You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 19, 2018, 12:39:27 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Are there any Elder Scrolls fans here?  (Read 415 times)

Offline dovaholicTopic starter

Are there any Elder Scrolls fans here?
« on: September 23, 2017, 02:03:59 AM »
Seriously, if any of you enjoy playing the Elder Scrolls video games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, etc.), I have been super desperate to find you guys.

You should all, like... hit me up on here or in my PMs, because I need friends. And maybe a few Elder Scrolls based rps too. ;n;

Offline CaptainNexus616

Re: Are there any Elder Scrolls fans here?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:07:11 PM »
*raises hand* First played Oblivion before Skyrim was a thing. I was terrible at the game since it was my first Bethseda product but it grew on me :P

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
Played Skyrim (finished it too) and have played ESO. Haven't for a while though.

Offline Lux12

• Eccentric Occult Glam Agent of The Unknowable.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »
Played Morrowind, Oblvion, and Skyrim and I have to say of all the fantasy worlds in any major video game franchise, the Elder Scrolls probably has my favorite lore. That's partly why it's driving me up the freaking wall a sixth game hasn't been announced. It's torture I tell you!

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »
Skyrim and Oblivion both were my playgrounds for the longest time.  I even have a CYOA story up combining Game of Thrones with Skyrim going on right now, so yes, I am most assuredly a fan.  ;D

Lol and I agree with you Lux, although I've only seen bits and pieces of Morrowind so I don't know that game near as well as I'd like to.

Offline dovaholicTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »
*nearly dies of happiness at the responses this board is getting*

Oblivion was my first game, then Skyrim, then I back-tracked to Morrowind. I have ESO for the PS4.

I am also being driven insane, waiting for Bethesda to quit re-releasing Skyrim and start working on TES VI, lol.

You guys should definitely pop by my PMs and plot with me, because I'm aching for a TES rp, honestly.

Offline SaturnCeleste

• Sassy Steampunk Seer
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: And I've bathed in Earl Grey--I'm really that keen!
  • I've been around the world in eighty brews
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »
I do!  I began online with Lady Moiraine's Morrowind if any of you old timers might remember.  I still play Morrowind on xbox.  I've played all the Elder Scrolls games but I'm really a Fallout girl.

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 06:11:28 PM »
If anyone's interested, I've learned of some ways to run RPs, even group stories between ESO and a forum. A discussion would be welcome.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 10:01:24 PM »
'dovaholic'. I feel guilty for not getting that.

I've put a ridiculous amount of time into Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim considering I've never bothered to actually -beat- them. Just keep going my own way. Too much fun brutalizing the thalmor repeatedly. <_<

Offline Vergil1989

• Gozer the Gozarian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 10:05:50 PM »
Lol....'guilty of that myself but tries not to show it.'  Ahem, no I didn't say anything.  ;D :-[

Offline Cognitive Brainfart

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 10:15:38 PM »
I played Oblivion for a while and also Skyrim. In fact, I still play it. Though my game is more of a "how many mods before it crashes" simulator xD
About a year ago I started looking at TES lore videos and kind of fell in love with it too :)

Offline King Serperior

• Elliquiy's First Case of CYOA Addiction ~ Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Biggest Monster Musume Fan ~ Emperor of Titles
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • What's this? What's this? There's color everywhere
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 10:46:39 PM »
I've played Skyrim, but only the vanilla game without the DLCs (really hope to play those at some point).

I'm hoping beyond hope that Bethesda will give me an Elder Scrolls game set in the homelands of the Khajiit or Argonians.  Those are, by far, my top two favorite races, in that order.

Offline midnightblack

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 11:18:29 PM »
I only ever played Morrowind and that was a long time ago. Still, for me it remains a fascinating rpg with a lot of inspiring content.

Offline CaptainNexus616

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 11:44:33 PM »

I remember having this happen to me in the game, then seeing this...I lol'd
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:46:50 PM by CaptainNexus616 »

Offline Mathim

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 11:45:01 PM »
*raises hand* First played Oblivion before Skyrim was a thing. I was terrible at the game since it was my first Bethseda product but it grew on me :P

I tried Oblivion and was aghast at the fact that you don't just slow down when you're carrying too much equipment, you literally can't move AT ALL. So I promptly returned that piece of garbage for having such an unforgivable oversight.

Fortunately Skyrim fixed that and, I assume, improved over it in many other ways as well. Found it a lot less glitchy than its Fallout counterparts (until FO4) but still a bit annoying in places, like unpredictable vampire attacks on towns that can kill named characters without any ability to prevent. Also would have been nice to have something comparable to VATS, if only for archery attacks, but maybe in the next iteration. If Fallout 4 is any indication of how much this generation of consoles can improve over the last, surely a new ES game can blow the rest out of the water. But really, I stopped playing Skyrim because, hard as it is for me to believe, there was just TOO MUCH to do. Fallout was always more finite and manageable (but would still constantly crash after a certain point) so if the scale was more like FO4, I'd probably find that more appealing.