News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Starfinder: Dead suns

Started by SINless, August 20, 2017, 09:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SINless

Well, I figured that as a new member I might as well jump in the deep end.

And when you're new, what better way to start than a brand new game. So I figured, why not Starfinder. Paizo's new Science fantasy game.

I would like to run the first starfinder adventure path called dead suns. If anyone is interested.

euanthe

Hi,

Any more specifics? How sexual did you imagine this being, for example?

Yours,

Euanthe

Miroque

and is the book 100% needed.. i meen, i do not have the books yet..

SINless

@Euanthe.
I would leave that to the players. My own focus would be mainly on the adventures, but if players want to explore any romantic or sexual avenues, either among themselves or with NPC's I am open to that and happy to facilitate.

@Miroque. I have no problem with players not having the books as long as you can play without it.

Re Z L

A&A

wander

Potential Interest here; wanna really play this system and space scifi is my jam. I would buy the corebook, though it's out my price range unless I start seeing more games of it around here, then I may order it in and invest.

Any SRD resource that can be used to make up a character yet?

SINless

there's a starfinder wiki that is being built. Not sure how far along it is. But just for laughs I'll go put up character generation under the OGL. I'll drop a link here when done

Re Z L

Rumor is the Starfinder SRD will be up at the end of the month.
A&A

Muse

May I play?  I intend to pick up the starfinder core book next week at a comic con. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Hobbes1266

I might play an android former sex bot, but I'm not sure.

indarkestknight

Definitely interested, and access to the Core Rulebook won't be a problem, just need to figure out what to play...

euanthe

To make it explicit, I'm interested, but I don't have the book either.

corvusul86

I'm actually reading the PDF for Starfinder right now, was taking a break to check my emails and such and saw this.  I'm interested was well.

Kimmy

I'm quite interested as well. SINless, I found the adventure blurb so I know a little bit about it now.  Can you tell us a little bit about your take on the setup for the adventure? Themes you might like is to include?
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Angie

Ah, what the hell. I may be acquiring the book, so I'll throw my stuff in. If someone else is playing Android I'll roll a different race.

Maybe I'll finally get to roll out Tina.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

HopeFox

I'd be interested in giving this a shot. I don't have any of the books, but what I've browsed about it online sounds like a lot of fun!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

Hobbes1266

Quote from: Angie on August 21, 2017, 12:55:45 AM
Ah, what the hell. I may be acquiring the book, so I'll throw my stuff in. If someone else is playing Android I'll roll a different race.

Maybe I'll finally get to roll out Tina.
It was only an initial idea, my now more fully formed idea is a human mechanic who was formerly a slave on a pirate ship.

Callie Del Noire

Been reading it a bit the last week or so..

Going to be GMing it for organized play.. I like how they set up star ship Combat so everyone has a role to play..

SINless

I've started an OGL compliant Character creation walkthrough. It's roughly half finished, but it has all the races, themes and classes. So for those unable to access the books it might at least get you started on character ideas. I'll try to add the missing bits over the week.

Edit. Just realised I cannot link it in public areas so if anyone wants it, let me know, and I'll PM it.

MrBubbles

What sort of Character Generation are you looking at for this AP? I'm certainly interested in joining (and I have the CRB for good measure) but I've heard the 10 PB they recommend is equal to the 15 PB they used to do for Pathfinder.

SINless

I'll be working with the standard creations. The AP is built with that in mind, plus Paizo's published adventures are notoriously easy. Besides, the level bonuses to abilities means stats will go up quite fast.

Callie Del Noire

I'd say somewhere between 15 an 20

The process:
1 10 points in every stat. No bonus points for purposely lowering a stat
2 Pick a theme, like Ace Pilot, add stat adjustment (+2 to dex)
3 Pick a race: add in adjustments positive and négative. Example Ratfolk
   Now you're @: str 8 Dex 14 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 10
4 adjust by adding in your 10 points: +2, +2, +2, +4, 0,0
   Now you're @ 10, 16, 12, 16, 10 10

A good mechanic or operative build

SINless

Themes only add a +1. Other than that you're right.

HopeFox

I have a concept I've been wanting to play for a while, of a human from a primitive world who joined a starship crew, possibly as a slave, to get treatment for an illness that her planet's technology couldn't treat.

But that aside, I'm sure I will have a lot of new ideas once I look through the material, and see what other people are playing. If there's room for me, of course - how many players do you want?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

corvusul86

I really liked a character I made for another sci fi game on here that fell apart, and the general concept can be changed to fit starfinder very well.

I'm looking at a human operative/ace pilot from the Diaspora.