Hogwarts: A Recent Past [Recruitment Thread] -No Longer Accepting-

Started by Mellific, June 26, 2017, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellific

Quote from: Wicked Emi on July 01, 2017, 05:38:38 PM
Lana Rhoades, slytherin, 21. Also, what year would she be born for 21?

I always use an Age Calculator.

So, let's say the first day of class is September 1st, 1980. Then your character will have to be born between January 1st, 1959 and September 1st, 1959, or September 2nd, 1958 through December 31st, 1958... in order for her to be 21 on the first day of class.

O/O | A/A | MM

Snake

That makes sense to me Mellific, Thanks for the explanation. I'll keep working on my profile; just finding a pic is proving to be exceptionally difficult thanks to how picky I am about it @_@ I mean I have a pic but you specifically say no artwork.

Mellific

Just wanted to make you all aware that I've added another line to the bottom of the CS's, for Extra-Curriculars and Sports. So, if your character is a Quidditch Player or part of any other activity within Hogwarts (such as Ballet, a Music Program, or is a Helper in a classroom, like Herbology for instance), please include that in this section.

Also, Snake, I completely understand being picky about pictures. If it helps, a pretty good guide for face-claims can be found here: Face-Claim Directory.

O/O | A/A | MM

Wicked Emi

Quote from: Mellific on July 03, 2017, 08:12:07 AM
Just wanted to make you all aware that I've added another line to the bottom of the CS's, for Extra-Curriculars and Sports. So, if your character is a Quidditch Player or part of any other activity within Hogwarts (such as Ballet, a Music Program, or is a Helper in a classroom, like Herbology for instance), please include that in this section.

Also, Snake, I completely understand being picky about pictures. If it helps, a pretty good guide for face-claims can be found here: Face-Claim Directory.
Since I already sent you my sheet, can you add quidditch and potion class helper?

Mellific

Quote from: Wicked Emi on July 03, 2017, 08:36:43 AM
Since I already sent you my sheet, can you add quidditch and potion class helper?

No worries - I'll be reviewing your sheet today.  ^-^

O/O | A/A | MM

Swashbuckler

I added the extra curricular thingie to the code on the accepted characters thread.

Wicked Emi

A Painter

Howmagah the most difficult part of making this character is getting the timeline and ages right, haha!

Mellific

Quote from: A Painter on July 03, 2017, 11:42:36 AM
Howmagah the most difficult part of making this character is getting the timeline and ages right, haha!

If you need any help, feel free to ask here. I've linked an Age Calculator up above, as well. That's a real life saver.

O/O | A/A | MM

GnothiSeauton

I've got the history to work on for my girl, and hopefully will be working on finishing that today after my job interview.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Mellific

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 03, 2017, 11:57:17 AM
I've got the history to work on for my girl, and hopefully will be working on finishing that today after my job interview.

Looking forward to it. Good luck with the interview!  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM

Swashbuckler

Untamed Skies

If spots are still open and available I'd be very interested in joining this game.

Swashbuckler

Untamed Skies

Alright! Then I'll get straight to work on making someone for it ^^

Mellific

I've been receiving a couple of CS's, and it got me thinking about starting an OOC, as well as a thread for the launch of the game. I was initially just waiting for the fourth to pass, because I know how busy this week can be for so many people - myself included.

I'm hoping to have the game started sometime next week.

O/O | A/A | MM

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Whowhatwhere

The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Snake

Question for you Mellific: you mention in some of the Wand descriptions that they're best for "warriors"; if we wanted to make a char with that in mind; what would it mean?  And can there be "sorcery" here? like someone naturally has magical power and can do basic spells without a wand?  I was going to make a char that was born directly over a leyline (stonehenge) and innately had magic cuz of it.

Mellific

Quote from: Snake on July 05, 2017, 11:32:11 AM
Question for you Mellific: you mention in some of the Wand descriptions that they're best for "warriors"; if we wanted to make a char with that in mind; what would it mean?  And can there be "sorcery" here? like someone naturally has magical power and can do basic spells without a wand?  I was going to make a char that was born directly over a leyline (stonehenge) and innately had magic cuz of it.

I'm confused about your questions. It sounds as if you're asking if a character can have magic that is not necessarily tied to the Harry Potter universe. Which is what this game is.

Also, just for clarification; all of the wand information comes from the Wiki page - it is not my personal writing, it is supposed to be the notes of Ollivander, who matches nearly every witch/wizard with their wand.

O/O | A/A | MM

Snake

Ooohh ok. gotcha

And I suppose I'm just theorizing. my apologies. It's more curiosity if environment plays a part in just how much magical potential someone has.

Swashbuckler

Honestly none.  In the HP universe, there IS some innate power levels, but it is far more about the amount of study and work in learning that someone puts in that determines how powerful they get.

And don't forget, these are STUDENTS for the most part.   Most of them are, even at the University level, going to be still learning and well under the power levels even seen in the movies, as those were the best of the best.

Velatha

I love the idea presented forth in this game.  I will definitely be putting forth the effort in making a character for this game!
O/Os

Roleplay request thread Status: Currently accepting

eightxinfinity

Hey I'd like to throw my name in for this one.

Face claim for Jacob Anderson please!
Ons/Offs and my poorly maintained idea thread