You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

March 03, 2021, 12:43:41 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki is back on-line. Search non-functional for now.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hogwarts: A Recent Past [Recruitment Thread] -No Longer Accepting-  (Read 7264 times)

Offline MellificTopic starter

Re: Hogwarts: A Recent Past [Recruitment Thread]
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2017, 12:52:21 pm »
I love the idea presented forth in this game.  I will definitely be putting forth the effort in making a character for this game!

Looking forward to your character sheet, and glad to have your interest!

Hey I'd like to throw my name in for this one.

Face claim for Jacob Anderson please!

Nice choice.  ::)

I'll get that put in for you.

Offline Snake

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2017, 01:07:47 pm »
Jake Anderson ...from Deadliest Catch? wow.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2017, 04:06:26 pm »
Finally had some time to work on finding a face claim I was fond of for the character I had begun to plan so now I can actually begin working on my character profile. 

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2017, 04:39:43 pm »
Finally had some time to work on finding a face claim I was fond of for the character I had begun to plan so now I can actually begin working on my character profile.

If you would like, you can list the face-claim here and I can reserve it for you.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2017, 04:56:10 pm »
Oh he'll, why not?  Officially face claiming Ayaka Sayama then.

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2017, 05:36:09 pm »
I will get that added for you, then!

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2017, 06:16:09 pm »
And done!

Offline Whowhatwhere

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2017, 07:29:21 am »
I'm finding I am not having time to finish my character. I must withdraw my request. Thanks, and have fun!

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2017, 07:34:32 am »
I'm finding I am not having time to finish my character. I must withdraw my request. Thanks, and have fun!

No problem, if you find that you do have the time, feel free to pop back over.

Offline Crash

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2017, 11:52:03 pm »
Makes me want to claim Susanna Hoffs.  I mean who is more 80's than that!

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2017, 11:41:22 am »
Makes me want to claim Susanna Hoffs.  I mean who is more 80's than that!

You can face-claim whoever you'd like! The 80's timeline is not going to be so strict that the game becomes a research project. We want to keep this what it is meant to be at its core; a fun HP universe Rp.

So, don't feel the need to limit yourself to all things 80's. Unless you want to!  ;D

Offline Velatha

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2017, 01:56:14 pm »
Hey, at least the Star Wars craze is in full swing with Empire having just been in theaters earlier that year.  Almost sure to have one of twelve references used throughout the course of the game.

Offline FigTree

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2017, 08:24:32 pm »
I'd love to play if recruitment is still open. Are houses and genders fairly balanced at this point, or are some over/underrepresented?

(ETA: Whoops, I can definitely find that info on the Accepted Characters post. Reading is fundamental.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:25:50 pm by AMessOfADreamer »

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2017, 08:33:52 pm »
Hey, at least the Star Wars craze is in full swing with Empire having just been in theaters earlier that year.  Almost sure to have one of twelve references used throughout the course of the game.

May the force be with you!  ::)

I'd love to play if recruitment is still open. Are houses and genders fairly balanced at this point, or are some over/underrepresented?

(ETA: Whoops, I can definitely find that info on the Accepted Characters post. Reading is fundamental.)

We'd love to have you! Recruitment is open for the foreseeable future.

As far as genders are concerned, I'd recommend for interested writers to create a character based on what they would like to write, rather than what the game may need. As of now, we're allowing two characters per writer and later on, after enough interest and if that writer can balance more, we'll allow three characters per writer.

That being said, I do believe we have more women than men as of right now. But I hope and expect for that to balance out in time.

Offline Crash

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2017, 05:38:50 pm »
You can face-claim whoever you'd like! The 80's timeline is not going to be so strict that the game becomes a research project. We want to keep this what it is meant to be at its core; a fun HP universe Rp.

So, don't feel the need to limit yourself to all things 80's. Unless you want to!  ;D

Bored with male characters and my female characters tend to be into other female characters.  It seems like most HP based games on E fall under mostly hetero lines.  As a male writer of a female character often that limits the pool of perspective writers as well. Now sex isn't as important as plot and character development but it does make establishing romance much harder if you want to explore deeply personal plot threads.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:48:17 pm by Crash »

Offline Velatha

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2017, 09:16:05 pm »
Seems like most of the females in the game are at least open for experimentation, and my character is specifically into other women so feel free to make whatever interests you.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:20:48 pm by Velatha »

Offline Crash

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 09:18:57 pm »
Seems like most of the females in the gAmerican are at least open for experimentation, and my character is specifically into other women so feel free to make whatever interests you.

I am going to give it a go.  I have written with a lot of the writers in this game and absolutely love them.  If something works out with another character great.  If not I can always write up a potential girlfriend for her and explore things that way.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »
Holy crap!  I better pay more attention when posting anything from my tablet... even just something so seemingly inconsequential as what I just did.  Autocorrect...  fixed, but please leave the quote unchanged so all can see the brilliant oversight to serve as a warning.

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2017, 09:26:24 pm »
I am going to give it a go.  I have written with a lot of the writers in this game and absolutely love them.  If something works out with another character great.  If not I can always write up a potential girlfriend for her and explore things that way.

I've really enjoyed writing with you, Crash.

That being said, you do bring up a valid point in that there doesn't seem to be a lot of same-sex relationships happening in the HP universe. Though I'm not sure why.

With that being said, we welcome all sexual orientations. I hope that you can find what you're looking for here. ^^

Offline Crash

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2017, 09:30:26 pm »
Holy crap!  I better pay more attention when posting anything from my tablet... even just something so seemingly inconsequential as what I just did.  Autocorrect...  fixed, but please leave the quote unchanged so all can see the brilliant oversight to serve as a warning.

I do it all the time. ;)

Offline Crash

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2017, 11:54:25 pm »
Always takes a bit getting these characters complete, but her personality is coming together.   Not sure what house yet.  I find the difference between Gryffindor, Slytherin and Ravenclaw is much smaller than you would think.

Offline Untamed Skies

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2017, 12:00:08 am »
You know, whenever I went about creating a character and wasn't positive which house a character should end up in I always go to

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/HarryPotter/Docs/Quiz-House.html

and answer the questions as the character would. I like it because not all of the answers are ultra obvious about which house is which.

Offline Crash

« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2017, 12:58:38 pm »
WIP

Introductory Information

Full Name: Nina Gravenreuth

Nickname: None…yet

Birth Date: February, 22 1962

Sexuality: Lesbian

Blood Status: Half-Blood

Birthplace: Freising, Germany

Year: 1st year of University

House: Gryffindor

Wand Length | Wood | Core: What length/wood/core is your character's wand?

Patronus: Yes - Raccoon

Apparation License: Yes

Personal Information

Notable Features:

General Appearance: Nina is tall at 5’8” and manages to balance a slender waist with German curves through a dedicated diet and exercise.  Her hair is brown (most of the time) as are her eyes, which are nothing special. They do smoky really well with a little help though. Nina has a fair complexion that burns before it tans.  She likes to dress up when she gets the chance and has been seen solo at a number of dances just so she has an excuse to wear something nice.

Personality Traits:

Amiable – Nina is a sweet person.  Maybe this is because it is easier for her to be nice than be open.  She is easy to talk to and a good friend.

Curious – Nina is willing to try new things, be that new foods, new kinds of exercise or new experiences.  She is the one that will poke her head into the haunted house on a dare or pop that strangely colored Bertie Bots Every Flavor Bean in her mouth just to see what flavor it is.

Discreet – Nina knows a bit about secrets and being subtle about things.  She is sensitive about others secrets and while she likes hearing gossip as much as the next person she is rarely the one doing the gossiping.

Attractive – Physically Nina is beautiful in that girl next door sort of way, but it isn’t just physical looks.  She is fundamentally a good person and it shows through.

Romantic – Nina is a hopeless romantic even if her reputation says otherwise.

Guarded – Most wouldn’t associate Nina with being guarded, until you get to know her better.  When it comes to teenage crushes and romance she is tight lipped. When things get personal Nina deflects, dismisses and turns conversations around to focus on anyone other than her.

Tease – Nina dated in her earlier years at Hogwarts but as soon as things turned more physical than light kissed and hand-holding Nina would shut things down.  This got her a reputation among the boys as a tease.

Repressed – Nina would like nothing more than to find a pretty girl that she could open her heart too, but she is often good friends with girls she is attracted too and doesn’t want to lose a friend by changing the dynamic and admitting she is attracted to them.  This has made Nina’s personal life a bit of a mess.

Thievish – This is not intended, but Nina doesn’t think of personal property in the same way as everyone else.  She often forgets to give back things that she borrows them and when she lends something out to a friend she doesn’t necessarily expect it back any time soon.

Messy -  While Nina may look like she has things together when she walks out of Gryffindor tower, her tower mates know her personal space mimics her head space, cluttered and chaotic.

Brief History:

Strengths:

Potions – Nina seems to have a knack with potions. The class is an absolute breeze for her.  Her talent for it lead to her being a MediWitch Aid at Hogwarts.  She isn’t sure MediWitch is her career path, but she does get to mix a lot of potions to keep up with all of the magical accidents that occur at Hogwarts.

Cooking – Probably the reason Nina is so good at Potions is her talent with cooking.  Recipes are recipes after all and Nina has been helping in the kitchen since she was a little girl.

Fundamentally Good – Nina doesn’t have an evil bone in her body.  Her Patronus came surprisingly easy to her (it wasn’t easy, but she was one of the first in her class to achieve it).  She is a loyal and true friend that will put a good cause before personal gain.

Friendly and Extroverted – Nina puts herself out there (to a point).  If there is a new person in the room Nina will find them and strike up a conversation.  She picks wallflowers off the wall at dances and lends an ear to someone who looks like they are in trouble.

Weaknesses:

Personal Life - Nina’s personal life is a disaster.  She has known for some time that she is attracted to women, but still she tried dating boys for years.  Sometimes she did it because she thought she should give it a go. Sometimes it was to keep up appearances.  It always ended in some form of disaster which gave her the reputation as a tease or being uptight to the point of frigid.  She has yet to approach a girl she finds attractive.  She tells herself it is because she doesn’t want to mess up a perfectly good friendship, but maybe she just doesn’t want to be the one being rejected.

Curiosity – Nina’s ingrained curiosity will continue to get her into trouble.  Exploring the school grounds after dark, wanting to peak into the Dark Arts section of the school library, self-testing a potion variant she concocted are all things that make Nina go SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Organization – Controlled chaos is what Nina likes to call it.  Her teachers call it a serious lack of organization skills.  Her sleeping area is a mess, there are papers shoved into her binders and sticking out at odd angles.  Writing surfaces become canvases. Spells only help for a little while.  If Nina sits in one place for too long things will become disheveled, messy and chaotic.

Likes: Music (Current interests: Blondie, Pat Benatar and the Police), Potions Class, Strudel (she avoids them for her diet), Watermelon, Cooking, the color blue (sky blue in particular), Salads, Rain in a roof, that time just after dusk but before night, her friends, helping others, dangly multi-colored bracelets.

Dislikes: Birds, Spiteful people, Possessiveness (when it comes to general stuff), Figs, Shellfish, Divination Class, Harsh Sunlight, Boredom, Having to Duel, Shoulder Pads, Sogginess, Being Cold, Loneliness

Family:

Name | Relation | Occupation | Age | Blood status. For deceased family, please specify.

Academic Information

Marks

Passing Grades

O - Outstanding

E - Exceeds Expectations

A - Acceptable

Failing Grades

P - Poor

D - Dreadful

T - Troll

OWL Grades:

Charms - E

Transfiguration - A

Herbology - E

Defense Against the Dark Arts - E

Ancient Runes - E

Potions - O

Care of Magical Creatures - A

Astronomy - O

Divination - P

History of Magic - A

Arithmancy - A

Muggle Studies - A

NEWT Grades:

Charms - E

Herbology - A

Defense Against the Dark Arts - A

Ancient Runes - A

Potions - O

Miscellaneous Information

Familiar: Cleo – Abyssinian cat NAME

Face-claim: Kassandra (No last name that I could find).

O/O's: Please provide a link to your On's and Off's with: Here

Notes: Include anything here about your character that wasn't covered above, if applicable. (If not, feel free to remove this section)

Extra Curriculars/Sports: MediWitch's Aid in the Medical Wing

Offline Velatha

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2017, 01:46:59 pm »
Just... WOW!  She is absolutely stunning!  I think I'm in love.

Offline Crash

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2017, 02:14:06 pm »
Yeah she is beautiful.  I still don't know the model's last name.  According to the photographer her first name is Kassandra.