You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 18, 2021, 12:54:57 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What does "Going Behind the Curtain" mean?  (Read 1063 times)

Offline SongbirdTopic starter

• Our Lady of Optimism, Mistress of the Comma, Babe of the Bounteous Bosom, Saint of Submission, Her Succubian Majesty, Curvaceous Muse, Sweet Devil, Alluring Siren, Innocent Angel, Helpless Captive, Cuddle-Dove, Sex Kitten, Nubile Nerd, and One Wordy Wench
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • "They're real, and they're spectacular!"
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
What does "Going Behind the Curtain" mean?
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:41:15 am »
Hi everyone! :D

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, or if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but could somebody please tell me what it means to "go behind the curtain"? I saw it while I was reading Elliquiy's rules post, but I didn't know what it meant, and thought I had better ask.

Please delete this if it is in the wrong place, or if I should have asked a staff member directly. Hopefully I don't look as foolish as I feel! ;D

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration! :-)

Songbird :-*

Offline Oniya

Re: What does "Going Behind the Curtain" mean?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:10:42 am »
There used to be a tendency for some people to claim they were 'going behind the curtain' with the implication that they were doing 'inappropriate' things in the public SB.  Something like 'PersonW takes PersonZ behind the curtain.' followed by 'PersonZ emerges, zipping up their trousers.'  This really isn't the sort of thing that should be going on in full view of random visitors (since they have not gone through the application process, and might even be underage.)  Plus, there are plenty of places on E where such activities are just fine - such as the Red Light District.

The rule is in place to keep the Shoutbox comfortable for the general membership as well (if you've ever been at a party where a couple is making out on the sofa, you have some idea of how that can be awkward.)

• Our Lady of Optimism, Mistress of the Comma, Babe of the Bounteous Bosom, Saint of Submission, Her Succubian Majesty, Curvaceous Muse, Sweet Devil, Alluring Siren, Innocent Angel, Helpless Captive, Cuddle-Dove, Sex Kitten, Nubile Nerd, and One Wordy Wench
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 01:28:54 am »
Ah, I understand now! Yes, I can see how that might make others feel uncomfortable. Thank you so much for explaining it to me! :D

I'm ashamed to admit this, but before your explanation I thought it was a reference to "The Wizard of Oz". ;D

Thank you again! :D

Offline Oniya

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:37:00 am »
Ah, I understand now! Yes, I can see how that might make others feel uncomfortable. Thank you so much for explaining it to me! :D

I'm ashamed to admit this, but before your explanation I thought it was a reference to "The Wizard of Oz". ;D

Thank you again! :D

I suppose that's not too far off either - 'Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain' XD

• Lady
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 11:05:15 am »
I suppose that's not too far off either - 'Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain' XD

Exactly! Gotta love that movie, and the book! ;D