You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 20, 2018, 07:13:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Brainstorming [1x1 + Groups]  (Read 331 times)

Offline lasciviousxleporidaeTopic starter

Brainstorming [1x1 + Groups]
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »
Hey there!

dang it, stop yelling at people, you'll scare them off

Gee, thanks for taking a look-see here!

So, I haven't really got any big ideas for RPs yet, but I figured this would be a great place to talk about any you want to throw my way!

My list of interests is extensive so I won't bore you with it now, but I'm up for pretty much anything to dive right in to!

Offline TheSamm

Re: Brainstorming [1x1 + Groups]
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:22:25 PM »
Ayyyyy

If you want, we can discuss plans on your thread since mine is already crowded with mine and Poppy's plans. Or feel free to message me, Idc really. :P

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »
I don't think I can message yet, so here is very good! :D

Offline TheSamm

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 12:06:17 AM »
I don't think I can message yet, so here is very good! :D
Oh that's right, I'm sorry! I already forgot what it was like to be new, haha. All right so, I mentioned in my thread that I was interested in doing something with superheroes, but I'm also always down for classical fantasy. If you're down with either of those, I can pitch an idea. If you wanted to do something else though, I'm open to ideas.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »
No worries! I got approved overnight so that's not even a concern anymore - go figure!

The superheroes idea sounded very good! Maybe they used to be teammates and friends but something broke the group up and now have a rivalry, especially for "turf?"

HA MAYBE -- maybe they both claim a certain villain as an "arch enemy" and show up to fight them at the same time and they're like "wait no, they're MY enemy, they can't be both of ours, that's just not how it works..." and fight over who's going to take down the villian. /gigglesnort

Silly, I know, but that's what popped in to my head. Sorry.

Offline TheSamm

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »
Oh hey, congrats!

I like both ideas, and especially the second one. That made me laugh. But cool, if you're up for that I'm ready to brainstorm.

So I can definitely work with us being ex-teammates, and fighting over turf/villains sounds great. We gotta think up a backstory for that, something that could have broken the group up like a tragic accident where people got hurt or a situation where a couple members got caught doing criminal activity themselves. Or, a situation where a couple of members just didn't get along and got into a fight, possibly physical. It could have been a combination of those things too, let me know what you think.

I'm also thinking our setting could be a big city (think Gotham), and if it's on the water though that gives us more environment to play in.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 11:30:07 PM »
Yesss that all sounds perfect!

Offline TheSamm

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 12:01:19 AM »
Okeydoke, we can kind of build the specifics after we decide on characters. So let me ask you this: do you have a preference when it comes to physical descriptions for characters? I do text descriptions in-post by default, but if you want to do pictures or photos I'm flexible about that. I just want to know if you use real people or anime pics, I really don't have a preference between them.

Oh, and also--I typically play male characters, does that work for you?

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 01:43:14 AM »
That works just fine! I usually play girls, so it'll be fun having an intergender rivalry! Sort of a "anything you can do I can do better and in high heels" thing!

For character appearance, I usually use pictures and a description, if it's just a headshot or if I'm in the mood - I don't mind either, really. Generally, I default to using real pictures over anime, but it depends on the feel of the RP. For this, I'm getting more of a real-life picture vibe? But I'm good with either. good god rabbit stop being so indecisive

Character sheets I know can vary a lot but would this be good? Add/subtract as needed!

Name:
Alias:
Race:
Powers & Abilities:
Sexuality:
Appearance:
Personality:
History & Secret Identity:

Offline TheSamm

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 12:51:57 PM »
Well, sure but forewarning: I don't like to play stereotypically macho male characters, I prefer to play characters who are a bit more like myself (that is, not super tall or built and more of an intellectual/athletic type), so I hope that doesn't detract from your vision. I find sometimes that people can be disappointed to learn that, which is fair, but that's why I'm warning you about it now. So that's your disclaimer, lol.

I don't have a preference at all when it comes to pictures,  so using real people is fine by me. And you're not being indecisive, you're just flexible like me lol.

The character sheet is perfect, I usually draw one up for each character I'm playing (if I'm playing multiple characters). Usually when I start a thread, I make an introductory post which I might decorate with graphics later when I get bored (feel free to do the same), then the next two posts are reserved for the character descriptions so we can reference them.

If all that sounds good to you let me know and I'll get started on my character.  :-)

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »
It all sounds perfect! I'm so stoked!

Offline TheSamm

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »
Hey, I'm just checking in to let you know I'm still working on the character lol. I got really swamped at work yesterday so I didn't have time but I'll be done at some point today. : P

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 01:35:28 PM »
Rad! It's ok, I took a much needed and very long nap. Lol

Offline TheSamm

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 06:00:19 PM »
Okay, sorry this is taking me so long but I gotta be honest I cannot find a picture for the person I am imagining in my head and I'm bored of looking. :/ I don't mind if you use a picture, but do you mind if I do mine in text? This is the most trouble I've had finding one since I started doing roleplays with them, lol.

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »
Omg no I don't mind at all! Honestly, I usually browse deviant art or tumblr until I find something I like and even when I'm doing those out of boredom, I tend to save pics I like to my laptop, so I've got something of a crazy stash! >.<

Offline TheSamm

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
Okeydoke, haha. I started collecting them in my spare time too but I haven't got much of a collection just yet. xP

So here's what I've got, let me know when you've done yours and I'll open a thread for us:

Name: Nathaniel Price (Nathan or Nate)
Alias: "The Hammer of Titan" (or just "the Hammer")
Race: Human
Sexuality: Bisexual

Powers & Abilities: While Nathan himself doesn't have any supernatural powers, his suit--nicknamed the "Cradle", as in Newton's Cradle-- allows him to absorb forces up to a certain amount of psi (think punches or kicks, impacts from jumping off of buildings--no more than 6 stories--and from hitting walls, that sort of thing) and then deal it back in a punch or a kick. He utilizes this ability in combat, but also to travel by bouncing across the tops of buildings. While the suit is somewhat bullet-proof and will absorb a portion of the shock of a bullet, Nathan will still take damage.

Appearance: Nathaniel is about 5'8" and weighs 145 lbs. He has a build somewhere between lean and athletic, ice blue eyes, and has messy blonde hair that hangs just below his cheeks. He ties it back when he goes out in disguise. The Cradle suit is almost skin-tight and is dark green, almost black. It has nodes for absorbing pressure and force on the hands, feet, shoulders, sides, hips, knees, back, chest, and abdomen. These are eye-shaped and white, and they glow faintly when the suit is activated. To cover his face, Nathan wears a black guard over his face that conceals his mouth and nose.

Personality: Nathan is generally quiet and keeps to himself on the day-to-day. He is polite and mild-mannered, but a bit lonely because he lacks any close friends. However, in the Cradle he is a different personality. Nathan can become cocky and competitive while in the suit, sometimes teasing his enemies by being weirdly nice to them or trying to conduct small talk during fights.

History & Secret Identity: Nathan works as a server at a steakhouse and likes to swim in his spare time. He currently lives alone in a studio apartment in a high-rise near the piers. Nathan acquired the Cradle when he inherited his grandfather's lab after his untimely and--let's be honest, highly suspicious--death. He found the suit while poking around in the old man's gadgets and decided to use it for a Halloween costume, only discovering its true power after being mugged on the way home from a party. From that point forward he began wearing the costume regularly and learning how to fight. He wound up selling the lab to his grandfather's old friend and business partner, which might have been a big mistake...

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 02:36:52 PM »
W I P

Name: Cassia Gesse
Alias: ---
Race: Human
Powers & Abilities: ---
Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance:
The Gesse daughter has the markings of her lineage in her appearance. There's a marriage of her father's French decent in the golden hue to her skin and her mother's fair eyes and hair; her cheekbones are high and her jaw is firm, but Cassia's mouth is soft, upper lip broken with a cupid's bow and the lower slightly fuller.

She stands at about five feet and six inches tall, but usually wears heels to make herself look taller. Her body is that of a well-practiced swimmer and she's stronger than she looks. Anything that could be considered extra weight only serves to anchance the curves under her simply sophisticated outfits.

Personality: ---
History & Secret Identity: Cassia is the daughter of a wealthy businessman and his socialite second wife; she has their good looks, a generous allowance, the trust fund and the occasional attention of the media whenever something news-worthy goes on with her father's company, but she'd rather not. The golden spoon has always left a poor taste in her mouth and although she's always tried to keep her philanthropist ways under the radar (even going so far to mask the news of a donation with a lavish party or scandalous tabloid appearance) she still as a charitable reputation among those who keep tabs on such things. She's something of a black sheep among her own family and although she remains in good standing with them, she lives mostly off her own investments.