Shindo Supremacy--planning for Kingdom Supremacy has begun

Started by Jezabelle, September 05, 2017, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ontan

… How have I not noticed this thread before?

It looks like I have a ton of catching up to do, but having read the premise and the rules, I was thinking of making a Krai-cultured, bureaucracy focussed character. For what it’s worth, the decision was mainly due to my love of ruthless, calculating types; it’s just a happy coincidence there weren’t that many bureaucrats on the PC roster yet. 

While my character will probably be Krai born and raised, I'm yet to decide which faction he'll be serving. Right now, it's a toss between the Krai Folk (obviously!) or one of the clans which only has a single player. That said, if people have any OOC preferences (e.g. wanting to be a solo player for their faction), I’ll do my best to accord with them.   

Zaer Darkwail

I say the ones who need most a bureucrat type is the clan Aka Ka, as their leader is war machine but needs bureucrat badly for buildings and organizing fleets etc. While besides Aka Ka another clan with just one char is Yunar Exiles (but clan leader is well rounded and got 3 dots in to bureucracy). There is of course Riverland Bandits but they are not great clan and are more criminals which wait to be stomped on the ground.

Xue

Ontan, honestly I'd go with either Aka Ka, or Yunar Exiles. They're both currently disadvantaged by having no one other than the clan leader.

A little balance would help out, I personally think.

Vonandi

FollonStars

Based on what you're kinda gunning for Ontan, I would join the Aka ka in your shoes. They are already ruthless in combat, why not also be ruthless in politics? You'd also be close to your homeland of the Krai Folk, if you'd still be on good-ish terms with them.

Ontan

Quote from: FollonStars on September 29, 2017, 12:09:33 PM
Based on what you're kinda gunning for Ontan, I would join the Aka ka in your shoes. They are already ruthless in combat, why not also be ruthless in politics? You'd also be close to your homeland of the Krai Folk, if you'd still be on good-ish terms with them.

You basically read my mind! The geographical proximity gives a good IC reason for a Krai serving with them, so that clinched it for me. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and thoughts!

Here's my character submission for the Aka ka's newest player. If there's a problem with the mixed heritage (or anything else, for that matter) just let me know.

Name: Ualan Yoson
Sexuality (IC): Heterosexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): ‘Fade to black’ for non-con. Please refer to player O/O for more!
Physical Description: Tall and poised, Ualan has the bearing of an educated man, though his cold stare and a few faded scars attest to the fact he doesn’t shy from violence. With effort, he can easily pass for either Krai or Yunar; it would take a good eye to realise his heritage is mixed. One odd feature is that Ualan does not bear the tattoos usually associated with Krai Folk.

Personal History:
In many ways, shinobi (ninja) and metsuke (censors) are reverse sides of the same coin. Both are agents of espionage, but where a shinobi spies on the enemy, a metsuke hunts closer to home. Moreover, a shinobi is beyond the law, but a metsuke wields it. 

Born to a family of wealthy-but-lowborn whalers, Ualan received a good education, but without the right political connections, he had to start his bureaucratic career as a lowly customs inspector. He enjoyed it all the same, relishing the thrill of the hunt as he pitted his wits against those of smugglers. He soon made a name for himself, and with enough triumphs Ualan was eventually promoted to the rank of metsuke and was assigned jurisdiction over the Krai-Aka ka sea lane. From then on, Ualan started to build up his own network of informants and spies throughout the region. He never shirked from getting his hands dirty, and he duelled several crime bosses and corrupt ministers throughout his career, but over time there was a shift in Ualan’s strategies. It was no longer single ships or lone rackets: he was starting to think big, and was building up the Emperor’s intelligence network accordingly.

Since the death of the Emperor, however, the chain of command has… shortened. The informants, spies, and enforcers are all still there, but Ualan no longer had anyone above him to report to. Seeking a new leadership to serve, he relocated his operations back to the familiar grounds of the Aka ka Clan – they might be uncouth, but at least they never begrudged his ‘ignoble’ heritage. 

Culture: Krai Folk (healers)
Ethnicity: Krai father, mixed Krai-Yunar mother. 

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Etiquette: ⭐
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

Inventory:  Lucky Torc [Tapped 0/2]

Edit: Lucky Beads renamed to Lucky Torc - just flavour text, really.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Ontan on September 30, 2017, 08:39:02 AM
You basically read my mind! The geographical proximity gives a good IC reason for a Krai serving with them, so that clinched it for me. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and thoughts!

Here's my character submission for the Aka ka's newest player. If there's a problem with the mixed heritage (or anything else, for that matter) just let me know.

Name: Ualan Yoson
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): ‘Fade to black’ for non-con. Please refer to player O/O for more!
Physical Description: Tall and poised, Ualan has the bearing of an educated man, though his cold stare and a few faded scars attest to the fact he doesn’t shy from violence. With effort, he can easily pass for either Krai or Yunar; it would take a good eye to realise his heritage is mixed. One odd feature is that Ualan does not bear the tattoos usually associated with Krai Folk.

Personal History:
In many ways, shinobi (ninja) and metsuke (censors) are reverse sides of the same coin. Both are agents of espionage, but where a shinobi spies on the enemy, a metsuke hunts closer to home. Moreover, a shinobi is beyond the law, but a metsuke wields it. 

Born to a family of wealthy-but-lowborn whalers, Ualan received a good education, but without the right political connections, he had to start his bureaucratic career as a lowly customs inspector. He enjoyed it all the same, relishing the thrill of the hunt as he pitted his wits against those of smugglers. He soon made a name for himself, and with enough triumphs Ualan was eventually promoted to the rank of metsuke and was assigned jurisdiction over the Krai-Aka ka sea lane. From then on, Ualan started to build up his own network of informants and spies throughout the region. He never shirked from getting his hands dirty, and he duelled several crime bosses and corrupt ministers throughout his career, but over time there was a shift in Ualan’s strategies. It was no longer single ships or lone rackets: he was starting to think big, and was building up the Emperor’s intelligence network accordingly.

Since the death of the Emperor, however, the chain of command has… shortened. The informants, spies, and enforcers are all still there, but Ualan no longer had anyone above him to report to. Seeking a new leadership to serve, he relocated his operations back to the familiar grounds of the Aka ka Clan – they might be uncouth, but at least they never begrudged his ‘ignoble’ heritage. 

Culture: Krai Folk (healers)
Ethnicity: Krai father, mixed Krai-Yunar mother. 

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Etiquette: ⭐
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

Inventory:  Lucky Beads [Tapped 0/2]

Approved!  Let me get ya on the roster.

Bedroom Lazarus

So i'm a bit confused since apparently a kidnapping on me has been ordered, how is this concluded, and how do I defend exactly..I'm a little confused on the bandit rule scheme for this.
Passion is something no man can resist eternally.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 
Open to ideas and messages

The Sins that Beckon Me

Jezabelle

Quote from: Bedroom Lazarus on October 15, 2017, 04:20:16 PM
So i'm a bit confused since apparently a kidnapping on me has been ordered, how is this concluded, and how do I defend exactly..I'm a little confused on the bandit rule scheme for this.

The bandits have to try to beat your score in the battle.  If they succeed, it's a Hard Escape roll (16).

Bedroom Lazarus

Passion is something no man can resist eternally.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 
Open to ideas and messages

The Sins that Beckon Me

Jezabelle

Everyone in a Clan with the proper facilities to do so, please remember to allocate one Growth Star to a skill your Clan has the facilities for--if you so desire.

Poll

Relikai

Late but I might be interested with the Yunar Exiles!

Name: Senzou Kaneshiwa
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-con with females permissible, no M/M RS.
Physical Description: Physically strong and muscular, able to fit perfectly in heavy armor and move as agile as a soldier in light. Standing at a towering 6ft, with broad shoulders and blonde hair, Senzou's dark eyes might make him look intimidating.

Personal History: Senzou was never known to be a holy man, or a religious follower. He believed purely in what he could see, talk to, and lead, meaning that only material things mattered to him. A mercenary of the Yunar Exiles, Senzou became well versed in the art of warfare, wanting to become the pinnacle of a general instead of a statesman. Instead of believing that the pen is mightier than the sword, he believed that a sharper and stronger sword is mightier than all other swords, and let a pen stop him when he marches upon the bureaucrats!

Still, he wasn't a chaotic person. While honor meant lesser than women, Senzou was known to be extremely loyal, hardly willing to step away from the commands of his Lord unless they seem impossible. However, his pride and masculinity prevented him from taking a step back, and would even choose death or capture over retreating unless it would save his men and clan from total destruction.

Culture: Yunar Exiles
Ethnicity: Yunar Exiles

Etiquette:
Bureaucracy: ⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐

Aiden

Yunar was in need of a general.

I think the cap on stats is 5, unless it has been lifted.

Pending your approval, welcome to the exiles. I'll just point you in the direction of our enemies. =D

Jezabelle

Quote from: Relikai on October 16, 2017, 04:07:29 AM
Late but I might be interested with the Yunar Exiles!

Physical Description: Physically strong and muscular, able to fit perfectly in heavy armor and move as agile as a soldier in light. Standing at a towering 6ft, with broad shoulders and blonde hair, Senzou's dark eyes might make him look intimidating.

Personal History: Senzou was never known to be a holy man, or a religious follower. He believed purely in what he could see, talk to, and lead, meaning that only material things mattered to him. A mercenary of the Yunar Exiles, Senzou became well versed in the art of warfare, wanting to become the pinnacle of a general instead of a statesman. Instead of believing that the pen is mightier than the sword, he believed that a sharper and stronger sword is mightier than all other swords, and let a pen stop him when he marches upon the bureaucrats!

Still, he wasn't a chaotic person. While honor meant lesser than women, Senzou was known to be extremely loyal, hardly willing to step away from the commands of his Lord unless they seem impossible. However, his pride and masculinity prevented him from taking a step back, and would even choose death or capture over retreating unless it would save his men and clan from total destruction.

Culture: Yunar Exiles

Etiquette:
Bureaucracy: ⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Looking fine with two exceptions:
1. To clarify again as I did with Cervantes, people who look Euro are ethnically Krai Folk.  This has no gameplay distinction though so I'm not too upset about it, just clarifying, the Yunar Exiles are generally aesthetically African.

2.  Cap on any stat is 5 stars.  That is a rather pressing concern.

Acknowledge 1 (you do not need to change anything b\c your culture can be Yunar Exiles w/o being ethnically) and address 2, then I would be fine with OK-ing your character.

Relikai

Personal History: Senzou was never known to be a holy man, or a religious follower. He believed purely in what he could see, talk to, and lead, meaning that only material things mattered to him. Because of events back home which lead to the death of his lover, Senzou became a mercenary of the Yunar Exiles, Senzou became well versed in the art of warfare, wanting to become the pinnacle of a general instead of a statesman. Instead of believing that the pen is mightier than the sword, he believed that a sharper and stronger sword is mightier than all other swords, and let a pen stop him when he marches upon the bureaucrats!

Culture: Krai Folk

Etiquette:
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Changes addressed!

Jezabelle

Quote from: Relikai on October 16, 2017, 09:56:18 AM

Personal History: Senzou was never known to be a holy man, or a religious follower. He believed purely in what he could see, talk to, and lead, meaning that only material things mattered to him. Because of events back home which lead to the death of his lover, Senzou became a mercenary of the Yunar Exiles, Senzou became well versed in the art of warfare, wanting to become the pinnacle of a general instead of a statesman. Instead of believing that the pen is mightier than the sword, he believed that a sharper and stronger sword is mightier than all other swords, and let a pen stop him when he marches upon the bureaucrats!

Culture: Krai Folk

Etiquette:
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Changes addressed!

Lovely, approved, you're in!  You'll want to PM Aiden if you have not already, seeing as he's in charge of your country.

Jezabelle

We need a replacement Clan leader or one of the Clans will need to be removed (Oshiro), odds are it'll be swallowed up quickly anyway but I figured I'd send out the call,

We can also ALWAYS use more characters for the various other Clans, and you can hop around b\t Clans.

The conflict is not going to result in a new Clan Leader just by a new pc swooping in, tho we are still taking characters.

Game State with Clan Oshiro Lands Grayed

AnnieSatin

Hold on wouldn't Emiko get the Oshiro lands and be clan leader??

Metraxa

Quote from: AnnieSatin on November 07, 2017, 09:09:50 AM
Hold on wouldn't Emiko get the Oshiro lands and be clan leader??

I dunno, in spite of last names you did defect to Gunba clan so it wouldn't be an automatic assumption of control

AnnieSatin

No one knows she defected tho. She's just been kidnapped so she could be "rescued" and take over control of the Oshiro clan.

Metraxa

I know that, I'm just giving my explanation for why Emiko taking over hasn't happened automatically in terms of game mechanics.

Also you say that no one knows, but I've seen at least a couple IC posts indicating that it's almost an open secret at this point (in that no one knows for but man this is awfully coincidental)