You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 22, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Environmental Tempurature  (Read 378 times)

Offline MissyTopic starter

Environmental Tempurature
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:35:48 PM »
So I live in an apartment with no centralized AC and am unlikely to invest in something I will use for only a couple more months. Since I'm building a new PC which cost more than I ever want to spend on a paperweight I'm concerned about how summer temperatures might impact the internal temperature of my machine.

Online Oniya

Re: Environmental Tempurature
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 12:21:37 AM »
What level of 'summer temps' are we talking about?  My current machine does fine in a PA summer, but I used to have a machine that would just shut down completely if you ran it more than three hours in the same weather.  (Half an hour of cooldown would bring it back to life, but the folks at the shop could never find a problem with it - in their climate controlled testing environment!)

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 12:16:33 PM »
Well its Southern Indiana, it can get intense if theres a heat wave, the last few days its hovered above 80 in the house. The fan I bought has helped a fair bit, it was almost 90 the other day and word is the weather is supposed to get hotter . . . it looks like it could get as high as 94F in the coming week.

Online Oniya

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »
Might not hurt to get an auxiliary cooling fan for the machine itself.  Beorning had a thread here not long ago where people talked about such things, as well as apps that can tell you what the internal temp of your machine is while it's running.

(Edited in link - it wasn't where I remembered it to be.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:49:30 PM by Oniya »

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 10:29:39 PM »
Auxilliary Cooling Fan? I'm going to have four on the inside, filling all the internal mounts, there's additional options than that?

Online Oniya

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 10:32:37 PM »
Eh - I think that might even handle Arizona summer.  O_O