You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 29, 2020, 08:15:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (DnD 5e) The Dusk before Dawn  (Read 4935 times)

Offline ShadowFox89Topic starter

Re: (DnD 5e) The Dusk before Dawn
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
 Guys, could you please use the color wheel alignment system? One of the reasons is, I want to avoid the "let's just pick chaotic neutral" effect.

And planning to start some point next week.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
Guys, could you please use the color wheel alignment system? One of the reasons is, I want to avoid the "let's just pick chaotic neutral" effect.

I have used the color wheel alignment, not sure of others though. But I think red is closest to 'chaotic' as you can get. Albeit it's more about strong emotions and it can best be chaotic good sort guy or chaotic neutral destructive barbarian who randomly acts on whims/desires it has.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:52:07 PM by Zaer Darkwail »

Offline Premier

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »
I've taken Red and I'm not going Chaotic at all. It doesn't really fit DnDs system

Offline Kathyan

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »
So, if there's an interest in it, I'd like to set up a discord group for the game. I currently can't access E on my phone and this would give a bit quicker back and forth for game stuff than just posting would.
I haven't ever use discord either

And planning to start some point next week.
Actually since 5e was introduced, I haven't cared to pick alignment :P as the choice in background and personality traits already does that better IMO, not to mention that spells and effects that target alignment seems to be gone as well.

Anyway, I'm picking white for Paane as her primary color, if secondary colors are to be used too I take green and black, the latter mostly because she'll support her master ^^

Looking good so far, everyone. Couple of things....

- A few players were interested in changing the time of the war to 10 years back rather than 18. Would everyone be okay with this?
Yeah, no problem at all :)

- A quick questionnaire for players/characters:

- Does your character have any relatives? Are they alive? Childhood friends? If you don't want to be specific, I'll assume I'm free to create personalities/backgrounds for each.
She has her parents only, probably alive, she doesn't know. I thought that given non humans are second class citizens and goliaths having a sort of barbaric society Paane has been raised as a slave since she was little so she has not seen others like her. And yes she would have childhood friends, you are free to come up with some more but I would just like one that was a slave just like her when they were children but is currently is no more.

- Does your character have any connections to any organizations?
No, unless there is an organization responsible of most slave trading.

- What are your hard limits for what happens to your characters? What are your characters kinks?
pretty much my own ons/off but she will be highly submissive

- What is your character's greatest fears? What will they fight to their last breath to defend?
That something would happen to her friends, famility or to her master(s) or to master's friends.

- What do you see as the story for your characters? Are they on a path of revenge? The classic hero's tale, righting wrongs?
Paane is mostly there to serve other as she was taught but she will also be in a path of self discovery, seeing how have clear thoughts about their goals she wants to have one of her own too, hers would be a story of liberation from the way how she was raised as a slave and taught to obey.

Offline TheFourthShade

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2017, 09:16:25 AM »
-Ten year instead of eighteen year question
Fine either way.

- Does your character have any relatives? Are they alive? Childhood friends? If you don't want to be specific, I'll assume I'm free to create personalities/backgrounds for each.
Elenore has five sisters, one brother, and one half brother.
Her elder brother and two elder sisters are always in a tossup for who gets to have what.  Elenore has kindly stepped aside, and her two younger sisters are bit too young to be considering seriously taking on any role more important than ceremonial or social affairs (of course, that's never stopped teenage nobles from scheming!)

Her younger half-brother, Alfonso, is the kind of sneaky rat and a bastard child who will do anything to get ahead.  Of course, while he is the youngest one to reach full maturity, he lives with the stigma of honoring his mother's green eyes.  Needless to say, he could be a potential ally or enemy, depending on what suits him.

Her mother, Isidora, is the proper leader of the family.  Like it or hate it (and many people who have earned her umbrage hate it), her mood can decide your success or your failure.

Her father is a bit of a disgrace on the social scene due to his wandering eye, but many fear his blade in their backs.  As an enforcer of House Venturo, he has ended lives where warnings and offers have not solved the problem.  Needless to say, fearing him is as popular as gossiping about him.

- Does your character have any connections to any organizations?

Elenore has gotten a lot of introductions to different parties due to handling the business in the port city, but her deepest connections outside of her own House are to the remnants of House Tanah.

She has used smugglers in the past, however

- What are your hard limits for what happens to your characters? What are your characters kinks?

I basically don't have any, though if I do I'll just politely ask that we get a little skimpy with the details if I'm feeling irked.
Magical sex, experimentation.  She's not really put a lot of thought into sexual affairs, truthfully, but the use of magic during sex would probably start her engine rather nicely.

- What is your character's greatest fears? What will they fight to their last breath to defend?
Elenore's biggest fear is of the unknown outside of the Empire.  Though she is studious, she ultimately has little practical experience and though her will to explore and discover often overcomes what she calls her 'common sense', she does shudder that she might find something utterly depraved out there.

- What do you see as the story for your characters? Are they on a path of revenge? The classic hero's tale, righting wrongs?
Elenore is out to bring magic back to the world.  While, as of yet she has not considered that this will lead to conflict (if not war) with the Empire, she's all but turned her back on one of the most important rules of society.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:26:24 AM by TheFourthShade »

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
 Final list!

Zaer Darkwail - Mathias- Half-Elf Fighter

Chulanowa - Taavia Flinthoof, Minotaur Fighter

Lyku Romero Xiliocient, Half-Elf Paladin

TheFourthShade, Elenore of House Venture, Human Wizard

Kathyan, Paane, Goliath Mystic

Purity, Tiefling Bard

OOC will be going up soon and I'll put a small IC up for people to converse with each other and get a feel for characters.