Pacific City: Young Heroes (We want YOU! ;D )

Started by Shobogun Lover, August 27, 2017, 01:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shobogun Lover

Pacific City - Young Heroes

An Overview

A massive oceanside metropolis on the west side of the United States.

Pacific City is known as a hub of art, industry, technology, science. Anything that one could dream of, one will find in the city. Millions of people inhabit this city and amongst those millions walk men and women possessing amazing powers. Abilities that no normal human possess. These men and women are referred to as supers.

Superheroes. Supervillians. They inhabit Pacific City, battling over the lives of the citizens and control of the city.

Our story, however, centers on the city's largest secondary education establishment - Pacific City Central High School. Located downtown on a large campus, spread across three buildings - classrooms, the gym/auditorium, and the administrative building - over half the teenagers in the city attend classes here. With such a large student body, it's obvious that rumors and secrets abound, and more than one student has a secret that's a bit more...explosive. Or freezing. Or floaty....supers. I'm talking about supers here.

Being a teenager is hard enough. Being a teen with super powers and a secret identity? God help us all.

This is a super hero RP for all ages, though I want most of the focus to be within the coming of age high school life. There are always others that get involved of all ages, though. Those 'cool' adults you ask for help, the police that settle situations, the teachers that care and nurture you, and more. I am accepting all ages from freshman in high school and up.

This RP is in the NC: Human category for language, violence, gore, etc. Not for sexually explicit scenes. There will not be any sexual scenes played out in RP. You can take any of that into private, and please only with characters of legal age.  C:)

I put this RP in this forum so that there would be the freedom for characters to play out whatever stories they have, not because it is a theme of the RP.

If you are interested in the RP, feel free to fill out reserves and profiles. Reserves can be put in here if you'd like, or you can message it to me. As a note, all profiles must be sent to me privately for approval before they can be put up! It's my way of keeping a check and balance on OP characters. This is a game meant for fun, not for dragging the other players down. :D

Already interested? Here's the reserve!

┏━                                                                                                          ━┓
First Middle Last

●  Nick Name   ●
age   student/teacher/other   username
powers (keep it brief and yes you can be a normal person with no powers)
┗━                                                                                                          ━┛

[center][size=20pt][color=color1]┏━[/color][/size]                                                                                                          [size=20pt][color=color1]━┓[/color][/size]
[color=color1][size=15pt]❝[/size][/color] [b][size=12pt] First [color=color2]Middle[/color] Last [/size][/b] [color=color1][size=15pt]❞[/size][/color]
[img height=125]http://i.imgur.com/0Wu7RM6.png[/img]     [img height=125]http://i.imgur.com/0Wu7RM6.png[/img]     [img height=125]http://i.imgur.com/0Wu7RM6.png[/img]
●  [size=10pt][color=color2] Nick Name [/color][/size]  ●
[color=color1]【[/color][size=8pt]age[/size][color=color1]】[/color]   [color=color1]【[/color][size=8pt]student/teacher/other[/size][color=color1]】[/color]   [color=color1]【[/color][size=8pt]username[/size][color=color1]】[/color]
●[i][size=8pt][color=color2]powers (keep it brief and yes you can be a normal person with no powers)[/color][/size][/i]●
[size=20pt][color=color1]┗━[/color][/size]                                                                                                          [size=20pt][color=color1]━┛[/color][/size][/center]

Ysenia X

┏━                                                                                                          ━┓
Maxwell Carter Graves x

●  Max / Echo   ●
twenty four   teacher - music   ysenia x
shapeshifting, vocal mimicry, vocal manipulation
┗━                                                                                                          ━┛

Rosario Ana Vasquez x

●  Rosa / Ironskin   ●
twenty seven   firefighter & EMT   ysenia x
iron skin, super strength

Autumn Stevie Walker x

●  n/a   ●
seventeen   student   ysenia x
no powers

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Shobogun Lover

Hi Mia!! I hope for it to be! :D I'm really focused on story telling and love getting people all involved in something larger over time. Honestly most of the characters I add are plot moving ones. If you have any ideas and wanna try something with us let me know!!

Anouk Daae

"Hannah   Marie Augustine"

●  Red, Hannie   ●
18   student, senior at Pacific City High   anouk daae
powers: thermovariance, thermal resistance, kinetic charging
┗━                                                                                      ━┛   

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: Anouk Daae on August 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM
"Hannah   Marie Augustine"

●  Red, Hannie   ●
18   student, senior at Pacific City High   anouk daae
powers: thermovariance, thermal resistance, kinetic charging
┗━                                                                                      ━┛
Cuuute! I can't read the beige text well but maybe that's because I'm on a phone lol.

I'll pop this on the front page!

MaverickKane

I can't see the beige that well either. It doesn't show up well on light colored backgrounds such as those the classic theme uses.

Anouk Daae

Lol ok sorry! The beige just says her middle name, which is Marie.
I'll edit it.

Anouk Daae

Shobogun Lover

Sorry, won't be home for another five hours. I'm at work. You were supposed to message me the profile, but it's already. No harm done! I'll read it over when I get home and update you after that!!

Anouk Daae

InnocentSynn

"Tristan Michael Kruger"

●  Trin, Blackout   ●
22   Senior in College   Josh Arcanum
Erebokinesis(Darkness Manipulation)

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: Josh Arcanum on August 31, 2017, 07:55:41 PM
"Tristan Michael Kruger"

●  Trin, Blackout   ●
19   Freshman in College   Josh Arcanum
Erebokinesis(Darkness Manipulation)
I brought this up to someone else recently where the model and the age don't match up. I'm going to continue to keep to that. Your model looks way older than a 19 year old. If you could please either find a different model or bring his age up it would be appreciated. <3 Otherwise everything else is good so far~

InnocentSynn

So question!  How long have they had their powers?  Is it something that manifested at puberty or after some sort of traumatic event?  Or something else?

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: Josh Arcanum on September 05, 2017, 08:08:23 PM
So question!  How long have they had their powers?  Is it something that manifested at puberty or after some sort of traumatic event?  Or something else?

It's up to you as the creator of your character. There is not science out yet on these super powered individuals and how they are created. The moment someone starts to find some kind of logic to it, something seems to contradict it by existing. Thinks of it as a great scientific puzzle like gravity. We know it's there. We know what it's like. We don't know squat about it, though.

jeflint

I had a character way back when for another Super Hero game, Scarlet, who was basically a chi manipulator to do what the Hunter X Hunter or DBZ characters could do.

I would really like to bring this character back, but want to ensure I'm in the power constraints for this campaign.

The idea would be petite cheerleader, peppy/social butterfly and at night a super powered hero... Which I think meshes well with your game just want to ensure I have the right power level... if that makes sense.

"Sasha Ariel Jones"

●  TBD   ●
17 going on 18   student, senior at Pacific City High   JEFlint
powers: Chi Manipulation

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: jeflint on September 06, 2017, 12:46:53 PM
I had a character way back when for another Super Hero game, Scarlet, who was basically a chi manipulator to do what the Hunter X Hunter or DBZ characters could do.

I would really like to bring this character back, but want to ensure I'm in the power constraints for this campaign.

The idea would be petite cheerleader, peppy/social butterfly and at night a super powered hero... Which I think meshes well with your game just want to ensure I have the right power level... if that makes sense.

"Sasha Ariel Jones"

●  TBD   ●
17 going on 18   student, senior at Pacific City High   JEFlint
powers: Chi Manipulation
Chi is just another name for energy or inner power and all that so I'm fine with it! I'd aay just make sure to word it so that it makes sense.

Thunder Splash

Consider me interested. I'll get a reserve up in the next couple of days.

mayovagn

"Amy Thomas"

●  Ames   ●
17   student at Pacific City High   JEFlint
powers: Shapeshifting - Biomass absorbtion - Does not require sleep
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: mayovagn on September 06, 2017, 03:28:51 PM
"Amy Thomas"

●  Ames   ●
17   student at Pacific City High   JEFlint
powers: Shapeshifting - Biomass absorbtion - Does not require sleep
Cool concept! Go ahead and send me the profile when you finish it!

Thunder Splash

What are the rulings on having similar powers? I have a hero I've been dying to use in an rp, but it seems two other characters have powers similar to some font her's. Not the same but close, are we looking for totally different powers or is it a case by case type thing?

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 07, 2017, 12:06:12 AM
What are the rulings on having similar powers? I have a hero I've been dying to use in an rp, but it seems two other characters have powers similar to some font her's. Not the same but close, are we looking for totally different powers or is it a case by case type thing?

I'm typically fine with it but I'd need to know what power we're talking about first. I don't want the fire nation flooding my RP yo. :P Hahahah.

Thunder Splash

Quote from: Shobogun Lover on September 07, 2017, 07:47:26 AM
I'm typically fine with it but I'd need to know what power we're talking about first. I don't want the fire nation flooding my RP yo. :P Hahahah.
Lol, not fire powers. Still searching for pictures for the reserve but the character is a ninja-esk superhero. He powers are invisibility, teleportation, like strikes, and dark energy manipulation. The ki sounds similar to the chi ability but is a much more limited power. It just lets her punches and kicks penetrate armor as if she hit you directly and allow her to block super powerful hits without turning to jelly. It only affects her hands and feet. The dark energy one is kind of like Raven's and Green Lantern's powers combined. She can make things with the energy and it is pitch black. Both of those powers have reasons for her to have them too as they are similar to her parents powers. Let me know if those are to close to the chi and eroboskenisis or not.

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 07, 2017, 09:30:20 AM
Lol, not fire powers. Still searching for pictures for the reserve but the character is a ninja-esk superhero. He powers are invisibility, teleportation, like strikes, and dark energy manipulation. The ki sounds similar to the chi ability but is a much more limited power. It just lets her punches and kicks penetrate armor as if she hit you directly and allow her to block super powerful hits without turning to jelly. It only affects her hands and feet. The dark energy one is kind of like Raven's and Green Lantern's powers combined. She can make things with the energy and it is pitch black. Both of those powers have reasons for her to have them too as they are similar to her parents powers. Let me know if those are to close to the chi and eroboskenisis or not.

Ahhh there's a lot going on there. Hmm. I'd say I'd be find with the way you use the chi and dark chi powers, but pick between the teleportation and invisibility. Having both would be a little too much and also somewhat redundant. If you want to could substitute the teleportation with just using your chi to have short speed bursts, which is distantly similar but still useful. I just don't want anyone to have too much going on.

Will that work for you?

Thunder Splash

Could I nix the dark power and keep the other three? The way the invisibility and teleportation work is she can't use them at the same time. Plus the teleportation leaves a black puff of smoke where she leaves and where she appears. Would that work? If not I will think about which to get rid of and get back to you.