You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 16, 2018, 02:03:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Female Adventurers in a Fantasy "Reality Show" (NC, 5E, Players Seeking GM)  (Read 6999 times)

Online DarilTopic starter

I've recently been a player in a 5e game where various female adventurers participate in the fantasy world equivalent of a reality TV show.  Unfortunately the GM has been busy lately so the game has stalled, but myself and some of the other players are interested in doing another game with a similar premise. 

Is there anyone who would be interested in GMing a game like that?  I'm hoping for a character starting level of about 4-6.  The previous game was set on an island where there was treasure to be found which I kind of liked because of the types of foes it allowed potentially allowed for (pirates, amazons, things brought in from off island to make the game more interesting...).

Here are pictures of two potential characters in the hope they may arouse some interest.  ;)

Half-elf Wizard Entertainer turned Adventurer
Same girl in distress (NSFW)

Female Eldritch Knight (NSFW)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:17:40 PM by Daril »

Online Laughing Hyena

*whistling softly* Im looking for my spark as a GM and still trying to get into the role more effectively. I admit I fucked up on several occasions but Im still wanting to try again and again.

Any thoughts on how you would run the game if you were GM?  Setting, character requirements, general tone, etc?  Do you think you can accommodate various preferences in terms of types of enemies (for instance if I was hoping for charismatic enemies for the half-elf and rougher ones for the knight)?

I should probably give the other players from the previous game a brief chance to chime in here.

Online Laughing Hyena

I have plenty of thoughts. And I can provide for peoples tastes. ^_^

I'd run it in a more over the top way, announcers, commercials, skimpy clothing with cheesecake fan service with some lamp shading. Light hearted where one can smile at the end of the day. But I can also do a bit more grimy and darker scenario where things are more political and harsh where it runs like pure exploration at the expense of the heroines and they are in more danger than the show looks. Like the staff are more interested in ratings than well being. Run it like a horror shaky cam or such.

Offline Keelan

That sounds right up my alley, considering the previous character I made was Queen Vall Ha'la, the reigning Queen of the Queendom of Valkyr, a land known for it's seafaring people often associated with piracy (She was a Barbarian btw)! She was also 5'0" and a light-skinned redhead, but was a half-drow because she was 10th generation from the founding Queen of Valkyr, whom herself was a Drow...

So yeah, that sounds phenomenal :3

I was actually hoping to keep the "reality show" aspect as unobtrusive as possible, possibly to the point where characters can easily forget they're being observed via magic.  That way their behaviour isn't inhibited by the knowledge that they're being observed.  That might seem to defeat the point, but well... part of the reason I'm even keeping the reality show aspect is because no one really seemed interested in coming up with ideas for a new plot and I figured I needed to get the ball rolling.

I suppose it depends a bit on what others want to do.

Online Laughing Hyena

So kind of with the reality show more about following the adventure rs on a journey rather than setting things up more hands on hunger games style. Pure reality show rather than sporting event with elements of reality shows

That's my preference anyway.  Hopefully the others are okay with it.

Should we give this a try?

Online rikka

I'm okay with the 'unaware of audience' aspect, doesn't make any difference.  In fact, the audience is still privy to all the players' actions unless there are dead spots that allow them to stay hidden.

Offline Hexed

while the floating spy balls were amusing I do remember  a couple characters attempting to hide/bury the things. Personally could go either way myself.

Last game was a whole island with different areas and a single base camp. Be interesting to see the route you take with the idea. :)

Offline Keelan

I know I got busy and distracted, but I liked the floating eyeballs... though I tend to be a more exhibitionistic character in most games; the attention and showing off for the crowd is hot! XD

So yeah, the over the top variant is more my thing... I'd be up for a solo game if I'm the outlier I guess, if LH is interested ^_^

Online Laughing Hyena

Tampering and such aside, I have a way around that.

Anyway heres what I have for this setup.

Im going to strike a balance here. Its essentially impossible for the reality show aspects of this setting to be completely subtle. Its too counterproductive otherwise. Heres a summary.

Vaulitar. A country and kingdom that has numerous walks of life behind the vast city walls. Standing as a bastion of civilization. Gone are the days when one lived day to day in constant fear of death and destruction from the form of Dragons and Monsters. The Castle Metropolis itself and the surrounding countryside have sealed itself off long ago in a powerful barrier. Thus civilization has become less prone to dangers of the wild and few venture far from these civilized sections of the kingdom. As the areas beyond the barrier are deemed to be a lost cause overrun and ranged by savage creatures of nightmare and warmongering. Older cities have become ruins to be explored whilst Vaulitar thrives.

However the thirst to escape the boring day to day life still exists. And in the wake of this safety few are willing to find both riches and excitement outside the barrier. Yet, as the powers of magic become more common in the kingdom and changes the lives of the citizens, new forms of entertainment are invented. And with this advancement another thought comes to mind. Namely in the form of witnessing the bravery and wit of others. All in the name of entertaining others. 

The call to adventure comes forth once more. Are you brave enough to venture past the great barriers and into the unknown dangers of the outside world for both profit, fame and the entertainment of others? Well, tis time to prove it.

Basically Im thinking the lot of you signed some sort of contract of sorts in order to have your adventures recorded. Tampering with those scrying beacons is ill advised as they have a defense mechanism in them to prevent them from being destroyed. Each of you will carry them as some kind of ornament upon you. Think of them as cursed magical items that cannot be discarded and have the baneful effect of making you easy to be scryed upon. Thus they will be unobtrusive out in the wild but others will be watching you and occasionally those whom sponsor you will speak to you to help guide you into interesting locales. Be it the audience's thirst for blood and violence or the desire for raunchy fan service, they will watch you.

Character Creation

Character Creation is Standard, save for the following...

Ability Scores are set but can be Arranged. 16, 14 14, 12, 12, 10.

Starting Level is 4.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:53:05 PM by Laughing Hyena »

Online rikka

Very solid. I'm sold with this.

Offline Keelan

Might have to go more Cha-focused than Vall usually is; Vall was made basically a high-charisma Barbarian... which with the spread would be a bit harder to manage feasibly... I'll have to think on things...

Online Laughing Hyena

Charisma isn't direct appearance. One can be beautiful but also not immediately likable.

My main concern is that having a single kingdom that's completely safe is pretty limiting in terms of character backgrounds.  The previous game had characters from a variety of origins drawn to an island.  It's your game so its ultimately your call, but is there some way we could give a bit more flexibility in regards to the places and circumstances that the various characters come from?

Offline Keelan

Eh, I don't think he'd complain to much if it still fit the theme; I plan to keep Vall from Valkyr even if she's not a Barbarian with every Charisma skill by level 4 ^_^

Online Laughing Hyena

My main concern is that having a single kingdom that's completely safe is pretty limiting in terms of character backgrounds.  The previous game had characters from a variety of origins drawn to an island.  It's your game so its ultimately your call, but is there some way we could give a bit more flexibility in regards to the places and circumstances that the various characters come from?

Well there are always other settlements but either they are at higher risk due to being outside the Castle City. Then of course there is the possibly that theres more than one kingdom interested and active in this new form of entertainment. The point is however you are all sponsored by the same benefactor so there is no need to meet at a tavern.

Offline Keelan

I was figuring that; avoiding the awkward 'meet up and pray to god you STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS FIGURE OUT YOU NEED TO BE ON THE SAME GODDAMN TEAM!!!' that is a bane of many a game's existence lol ^_^

Offline JoanieSappho

I have an idea for a rather sheltered and clueless young ranger from the city.
She's competent, but was pretty much approached to be in this for pure cheesecake.

... and might just end up in a lot of Non-Con situations.
Hopefully.

Online Laughing Hyena

She's competent, but was pretty much approached to be in this for pure cheesecake.

Hopefully.

Always a pleasure Joanie. I can definitely work with that.

Offline Keelan

Hopefully.

...can... can I have my slutty Queen corrupt her? Pretty please? :3

Offline Hexed

<.<  >.>

Those stats are higher then I had... Yoink.

So. any restrictions on race or class? UA stuff permitted or just base books?

Hmmm... Cheesecake characters can be quite fun. So much joy to take in their lost clothing.

Online Laughing Hyena

Please stick to the official materials. Basic D&D 5E is all I have access to. So base books.

Offline JoanieSappho

...can... can I have my slutty Queen corrupt her? Pretty please? :3
Yes. Yes you can.