
Magic Tradition: Alexandrian Wicca
Concept: Corp Charity Doc

[ATTRIBUTES]
BODY  3/5
AGL  3/5
REA  3/5
STR  3/5
WIL  4/6
LOG  4/6
INT  5/6
CHA  3/6
ESS  6
Initiative  8
Edge  3/7
Magic  6
Drain  9
Astral Initiative 10+2d6
Inherent Limits
Mental: 7
Physical: 4
Social: 7
Condition Monitor Boxes
Physical: 14
Stun: 11
Overflow: 3

CONTACTS: EVO Community Services "Suit" [C 3, L3], Russian Orthodox Church Charity Center Priest [C2, L3]

POSITIVE QUALITIES: Bilingual [-5 Karma], Solid Rep - Local EVO Corp [-2 Karma], Speed Reading [-2 Karma], Trust Fund [-5 Karma], Quick Healer [-3 Karma]

NEGATIVE QUALITIES: Corporate Limited SIN [+15 Karma], Infirm [+5 Karma], Prejudiced - Aspected Magicians, Biased  [+3 Karma], Records on File - EVO [+1 Karma]

SKILLS:
[Skill Group] Conjuring 5
Arcana (Spell Design) 4, Clubs (Telescoping Staff) 4, Counterspelling 5, Cybertechnology  3, Etiquette 2,  First Aid  3, Medicine 5, Perception 2, Pilot Ground Vehicles (Wheeled) 2, Pistols (Light Pistols) 3, Spellcasting 5, Unarmed Combat 4

KNOWLEDGE SKILLS: Pharmacy (Generic Drugs) 4, Law (Medical) 3, EVO Corporation (Red Tape) 3

LANGUAGES: English (N), Russian (N), Latin (Arcane) 4

ADEPT POWER [6 PP]: Astral Perception, Improved Reflexes 1, Linguistics, Mystic Armor 6, Natural Immunity.

SPELLS: Antidote, Bind, Control Thoughts, Cure Disease, Heal, Improved Invisibility, Mana Bind, Net Bind, Oxygenate, Stabilize. [I need one more spell.]

EQUIPMENT:

50,000Y

LIFESTYLE: Middle [see Trust Fund]

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:57:28 AM by RubySlippers »

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »
I'm still working on her, she was such a disappointment to her poor Corp parents, but blood is blood they set her up with a Trust Fund and a Corp Identification even if more limited but she isn't pointless she does a lot of work among the poor in the companies charitable arm her way of giving back.

Magic Tradition: Hermetic

[ATTRIBUTES]
BODY  3/5
AGL  3/5
REA  3/5
STR  3/5
WIL  4/6
LOG  6/6
INT  3/6
CHA  3/6
ESS  6
INI  6
EDGE  3/7
MAGIC  6
DRAIN  10

POSITIVE QUALITIES: Trust Fund [-5 Karma] , 7 Karma Left

NEGATIVE QUALITIES: Corporate Limited SIN [+15 Karma], Infirm [+5 Karma], Prejudiced - Aspected Magicians, Biased  [+3 Karma], Records on File - EVO [+1 Karma]

SKILLS:
Clubs 4, Counterspelling 5, Cybertechnology  3, Etiquette 3,  First Aid  3, Medicine 4, Perception 3, Pistols 4, Ritual Spellcasting 4, Running 1, Spellcasting 5, Sneak 1, Swimming 1, Unarmed Combat  (Bartitsu) 4

[Martial Art Style - Bartitsu]
Techniques: Kick Attack

ADEPT POWER [6 PP]: Astral Perception, Improved Reflexes 1, Linguistics, Mystic Armor 6, Natural Immunity.

SPELLS: Antidote, Bind, Cure Disease, Heal, Improved Invisibility, Mana Bind, Net Bind, Oxygenate, Stabilize. [I need one more spell.]

EQUIPMENT: 50,000Y

KARMA SPENT  25 + 24 = 49
6 Power Points  -30
Martial Art Style  -7
Trust Fund  -5

I'd say get a Direct Attack spell of some kind. Possibly one of the Sleep spells, so you can have a trick to deal with anything electricity resistant and well armored.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2017, 02:35:22 PM »
True, sleep would likely be best when it comes to licensing it is likely easiest to as a licensed medical doctor with magical healing added in and no dangerous spells save defensive magic it will not be threatening, as opposed to a battle magician who without a major Corp SIN is likely going to be watched all the time.

Anyway I can Conjure things and Guardian Spirits would be a fine option most would be happy to watch a sick person as they heal up as long as I send it back in a timely manner. I would do that automatically for recovering children in dangerous areas.  ;D

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 07:00:58 PM »
Okay fleshed out skills, knowledge and languages and contacts now to spend money!

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2017, 07:35:11 PM »
Okay fleshed out skills, knowledge and languages and contacts now to spend money!

Now that I look at your new numbers, I have one bit of advice. Either get a ritual for that ritual spellcasting skill, or move those points around. 'Cuz with no rituals, it won't be doing you any good. Of course, if you want to wait and learn the ritual later, make sure to get a point (or two) in Arcana so you can learn without a tutor or possible edge use.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2017, 08:01:29 PM »
Okay fixed things up she can make up spells but remember EVO would have a magical society she would belong to at least in an outer circle, so mentoring and learning magic is possible from them or she can work on her own spells or try to replicate ones she saw others use. But this is my first magician I ran adepts before so am used to them but magic spells is new.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »
Okay fixed things up she can make up spells but remember EVO would have a magical society she would belong to at least in an outer circle, so mentoring and learning magic is possible from them or she can work on her own spells or try to replicate ones she saw others use. But this is my first magician I ran adepts before so am used to them but magic spells is new.

Yes, Evo does have some resources. But you'd still want some Arcana just to lower learning times and fees, even if you never decided to try a non-sanctioned tutor or formula. You could probably drop Spell Design as a specialty unless you really wanted to try and make new spells. (Existing ones would be more quickly done by buying the formula and studying in a lodge, even if the formula wasn't of your tradition.)

Also, since I see you kept Hermetic, keep in mind that Hermetics can only summon Fire, Earth, Water, Air, and Man spirits. On the up side, Man spirits can get any one spell you know as an optional power and are Health associated so you can bind one and have it do healing. If you really want Guardian in specific, go for a tradition that has them on the list (Aztec, Christian Theurgy, Islamic, Sioux, Vodou, Norse, Elder God, Olympianism, and Planar are the whole list across the major magic books that don't require a lot of investment), or get a contact or ally that has them on the list and go through the trouble of having them summon the spirit, you banish it, re-bind it before it departs, and then actually bind it (or use the summon then and there).

Oh, and another thought for what your other spell could be. Improve Str, so that you can do a little more damage with your weapon/hand.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2017, 11:02:20 PM »
I can't enhance my physical stats one negative quality bans that her body is more frail, not much, but some. I took Control Thoughts for the other spell there is nothing wrong with pure mind control in a pinch and do it to a cybernetic enhanced up street thug can be a handy weapon and armor won't generally prevent direct mental coercion I suspect. Note she has other options to subdue enemies.

And well okay bossing around human ghosts is fine she is happy to be arrogantly to demand they serve her and her will as servant beings.  >:)

And there is nothing wrong with working on new spells, its handy sharing new ones with her EVO peers and well I have some ideas for new healing and defensive ones.

Remove Round (it would use magic to remove a round of ammunition in a human body) is one.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
Hi RSG. 

So, in chrome flesh, Synth-link says a smart insturment costs 3x what a normal insturment costs.  So what would you like a guistuar to cost. 

THen how much more, considering my 3 ranks of armorer, do I add to build my gun into it?  :) 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2017, 11:10:04 PM »
It was my understanding that the synthstrument was double cost total, not an additional twice cost added on. So to my reckoning, a synthguitar would be 250nY and up. As to putting the gun in, it depends on what kind of hiding you'd want to do.

If it's just a straight build-in and you don't care about the guitar being able to play without AR or other electronics involved, you can probably do it without a cost increase. If you want to keep it well tuned and normally playable, 50nY. Better hiding or things to try and defeat sensors would cost roughly the same as the appropriate mods.

Also, for my fellow Americans, how was you Thanksgiving? Mine was good.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2017, 05:21:04 AM »
  I went to visit family in DC.  I have a broken toe rihgt now, so i couldn't walk the meusuems, but the family time was awesome. 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
  I went to visit family in DC.  I have a broken toe rihgt now, so i couldn't walk the meusuems, but the family time was awesome.

Ouch. Hope it heals up well.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
  Thanks.  It's off to a good start.  :)  I'm sure it'll heal up j ust fine.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
Chris, Craeric, are you two still with us? 

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »
Well I'm here in the hard stage buying gear.  ;D

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2017, 07:38:05 PM »
Make sure to get an armor jacket unless you really want to Solid Snake it up. Get anti-shock mods on it. A pair of trodes, one built into a helmet, is always good. And don't forget to SIN equally.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
She doesn't like VR, she accesses her Comm for basic societal needs since its how things work with legitimate SINs but at home she might VR for recreation. She is far more likely to buy a book you open and read it lovingly over good wine at home.  ;D

But she will be getting armor.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2017, 08:43:22 PM »
The trodes aren't for VR, it's so that you can send messages with nothing more than your mind. No lip movement. No low speech. No gestures. Just think and you can send some messages. Subvocal mics also work for that, but the trodes are cheap enough that it's probably easy to get both.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:45 PM »
  Yeah, trodes are handy like that! 

One step interface with the matrix instead of needing glasses, earbuds and glvoes! 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »
  Yeah, trodes are handy like that! 

One step interface with the matrix instead of needing glasses, earbuds and glvoes!

You could also just use your commlink and its browser, but then you miss out on so much. Most notably having better earbuds. Secondarily, having an arbitrarily large keyboard. I'd say all the feels, but to really get those you were probably going in for more than just a DNI.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2017, 09:49:52 PM »
*peeks*  Is it just me and Ruby now? 

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »
*peeks*  Is it just me and Ruby now?

I'm still here...Just busy. :P

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »
Good to hear. Also, incidentally, I got to take a look at Dark Terrors on a friend's tablet. Didn't see too much, but here's my thought on what I did see.

I think the went a bit too insecty with the new Bugs, and I didn't read too much of it, but the optional rules for them as playable is stupid. Didn't see too much about CFD or Sheddim (but what I did see of the Sheddim makes them more scary as BBEG). Saw some stuff about the Black Lodge, same with the Elder Gods. At least the Null Node has a use, but the little I read about the Dox made it stupid to actually ever use or do. Seven submersions for roughly even odds of it not happening is unreasonable to say the least.

Didn't get to see much about the new stuff for Infected, but it looks like new powers. Dark Magic tradition is just strange and I don't see why it's there. Didn't have the time to read anything about the Metaplane stuff other than that it existed.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »
Let me know if I can help, DD. 

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2017, 05:28:09 AM »
  I put this girl together for Craec.  Can someone please help us choose 5 complex forms? 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gX6JEf31EhY77QM0FHMoXVI38RnUwZ7je9ZyIH9Yybo/edit

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2017, 09:21:38 AM »
I'm going to put up three sets of 5 forms, and (more importantly) some play and growth cues for each set. I'm also assuming it's 5 in addition to the one already there. If it's not, drop one of the last two forms for Cleaner if you really want it.

First set is this:
Diffusion of Firewall
Puppeteer
Editor
Static Veil
Stitches

This set is for somebody that wants to do a little work beyond just petnomancy. You're still going to want to have a Sprite to teamwork with, at the very least. Puppeteer is your emergency or "I don't want to deal with this" button, just thread low and add edge. Your early goals should be to get a non-action Noise Reducer and FFF. At this point you're almost at parity with a decker. Cleaner will have its uses here, both for you and your pets.

The second set is this:
Diffusion of Firewall
Diffusion of Data Processing
Puppeteer
Stitches
Redundancy

This is more of a Petnomancy focused set. You want to get both Diffusions up on the target if necessary. Stitches and Redundancy are for your combat sprites, and not strictly necessary but can help you get an extra hit or two out of 'em. Puppeteer is, again, your emergency button. Get something to add Sleaze first, and then FFF. Cleaner's strictly for your pets, so you might want to drop one of the last two for it.

The final set is this:
Diffusion of Firewall
Editor
Puppeteer
Resonance Veil
Resonance Spike

It's more for getting stuff done personally and making it easier. Remember that Complex Forms are next to invisible, even if the results aren't. You still may want some sprite help or meat walls, but mostly you're probably offloading sustaining Diffusion to 'em. Goals are a noise effector and FFF because you want to get closer to being a decker in terms of direct connections and durability. Cleaner's a little less important here, as you can do most things with just forms. On the other hand, that's going to be tiring.

And here's some point shaving suggestions since technos are already on a difficult balance. You can drop the unarmed specialty unless you planned to get some kind of cyber-arm in the near future. Str 2 means that you don't really have a Kung Fu option worth doing. The Shock Glove's reach is 0. Also note that the breast implant, be it basic or 2.0, doesn't come in a pair.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »
*Blinks* 

Breast implants don't come in a pair?  That's stupid.  are you sure? 

I think it was our intention to get a specialty that worked iwth the shock gloves. 

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2017, 10:56:41 AM »
  Huh...  You could e right.  I had jsut taken that for the a sarcastic coment asosciated with the fact that you could buy jus one. 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
  Huh...  You could e right.  I had jsut taken that for the a sarcastic coment asosciated with the fact that you could buy jus one.

Yeah, I think it's a side effect of acknowledging one of the more common but unspoken/unthoughtof uses of breast implants IRL, which is making the body symmetrical. And as for one that'd work with Shock Gloves, one I'd allow is Touch Attacks. Although Stick-n-Shock might be better given Smartgun+Machine Sprite.

Offline craeric

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2017, 07:02:15 PM »
Assuming I am able to summon them well, but four compiling and 7 charisma shoudl make me a power.  I don't actually have 5E, its part of why i'm a bit nervous here- but I do have fourth.  why being a techno might be a terrible idea but I love the concept of bunraku girl breaking out with Emergance. I requested a bit of combat trianing for the char, but am willing to listen to the ideas.

Of course being such she was...altered, against her will.  The Yakuza implanted her implants infact, and she had a nearly perma-running BTL persona program in her comlink- Her puppeteer as it were. 

What are the others btw? Didn't see the posts I fear.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2017, 08:31:14 PM »
Assuming I am able to summon them well, but four compiling and 7 charisma shoudl make me a power.  I don't actually have 5E, its part of why i'm a bit nervous here- but I do have fourth.  why being a techno might be a terrible idea but I love the concept of bunraku girl breaking out with Emergance. I requested a bit of combat trianing for the char, but am willing to listen to the ideas.

Of course being such she was...altered, against her will.  The Yakuza implanted her implants infact, and she had a nearly perma-running BTL persona program in her comlink- Her puppeteer as it were. 

What are the others btw? Didn't see the posts I fear.

If nobody links before I tomorrow when I'll be on my desktop again, I'll link em and also ask if everyone has the sheets how they think they'll like 'em.

Also, advice for going full Elf Assassin Techno. Max Cha, get Hammer on submersion 1, and specialties of Persona (cybercombat) and Puppeteer (software).

As for Sprites, I'd have recommended having Resonance 5 for stun only level 5 sprites, but here's my thoughts around it. When you're going to whistle up a level 5 or 6 sprite have some Longhaul ready and several calendar days. Take the drug, summon it, thread Static Veil (or which ever one stops OS over time gain) and rest up as much of the damage as you can. Register it and hope you can heal up before you need the next run.

Offline craeric

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2017, 08:46:22 PM »
well, need some cyber and such for the background, and to me RP is more important than stats, even in that. 

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »
As for Sprites, I'd have recommended having Resonance 5 for stun only level 5 sprites, but here's my thoughts around it. When you're going to whistle up a level 5 or 6 sprite have some Longhaul ready and several calendar days. Take the drug, summon it, thread Static Veil (or which ever one stops OS over time gain) and rest up as much of the damage as you can. Register it and hope you can heal up before you need the next run.

That refers to first priority resance instead of second.  :)

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »
Tempo

Growing up in an Evo archology, Niski Quade's family had deep ambitions for their daughter.  They filled her every waking moment with music and dance.  Part of it,  maybe, was that they wanted to help her fit in despite being a dwarf.  They started her on enhancements that would make her more alluring company and a more fantastic dancer as young as they dared.  By age 15, Niksi was part of a girl band.  Initially, she was dazzled by the job, but quickly became disillusioned.  She got to dance, sing, and play her guitar for adoring audience, yes, but it was all strictly according to Hoyle.  The music was dull and formulaic, she wasn't allowed to perform her own compositions, and she occasionally caught her managers talking about who would be 'the next big thing'. 

Niski's parents may have obsessed over her musical career, but her uncle Otis was a bit more pragmatic.  He thought Niski to defend herself with unarmed combat, even took her to the rifle range, and was willing to talk to her about the life of adventure and terror he and her mother had lived before Dunklezhan's will made it possible for them to get a SIN. 

By the time she was seventeen, Niski realized that the managers at EVO didn't intend for her to last as a musician—weren't going to give her the chance to be more than a cute young performer, and were sacrificing some of her education and opportunity to enjoy her teen years for their own profit.  Partially for reasons like this, and partially out of a simple sense of adventure, she decided she was going to become a runner.  She let her father arrange a trust fund for her, and paid in to it 'til she could live a comfortable middle class lifestyle for life after retirement.  Meanwhile a lot her her money was going into—not the trips to the mall and parties with friends she claimed—but investments in gray and black market cybernetics and weaponry! 

By age nineteen, though Niski was still working 10 hours a week with her band doing recordings and concerts, it was clear that her star was falling.  The corp had never really expected them to be more than teenage sensation—one of a hundred in any given generation. 

Offline craeric

« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2017, 10:26:38 PM »
Should I work out a full tale for my bunraku girl? would b e... far sadder than Niski's

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2017, 08:56:27 AM »
Should I work out a full tale for my bunraku girl? would b e... far sadder than Niski's

Put at least something down. Oh, and also take a peek at reddit's long abandoned Superbook after you get the core. It really shows how editing was CGL's worst or second worst enemy. Other contenders include naturalistic language, redundancy in naming, and editing.

Yes, I had editing on the list twice. It deserves it because if you go by the words in the core there's three possible answers to 'what a drone roll to defend with' if you're doing just a little stretch.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »
Ruby Slippers

Street Handle:
Magic Tradition: Alexandrian Wicca

[ATTRIBUTES]
BODY  3/5
AGL  3/5
REA  3/5
STR  3/5
WIL  4/6
LOG  4/6
INT  5/6
CHA  3/6
ESS  6
Initiative  8
Edge  3/7
Magic  6
Drain  9
Astral Initiative 10+2d6
Inherent Limits
Mental: 7
Physical: 4
Social: 7
Condition Monitor Boxes
Physical: 14
Stun: 11
Overflow: 3

CONTACTS: EVO Community Services "Suit" [C 3, L3], Russian Orthodox Church Charity Center Priest [C2, L3]

POSITIVE QUALITIES: Bilingual [-5 Karma], Solid Rep - Local EVO Corp [-2 Karma], Speed Reading [-2 Karma], Trust Fund [-5 Karma], Quick Healer [-3 Karma]

SKILLS:
Arcana (Spell Design) 4, Clubs (Telescoping Staff) 4, Counterspelling 5, Cybertechnology  3, Etiquette 2,  First Aid  3, Medicine 5, Perception 2, Pilot Ground Vehicles (Wheeled) 2, Pistols (Light Pistols) 3, Spellcasting 5, Unarmed Combat 4

KNOWLEDGE SKILLS: Pharmacy (Generic Drugs) 4, Law (Medical) 3, EVO Corporation (Red Tape) 3

LANGUAGES: English (N), Russian (N), Latin (Arcane) 4

SPELLS: Antidote, Bind, Control Thoughts, Cure Disease, Heal, Improved Invisibility, Mana Bind, Net Bind, Oxygenate, Stabilize. [I need one more spell.]

EQUIPMENT:

50,000Y

Muse
Tempo

craeric
  I put this girl together for Craec.  Can someone please help us choose 5 complex forms? 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gX6JEf31EhY77QM0FHMoXVI38RnUwZ7je9ZyIH9Yybo/edit

Just to make sure, I'm going to be looking at these sheets here, right?

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2017, 06:58:01 PM »
Ruby Slippers

Muse

craeric

Mine too...Just need to put it together. Kind of haven't been able to due to being busy with school. Sorry man. ^-^;

I'll try to get it done asap

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2017, 06:34:31 AM »

That's my character, RSG.  :) 

And Craeric and I need to choose between the complex forms you sugested. 

Craeric, so far has she been a 'brtue force' hacker or more of a sneaky one?  Her charisma gives her advantage in digital combat as well--if I'm not mistaken--with registering sprites .

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2017, 08:58:02 AM »

That's my character, RSG.  :) 

And Craeric and I need to choose between the complex forms you sugested. 

Craeric, so far has she been a 'brtue force' hacker or more of a sneaky one?  Her charisma gives her advantage in digital combat as well--if I'm not mistaken--with registering sprites .

Actual registering is Res+Registering, and IIRC the limit of registered sprites is Logic, although I forget if that's a correction that made it or not.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:44 AM »
Ruby Slippers

Muse

craeric

Yes, not sure of some gear though I've gotten some new PDF's with options for armor with gear slots, so it will be easy to have armor with built in needs and she can carry medical supplies but she likely will be focusing on generic medications and things since common poor people can't afford serious medicines. So am guessing on a street doc bag fuller loaded with essentials it might be 2k including medicines, things for in-home surgery and such.

Offline craeric

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »
I could see more brute force- digital samurai as it were.  THough I know stealth is more important in the 'trix, it does seem that iwth her background expecially, ya.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
I could see more brute force- digital samurai as it were.  THough I know stealth is more important in the 'trix, it does seem that iwth her background expecially, ya.

If you can spare the karma, consider Code Slinger for either Brute Force, Hack on the Fly, or Data Spike. The first two for general use purposes and entry, the last for if you really want to get rid of all but the most rediculous matrix targets in a swing. Possibly two. Although the first two options are much better. Especially if you go and get a mark with one of the first two options for extra damage on the actual swing.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »
  Do you see anything else that woud be good for Tempo to do wtih her money?  I'm pondering dropping the last of her bonus points itno karma and picking up plastic bone lacing. 

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2017, 01:55:05 PM »
xD She is ready now. Left some knowledge skills open so I could better insert her into wherever you have us be based out of Alex.

Her char sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12oFoLVDbKckaMGSTK1KL1fsxA1dVK0rdrLzEbvcONeo/edit?usp=sharing

The references of her when she's having a casual "I don't have to disguise himself" day. She can change given her daily mood ;)

Edit: Switching the reference for her
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:21:33 PM by Drowdeviant »

Offline craeric

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »
I guess should give a nice full background for MC, and name her.

Name: Alyssa Corban
Street name: Archangel

Alyssa was the duaghter of a poor family- poor in wealth, rich in love.  Still, she never knew what her father risked, trying to provide.  Though elvish, her family lived in the sprawl, and wished nothing more than to prosper as a family.  Unfortunately, her father lost his job as a gardener for one of hte rich bigshots, and the minor savings they had got weaker.  In the end thy had only one way to survive- loans from very terrible folks, namely the Yakuza.

Alyssa was colateral on the loans- and was soon collected as payments were failed.   Taken in as a Bunraku slave, she was given surgeries and the 'tools' of the trade, set into a BTL life persona chip that she could not control, and became a w hore for nearly four years, her real personality trapped in a darkness, unable to even see the world outside.

Until, oneday, she felt a stirring  as information seemed to breeze past her.  It t ook her time to figure out what it was- the matrix itself.  It took her longer to learn that she could control it, and longer still to train herself as a cyber samurai and blast apart the persona control chips. 

It was while she was being visited by one of her regular 'cliants', and though in order to escape she played the part, she also sent pictures of it through his own comlink to his wife.  When the Yakuza found out, they were at  first Incensed, but then realized the power at this girls hands.  Offering her an out- if she paid her dads debts- they even set up a man who had loved visiting her as a contact, and as she explored the matrix she met two others- one a AI that she treated as a person, not a machine- and won its loyalty for it- and the other a fixer that the AI knew, that met only on the 'trix but was one of the best. 

She could not r eturn home- they had sold her- and did not want to r emain a bunraku prostitute, so had but one option.  The shadows beckoned. 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2017, 04:14:13 PM »
  Do you see anything else that woud be good for Tempo to do wtih her money?  I'm pondering dropping the last of her bonus points itno karma and picking up plastic bone lacing.

That would be a pretty good investment. Especially with your Body. Just may want to invest into a way to do guaranteed Stun since it'll make you do physical unarmed. Well, eventually you'll want that.

xD She is ready now. Left some knowledge skills open so I could better insert her into wherever you have us be based out of Alex.

Her char sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12oFoLVDbKckaMGSTK1KL1fsxA1dVK0rdrLzEbvcONeo/edit?usp=sharing

Pretty good. If you want to move around the Mystic Armor PP, consider Attribute Boost (Body) and some kind of initiative booster that isn't juicing. If you don't, well, feel free to ignore that. Now, on non optional matters, the connections need to be reworked. Loyalty+Connection=7. This is sort of aside of the options for Blackmail and Family on 178 of Run Faster.

Name: Alyssa Corban
Street name: Archangel

I'll say more once I see the choices. Although I will ask if that was phone posted. But it's kinda solid.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »
Pretty good. If you want to move around the Mystic Armor PP, consider Attribute Boost (Body) and some kind of initiative booster that isn't juicing. If you don't, well, feel free to ignore that. Now, on non optional matters, the connections need to be reworked. Loyalty+Connection=7. This is sort of aside of the options for Blackmail and Family on 178 of Run Faster.

Is it cool if her "mom" goes one over since she's getting the additional 1 karma since they consider their relationship to be like family?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:29:30 PM by Drowdeviant »

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »
Family is, funnily enough, a one karma add on. It raises the effective loyalty by one, in addition to a few other effects, some bad some good. So it can work like that.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2017, 06:03:23 PM »
Family is, funnily enough, a one karma add on. It raises the effective loyalty by one, in addition to a few other effects, some bad some good. So it can work like that.

Well Vier won't need Alexia to do much but watch her back honestly so the stated bad side won't really be a factor...also she might be trying to seduce her since they're only related by genes and nothing more. xD

I kind of had one left contact karma and needed to get rid of it so that's why I asked.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2017, 06:20:23 AM »
  Who's this girl, DD?  I'm curious. 

Tempo is fully geared up now.  I feel a little bit silly taking SynSkin so I can change my skin collor and bra size for runs, and then always running wtih a guitaur, but it actauly fits as 'ware that the corp would get her set up with. 

Edit:  Oh!  Did I mess something up? 

I meant to ask you to waive the starting availablitly limit for second skin armor?  Primarily for Elliquiy specific reasons?  :) 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:27:30 AM by Muse »

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »

Tempo is fully geared up now.  I feel a little bit silly taking SynSkin so I can change my skin collor and bra size for runs, and then always running wtih a guitaur, but it actauly fits as 'ware that the corp would get her set up with. 

I meant to ask you to waive the starting availablitly limit for second skin armor?  Primarily for Elliquiy specific reasons?  :)

...You don't recognize her? It's Jessica Nigiri, voice of Cinder fall aka Vier's other default look for when not disguising herself. 0-0

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »

I said one would be provided, so no need to worry about that.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »
ooh!  That's right.  :)  So I didnt' need to buy one then, nice.  :) 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
Okay, got a little distracted. But went back and re-looked at the character.

So the only real advice change is for craeric, who chose the powers now. My main recommendation is to try and get things rejiggered to get Edge 2 and Res 4. You really want at least a rating 4 sprite, so not taking phys on it helps.

Also, is non-con good for everyone or do you have some different tastes in mind? I forget if I asked.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2017, 10:03:55 PM »
Okay, got a little distracted. But went back and re-looked at the character.

So the only real advice change is for craeric, who chose the powers now. My main recommendation is to try and get things rejiggered to get Edge 2 and Res 4. You really want at least a rating 4 sprite, so not taking phys on it helps.

Also, is non-con good for everyone or do you have some different tastes in mind? I forget if I asked.

I'm fine with non-con but can go kinkier. Don't know about anyone else. :P

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »
I'm fine with non-con but can go kinkier. Don't know about anyone else. :P

I don't know why, but this reminded me of something I heard was in the newest book. Lamia can now take on an alternate form. No prize for guessing what it is.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »
I don't know why, but this reminded me of something I heard was in the newest book. Lamia can now take on an alternate form. No prize for guessing what it is.

They haven't even let us know what optional powers for Charon and Lamia are aside from the ones talked about in that book or even how they are stated. I would just like to know cause they both seem so interesting. xD

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2017, 02:42:22 AM »
*peeks*  Lamia?  What are they? 

NC Exotic System small groups is my favorite.  :) 

Craeric, if you want to look at a rebuild in keeping with RSG's sugestions give me a PM! 

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2017, 09:43:13 AM »
*peeks*  Lamia?  What are they? 

NC Exotic System small groups is my favorite.  :) 

Craeric, if you want to look at a rebuild in keeping with RSG's sugestions give me a PM!

Lamia are what nagas turn into when infected with HHMV Muse. basically they become scary sneks and they can also get the ability to transform their upper body into that of a metahuman in order to use actual equipment and weapons. xD

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »
Since Drowdeviant asked an important question, I'll answer here.

I was going to use Dallas as the starting point, unless people had a strong attachment to another place. Also I'm doing well enough. :p

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2017, 02:44:32 PM »
Since Drowdeviant asked an important question, I'll answer here.

I was going to use Dallas as the starting point, unless people had a strong attachment to another place. Also I'm doing well enough. :p

...I like the locale of Dallas, just think it might be a little too dangerous. You're basically sandwiched between CAS forces and invading Aztlan Forces. xD

Maybe something a little less hostile, maybe the Miami metroplex or somewhere in the Caribbean league. Both are somewhat more mafia/gang controlled but at least you aren't in between two warring armies trying to turn each other into Swiss cheese. xD

Plus both have cool magical shit going on! xD

...Also piracy! xD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:49:58 PM by Drowdeviant »

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
  Ooh, invaders, ey?  :)  Sounds dramatic!  Is it open war, or still covert? 

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2017, 10:10:09 PM »
  Ooh, invaders, ey?  :)  Sounds dramatic!  Is it open war, or still covert?

Azlanter forces rarely are subtle muse. Though there are rumors of espionage happening with Azlanter agents posing as refugees. xD

in short we're on the border of an active war zone in the current time line. xD

Offline Marie Reynolds

« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2017, 05:22:47 PM »
Would there still be room for another player?

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2017, 05:24:11 PM »
Would there still be room for another player?

*shrugs* There might be.

What kind of guy or gal were you thinking of playing if I may ask? xD

Offline Marie Reynolds

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »
Not quite sure, to be honest yet. I usually play some type of mystic adept mixed with being a fixer.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »
I leave it up to you three.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2017, 10:46:25 PM »
I leave it up to you three.

I vote to include Marie then. xD

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2017, 08:12:55 AM »
I give a resounding Aye to accept Marie. 

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2017, 09:05:06 AM »
AFK 'til the fifth.  Have a good time everyone. 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2018, 03:39:08 AM »
New tool I found, which may help people in the new year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JhYH6gB8M0G7TEyEHhyBI0R6eLBergIh1ozQpS2NboI/edit?usp=sharing

It's supposed to do the decking math for you, so that can be helpful if you're going to be orthodox and don't want to math.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2018, 09:42:36 PM »
*Peeks* 

I'll be back in town in three days. 

I'm still really excited.  is Marie joining us? 

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »
Haven't seen a no. So it seems like yes.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
Haven't seen a no. So it seems like yes.

A no from me, Dallas just seems too much of a war zone for me. xD

Already threw up suggestions for other locales. :3

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2018, 01:02:14 PM »
I was referring to Marie's possible inclusion. I don't think I saw a no to that. :p

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »
I was referring to Marie's possible inclusion. I don't think I saw a no to that. :p

Oh that. xD

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2018, 02:18:36 PM »
Yes, that. And don't worry. I'll move the city to far away Ft. Worth.

Or you know, something a little more familiar.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
Yes, that. And don't worry. I'll move the city to far away Ft. Worth.

Or you know, something a little more familiar.

I just said that cause in current canon the big epicenter of military conflict has become Denver and anyplace in the central former U.S. (those damn azlanters want more blood and land so they've invaded shit from the south).

I just like the south east and Caribbean league in general at the moment, kind of a good mix of corp presence but also enough lawlessness to be a fun place to play around in. :3
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:25:59 PM by Drowdeviant »

Offline craeric

« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »
i'm game anywhere.  know i've been silent, just waiting for it to start.  if you still wnat me.

Offline RSGAlex

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
You're still in.

So just lemme mark
Not quite sure, to be honest yet. I usually play some type of mystic adept mixed with being a fixer.
this one some how, and we'll hopefully start nice and soon.

Offline LSWSjr

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »
I’ve got both 20th Anniversary and 5th Ed but never got the chance to try them out, would love if a game popped up :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2018, 06:17:24 AM »
*peeks*  Would be great if this went somewhere! 

Offline wander

• Cheeky Brit Next Door // Creator of Wander Worlds
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2018, 01:03:50 PM »
I wouldn't mind playing if we used Shadowrun: Anarchy.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2018, 01:05:45 PM »
I wouldn't mind playing if we used Shadowrun: Anarchy.

...I kind of don't like Anarchy for obvious reasons. :P

Offline wander

• Cheeky Brit Next Door // Creator of Wander Worlds
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2018, 01:24:57 PM »
Not trying to derail the thread, I was wondering why? I like it as it really cuts down on the filler crunch of the setting and makes character generation way faster and easier. Though I realise I may be in the minority to think that.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »
Not trying to derail the thread, I was wondering why? I like it as it really cuts down on the filler crunch of the setting and makes character generation way faster and easier. Though I realise I may be in the minority to think that.

That’s why I don’t like it. Shadowrun kind of doesn’t feel right to me without the filler crunch. I get why they made Anarchy, it’s just not the kind of thing I look for when trying to find a Shadowrun game. :P

Offline LSWSjr

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »
I remember reading Anarchy and thinking, Why would I use this instead of just transferring the setting to something I’m more familiar with? Either run with your Shadowrun edition of choice or port the setting to something that’s easier/well-known :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Online Thorne

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2018, 07:38:01 PM »
Having Herolabs, I can set up a standard sheet pretty quickly, so that isn't as big an issue as it could be; albeit I think I'm missing some of the flavor books. *shrug*

If you just want the setting, you can really run it with almost anything that will support the various aspects of the setting.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, honestly.

Offline LSWSjr

« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »
Having Herolabs, I can set up a standard sheet pretty quickly, so that isn't as big an issue as it could be; albeit I think I'm missing some of the flavor books.

Chummer’s always worth a look for 4th and 5th edition characters, it also includes the extra content translated from the German releases that often went above and beyond what we got in the English releases.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2018, 10:06:06 PM »

:)  Well, for starters D.D. and I have fifth edition characters allready standing by. 

Online Thorne

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2018, 11:35:53 PM »
I think mine is also built to SR5e standards.

For some reason - and this is my experience, YMMV - it seems easier to teach the game in person. Might just be me, though; everybody learns differently.

Online Drowdeviant

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2018, 11:38:48 PM »
I think mine is also built to SR5e standards.

For some reason - and this is my experience, YMMV - it seems easier to teach the game in person. Might just be me, though; everybody learns differently.

Well most tabletop rpgs are easier to learn in person in my experience (mind you that's dnd "next" and dnd 5e)