You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pathfinder Game Wanted  (Read 1831 times)

Offline persephone325Topic starter

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Pathfinder Game Wanted
« on: October 08, 2017, 12:17:53 AM »
So, I've been trying to find a Pathfinder game to join for a while. The only problem is, I'd like a game that doesn't really have any smut. When I play D&D games, I prefer to focus on the story and adventure rather than the sex and smut.

So, a Pathfinder game with no sex! ^^ And a fun story/adventure. :-)

Offline Blinkin

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Pathfinder Game Wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 05:21:50 AM »
Actually, I've only seen a relatively few PF games on here that actually involved sex at all. Lots of sexy characters, but in 5 years, I can count the number of sexual encounters that I've played out on one hand. Most games sideline the smut to keep games from bogging down and dying from the smut factor. Your best option is to talk to GM's of games being offered and see how they deal with it.

It's more often an issue of individual smut minded players than smut driven system games.

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »
Actually, I've only seen a relatively few PF games on here that actually involved sex at all. Lots of sexy characters, but in 5 years, I can count the number of sexual encounters that I've played out on one hand. Most games sideline the smut to keep games from bogging down and dying from the smut factor. Your best option is to talk to GM's of games being offered and see how they deal with it.

It's more often an issue of individual smut minded players than smut driven system games.

Okey-dokey! I'll keep an eye out for them. ^^

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »
Most of the GMs that I''ve worked with, myself for an example, put up a side thread for the players who just have to have sexy times in the game. This both cuts down on disruptive and stalling scenes and gives the players a place to do it if they want without bothering anyone else with it. So, unless the game is specifically sex driven, like two of the current offerings, it's usually fairly safe to play. But, GM's don't mind answering questions.

Offline firepyre

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 05:59:00 PM »
You sound like the kind of player I'd like to attract to my game. If you haven't already, take a look. Sex is allowed, but not intended to be a focal point.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276390.0

As a sidenote, if you'd prefer to play games with absolutely no sex, sites like RPOL might better cater to your needs. one of E's biggest selling points is the lack of limits, so it's hardly surprising that it's a challenge to find a good ol' family friendly adventure.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 06:38:31 PM »
You sound like the kind of player I'd like to attract to my game. If you haven't already, take a look. Sex is allowed, but not intended to be a focal point.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276390.0

As a sidenote, if you'd prefer to play games with absolutely no sex, sites like RPOL might better cater to your needs. one of E's biggest selling points is the lack of limits, so it's hardly surprising that it's a challenge to find a good ol' family friendly adventure.

I don't know how I missed that in my search. >.< Thank you for the link!

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 07:51:28 PM »
Kinda want to bump this again.

I'd like a somewhat slower paced game, if possible. I have so many character sheets I've made for games that never happened. :-(

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
Hey Pers,

Are you anti sex at all or is there limits? Been considering a Pathfinder Game on E for a while but my personal philosophy is essentially libertarian? If on E people in the party wanted to have sexual based themes that would be ok, but I would still be DMing a 1 to 20 adventure path Pathfinder game? Does that make sense? Was gonna see if people were interested, figured I would ask if someone like you, someone seeking a basic pathfinder game found such a premise appealing?

Any answer is great, helps figure out the general attitude of a receptive Pathfinder audience?

Offline wander

• That Tired Lone Brit-lad // Geek-Nerd in a T-shirt // Not A Gentleman
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Degrader, Daddy, Sadist, though Master to Noone.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 04:02:20 PM »
I'd have to venture in my collection of rpgs and see if I got the Pathfinder corebook, though I love the thought of taking Lv.1 characters and following through with them across a campaign like that. Long as there's some rollplay and system use involved, I don't mind if sex is less prevalent or relegated to side-threads.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 04:05:06 PM »
Hey Pers,

Are you anti sex at all or is there limits? Been considering a Pathfinder Game on E for a while but my personal philosophy is essentially libertarian? If on E people in the party wanted to have sexual based themes that would be ok, but I would still be DMing a 1 to 20 adventure path Pathfinder game? Does that make sense? Was gonna see if people were interested, figured I would ask if someone like you, someone seeking a basic pathfinder game found such a premise appealing?

Any answer is great, helps figure out the general attitude of a receptive Pathfinder audience?

I'm wouldn't be opposed to the use of a side thread for sexual encounters, like Wander mentioned. It's more a personal preference based on the fact that I don't have a ton of experience with Pathfinder, and feel like that would distract me; or take away from the overall feel of the game. If that makes sense?

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 04:11:00 PM »
I'm wouldn't be opposed to the use of a side thread for sexual encounters, like Wander mentioned. It's more a personal preference based on the fact that I don't have a ton of experience with Pathfinder, and feel like that would distract me; or take away from the overall feel of the game. If that makes sense?

I totally understand. As a DM who mostly DM's for only guys, sex is not usually an element in our games and I can see how it would somewhat distracting. My only hope would be that we could find a way to not leave people who wanted to explore those elements, which I am not opposed to seeing how it plays out, to be left behind everyone who wanted to just grind along the story?

I'd have to venture in my collection of rpgs and see if I got the Pathfinder corebook, though I love the thought of taking Lv.1 characters and following through with them across a campaign like that. Long as there's some rollplay and system use involved, I don't mind if sex is less prevalent or relegated to side-threads.

There is a more open minded, ambitious Adventure path called Kingmaker that I have been really tempted to try on E. It is an adventure path or campaign written by the creators at Paizo that covers 1-20 levels but unlike more stringent ones, is more flexible: which would suit E. The basic story is about how someone in the party ends up the ruler of a lawless, heirless nation. Could be fun?

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 04:19:54 PM »
I agree with the others, My preference is to keep sex to side threads and focus on the roleplaying of characters in the main thread with the adventure. It might be fun to run from 1st to 20th; I've never actually done that. The concern about leaving people behind in side threads is to make sure that the player knows that dropping their drawers may mean getting a bare butt poked with a spear or getting left behind because everyone else sees something sparklie in a cave... or something like that. When you get down to it, while sex scenes can be extensive post wise, time wise, it's usually less than half an hour if you're being somewhat realistic and anyone who jumps behind the bushes for a romp while the party is taking a break deserves to be left behind.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »
I would love a longer campaign, seeing as I've only been part of ones that either only lasted a few weeks before fizzling out, or never even got off the ground. I have so many cool character concepts that I never got to play out. :-(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:41:51 PM by persephone325 »

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »
I've been wanting to play a dwarven warpriest and since dwarves are considered the least sexual creatures in fantasyland, it would be a fine chance to try one out.

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 06:58:08 PM »
I'd enjoy the Kingmaker campaign, sure. :)

As for sex in side-threads, you just fade to black in the main thread and continue onwards there like nothing happened. You can then write what happened in the timeskip in the side-thread, as it'd only be detailing a sex scene. Pretty simple, eh? :)

What books would I need for play? I do have a whole bunch of Pathfinder stuff, I just want to make sure I got the correct stuff. Like, has the corebook changed over time or is any printing okay to use?

I'd probably go with Halfling for race, as I like to play archers and faces.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 10:44:11 PM »
Admittedly, I know basically nothing about Kingmaker.

Like I said, I'm pretty much a noob. lol Sorry.

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 03:22:39 AM »
You're not really suppose to know anything about it, that makes it more fun. ;)

It's an adventure path and you can download the player guide for t for free on the paizo website. I've started to play it twice, but never got beyond a couple of post.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 03:53:08 AM »
You're not really suppose to know anything about it, that makes it more fun. ;)

It's an adventure path and you can download the player guide for t for free on the paizo website. I've started to play it twice, but never got beyond a couple of post.

Ah, I see.

I wonder what kind of classes/races are allowed. I'll have to find the player guide.

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 03:59:29 AM »
It's old enough that it only list the core classes, but there's a place for nearly any class that the GM wants to allow. It starts out exploring the untamed forest sort of setting, but ends up as nation building with the {PC's being the leaders of their own little kingdoms, if I recall.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 04:00:17 AM »
It's old enough that it only list the core classes, but there's a place for nearly any class that the GM wants to allow. It starts out exploring the untamed forest sort of setting, but ends up as nation building with the {PC's being the leaders of their own little kingdoms, if I recall.

That sounds like a lot of fun. ^^

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 05:18:46 AM »
If only Pathfinder had a pixie as a playable race, I love playing pixies...lol

Online Roleplay Frog

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 03:21:47 PM »
If only Pathfinder had a pixie as a playable race, I love playing pixies...lol

There you go.

I don't quite get the problem with lewds in a campaign, I mean there is an entire non-adult stuff forum here to dig through. *shrugs*

Oh and I would applaud anyone capable of making a campaign and finding players dedicated enough to 1 from 20 it, erotic or not. Best I've managed to get, consistently was about 5 levels a campaign and after a few years of that I kind of re-tailored my dming style to not be longer. I'd rather have a campaign of ~4 levels completed than get overambitious and see people go inactive. Start people out as lvl 2-3 for 'adventured a bit already/talented, end the campaign before they get some of the more rediculous spells on fifth grade, usually a good time adventuring together.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 03:57:02 PM »
I don't quite get the problem with lewds in a campaign, I mean there is an entire non-adult stuff forum here to dig through. *shrugs*

Having it right there in the thread just detracts from the overall game, in my opinion. Besides, I'd rather just focus on being a bad ass adventurer than banging someone - which is something you can do in real life anyway. lol

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »
I remember reaching Lv.5 in 3.5 with my friends in an IRL tabletop campaign from a Lv.1 start. It was a pretty fun time.

Doing timeskips for sex keeps the plot rolling as the other's don't have to wait for weeks for the pair to finish up. They can write what they did in the timeskip in a side-thread, so they can enjoy that and keep the plot and rolling moving along.

The Kingmaker Player Guide seems to allow all the races and classes from the corebook, with some fluff writing on how to get your choices more involved in the locale around Brevoy. There's also a choice for your character of a Campaign Trait to choose from that gives a modifier to a specific activity based on what backstory you go with, plus basic info on the area of Brevoy the campaign takes place in.

You'd still need the corebook or the SRD to make your character up. Also, I got no idea what's up with Paizo's website atm, though clicking on a whole bunch of things tends to send you a different page altogether than the one wanted.

Online Roleplay Frog

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »
Having it right there in the thread just detracts from the overall game, in my opinion. Besides, I'd rather just focus on being a bad ass adventurer than banging someone - which is something you can do in real life anyway. lol

Flipside, you can be bad ass -and- bang people. 80's action movies taught me this. I understand lewd-fatigue if thats all there is, but then again. *chuckles*

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
Flipside, you can be bad ass -and- bang people. 80's action movies taught me this. I understand lewd-fatigue if thats all there is, but then again. *chuckles*

That's fine. ^^ But not what I'm looking for, really.

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »
I have to agree with Pres. I don't mind sexy times in a game, but keep it out of the main thread. If someone wants to screw everything in sight, a time skip works well enough, but bogging the game down for everyone else is hard to deal with when everyone else wants to adventure, explore and do stuff other than get screwed. I've seen more than one player who seems to design characters with smuty times foremost in their minds. I mean, how many chain mail bikinied Amazonian nymphs do you have to see to figure out the purpose... nevermind futa/herm characters dying to tell you all about their dicks.

Sadly, the most that I've seen in advancement is 3 levels, starting at 1st; mainly because the players drop, the GM gets discouraged because of player/character antics or two characters get into a pissing match and refuses to step down until one of them drops rather than deal with the smell of urine. Level really doesn't seem to matter in how long a game runs so much as players getting into the game and then disappearing for whatever reason. Drop rates stand at a fairly consistant 60% within 3 weeks of game start.

At any rate, I try to GM chapters rather than try to plan a long term game; sort of like the parts of an adventure path, with defined goals and events and leaving a lot of leeway for the players to have fun with. I firmly believe that if you're not getting the game that you want, that you should work with the GM to get said game, rather than dropping.

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
Yep, there's one GM who quite rightly says something along the line of, there's a goal to the adventure, if your character wants to vanish and would rather not be a part of the party and would rather run into the forest to find the hidden elf village, your character is gonna die and never be heard from again.

I tend to have a character concept in mind, build them up, make sure their equipment is sorted and try my hardest to find an image representative of that. Ideally, I'd love to play a charismatic halfling archer in a game. Unsure on class, Ranger seems a good one for archery though favoured foes would need some GM discussion to make use of that.

I dislike PvP. I'd much rather attack baddy npcs and get some treasure and xp than have to act in self-defence because someone's playing Lawful/Chaotic Stupid or Stupid Evil.

An issue I find with a fair few people here is they want their character to be 'the main character' and special snowflake them up or min/max them when taking advantage of the rules, backstory be damned. This isn't good for a group game where everyone has their own schtick and thing to bring to the table and sure doesn't work when you're Lv.1 and getting wounded/killed is a thing that can quite likely happen. The solution is that the party of PCs works together, accepts everyone has their place and a time to shine and everyone gets eachother's backs lest they need a helping hand next time.

I guess I'm saying long as players are humble and like some good ol' fashioned working together rather than try to steal thunder, there is a bunch of fun to be had.

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2018, 07:05:07 PM »
Amen Brutha! lol

I try to come up with a compitient character, but not one that's maximized for anything. I much prefer someone that fills a nitch in a group than one that tries to be everything and rule the roost, so to speak. It's a lot more fun if you're not looking at massive ego's or characters who want to be someplace else. That's why I personally hate the character type that I keep seeing in every game; the "I really don't want to be part of this bunch, " or the "I'm granting you the privlegde of my present... pee-on." attitude. If I find myself in a faceoff with another player who wants to take it into PVP, I'm just walking away from the game. I don't do PVP and I've been known to walk away from a tabletop group over it.

Sadly, when I play rangers and want to pick a favored enemy that may actually make an appearance in the game, nearly all of the GM's ignore the question and, as a result, the class feature is wasted.  If I'm running, I would be happy to give a ranger character some ideas of what they might see instead of forcing someone to lose something that their character should have.

Of course, I'm also of the opinion that Rangers should have access to more critters than the pitiful ones that they do. What's wrong with a ranger having a panther or a bear? lol

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2018, 07:21:58 PM »
Yeah, I guess Bard would make a second best for the charismatic archer concept as they can take a shortbow, which suits a halfling. Back on Ranger, in 5e I'd play them as a Hunter, which trades the animal companion for more of a sniper sort of build, which is more the reason I take it. I always see animal companion as a Druid thing myself.

It does make me wonder why someone would make a character in a group game that's whole thing is 'I don't want to associate with you'.

Online Chanticleer

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 02:17:58 AM »
Just weighing in here, as I've been a tiny bit noisy on the PF discussion thread else-forum:

I'm pretty new here, but in my browsing so far, most of the games that seem to've lasted a while seem to be keeping any sexytimes in side-threads so they don't in any way impact the main plot/adventure moving forward. I can take that or just a no-sexy-times-please game, either way, but I'd love to play some Pathfinder.

I haven't previously played Kingmaker, just We Be Goblins and a little bit (not ENOUGH!) of Strange Aeons. I'd love to give KM a shot, regardless of the 'odds of completing it to level 20.'

The journey's the point, right? Finishing a long campaign is actually a sad moment in my experience. Yeah, cool, we won, woo...Now we can't play those characters further.

As to character build philosophy, I don't like utter min/maxing, because if people can at least half-assedly fill two roles instead of one, the party has a better chance of surviving when one person goes down. Flexibility works, who knew? If it takes an extra round to kill things because people are doing 1-3 hp less damage per attack, so what?

TheScarletBlade, I couldn't tell if you were actually offering to GM or not (you said you'd been "thinking about it"?) but I'd love to participate in it if you do!

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 05:18:46 PM »
Alright, I am back! Was gone for a little while. Down here in Georgia at the federal law enforcement center, doing some training. Graduate later this week so its not an issue.

As for offering to do it, If people are interested then I am willing to do it. Just looking over the thread whilst I was gone, it seemed like there was interest. If thats not the case then I'm fine with just keeping everything hypothetical. I will reiterate that I have been dming for almost a decade in multiple systems but never any systems on E, so bare with me on that front.

So I've mentioned before and I think Wander mentioned it, that Kingmaker is an adventure path created by Paizo. Books required for the players is only the players hand guide and if you want it, the kingmaker players hand guide. That is only optional though. As for what I like as a GM and what I approve, my answer is anything you can prove to me exists in a book. Personally I have PDF's of all pathfinders books and can pass them out. I also use a free phone app called Masterwork Tools:Pathfinder Open Reference(I think thats the name) Its essentially a collection of everything in the books. If whatever race, archtype, class, discipline or feat is in that reference or one of the books, its approved: if I can look it up. I prefer that random home brew stuff be left out. 

Hopefully odds of completing 1 to 20 would be good, because of the broken nature of adventures allows the subbing of people in and out but even if we don't get there, that's ok with me.

Wander there is a bad ass crossbow based sniper under I think the rogue, that can do ranged backstabs that is like a straight sniper. Hobbit death from the shadows lol.

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »
Neat. :)

I'd like to jump in, sure.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2018, 07:56:01 PM »
What do you expect the posting rate to be?

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
Personally I have never been a stickler about intense posting, I am willing to go along with the consensus. With my job, I've definitely struggled with posting before, So I don't hold it against people.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2018, 08:15:26 PM »
Personally I have never been a stickler about intense posting, I am willing to go along with the consensus. With my job, I've definitely struggled with posting before, So I don't hold it against people.

Okey-dokey then! Color me interested. ^^

Offline Blinkin

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
I'll throw in with a dwarven warpriest of Torag.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2018, 11:32:20 PM »
I might throw up an idea or two. I have an Empty Quiver Archer that I've been dying to play...

I agree with keeping sexy stuff to a side thread, rather than nixing it completely.

Question: What would the stats be? Rolled, or Point Buy? And if I wanted to port over a DnD 3.5 Feat (Dead Eye; it lets you add dex to damage with a ranged weapon at 30ft or less so long as you have Weapon Focus with that weapon, 17 Dex and PBS), would that be acceptable?

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 12:15:34 AM »
I've only been looking through the corebook (so far) and the Kingmaker 18pg player's guide, what's the talk of like the extras and weird classes? Are these things from the Player's Guides? Or like prestige classes?

Seems like the paths you can take in later levels like 5e has. I'm somewhat of a noob for PF despite holding the books.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2018, 12:20:31 AM »
Well, there's a whole host of options including Alternate Classes, Archetypes and Prestige Classes. Archetypes, for example, basically modify the base class by replacing and modifying existing class features.

For me, when I say "Empty Quiver archer," I'm referring to a specific build of fighter that focuses on archery and smacking people with their bow. Basically Fantasy Green Arrow. :P

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 12:27:47 AM »
Yep, I don't see Archetypes mentioned in the corebook, so must be an extra thing in a Player's Guide I'm guessing. :)

Like I said, I'm pretty noobish to PF, despite having some prior history with 3.5 d20. ^^;

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2018, 12:33:32 AM »
Yeah, they're included in the more advanced books and supplements. A good place to find everything would be the Pathfinder SRD:

Linky

Everything related to Pathfinder you could possibly need :D

EG, my Archer Fighter would use the "Archer" Archetype for the fighter class, which trades several things, like Bravery, for a more archery-focused ability instead.

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2018, 01:55:00 AM »
Oh, I just haven't looked into any advanced books, I have the pdfs of a fair few though.  :-)

Kingmaker's little player guide makes it look like that it goes purely from corebook stuff though. Which kinda suits for what I'd do going in, start small and get accustomed to any differences to 3.5 before getting more involved with the system's nuances.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2018, 02:00:00 AM »
Well, the corebook would just say that it goes from corebook, but Pathfinder is such that any of the extra rulesets can be glued on without unbalancing anything. The archetypes don't make the Classes more powerful, just more...specialised.

Online Chanticleer

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2018, 02:07:27 AM »
Oh, I just haven't looked into any advanced books, I have the pdfs of a fair few though.  :-)

Kingmaker's little player guide makes it look like that it goes purely from corebook stuff though. Which kinda suits for what I'd do going in, start small and get accustomed to any differences to 3.5 before getting more involved with the system's nuances.

Hey Wander!

Kingmaker is such an early PF supplement that it predates most of the other classes. The link that Vergil supplied is an excellent resource. Go there, and in the left-hand column check out all of the Core, Base, Alternate, Hybrid and Occult classes.

Now then, buckle up Dorothy, get ready to leave Kansas and make sure your tray table is securely fashioned in the upright position; for EACH of those classes on the class page, you can scroll down to the bottom and you should see a table that says "Archetypes."

Each of those is a sort of a weird alternate version of the class. If you click the name on the left you'll get a short description. The table shows which of the original class's abilities are modified or lost when you take that alternate version (yes, you CAN take more than one if the changes don't overlap!). Some of them are amazing, a lot are very niche or bland.

I recommend we don't go into 3rd party stuff because it's off the hook enough already if all Paizo books are allowed. Thoughts?

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2018, 02:10:51 AM »
Stupid noob question; I assume that anything that specifically says "3rd party" is just that? There's no classes that are 3rd party that don't mention it?

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 02:22:41 AM »
Yes, precisely. Anything "Third Party" is either listed in the "Third Party" section, or listed under a different company. Basically, anything not published by Paizo is Third Party, but in the SRD, all of the 3rd Party stuff should be marked as such.

EG, the Archetypes: You have them listed by company. The first company is Paizo, and everything else is TP.

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2018, 02:31:45 AM »
Yes, precisely. Anything "Third Party" is either listed in the "Third Party" section, or listed under a different company. Basically, anything not published by Paizo is Third Party, but in the SRD, all of the 3rd Party stuff should be marked as such.

EG, the Archetypes: You have them listed by company. The first company is Paizo, and everything else is TP.

Okey-dokey. I have a character sheet that I put a lot of effort into, but never got to use. I'm hoping I can use her, should I get accepted into the game that'll be happening. ^^

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2018, 02:34:59 AM »
I have about twelve on file. I went through a phase where I'd made two a day for fun. xD

• Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2018, 02:37:43 AM »
I have about twelve on file. I went through a phase where I'd made two a day for fun. xD

lol Same. Though some are sheets for familiars.

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2018, 06:12:35 PM »
I might throw up an idea or two. I have an Empty Quiver Archer that I've been dying to play...

I agree with keeping sexy stuff to a side thread, rather than nixing it completely.

Question: What would the stats be? Rolled, or Point Buy? And if I wanted to port over a DnD 3.5 Feat (Dead Eye; it lets you add dex to damage with a ranged weapon at 30ft or less so long as you have Weapon Focus with that weapon, 17 Dex and PBS), would that be acceptable?

It might be I am super tired from training but shoot me a pm about this feat? You can even send me a link to it in 3.5. For some reason its not registering in my mind what the purpose of it is?

Yep, I don't see Archetypes mentioned in the corebook, so must be an extra thing in a Player's Guide I'm guessing. :)

Like I said, I'm pretty noobish to PF, despite having some prior history with 3.5 d20. ^^;

Compared to 3.5, archtypes kinda replace like the 100s of prestige classes. It allows you to sub out certain basic skills that the normal ranger give you for new ones. All archetypes and classes are allowed as long as you can show me where it is some book. That d20PFSRD site and the Masterwork Tools app mention what book they are in. As long as its a Paizo(who makes Pathfinder) feature its allowed. Personally homebrewed random stuff is too random for me: if that makes sense?

Also by what I mean by in a book, I mean dont need to screenshot it or something, just tell me what you are thinking? I can track down almost any feat/class/or whatever on Masterwork Tools in seconds to verify it.

Also on an unrelated note. I am very limited and exclusive for lack of a better word in my action on E, so maybe you more savvy folks can help me with advancing this thing? What posts should be created for recruit, where and why? Should we recruit more people? I am comfortable DMING any size group, I have no preference. Not sure what is too unwieldy for E. Definitely willing to take any input/ideas.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:14:44 PM by TheScarletBlade »

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »
Here in the left column of the site is the GM seeking Players board, you should do a recruitment thread there, so people can post their interest and character thoughts. :)

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2018, 11:39:15 PM »
Yhup. Basically, you create a thread in the "GM's Seeking Players," explain the setting, what you're looking for, what the tone of the game will be and rules for character creation (EG, prohibited classes / races, rolled stats or point buy, number of traits, etc etc), then see who's interested. I would suggest keeping the party to a maximum of five people. Any more and it gets...messy.

Also, PM incoming.

Online Chanticleer

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2018, 06:08:42 PM »
Yhup. Basically, you create a thread in the "GM's Seeking Players," explain the setting, what you're looking for, what the tone of the game will be and rules for character creation (EG, prohibited classes / races, rolled stats or point buy, number of traits, etc etc), then see who's interested. I would suggest keeping the party to a maximum of five people. Any more and it gets...messy.

Also, PM incoming.

I would counter that suggestion with a suggestion to take six AND to have a few people on standby. From what I've picked up so far, what seems to kill games most rapidly around here are people dropping out.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »
Eh, I've been in Pathfinder games with six party members. It takes a while to move, and you end up steamrolling most encounters. 5 is the maximum party you want, but with a shortlist of people who you PM if somebody drops out.

Online Chanticleer

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2018, 08:06:13 PM »
Eh, I've been in Pathfinder games with six party members. It takes a while to move, and you end up steamrolling most encounters. 5 is the maximum party you want, but with a shortlist of people who you PM if somebody drops out.

Seems to me that's a case of how the GM handles things. Is running 6 slightly different from 5? YES. It does require a little tweaking (but so can 5, depending on the party). However in terms of having more party interaction/sustain I think it's an improvement.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:10:43 PM by Chanticleer »

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2018, 07:39:51 PM »
I believe the Adventure path has the requisite info to raise the CR to fit a number of party members. Not sure, still looking over the books. Tomorrow is my last day of training so I will be a whole lot less busy and will get the thread up for recruit/characters.

I might of mentioned it prior but most adventure paths are 1 to 20, so if interested parties wanna start designing character to have them ready to post, by all means!

Also I am usually very rapid about responding to PM's, so any designs/ideas/comments are always welcome from anyone. 

Until tomorrow. 

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2018, 07:43:03 PM »
Oh God, we're doing Level 1? GET READY TO DIE EVERYBODY.

>.>

I tend to prefer starting a level or so higher since our characters are waaaaaay too squishy at level 1, haha. But it's not a dealbreaker! I'll start designing my level 1 Archer. :D

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »
I am fine with Lv.1, makes things easier in character generation I find. Also, I like the idea of raising my character up from start to Epic.

For sure doing Halfling, yet to figure out class. I want to something fairly martial though, my thoughts were to play a charismatic archer, though as Vergil is going archer, I may look into doing something kinda more like a Bard to go with the charisma as my character's schtick. I may look at the SRD to decide yet.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2018, 08:30:17 PM »
Pffft, Bard. BE A SKALD. It's basically a heavy metal bard!

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2018, 09:46:08 PM »
Heh, bard with barbarian rage seems super awesome, though maybe that's too METAL, even for me. ^^

Loads of archetypes for the Bard though, that'll keep me reading for a good long while.

... Though I gotta admit... That Skald is pretty damned tempting... Imagine a damn Hobbit metalhead...  :D

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2018, 09:52:22 PM »
He has a mullet that's longer than he is tall! xD

Online Chanticleer

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2018, 11:10:52 PM »
Skalds are terribly entertaining.  >:)

In every sense.

I actually like starting at level 1, myself.

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2018, 03:18:04 AM »
Well, that's decided then.  ;D

Online Chanticleer

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2018, 04:03:37 AM »
Meanwhile, I yam pondering an alchemist.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2018, 04:39:52 AM »
And I believe I have my character all worked out! I wonder what we're doing about Traits...

But since I'm itching to show somebody, who wants a peek at Drazzek? :P

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2018, 08:50:31 PM »
Any movement on the seeking thread? :-)

On a related note...I'm considering dropping the Archer Archetype (for various reasons), but since I like playing with Archetypes...I was considering making Drazzek a Mutagen Warrior. Thoughts?

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2018, 12:38:05 PM »

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2018, 12:38:25 PM »
Sorry it took so long, its been a hellish trip home.

Online Chanticleer

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2018, 01:49:58 PM »
Sorry it took so long, its been a hellish trip home.

I have it on good authority that real life is more important than getting gaming stuff going on internet forums.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2018, 07:51:39 PM »
I have it on good authority that real life is more important than getting gaming stuff going on internet forums.