A World Torn Asunder/The Dregs of MercTown (Pathfinder) - LGBTQA Friendly

Started by jeflint, August 05, 2017, 05:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeflint

Campaign Background: The World of Zalaielith was created in ages past by three deities of supreme power. One ruling the day and the light, another that would rule the night and dark and finally a third who would rule neither and bring judgment to those that lived and died. In time the brothers began to create followers for themselves. And these followers did create more creatures. Elves and Dwarves and Goblin and Halfing and Gnome and Human were created in the images of their gods. But the gods of nature who identified their animals as their children grew jealous and the animals evolved into the furred ones and Orcs based upon the desires of the animal gods. And to watch over and guide these creatures the gods created Dragons, to be both the protectors of the gods and to be the caretakers of the mortals.

To foster trade and communication the Gods created world gates that connected the world. And soon after the creation the city of Onda vanished in a magical explosion. The Mage’s guild fearing potentially worse than a single city slammed shut the doors to the world gates. The magical explosion was feared that had it been in a city with a world gate might have trigged a universal destruction. And much of the world hated the Mage’s for this. But secluded as they were in their tower this wasn’t something that they feared for themselves. For the untrained mages they worried about but there was little they could do.

For many years this was well and good until the mad God Myth rose to power. His ascension to godhood from being human drove the Gods mad and with them the Dragons. Terrible was the destruction wrought by the protectors of the Gods on the lesser races. This became known as the Draconic War of Annihilation as the dragons laid waste to the world in a fight against each other. The children of the dragons and Elven mages crafted powerful magic to bind the dragons. The effect was perverted however and instead of sending the dragons to sleep they were slaughtered to the last. And with their death the lizard tribes, kobolds and remaining descendants of the dragons retreated behind the Mountains of Despair to Minios. The dead of the land rotted causing plagues, pestilence and famine to sweep through the Fields of the Dead. During this time the elves fought a civil war and the Dark Elves were borne from this strife and forced into the underground. Dwarves had been fighting a war with Orcs and lost their ancestral home and forced to wander for generations until they began to build into the mountains that separated the free state of Crobee and into the underground.

For many years the people struggled to survive and when things started to seem good again the forces of Minios marched upon the Elven kingdoms for an Elven spy had been found among the council of the Greater Treori. The war of the Lizard Tribes united many of the races against both Elf and Lizard Tribe , the destruction had not been seen seen since the Draconic War of Annihilation. When the two opposing armies met on the plains of Tikgh the humans of Gonda and Itas swooped in and tried to cast back the armies. It was a long bloody contest that only ended when the Lizard Tribe started an organized retreat back to the mountains. The elves were now outnumbered and quickly ran for their protection of the forest. To ensure that this would never happen again the humans of Tikgh created a fortress called Gate to keep the Lizard Tribes at bay and patrols along the elven boarders. With these safe guards the world settled down and peace was slowly starting to reign. Kingdoms were prosperous and trade was starting again.

For a time things were safe and secure the Gods who had been so quiet for so long returned to the world and this was called the Age of Heroes when several heroic individuals gave their lives to save the world from an ancient sleeping evil. With these heroes death their child went on to unite all kingdoms under his banner. When he turned his eyes to the outlying lands he was met with resistance and died when his army and the army of the Hobgoblin king met on the field of battle. With his death the kingdoms dissolved into petty squabbles and the Age of Heroes ended three hundred years ago.
As always happens the world cooled and tensions fell and the world was safe until portals to the nether realms and the high heavens opened upon the land and across the world demons, angels, elemental and devils fought for control of the world. Their wars causing as much damage as the other wars in the history past. For many there was no hope of salvation and there was no protection. The people prayed to gods who did not seem to respond or if they did it was too little too late. Until finally a wizard by the name of Kern, one of the grand magus's of the Mage's guild, stepped forward. The world was reeling and forces were low for the mortal side. Using his magic he outfitted the only fighting force he could find the Goblinoid's and Orcs. Their numbers, magical equipment and ferocity began to stem the tide of battle but the portals could not be closed by force of arms alone.

Kern using the ritual to bind the dragons modified it to work on the portals. Slamming shut the planes to the world. With the land safe questions as to who or what had caused this started to arise. And the world turned to their savior. Kern, ever the wise found the connection to the planes in the magic of the divine. The people were angry and demanded that they be made an example of. Many paladins, clerics and druids died in the initial discovery. What few survived the culling went into hiding. To ensure the scourge of the divine did not come back Kern mobilized the Goblinoid and Orcs into a grand Republic with the intention of rooting out and stopping any use of Divine Magic. That was one hundred years ago.

Campaign Setting: Dregs of MercTown
Population: 500,000(estimated)
Geographical Area: 202 square miles (whole city, including fields)
Government: Monarchy/Kratocracy
Population Breakdown:
1)   Humans: 70%
2)   Orcs & Goblins:15%
3)   Non Furs: 7%
4)   Half breeds: 5
5)   Furs: 3%
Weather: Temperate
Seasons: Four Seasons

The Metropolis of Mirtan is a good place to find work. With the entire country of Muinodepa constantly at war there is never a shortage of bodies for mercenaries to get some work. And if not in Mirtan then the surrounding lands are filled with petty squabbles and the continent is not much better. Some of the guilds are just and good and others are scourge so vile even Orcs seem to be paladin's in comparison. A city that is almost always smoky and overcast sky from the coal fires, a city that will as happily stab you in the back as thank you for helping them.

Mirtan used to be the capital of the Empire of Fext Aetites, before Fext the land was composed of squabbling princes, barons and dukes. He took the land and forged the most progressive and powerful empire on the contient. That all ended with Starkdhar’s underhand method of killing the emperor. While Starkdhar lived the empire expanded to take over the entire continent but when the hero died so too did the empire and it reverted into a city state surrounded by the petty dukes and barons who fought for land. The city state sits upon the largest river out of the Lake of Wyrd, this river is large enough that swallow drafting ships can actually sail up the river and make port in the city and go further north into the sacred lake. It has a busy commerce because of many of the ancient and well made roads al lead to Mirtan. The official rule of this now city state is Monarchy but the rules stop at the edge of the royal compound and the guilds who are the strongest get to decide on the rules.

There are powerful Guilds that rule this city and if you want to be anyone you have to be a member of one of these groups. Some adventurers gain luck and fortune and a name for themselves others never see the light of day and are stuck with such trivial tasks that they quit or move far away.

You are one of those poor heroes. An adventurer, who cannot get into the powerful guilds, be they good or evil, just or malicious. You are an outcast. Your talents or skills or just your reputation is enough to make you untouchable by the other groups. What are adventures like you to do?

Well if the dregs aren't good enough to join the guilds... why not make your own Adventuring Company and turn that into a guild? Who knows how far you can go with enough determination.

Howdy everyone, JEFlint here I'm going to be the GM of this little adventure. This is a pathfinder campaign that will start at lvl 3* and consist of hopefully a group of no bigger than 6. This isn't a first come first served sort of deal. This is game that I'm interested in the player characters over who showed up first. (*Obviously your character level and your race level might require a bit of fine tuning)
Your characters have been in Mirtan for at least 4 months trying to make ends meet. And While I don’t expect you to be buddy buddy with everyone that’s in the game I do want to see a bit of shared backstory to one another, you in theory have run across or worked with these other dregs enough to want to form an adventuring party and a guild.

Rules
Race Restrictions :
1) Dragons - In the game world they are “dead”, so Dragonborn & Half Dragons are rare and if you want one you'll need to convince me and certainly only 1 in the group. In this setting the descendants of dragons are called Treori. There are 3 categories of them.
  a) Lesser Treori – Share a blood relative that was a dragon (Dragonborn)
  b) Treori – Share a direct relation to a dragon (Half-Dragon)
  c) Greater Treori – These are created directly by the dragons themselves (Not Available in game)
2) Tieflings/Asamin/Elmental kin were tweaked in later books to not be planar descendants, descendants are fine but as the planar realms are offline to most magic it's really hard to get fresh planar juice
3) Any Felines - Absolutely not under any circumstances
Class Restrictions: Divine Casters as these classes are currently being hunted so they aren't seen very often and so we shouldn't have many in the party.
Class suggestion: You can play any class you want but I'd really like to not get 6 mages. I'd like to see a mix of melee and range, spell casters and mundane in the party.
Magic: Divine magic is "off limit" but that doesn't mean that Healing magic needs to be shut out. If you see yourself as a healer we can work out a way for you to heal and not be a divine caster.
The Gods: You can find their write up here, their worship isn’t discouraged but because of their connection to the Divine the temples are mostly unused for their true purposes.
Countries & Cities: You can find more information about the land of Zalaielith here, if you have a specific question or want some background to help flesh out your background please let me know.

MISC Rules:

Notes on Characters:

- We are allowing the Unchained Classes

- We are allowing 3rd Party Material on a case by case basis. Please advise us if you are using 3rd Party.

- All Characters start at Level 3. with Starting gold of 2500 and 25 point build

- Traits: 2 Traits Max or 3 Traits & Drawback

-Alignment: No CE. NE & LE with considerations can be in the group as they tend to work with groups.

- All characters get full HP at First Level (EG, a Fighter gets 10 + Con). At every subsequent level, you roll for HP. However, if you receive a number = to half your maximum or lower, you simply take Half + 1. EG, if you are a Rogue and roll your d8 and get a 3, you take 5 HP instead. If you are a Wizard with d6 and roll a 2, you take 4. You would then apply Con as normal.

- Racial Alignments are not being enforced.

- If you dislike a Feat or Spell that you selected or it does not work the way you thought it did, you may change it after the fact so long as you have not utilised it too extensively. If it is the prerequisite for another feat that you possess, you are - currently - stuck with it.

- We are allowing custom Magic Items as long as you can afford them (EG, Hat of +2 Bluff for 400gp).

- We are allowing Discount Modifiers. EG, making your +1 Studded Leather "Bard Only" reduces the cost to enchant by 30%. So you pay the full price for Masterwork SL, but only pay 700 to +1 it.

- As specified in the opening Post, Divine Magic is persecuted. You may play a Divine Spellcaster, but it may create issues for your character in-game.

- Concept over Efficacy: We don't want Munchkins. We want interesting characters and concepts, please!

- Just as "Short Rests" and "Long Rests" regenerate HP and Spells Per Day, this also applies to Per Day Skills like Lay On Hands, and things like a Monk's Ki Pool.

- Dex is used for Damage when using Weapon Finesse (You still need the feat) or Ranged Weapons as standard.

- "Detect Evil" and the like has been changed to "Detect Evil Intent."

Story: 4 to 5 out of 10
Sexy/Smut: 5 to 6 out of 10
Posting Frequency: At least once a week
Posting Length: 2 quality paragraphs, action scenes will be an exception to the rules but should still read well
Layout: OOC/Character sheet Board, Main Adventure Board and When the Lights Go out (Adult Thread)

Character Sheet Skeletons:

[float=right][img height=500 padding=3]http://Insert Image Here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Character name, along with any nicknames!
[b]Sex:[/b] Male, female, non-binary, Apache Gunship, whatever. :P
[b]Age:[/b] Duh. ;)

[b]Race:[/b] No, not the 100m.
[b]Class:[/b] "Oodles" is not a valid answer.
[b]Alignment:[/b] Do you rescue cats from trees, or dine on Baby Buffet?

[b]Level:[/b] Should be "3"
[b]EXP:[/b] We're on the Fast Track, so "3,300 / 6000"

[u][b]Basic Appearance:[/b][/u]
A brief description of the characters appearance (height, build, etc) and any distinguishing marks (EG, Scars).

[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b]
So how the character acts around others, their general demeanor and maybe a little bit on what motivates them.

[b][u]Basic Background[/u][/b]
How did your character get to where they are today? How did they learn their skills?

[b]Short Term Goal:[/b] What does your character want to achieve in the short term?
[b]Long Term Goal:[/b] What does your character want to achieve in the long term?
[b]NPC's:[/b] Any non-player-characters that are important to your character / could pop up in-game?

[b][u]Connections:[/u][/b]
List any current PC's that your character already knows. If none, leave blank. You may create connections at a later date.

[b][u]Theme Song:[/u][/b]

[spoiler]Awesome Music here[/spoiler]

[b][u]The Stats and Saves, Overview:[/u][/b]

[spoiler]
[b]Stats:[/b] These should be a 25 Point Buy. Include Stats AND Modifiers.
[i]HP:[/i]
[i]Str:[/i]
[i]Dex:[/i]
[i]Con:[/i] 
[i]Int:[/i]
[i]Wis:[/i]
[i]Cha:[/i]

[i]Attack:[/i]
[i]Ranged Attack:[/i]
--[Here you would place the modifiers for your different Attack Options, EG Two Weapon Fighting, Flurry of Blows, etc]--
[i]CMD:[/i]
[i]AC:[/i]
[i]TAC:[/i]
[i]FFAC:[/i]
[i]CMD:[/i]

[i]Fortitude Save:[/i]
[i]Reflex Save:[/i]
[i]Will:[/i]
[i]Initiative:[/i]

[i]Empty Slot:[/i] In the place of "Empty Slot," put things like "Spells Per Day" and "Prepared Spells" if you're a Spellcaster, "Ki Pool" if you're a Monk or Ninja, "Lay On Hands / Day" if you're a Paladin, "Channel Energy" if you're a cleric, etc etc. Basically, any finite resources you have to keep track of.

[i]Max Weight, Light:[/i] How much your character can carry in lb's before they become encumbered and risk toppling over and kicking their legs in the air like a stranded turtle.
[i]Starting Wealth:[/i] As "poor" Level 2 Characters, you get a starting wealth of 2,500gp

[i]Skills:[/i]
List your final Skill Modifiers here, after everything has been added up.[/spoiler]

[b][u]Skills, Feats and Class Features:[/u][/b]

[spoiler][i][u]Skills:[/u][/i]
[i](x + Int ) = y / Level[/i] Use this formula to keep track of how many skill points you get per level.

[i]Languages (2 + Int (3) ):[/i]
Any languages known.

[i]Class Skills:[/i]
List the Class Skills you have points in here, including their Modifiers and how many skill points you have in them. EG, "Sleight of Hand (Dex) (1)."

[i]Other Skills:[/i]
Do the same as the above, but with any skills that your character has that are not class skills.

[i][u]Spells Known:[/u][/i]
Only fill out if you are a Spellcaster. Otherwise, delete this category.

[b][u]Racial Bonuses:[/u][/b]

Any bonuses, penalties or features granted through your race, list here.

[b][u]Feats:[/u][/b]

List your Feats here, along with a summary of what they do. No, not "Left and right," the other type of feat.

[b][u]Traits:[/u][/b]

What Traits have you chosen? List them and their effects here.

[b][u]Class Bonuses:[/u][/b]

List any Class Features here, including a brief overview of how they work.[/spoiler]

[b][u]Inventory:[/u][/b]

[spoiler]
[i][u]Magic Item Slots:[/u][/i] [If you have Magic Items that require a slot, Slot them here]

[i]Head:[/i]
[i]Headband:[/i]
[i]Eyes:[/i]
[i]Shoulders:[/i]
[i]Neck:[/i]
[i]Chest:[/i]
[i]Body:[/i]
[i]Belt:[/i]
[i]Wrists:[/i]
[i]Hands:[/i]
[i]Ring 1:[/i]
[i]Ring 2:[/i]

[i][u]Complete Inventory:[/u][/i]

[i]Starting Wealth:[/i] 2500gp
[i]Max Weight:[/i]

List items here. Include price, weight, stats and effects.

[i]End Wealth:[/i] Starting Wealth - Total Inventory Cost.
[i]Total Weight:[/i] How close you are to turtle city.[/spoiler]

Skeleton Number 2

[b]Name:[/b] Character name, along with any nicknames!
[b]Sex:[/b] Male, female, non-binary, Apache Gunship, whatever. :P
[b]Age:[/b] Duh. ;)

[b]Race:[/b] No, not the 100m.
[b]Class:[/b] "Oodles" is not a valid answer.
[b]Alignment:[/b] Do you rescue cats from trees, or dine on Baby Buffet?

[b]Level:[/b] Should be "3"
[b]EXP:[/b] We're on the Fast Track, so "3,300 / 6000"

[u][b]Basic Appearance:[/b][/u]
A brief description of the characters appearance (height, build, etc) and any distinguishing marks (EG, Scars).

[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b]
So how the character acts around others, their general demeanor and maybe a little bit on what motivates them.

[b][u]Basic Background[/u][/b]
How did your character get to where they are today? How did they learn their skills?

[b]Short Term Goal:[/b] What does your character want to achieve in the short term?
[b]Long Term Goal:[/b] What does your character want to achieve in the long term?
[b]NPC's:[/b] Any non-player-characters that are important to your character / could pop up in-game?

[b][u]Connections:[/u][/b]
List any current PC's that your character already knows. If none, leave blank. You may create connections at a later date.

[b][u]Theme Song:[/u][/b]

[spoiler]Awesome Music here[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Stats & Saves]
[size=12pt][u][b]Statistics:[/b][/u][/size]
[table]
[tr][td][/td][td][size=6pt][u]Total[/u][/size][/td][td][size=6pt][u]Mod[/u][/size][/td][td][size=6pt][u]Base[/u][/size][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Str:[/b][/td] [td][b]EXAMPLE: 5[/b][/td] [td]-3[/td] [td]7[/td] [td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td] [td][b]HP:[/b][/td] [td]18 [i](2d10+1d8-3)[/i][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Dex:[/b][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td] [td][b]Init:[/b] [/td] [td]+4[/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Con:[/b][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td] [td][b]Speed:[/b] [/td] [td]30 ft.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Int:[/b][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Wis:[/b][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td] [td][b]Level:[/b] [/td] [td]Class Here[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Cha:[/b][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td] [td][b]Exp:[/b] [/td] [td]3,300 / 6,000[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][size=6pt][u]Total[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Armor[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Shield[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Dex[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Dodge[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Misc[/u][/size] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]AC:[/b] [/td] [td][b]EXAMPLE: 17[/b][/td] [td]+0[/td] [td]+0[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]+10[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Touch:[/b] [/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Flat-Foot:[/b] [/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][size=6pt][u]Total[/u][/size][/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Class[/u][/size][/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Ability[/u][/size][/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Misc[/u][/size][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Fort:[/b] [/td] [td]EXAMPLE: [b]+2[/b][/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]-1[/td] [td]+0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Ref:[/b] [/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Will:[/b] [/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][size=6pt][u]Total[/u][/size][/td] [td][size=6pt][u]BAB[/u][/size][/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Ability[/u][/size][/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Misc[/u][/size][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Melee:[/b] [/td] [td] EXAMPLE: [b]-1[/b][/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]-3[/td] [td]+0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Ranged:[/b] [/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]CMB:[/b] [/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]CMD:[/b] [/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]Notes:[/b]

[table]
[tr][td][/td][td][size=6pt][u]Base[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Fly[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Swim[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Climb[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Run[/u][/size][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Speed:[/b] [/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]SR:[/b] [/td] [td]0%[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]DR:[/b] [/td] [td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Resistances:[/b] [/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[size=12pt][u][b]Attack Options:[/b][/u][/size]
[table]
[tr][td][size=6pt][u]Weapon/Attack[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Attack Modifiers[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Damage[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Critical[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Range[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Type[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Notes[/u][/size][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]EXAMPLE: Unarmed Strike [/td] [td]+7 [/td] [td]1d6+4 [/td][td]x2 [/td] [td][/td] [td]B [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities, Feats, Skills]
[size=12pt][u][b]Racial Abilities:[/b][/u][/size]
[table]
[tr][td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Languages: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[size=12pt][u][b]Class Abilities:[/b][/u][/size]

[size=12pt][u][b]Feats:[/b][/u][/size]

[size=12pt][u][b]Traits:[/b][/u][/size]
[table]
[/table]

[size=12pt][u][b]Skills:[/b][/u][/size]

[table]
[tr][td][size=6pt][u]Skill[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Stats[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Total[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Ranks[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Ability[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Trained[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Misc[/u][/size] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] [/td] [td][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]+2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] [/td] [td][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td] [/td] [td][/td] [td][b][/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]Skill Points:[/b]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gear & Equipment]
[size=12pt][u][b]Equipped:[/b][/u][/size]
[table]
[tr][td][size=6pt][u]Magic Slots[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Equipment[/u][/size][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Head: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Headband: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Eyes: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Neck: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Shoulders: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Chest: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Body: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Armor: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Belt: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Wrists: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Hands: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Ring: [/b][/td] [td][/i][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Ring: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Feet: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[size=12pt][u][b]Inventory:[/b][/u][/size]
[table]
[tr][td][size=6pt][u]Item[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Quantity[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Weight[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Value[/u][/size] [/td] [td][size=6pt][u]Description[/u][/size] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Item Name Here[/td] [td]Quantity[/td] [td]Weight[/td] [td]Price[/td] [td]Effects / Usage / Description[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][hr][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Total Weight:[/b][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]±1273gp[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[size=12pt][u][b]Treasure:[/b][/u][/size]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Platinum: [/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Gold: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Silver: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Copper: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Gems: [/b][/td] [td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[/spoiler]

OOC Thread
Approved Characters

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Nygenn

Oh, I'm interested in this. Got a character idea too. Let me write it up, send it to you and we'll see if you're okay with it.  ;)

Sain

PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Vergil Tanner

Name: Talan'thanal “Talan” Terriegon
Sex: Male

Race: Elf
Class: Magus, Cardcaster
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Level: 3
EXP: 3,300 / 6000

Basic Appearance:
Standing at 6'1, Talan is roughly average-height for an elf, but easily towers above most humans. His slender, athletically built body is less overtly muscular than some but belies a harder, surprising strength coursing underneath his skin. His almond-shaped, leaf green eyes peer out from underneath a well-controlled head of ash brown hair that falls to about shoulder-length, if a bit lower. He also wears a well kept beard and sideburns. Over his chain shirt, he wears an elegant, flashy red and purple “Dealer” outfit, complete with a wide-brimmed hat with a card stuck into the top. No reason a Mercenary can't have style, after all!

Personality:
Talan never seems to take anything seriously; he's always ready with a joke or a light hearted comment to brighten the mood, and approaches everything with a cool, laid back attitude. He's always quick to smile with his friends, goade his foes and flirt with a pretty woman or two and often ends up annoying people when he refuses to act seriously in the face of danger. He's also a consummate cheat; if you play any game with him for any amount of money, it would be advisable to keep a very close eye on him. He needs coin, after all, so it isn't uncommon to find him swindling some poor saps out of their money in some local tavern. Due to his flirtatious and irreverent attitude, people usually write him off as a directionless scoundrel and a waste of time given his seeming inability to turn his attempts at charm off, but the people who know him best know better; beneath his laid back attitude is a decent amount of steel to get things done. Though he's never overly serious or formal, he always  gets the job done and never underestimates his foes. Part of his strategy is, indeed, to get people to underestimate him so that they will only realise what he was doing when it's too late to stop him. He is genuinely good humoured and flirtatious – he isn't faking that – but he tends to understand more than he lets on. He's also fiercely loyal to the people he considers friends, and always ends up – eventually – doing the right thing. Though he has a disdain for stifling rules and law, he is a decent man deep down with a genuine concern for how people end up. In fact, several of his Contracts over the years have fallen through specifically because he decided he didn't like his employers motives...which is part of the reason the Guilds won't touch him.

Basic Background
Born as the eldest heir to a relatively obscure house in a secluded, isolated valley ostensibly protected from the ravages of the world, Talan was always put under great pressure by his overbearing parents; the future of the house, he was told, relied on him. It was his job to ensure that they endured, that no matter what happened their family survived, that they were the best in their Caste and that he always represented them well in all company. He had to be responsible, civil, polite and unfailingly driven to the betterment of his house at all times...and it drove him insane. He was, by nature, a free spirit; instead of the confines of his fathers carpentry workhouse, he wanted to be outside, wandering the town and the nearby wilderness. Instead of staring at dead wood, he wanted to be walking beneath the living breathing forests. Instead of just hearing about other people from travellers who came from the dangerous world outside their secluded valley, he wanted to go and meet them, talk to them, hear their stories. When he did get the chance to have a night to himself, he would always find himself drawn to the nearby tavern, hearing stories of far off lands and strange peoples and grand adventures, and – young as he was – he wondered why he couldn't go out and experience all of that for himself. Why he couldn't visit strange places, do amazing things, fraternize with exotic and alluring beauties...why did his lot in life have to be so boring? He didn't want to be confined to the valley or shackled to his fathers workshop for his entire life, though he knew that was what lay in store for him.

Well. That was until his younger brother was born. His father doted on him, as you might expect, and for once Talan actually experienced some measure of peace. His parents were busy with his brother, and he had some extra freedom to enjoy his more daydreamy, wandering nature...but as his brother grew, he realised that it was not just the enamoured treatment of a parent on a new child. It was something else. His brother was everything that Talan wasn't; driven, dedicated, passionate about the craft and completely at peace with his future of making his House great. In short...everything his father wanted, and more. As such...his father began spending more time with his brother than him, started to ignore Talan completely, and whilst he knew he should be relieved that somebody who wanted the burden was finally getting it rather than him...well, he couldn't help but feel jealous. They were his parents, after all, and even if he didn't share their ambitions for him he still wanted their attention and approval. They weren't bad parents, they just...didn't quite understand why he didn't want to be like them, and that wasn't a crime that meant he wanted to sever ties with them. But alas, they ignored him. They showered his brother with affection and attention, and seemed to acknowledge him only when he did something to earn their ire. Eventually, he tired of the treatment and for unfairly disliking his brother who – to be fair – had only ever looked up to him and treated him with love and respect. See, he loved Kirin, he did; he was a good lad, and better for the House than him. But it was hard not to feel some level of resentment, too, in his dark hours when all he really wanted was to have a familial conversation with his parents. So, one night...he packed up and left. He was sick of being ignored at home, sick of being made to resent his brother, and sick of being stuck in a place he didn't really care about anymore anyway. He wanted to see the world...and that's what he was going to do.

That was 80 years ago. He doesn't know whether his parents looked for him, and he doesn't much care. He's travelled the world visiting all kinds of weird and wonderful places, meeting plenty of interesting people (a lot of them happening to be women), taking contracts and doing his best to sate his childhood curiosity. He tries not to dwell on his family much – he does miss them, though he would never admit it – and instead live in the moment. His wanderlust has not been sated yet, and there are hundreds, no, thousands of places left to visit. Life is dangerous, but it's also interesting and exciting and almost everything he'd hoped it would be. He tries to help out wherever he can, considering the shitty state of the world, but never for free; after all, he has to eat! His journeys eventually brought him to Merctown, roughly two or three months ago, looking for work and possibly some more reliable future employment; Merc Work isn't easy, and there are some weeks where nothing comes along at all. His thinking was, if he could get into a guild, he'd at least be guaranteed some kind of work...alas, it has not worked out that way. For whatever reason, the Guild don't seem to really desire his employment, meaning that he gets by doing whatever jobs come his way. He would leave Merctown if he could – it gets boring after a while after all, and he tends to enjoy wandering - but...well, there's nothing around for a very long distance, honestly, and he needs funds to get out. He'll figure something out, though; he always does.

The Stats and Saves, Overview:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Stats:
HP: 24
Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 10 ( 0 )
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 13 ( +1 )
Cha: 14 ( +2 )

Attack: +2
Ranged Attack: +6
Ranged Attack >30ft: +7
CMD: +2
AC: 20
TAC: 14
FFAC: 16
CMD: 16

Fortitude Save: +3
Reflex Save: +5
Will: +4
Initiative: +6

Arcane Pool: ( ½ Level + Int) 4 / 4
Spells Per Day Used: 1st Level: 0 / 4

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (4):
- Acid Splash
- Detect Magic
- Read Magic
- Mage Hand

1st Level (4):
- Shocking Grasp
- Colour Spray
- Chill Touch
- Thunderstomp

Max Weight, Light: 33lbs
Starting Wealth: 420gp + 1 x 1000 Magic Item.

Bluff: +8
Bluff Vs Humanoids: +9
Diplomacy: +6
Diplomact To Gather Information: Half Normal Time, +8
Diplomacy Vs Humanoids: +9
Knowledge Arcana: +8
Perception: +6
Sense Motive: +6
Spellcraft: +8
Spellcraft Determine Properties: +10
Use Magic Device: +6

Skills, Feats and Class Features:

Skills:
(2 + Int (3) ) = 5 / Level

Languages (2 + Int (3) ):
Common, Elven, Draconic, Orc, Goblin

Class Skills:
Diplomacy (Cha) (1), Sense Motive (2) (Wis), Bluff (3) (Cha), Knowledge: Arcana (2) (Int), Spellcraft (2) (Int), Use Magic Device (1) (Cha)

Other Skills:
Perception (3) (Wis)

Spells Known:
- All Cantrips

- 1st Level: 10 (3 + Int + 2 / Level)
Auditory Hallucination:
400ft + 40ft / Level (520ft), 1 Standard Action
1 Creature / Level, no two more than 30ft apart.
Cause the target to hear any sound you can imagine; can identify a sound the targets know and cast that, even if you don't know what the sound sounds like.

Magic Missile:
100ft + 10ft / Level (130ft), 1 Standard Action
Strikes unerringly, 1d4+1 per Missile. 3rd Level: 2 Missiles.

Shield:
Personal, You. 1 Standard Action, 1 Min / Level.
Shimmering disk in front of you. Negates Magic Missile, +4 AC. Applies vs Incorporeal Touch Attacks.

Thunderstomp:
25ft + 5ft / 2 Level (30ft)
1 Creature
Choose creature at range, may attempt a CMB to Trip. May use Caster Level instead of BaB and Intelligence instead of Strength.

Burning Hands:
15ft Cone
1d4 / Level fire Damage, Reflex Halves.

Chill Touch:
Touch, One Creature / Level.
1D6 Cold Damage, and 1 Strength Damage if it fails Fort Save. Undead touched takes no damage, but Will Saves. If it fails, it flees for 1d4 + 1 Rounds / Caster Level. May use the Touch Attack up to one time / level.

Colour Spray:
15ft Cone
Will Save Negates.
2HD or Less: Unconscious, Blind and Stun for 2d4 Rounds. Blinded and Stunned for 1d4 Rounds.
3 or 4 HD: Blinded and Stunned for 1d4 Rounds. Then stunned for 1 round.
5+ HD: Stunned for 1 round.
Sightless Creatures are unaffected.

Shocking Grasp:
Touch.
1D6 Electricity / Level. +3 Bonus on attack rolls if opponent is wearing metal armour or using a metal weapon.

Enlarge Person:
1 Round, 1 Humanoid Creature.
Height x 2, weight x8. +2 Str, -2 Dex, -1 AC and Attack.

Grease:
25ft + 5 / Level (30ft)
1 Min / Level, 10ft Square or Item.
Reflex Save or Fall. Move half speed through area with DC10 Acrobatics Check.

Racial Bonuses:

- +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con
- Humanoids, Elf Subtype
- Common and Elven, +Int
- Perfect: +1 Racial on Bluff and Diplomacy vs Humanoids. +2 Racial Vs Transmutation spell and spell-like effects.
- Keen Senses: +2 Perception
- Elven Magic: +2 Racial Bonus on Caster Level Checks to overcome Spell resistance, and +2 on Spellcraft checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
- Fey Thoughts: Sense Motive and Bluff are Class Skills.
- Low-Light Vision

Feats:

- Deadly Dealer: May throw a card as if it were a dart. (Magus) May Empower the Card without Arcane Strike so long as he has at least 1 Arcane Point in his Pool.

- Point Blank Shot: +1 Hit and Damage >30ft

- Precise Shot: No -4 Penalty to ranged attacks into melee.

Traits:

- Reactionary: +2 Initiative

- Affable: +2 Trait Bonus to Diplomacy to gather information, and it takes half the normal time. Knowledge (Local) and Diplomacy are Class Skills.

Class Bonuses:

- Deadly Dealer (Card Caster): Gains Deadly Dealer as bonus feat. May use without Arcane Strike as long as there is at least 1 Arcane point in the Pool. May enhance the cards as one pool of ammo with 54 pieces.

- Arcane Pool Focus: May only invest ranged weapons. At 5th Level, can use the Arcane Pool to give the weapons one of: Brilliant Energy, Distance, Flaming, Flaming Burst, Frost, Icy Burst, Returning, Seeking, Shocking, Shocking Burst or Speed.

- Proficient with all simple weapons, and all light armour. May cast Magus spells with light armour without the arcane failure chance.

- Spells Per Day:
4 Cantrips, 4 1st level. Must have Int = to 10 + Spell Level. DC = 10 + Spell Level + Int. Must prepare ahead of time. Cantrips can be used as many times as they like.
- Chooses from Magus Spell List. Also gains all 6th Level and below Curses, as well as Bestow Curse and Major Curse.

- Arcane Pool = ½ Magus Level + Int. Refreshes once / day when the Magus prepares his Spells. 1st Level, may use 1 Arcane Point to give weapons +1 for 1 Minute. Every four levels, extra +1.
   - 3rd Level: Arcane Accuracy, 1 Arcane Point. +Int to attacks until end of turn.

- Spell Combat: May cast spells and use weapon at the same time. Functions like Two Weapon Fighting. Full Round, may attack at -2 and cast a spell with a casting time of a Standard Action. If casts defensively, take an extra -1 up to Int, and gain that as bonus on Concentration Checks.

- Harrowed Spellstrike: May charge a Card with a Touch Spell and throw the card. Deals Damage + Spell Effects. Does not replace your standard attack.

- Role Dealer: When caster randomly draws and throws a Harrow Card matching 1 Alignment Axis, Crit Range grows to 19-20. If matches exactly, also increases to x3 and gain +4 on Confirmation Roll.

Inventory:

Starting Wealth: 2500gp
Max Weight: 33lbs

Masterwork Backpack (50gp, 2lbs): Carrying Capacity +1 Str.

Pack of Cards (1gp, 1lbs) (x54): 1d4, Crit x2, Range 20ft.
Pack of Cards (1gp 1lbs) (x54)
Pack of Cards (1gp 1lbs) (x54)
Harrow Deck (100gp): When Thrown, Masterwork ( +1 ).
Masterwork Chain Shirt +1 (250gp, 20lbs): AC +4, Enhancement +1 Max Dex +4, ACP -1.

Bedroll (1sp, 5lbs)
Trail Rations x8 (4gp, 8lbs)
Waterskin (1gp, 4lbs)

Bracers of Armour +1 (1000gp): When both worn, +1 AC.

Potion of Cure Light Wounds x2

End Wealth: 8gp 9sp
Total Weight: 32lbs

And that's that! Hope that's ok! I might make minor edits to his background, but that's it. :D I also have a couple of people who might be interested. :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

jeflint

Wow, thanks for the interest guys. :)

I've also been told that the character sheet needs, work... so um... we'll figure out one when we get to the OOC thread.

Vergil Tanner

What do you mean by "Character sheet needs work?" My one, or the one given as an example?

If there's an issue, I'd rather fix it now >.>

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

jeflint

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 06:08:36 AM
What do you mean by "Character sheet needs work?" My one, or the one given as an example?

If there's an issue, I'd rather fix it now >.>

Kujo was telling me that my character sheet was triggering his OCD. I was a bad programmer. 😜 I didn't use proper casing and it's already filled out.

Vergil Tanner

jeflint

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 06:59:43 AM
Then get him to fix it! :P

LOL he's working on it now as he fine tunes his character. 😏

Honestly can't wait to see what we've got coming to the game. I'm about to give your card caster a once over.

Vergil Tanner

Neither can I! I've given the link to the two friends I have who might be interested.

Also, question; "Chill Touch" is a Touch Attack and says that you can use the Touch Attack a number of times per level. Like, you can Touch them three times with it. Since Spellstrike lets me do that through my weapon, and Card Caster uses thrown weapons to Spellstrike...would you say that once cast, it basically applies to the entire ammunition until the spell ends (at this level, after three card using it have been thrown?)

jeflint

I would say since your ability is to go all gambit that yes, that spell would last on 3 cards since you at this lvl can use that per 3 castings.

Vergil Tanner

Awesome possum! I'm assuming that said three cards must be used in succession. Like, enchanting the top three of your deck? Or would it be more like "I don't want this card to use that Enchantment, so I am choosing to use the spell on a different card?" I imagine it being like...his hand is enchanted, but he chooses whether to "Charge" the card he's holding with it or not. But then, does that mean that he can cast another spell next turn if he wants? I'd assume so, since the original spell makes no mention of him being unable to cast spells while Chill Touch is active...hmmm...

jeflint

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 08:38:07 AM
Awesome possum! I'm assuming that said three cards must be used in succession. Like, enchanting the top three of your deck? Or would it be more like "I don't want this card to use that Enchantment, so I am choosing to use the spell on a different card?" I imagine it being like...his hand is enchanted, but he chooses whether to "Charge" the card he's holding with it or not. But then, does that mean that he can cast another spell next turn if he wants? I'd assume so, since the original spell makes no mention of him being unable to cast spells while Chill Touch is active...hmmm...

Chill touch doesn't say it can be broken up like that. But to be honest you can't do 3 touch attacks at once since your BAB isn't that high. So I suspect what it is you've charged your hand, so to speak, and then you decide when you use it.

In the standard D&D systems basically the aura would stick to your hand until you expend it.

Also I was checking your stats against the Pathfinder RPG Ability Score Calculator According to this your stats put you at -10 points left. So you might have to drop your stats a bit. It's up to you how you balance but I changed them up a tad and made Wis and Int 13 and Cha 12 and you can squeak out with that 18. 18 points in the point by system is 17. Sorry. **lowers ears** If you want a high cha still... you can do 10, 16, 10, 13, 14, 15 and that gives you a bit more of a spread. As I said how you spend your points is up to you. :)

Vergil Tanner

Um...wha? I used the Calculator and my Stats are fine. Hang on...

-beat-

Yeah, no, I just did it on the calculator again, and I'm at 0 exactly. Are you factoring in his Race, which as an Elf, which gives +2 Dex and +2 Int, for -2 Cha?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying; the Spell says I can touch people three times with that, but presumably I would choose which three to touch attack with it...so could I choose which cards to charge, or do I just use the next three cards in the deck regardless of whether I want to or not?

Vergil Tanner

Sain

Here is my Draft. The concept is pretty much set, but I might do some adjustments to fine details and how they are presented.

Appearance
Laica is a fox fur with the appearance of a well groomed and possibly well liked servant. Her fur and hair wave in various shades of brown and orange and white tips decorate the very tips of her ears and tail. Her body is soft and a little thickset below the waist. She has mismatched green and blue eyes, both often twinkling with a knowing flirty smile that spreads to her whole face. Laica is often seen wearing a skimpy servant’s outfit and a dark leather collar with the name of her owner hanging from it. She also tugs along a big backpack.

Calitorn is a towering figure of muscle with tanned skin and long dark grey hair. He poses as somewhat magically gifted human noble with arcane burning bright blue in his gaze, but fully hides his foot long claws and razor sharp teeth behind an illusionary disguise. His features are nearly divine in their perfection, though weighed down by years of worry and strife. Most of the time Calitorn appears to be wearing a white mantle coat.

Personality
Laica has blossomed under Calitorn’s ownership. She carries herself with a confidence not often seen in the servant class furs, always muzzle turned up, eyes ready to strike contact, and flirt their way to your heart. Under the tutelage of the former outsider bard her sexuality has grown into a formidable weapon. While she prefers to be the one doing the kneeling Laica expresses her opinions with a certain amount of determination and is not afraid to stand behind her words if she has her master within arm’s reach. Having suffered a great deal and sharing shards of the former hero’s soul sometimes overtake the natural vixen need for mischief and pleasure and guide that determination towards a more altruistic end.

Calitorn, while merely a shadow of his former self, is still a former hero to be. He is guided by the same instincts to do the right thing as before, and the unconscious core of his personality that seeks to swoon and bed women and men alike still remains along with his fierce loyalty to those close to him. He may not appear quite so sharp as he once was due to the muddied memories having him mix the Arcane Glyph for a power word with a curse word. Unfazed by this, Calitorn still tries to pass off as someone of immense wit and charisma by sheer power of confidence. However, years have left a bit of wisdom to him. Calitorn remembers enough to know that nothing good will come out of trying to be the hero to save everything, rather he wants to focus on enjoying his current life with Laica.

Background

Although the age of heroes was past the spark of heroism is never truly extinguished. The righteous souls will inevitably rise above to that precarious stage wherein victory wait the legends an in defeat awaits oblivion. In those decisive days when mortals battled the forces beyond their plane and sought to defend their home a group of adventurers sought for an alternative solution.

They were a mixed band of mortal and planar beings united by the vision of Calitorn Startongue, a dashing bard. They fought between the planes, striving to restore peace that had been by cutting off the root cause. Long and hard were the years of their struggle, and ultimately, when Kern closed the portals, futile.

The squad that could have grown into true heroes came crashing down from the planes as the portals collapsed. The was party scattered throughout Zalaielith. Their shrine maiden was imprisoned and stripped off of her status for the use of divine magic, their former knight lost his mind as he would never again see the demon lover left in outer planes, their elven wizard was forcibly dragged home to inherit his title, and the goblin rogue hanged as a traitor. Calitorn himself had been deeply wounded in their retreat. The fiend they had battled cleaved off chunks of his very soul as he held held it back from mauling his friends. Falling down to mortal world and feeling his connection to the outer plane disappear Calitorn knew very well how little of that once dashing hero would remain the next he opened his eyes.

Coming to he did not recall having such a thought. The world he saw was a mysterious place painted with a faint layer of fragmented memories. There was wonder and beauty in the locals, but they were not like him. The friends whose faces he remembered were not around him. The incantations he knew fizzled at the first syllable. Only the way people bent to his smiles and words still felt right.

Calitorn quickly learned himself to keep his nature hidden from the mortals. For the longest time he fought his urges to step in and defend those he saw suffer, knowing that revealing his claws and teeth would summon the orcs in steel to see to his swift end. He lived suppressed, year by year withering away one memory at a time as his very essence burned out without a connection to the planes to feed on. In one of his more somber moments Calitorn the Startongue sang a short off tune poem about the heroes that came second.

Far removed from such other worldly worries lived a lowly little fur - Laica. Se had not had much go right in her life. Some human noble whose name she was too lowly to pronounce correctly (if the mockery was to be believed anyway) had taken Laica from her from everyone she knew. They didn’t call it slavery, but she was expected to wear a collar and pay back everything she earned from the day’s work for the privilege of some bread and soup and a locked cell to call home. By day she cared for the stable animals, by night she cared for needs of the more esteemed servants whenever they couldn’t bother to pay for a proper whore. There was only so much that honeyed words could sweeten such a deal.

On one cloudless evening when the celestial lights taunted all those trapped beneath them with their splendor the shambling remains of Calitorn Startongue leaned against a bridge to clear his drunken head. The stars weren’t his to watch anymore. His gaze fell down upon a figure huffing and puffing as she dragged a heavy bucket of water along the ground.

He let his eyes close into slumber. For that split second Calitorn caught a glimpse of what the world used to look like when he still saw with eyes of he had once possessed. Magic waxed and waned around all life, weaving spirals behind squirrels as they hopped trees, and around the girl… Calitorn gasped, fully awake. He jumped off the bridge.

Laica dropped the bucket when a tall dark stranger landed before her. His eyes glowed with strange blue. A magician? A magician highwayman? Was this it? She fell on her butt. “H-hey…  I-I am just a poor fur slave. I own nothing of value. P-please, if you want-”

The man paused Puna’s babbling with a sharp claw laid against her muzzle. The man was massive, foreboding, and in control, yet her fears had evaporated. A charming smile full of openings smiled down at her. “Oh, fear not. Though you would make a fetching catch I’m not here to rob you. Instead, I have a proposition for you: Become mine.”

Fox ears twitched. The moment stretched into silence. Countless fantasy scenarios passed through Laica’s mind, each lewder than the last. She was certainly unhappy with her current master, but… “Eeh… I am flattered. I really am, but can- I- eh…  How? Become yours?” Don’t you need to inform the nobles of transfer of ownership, and fill out a lot of paperwork, and…

Calitorn caressed her cheek. His deep voice resonated with the confidence that only a former bard from the outer realms could, “Shh… Worry not. I will take care of everything for you. This life, these worries; none will haunt you. For lifetimes I have searched for someone just like you, and though I cannot claim to know the full extent of your troubles I know that with you I can make them vanish.”

The gentle petting hand left her head a moment before Laica would have wanted as Calitorn turned to leave. “But I know the moment is sudden. You have your life, and I am a fading stranger. It may have been an old fool’s dream to think I could lay claim to such a woman.”

Handsome old fool's. Was he for real? A higher class mortal actually wanted her, wanted her for his own and not just as some servant, but as a… Red heat spread on Laica’s ears.

“Fear not. I shan’t approach you again-”

“No! Wait! I’ll be yours! Just take me!”

A wide grin adorned Calitorn’s lips as he looked back. “Then, I shall take that as a binding yes.”

The little space under the bridge lit up with light bright as daylight as the last of his magic burned up to form the contract. Laica winced as a glowing seal was burned on her forehead. Looking up she could see a matching one on his. Strange power flooded to her, knowledge of arcane, of realms and people she had never seen, and above it all echoed a voice in her head.

From there began the adventures of a slave freed by her bond to an outsider. The magic tied Calitorn to Laica, but he could see that she would not be able to handle such a drastic shift. She needed guidance and direction, and a hand to hold her leash. Calitorn tied the little fox down with words of seduction and bound her body to his by the might of his renewed strength and vigor. He might no longer be able to walk the realm and be truly free, but such was a small price to pay for having a devoted fur at your call, ready to reinvigorate you with her life force and lick the wounds afterward.

Character sheets

Calitorn Startongue
Laica

Sain

For any character connection purposes:

Laica and Calitorn have probably hung out in the merc town for 1-2 years by now as a team/item. For smutting purposes they're poly, but Calitorn is basically in charge of who Laica gets to fuck (though if she asks she is pretty much given the go ahead.) Calitorn poses as a human noble of some different name who channels magic energy from his contracted servant to maintain his transformation (he has claws and bite attack). Laica is there to cast support spells on him. The pair avoids any really dangerous people who might be able to see through his disguise/bluff so they've tried to keep a bit lower profile than most adventurers of equal power. I'm up for some other charas already knowing that Calitorn is an former Celestial outsider or just others having worked (or relaxed ;)) with them.

Vergil Tanner

I'm still getting my head around the whole "Eidolon / Former Celestial" thing, honestly. >.> Doesn't the Summoner have to Summon the Eidolon from the Outer Planes? I thought it was a rule that Eidolon's HAVE to disappear when their Summoners are unconscious (EG, sleeping) unless you have a very specific feat... >.>

Also: If he is shaped by his own past self rather than her desires...how do Evolutions work? >.>

Sain

Eh, could just re-fluff it so that the Eidolon disappears into some more incorporeal form so they just hover about inside the summoner, unconscious and unable to materialize. Idea was that he was free outsider before doing the bond, but now of course has to abide by the restrictions that other eidolons do too.

e. As for evolutions. He is siphoning Laica's power and basically living off of her instead of a celestial plane now, so that could affect him. Also evolutions could be seen as him regaining parts of his former might.

Vergil Tanner

Eeeh...still not convinced. I mean, I love the concept, but it would take a lot of handwaving and readjusting of rules for the character to make it work in the system with how Summoners and Eidolons are written and designed to work...but we'll just have to see what Flint says, since...well, I'm just a confused player and not a GM. :P

Sain

Effectively in play he works just like any other eidolon: Disappears when he goes to 0 hitpoints, needs to be re-summoned, can't heal, disappears when she goes unconscious etc.

No rules adjustments required :-) I can see though how the background might give a confusing image.

Vergil Tanner

Well, I mean...if he's posing as a noble...isn't that a risk, given that if she takes a nap or is knocked unconscious, well...POOF he disappears? Also...that whole "Constant illusion" thing...how? Does he have an item that creates a persistent illusion around him? What about his Mark? He would have been found out as soon as one Nobles Mage used Detect Magic on him...right? >.>

And can she Dismiss him? Can she order him to do as she says, considering that systematically he functions like a Summoned Creature? Like...if she gives him an order, he has to follow it. Does that apply to them?

Sain

He has a hat of disguise and quite high bluff and disguise +10 from hat to disguise and +8 to bluff from an evolution racial bonus. The mark they can of course detect, but I'm thinking he will bluff it something along these lines:

"Yes. It's a summoner's mark. I did some studying on the magic and found out how to link myself with another mortal instead to siphon their energies."

Both summoner and summoned have the same mark so he would be the one posing as the person who "summoned" ;D With high enough bluff, anything might be possible. Of course, healthy common sense still says that powerful mages are to be avoided since they could still see through the disguise.

She can dismiss him. After all she is still the summoner whose magic sustains him now that they are bound and are summoner and eidolon. However, due to emotional manipulation on his part she would probably be unwilling to do so in most situations.

jeflint

Vergil Tanner

So basically he's emotionally manipulated her into being subservient in a relationship where SHE should have all the power, so that even if she wanted to, she'd never ever be able to leave him? He sounds like a peach. >.>

Pshaw. Bluff +8 and Disguise +10? Childs play. My Kitsune Ninja has a +19 and +27 respectively >.>

And LOL. I didn't, no :P