The Lost Boys Inspired Vampire RP (F seeking M)

Started by LtRipley, August 04, 2017, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtRipley

Please read over my o/o's before pming me :) thank you!

So I just finished rewatching The Lost Boys for the thousandth time and I thought 'what a fun premises for a vampire story', in so far as it's classic vampire lore set in 1980s America. I'd like to keep that sort of juxtaposition, ancient creatures (well, some of them would be ancient but not all) in a very 'modern' setting definitely not associated with vampires but instead the start of the 'tech' era. Technology coming into every day life through music (techno and synthesizers), entertainment (video games), communication (computers, cell phones), etc etc.

I think I'd like to keep the vampires as essentially being a gang of some sort, we could keep them as being in their late teens/early twenties or make them older, possibly incorporate some drug element since they were starting to get really big as a cash crop for gangs in this time. And I'd like to keep the 'new kid on the block' as being the other main character (one would be this human, the other a vampire). How much else we change is up to my partner, though overall I imagine it being much darker and adult of course. We could keep some of the more humorous aspects or make it pretty serious overall.

I'd prefer for the vampire to be male and the human be female but I could be convinced to switch that, and there's room for side characters too. I'd be up for playing a female vampire even if my main is human, so on and so forth. The characters themselves are pretty up in the air, I have ideas but too many to list and they're all very underdeveloped right now until I have a partner.