You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

March 01, 2021, 01:22:12 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki is back on-line. Search non-functional for now.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Matrons of Evil (Pathfinder, Interest Check, Discussion)  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Naughty Miss AdventureTopic starter

Matrons of Evil (Pathfinder, Interest Check, Discussion)
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:51:50 am »
This is just something to check the amount of interest in a long running idea I've had, though never implemented.  This is likely something for the long run as I have no time to run the game in the immediate future.

Basically, the chance to play an evil character to the hilt, and not merely some bad girl with a ruthless streak - I'm talking anything from black magic, sacrifices, murder, laying kingdom spanning curses, ritual bestiality to summon fiends, and creating evil cults  - the works; depravity being the watchword of the day.  Did some noblewoman bitch sniff at you as if you were trash?  Ruin her lovel-dovey relationship with her husband the duke by seducing the clod and leaving them a broken pair.  Did you contract a disease?  Well, spread the love a little bit before curing your self.

I'm not thinking of venturing too deep into the descriptive gory details, just the implied.

Why a female cast?  Well, I find the seductive side of evil more appealing the than the brutish side, plus indulging in a little misandry would be fun ::)

The idea being a group of women, beaten, raped, and left for dead in the burnt husk of their village.  They swear vengeance of the kingdom responsible for initiating the witch hunt that lead to it all, especially since the kingdom has such a reputation for being a 'bastion of light' in the world with its soaring white buildings and 'noble' knights.

Is this something anyone would be interested in?

Offline evilnerf

Re: Matrons of Evil (Pathfinder, Interest Check, Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:15:25 am »
I'd be interested in this.

Offline Marie Reynolds

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:31:48 am »
I would be interested in this.

Offline Ron Don Volante

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 07:43:34 am »
Extremely interested.

Offline Kimmy

• Curiosity's pet & Muse's spark. Chained with a Demon's darkness & lifted atop an Angel's passion!
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • Darkness holds the most fascinating Rainbows!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 07:55:43 am »
You caught my interest at the title... Are you thinking of starting a story at the beginning - a level 1 sorta feel where we have to build up the power? Or were you thinking of more dangerous ladies with some power under their belts & a good chance at really summoning up a fiend or something to wreak havoc upon the 'noble' world?

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 08:20:52 am »
Thank you for the interest so far!

You caught my interest at the title... Are you thinking of starting a story at the beginning - a level 1 sorta feel where we have to build up the power? Or were you thinking of more dangerous ladies with some power under their belts & a good chance at really summoning up a fiend or something to wreak havoc upon the 'noble' world?
I do not have a fixed idea on the matter.  That's kind of what this thread is for; to find what interest potential players and the best way to go about this idea.  Personally, I'd like to see this kick off at 1st, but I do understand the frustration others may have at the inability to do very much at such a low level.

Offline Marie Reynolds

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 08:33:40 am »
Hmm , 1st with evil characters could be very interesting especially given the town being destroyed  fairly recently. Mid level  villains like level 3-5 could be just enough to give some variety and options. So i would be okay with  either of those two. Would there be  an classes out right banned?

Offline Ron Don Volante

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 09:00:26 am »
Have you played Tyranny? That has a lot of inspiration for a low to mid level Mythic campaign thought that would be considerably more power than 1st level.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:03:28 am by Ron Don Volante »

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 01:01:28 pm »
Have you played Tyranny? That has a lot of inspiration for a low to mid level Mythic campaign thought that would be considerably more power than 1st level.
Can't say that I have, but I might read up on it for inspiration and stuff.

Offline euanthe

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 03:47:31 am »
Hi! I'm at least plausibly interested. I'd much prefer a version that starts with the ladies at a slightly higher level and with their own power base, and, relatedly, I'd prefer to want to overthrow the kingdom and grind the king/queen beneath my high heel simply because it pleases me (and my partners) to do so - I'm capable of being evil with being raped to motivate me. Not sure if I've really explained that clearly, but, hopefully the idea comes across(?)

Offline Waldham

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 09:01:29 am »
Will you use the Golarion universe as you use the pathfinder system ?

Offline SINless

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 09:37:09 am »
This sounds like a great RP.

I'd love to be part of this. Just tell me where to sign up :P

Offline pdragon

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 12:35:31 pm »
Would it be alright to play the "token good" (or at least not blatantly evil) teammate? I had the idea for a "misunderstood necromancer" character who ends up getting lumped in with the rest of the party at the beginning of the adventure, and when the other women vow revenge she ends up getting dragged along as well because her powers make her useful. I liked the idea of a sort of feeble, weak willed character that the others would get to boss around and make take part in their various heinous acts. Her submissiveness and obedience would be stronger than her sense of righteousness, so despite being a "good" teammate she'd never actually go against the party or derail what's going on, so it wouldn't be a "thief and a paladin" kind of issue.

Offline JoanieSappho

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 11:42:52 pm »
Well, you've hit pretty much all of my major kinks in that pitch so ... count me in.
I would say we should have a bit of power to begin with. Not super high level, perhaps, but enough to skip the level 1 phase where housecats are a serious threat to our lives.

Offline eBadger

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 11:44:50 pm »
Very interested, lots of fun ways to go with this.  I'd also suggest having a couple levels to start, grand villainy is more interesting than being street trash. 

Offline JoanieSappho

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 12:12:49 am »
Oh. And considering that this is a Pathfinder game about being evil, would we/I be allowed to use content and rules from the Book of the Damned?
Since it's kinda all about being a demon/devil/other evil thing worshipping evil character, and has stuff in it that has already given me the basis for a character that would be a perfect fit for this, since there's stuff for following the evil female Eryines Queen of bloody vengeance in there.
Also for becoming a devil, such as an eryines, althouh that process takes multiple ingame years, significant effort and one 'pass or die' check, so it's probably more of an in-character goal than something that'll actually happen in the game.

Offline shmone else

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 08:53:22 pm »
I'm definitely interested in this, although I'd agree that starting above 1st would be nice since it allows for larger plays. First level characters are pretty weak, all things told.

The other potential issue with it I see is that revenge, especially revenge for petty slights, tends to be a more personal affair. It's just less satisfying to help sacrifice the Duke so that hiswhen you weren't even the one the Duchess snubbed, you know? Getting the motivation to go at things as a party seems like it'd be critical for this type of game.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 09:10:56 am »
Will you use the Golarion universe as you use the pathfinder system?
I don't really have any definite thoughts as to the exact setting.  It could be on Golarion, or some homebrew setting.

This sounds like a great RP.

I'd love to be part of this. Just tell me where to sign up :P
Right now, no active recruitment as I wouldn't actually have the time to run such a campaign, so it's probably something for the future.

Would it be alright to play the "token good" (or at least not blatantly evil) teammate? I had the idea for a "misunderstood necromancer" character who ends up getting lumped in with the rest of the party at the beginning of the adventure, and when the other women vow revenge she ends up getting dragged along as well because her powers make her useful. I liked the idea of a sort of feeble, weak willed character that the others would get to boss around and make take part in their various heinous acts. Her submissiveness and obedience would be stronger than her sense of righteousness, so despite being a "good" teammate she'd never actually go against the party or derail what's going on, so it wouldn't be a "thief and a paladin" kind of issue.
I suppose so; in theory, I don't actually have an objection to that.  I suppose it will depend on what a group would like to do.

Oh. And considering that this is a Pathfinder game about being evil, would we/I be allowed to use content and rules from the Book of the Damned?
Since it's kinda all about being a demon/devil/other evil thing worshipping evil character, and has stuff in it that has already given me the basis for a character that would be a perfect fit for this, since there's stuff for following the evil female Eryines Queen of bloody vengeance in there.
Also for becoming a devil, such as an eryines, althouh that process takes multiple ingame years, significant effort and one 'pass or die' check, so it's probably more of an in-character goal than something that'll actually happen in the game.
Of course!  The principle idea of this is to actually plumb the depths of an evil character, and not merely be a 'bad guy'.

I'm definitely interested in this, although I'd agree that starting above 1st would be nice since it allows for larger plays. First level characters are pretty weak, all things told.

The other potential issue with it I see is that revenge, especially revenge for petty slights, tends to be a more personal affair. It's just less satisfying to help sacrifice the Duke so that hiswhen you weren't even the one the Duchess snubbed, you know? Getting the motivation to go at things as a party seems like it'd be critical for this type of game.
Well, so far the idea is to get peoples opinions on what would constitute a a game of this type as I don't have too much of an idea of how to fix it up - the grand idea is there, but not the particulars - the ideas mentioned were just to get things started and give ideas of the particulars of potential character psychology.  That said, whilst a grand goal is always good, working each individual character angle is also interesting to me.

Offline Angie

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 11:09:10 am »
I think I have a bit of an idea. Maybe a character with demonic ancestry who discovers this after the, well, event that kicks off the plot, and then starts working towards awakening her demonic power. Succubus probably, because I mean...it's E, you had to expect that coming.

Offline JoanieSappho

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:09 pm »
We should probably do a bit of both, I think. Have a big unified goal "Let's turn this cliche male-dominated fantasy land that has general and specifically screwed us over into a matriarchal femdom fantasy land!" and also occasionally help each other out with settling scores on the side. Yeah, we're evil, but that doesn't mean we can't help each other out in between working on the main goal.

Said goal being to put men under our foot. And then slowly press down ...
(I still have no idea why I get excited by the idea of being all nasty to guyd, but it's a thing, apparently.)

Offline Ershin

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 04:28:32 pm »
I've had a character in mind I've wanted to throw into an evil campaign for a while now, a member of a cult to whom the soul of a long deceased paladin (or other type of champion/paragon) is bound, one who had valiantly defended a frontier village awaiting promised reinforcements that never came and swearing a curse upon her crown and country with her dying breath which caught the interest of the demon who the cult worships. It had taken them years to get enough of her remains which had been scattered far and wide as holy symbols and trinkets (similar to how the finger bones of saints etc were in real life), possibly generations after the fact.
I'd been thinking of portraying this with a Synthesist Summoner, the cultist being taken over mind and body by the fallen paladin for short periods of time with the two potentially having different personalities and goals, the cultist being meek and submissive (her mind possibly a little cracked by the ritual that bound the spirit to her) and the paladin being an aggressive zealot who becomes more and more demonic as time goes on (and more evolutions are added).

Offline Re Z L

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 05:14:42 pm »
I'd be interested in doing something of a Kineticist.  Typically their powers show up after something particularly traumatic, which could work well with the intro you have in mind.  Didn't have too much else in mind, though.

Offline euanthe

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 04:22:58 pm »
(I still have no idea why I get excited by the idea of being all nasty to guyd, but it's a thing, apparently.)

You and me both, sister! When I’m not feeling like I ought to be the one under the boot, anyway...

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 08:29:00 am »
We should probably do a bit of both, I think. Have a big unified goal "Let's turn this cliche male-dominated fantasy land that has general and specifically screwed us over into a matriarchal femdom fantasy land!" and also occasionally help each other out with settling scores on the side. Yeah, we're evil, but that doesn't mean we can't help each other out in between working on the main goal.

The idea occasionally tickles my fancy as well, hence part of the reason to put this idea up, lol

I've had a character in mind I've wanted to throw into an evil campaign for a while now, a member of a cult to whom the soul of a long deceased paladin (or other type of champion/paragon) is bound, one who had valiantly defended a frontier village awaiting promised reinforcements that never came and swearing a curse upon her crown and country with her dying breath which caught the interest of the demon who the cult worships. It had taken them years to get enough of her remains which had been scattered far and wide as holy symbols and trinkets (similar to how the finger bones of saints etc were in real life), possibly generations after the fact.
I'd been thinking of portraying this with a Synthesist Summoner, the cultist being taken over mind and body by the fallen paladin for short periods of time with the two potentially having different personalities and goals, the cultist being meek and submissive (her mind possibly a little cracked by the ritual that bound the spirit to her) and the paladin being an aggressive zealot who becomes more and more demonic as time goes on (and more evolutions are added).
It's an interesting concept, all things granted - in the end, who's in control really?  In the end, who's goals will be satisfied?

So far, it seems the general train of thought is putting down a patriarchy and do so by employing fiendish power in some capacity.

I had an idea that starts the characters as members of a small, evil village, but one that has been minding their own business and keeping to themselves.  The women in questions would already be pretty well versed in villainy and/or baser emotions, so it would cut on the 'exploring evil' phase of things.

Offline eBadger

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 02:40:23 pm »
Perhaps start as a coven of witches in the village?  Some could already be evil, others might be good, or even not involved themselves.  Church, king and knights roll through on crusade/inquisition, not too particular on who is a heretic and who is innocent family, and leave the village in ruins. Our group escapes, unified in hate and willing to do whatever we need to in order to get revenge and prevent this from continuing. 

I think playing up the 'righteous' doing horrible things and the 'evil' being a bit sympathetic could keep the campaign dark without just wallowing pointlessly in vileness.