Writer(s) Wanted for Fate II-Updated!!

Started by Greenthorn, January 04, 2009, 10:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

With the great success of Fate so far, I'd like to start putting Fate II in the works and am looking for the writer. 

Here's what happens and what you (as a potential writer) will need to do:

You will decide how to start your character's life.  The original post is totally up to you.  You pick the setting, you pick the past...

You will need to be able to leave "open posts".  Anything that you think could use a vote (major decision, minor decision with possibilities, choice of clothing even!) will need to be near the end of your post.

You will need to be able to elaborate on the vote outcome.  I will put in a little blurb, but the story will be completely yours.  Your character's reactions to the vote are up to you.

There is an end to every "Fate" story/game...and unfortunately for you as the writer, it's up to the voters.  You will get to see my outcomes to the votes beforehand if you'd like (the consequences of the vote choices) but you will need to keep it away from the voters to allow the experience to be more engaging.

Sometimes I need a little help with the vote choices...which is where you will come in.  Everyone has their character's stories in their head already...but you need to sometimes say "what if"...and that's when a vote comes in and your input on the vote choices.

So...if you feel you would enjoy this process, leave a post here!  It is a not a requirement, but a character concept would be nice also ;)

Oh...and of course there will be new little sig buttons for this game available ;D  And also, the starting date of Fate II is yet to be determined...consider this a "feeling out" to see if anyone has the interest ;D

Edit:  I will be a bit choosy in case you have not realized by my post...but don't think I will choose based on whether or not you're "popular" or something silly like that!! ;)

OldSchoolGamer

Sounds like a popular demand driven version of Choose Your Own Adventures.  I loved those books when I was a lad.

So any genre, eh?  My pick would be fantasy.

I'd be leaning toward RPing a maiden.  Samantha would be sick and tired of her overbearing mother and stepfather wanting to groom her for a life in the nobility.  She would like bigger challenges than remembering who is whom in the peerage, and perfecting her curtsy., thank you very much!  The nerve of her!  So she secretly gathers a few things together and sets up to earn her own fortune and not be forced to live life under anyone's gilded slipper.

The course of the adventure could go...well, basically any way the Vox Populi wanted it to go.  Plenty of "do I take the left path or the right" or "open the door or pass it by" options there.  I would be open for all sexual possibilities, from a romantic interlude with the bard at the local tavern to brutal gang-rape at the hands of a band of cutthroats (human or non).  The character's destiny could be anything from founding an empire to being a slave.

Well, that's my two cents worth, anyway.

cattycutie

I'd be interested in writing: I have quite a bit of free time now Christmas is done :P

It'd be modern day, featuring a prostitute who's managed to avoid drugs for most of her life, but is either drawn in slowly or does in fact manage to keep off (one of the options available).
20-year-old Alex loved her job: it ensured her sexual appetite would never go unfulfilled. Of course, it had its risks, but the benefits were so much more.

The pay was good, her pimp wasn't too hard on her, and it was sweet how most of the guys she was with felt obliged to say more than a quick "hi" then start rutting. Much of the time, conversation was good. The main reason for this was that she treated her clients with respect. They were real people, even if they had a little trouble with their sex life.

She attributed her success to her looks. Her ripe age meant that though she looked young enough to act coy, as so many men wanted, she was old enough to have all the experience necessary to keep them coming back for more.

Working from the streets, however, had its challenges and one of these was to stay off drugs. Coke was offered to her most nights, speed was getting rarer and rarer, but it was definitely still around.

The story would revolve around her and the way she avoids (or not) drugs, and the general gritty street stuff. Following Ty's structure, I'd better say something about my limits sexually. There aren't really any, or none that I won't make public if/when I think of them :P

She might get a boyfriend, does she tell him or not? How does he react?
There's every possibility of rape: what happens?
Maybe she ends up pregnant?

This is as much "a day in the life..." as anything else.
Beth's kinks

Hold me, I'm a fermata!

Greenthorn

Awesome...thanks you two!

I'm going to see if I can accumulate some more writers...then possibly come up with a non-identifiable, sly vote to choose ;)

Greenthorn

Okay...Silver came up with an awesome idea.  For Fate II it's going to be TWO writers...both writing the story!!

So...

Anyone interested?

The steps:

Post an interest here. Don't give any information besides "I'm interested" please (read below)

PM me with your character description (Looks, background and personality only.  Try not to 'place' the character into a setting since that setting might not be chosen!).

I'll hold a "blind" vote once I get at least 4-6 interested people and allow the voters to pair up two people *grins* (this is negotiable, depending on interest from the voters!)

Then there will be a vote for the setting (oh yes...Fate II will be even -more- interactive), so as a potential writer, also let me know in the PM which setting(s) you like!

And last...after all is decided...the Voters will choose how you and your partner meet ;D

Silver

As I've stated before. I would love to be a writer for Fate II.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

OldSchoolGamer

My hat is still in the ring, as previously described.

Greenthorn

I am considering doing more short term Fate spinoffs...a definitive beginning and end.  Perhaps there would be more interest?

This project is important to me because it allows -everyone- to be involved.  Whether you are a voter or a writer, it's a way to meet others on a more casual level.