You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 16, 2018, 04:03:37 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Wizard of Lancaster [Thete and Val]  (Read 656 times)

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Wizard of Lancaster [Thete and Val]
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »
"Cybermen," Isabel repeated, nodding her head as she affixed the name of the enemy in her mind.  There would be more victims like William, that much was clear, but with luck and determination they would find the true menace soon enough, the Cyberman made all of metal, and he would pay the price for what he had done.

She paused a moment before continuing, taking a clean handkerchief from her sleeve and kneeling to place it gently over William's face.  "I had not seen him for years," she said, quietly.  "We were betrothed for a time before his family changed its allegiance.  Naturally we could not ally with Yorkists."  Her voice was somewhere between serious and sarcastic, unhappy with this aspect of her world but accepting it as something she could not change.  "But William was always kind to me, and I am sorry he is gone."

Then she took a deep breath and stood, drawing another arrow from her quiver and setting it to the bowstring.  "I am ready, Doctor.  Will my arrows harm them at all without your lightning power?"

Online Theta Sigma

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
It wasn't as he suspected, but he understood. There was likely some sort of feelings hidden underneath, though he assumed she would never admit them. Not even if it was socially acceptable to do so. There would be a time to dwell fully later, now was not the time, and she understood.

With a nod, he shone the torch further down the path. 'They will stun them, which should be good enough. It'll stop them instantly lunging for us, at the very least.'

Offline ValerianTopic starter

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2017, 05:35:44 PM »
"Then that will do," Isabel said, standing straighter and letting her gaze wander ahead down the path.  It was really quite an ordinary path, giving no hint of what lay at the end of it, yet the Doctor's words made it seem strangely ominous as well.  Whatever happened, by the time this night was over she knew nothing would be the same again.

"I flatter myself that I am a fair shot, though I will allow that I have never been tested in... quite such a fashion," she added dryly.  "But my lord father assures me that I am the most obstinate young woman in all the shire, so be assured that I will do my best, Doctor."