Can't edit/correct a post on PROC anymore?

Started by gaggedLouise, October 19, 2017, 03:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

I noticed earlier today, after making a brief post about Mr. Trump in his thread on the PROC board, that there was no option to edit the post anymore. This was just minutes after I had posted, so it wasn't about a term coming to an end (some other istes I've been to allow you to edit up to an hour after posting), and I'm still able to edit posts I've made on any other subforums, even when they're years old.

Is there a deliberate change here, to make it more difficult to troll people on PROC or to stop people from (in theory) covering their tracks? Or is it just some bug after a coding update?

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

persephone325

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 19, 2017, 03:54:14 PM
I noticed earlier today, after making a brief post about Mr. Trump in his thread on the PROC board, that there was no option to edit the post anymore. This was just minutes after I had posted, so it wasn't about a term coming to an end (some other stes I've been to allow you to edit up yo an hour after posting), and I'm still able to edit posts I've made on any other subforums, even when they're years old.

Is there a deliberate change here, to make it more difficult to troll people on PROC or to stop people from (in theory) covering their tracks? Or is it just some bug after a coding update?

I believe it's to stop people from editing after the fact and "covering their tracks", as you put it. I don't often venture into that board, though.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

gaggedLouise

Quote from: persephone325 on October 19, 2017, 04:07:14 PM
I believe it's to stop people from editing after the fact and "covering their tracks", as you put it. I don't often venture into that board, though.

It must be a fairly new change anyway; it's always been possible before and I think I made edits and expansions to recent posts of mine there only last week.

persephone325

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 19, 2017, 04:13:57 PM
It must be a fairly new change anyway; it's always been possible before and I think I made edits and expansions to recent posts of mine there only last week.

Must be. I can't edit my most recent post either. But I know I could in the past.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement, though. Maybe one is on the way. I just know that there's been a lot of heated things happening over there. That's probably the most likely reason why they changed it.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Vekseid

I disabled it because someone abused their privileges there, and since it wasn't the first time, I figured just to shut it down.

Been juggling a lot of things lately.

gaggedLouise

Okies, thank you for clarifying this. No major issue, I'll just have to watch out for typos, dodgy links and such. :-)

Fury Aphrodisia

Thanks for this thread. I was wondering the same, ended up triple-posting. Sorry for that.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~