You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 24, 2020, 01:31:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Werewolf: the Apocalypse - Sept of the Shrouded Echo (Galliard needed!)  (Read 5165 times)

Offline VioletPanda

Since I'm still debating my character, someone else with a clearer concept can take my spot if they want- I don't want to hold anyone up.

Offline DatawychTopic starter

• In the virulent throes of Freud's penis envy
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Great thing about being insane? You're never bored
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Just a few notes so far...

I'd like at least one Uktena or Child of Gaia to better tie the pack into the sept/setting, but from the looks of things, that isn't going to be an issue.

Children of Gaia are the overwhelming presence in Portland and Eugene, and there are quite a few different native groups in Oregon (and 7 reservations), so Uktena are relatively plentiful as well. Similarly, Oregon is dotted with quite a few tiny pioneer/logging towns, so a good case can be made for the more rural pockets of Bone Gnawers.

As far as the more ethnically-centered tribes (Fianna, Get of Fenris, Silver Fangs, Wendigo) go, a case can be made for any of them, though Grant County is just a liiiittle bit too far south for a strong Wendigo presence. The Shadow Lords kinda fall into this category as well, but they're less concerned with pedigree and more with whether or not a Cub is competent.

Black Furies are going to pop up anywhere women are, whether it's the aggressively feminist Portlander, the extreme survivalist wilderwoman, or the lupus who's quick to remind everyone that real wolf packs have an alpha male and alpha female.

Regarding Red Talons, eastern Oregon is one of the regions in America where wolves have been federally de-listed, meaning they're plentiful enough to no longer be considered endangered or threatened. Because of this, the Sept of the Shrouded Echo's contact with lupine Kinfolk is much higher than typical. The Talons would be remiss if they didn't have at least one representative looking out for them.

Since Grant County is one of the least-populated counties in Oregon (John Day is the most populous city at about 1700), Glass Walkers might not have the best time... But Glass Walkers are all about adaptation, right? Portland's full of outdoorsy-type yuppies, anyway, so it shouldn't be much of an issue (provided there's an appropriate amount of complaining about lack of WiFi).

And last but not least, Silent Striders can fit in anywhere, due to their tendency toward world-wandering.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:18:29 AM by Datawych »

Offline VioletPanda

I had been considering Child of Gaia, but um...Can I get a word from someone as to whether or not they wanted to take my spot? I can still make a sheet, just need to know what's up.

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
I had been considering Child of Gaia, but um...Can I get a word from someone as to whether or not they wanted to take my spot? I can still make a sheet, just need to know what's up.
Well, I still don't know which characters I'm going to choose. The next step would be getting some broad-stroke backstory ideas from everyone, but I wanted to make sure everyone who was interested got a chance to say something before moving forward.

Offline VioletPanda

I'm trying to reset my sleep schedule as I apparently sleep during the day now because reasons :/ So I will work on a sheet again...Did you want the editable pdf with all the numbers or were you more focused on story aspects?

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Did you want the editable pdf with all the numbers or were you more focused on story aspects?
Story aspects. In particular, I'm looking for...

• Some basic background information.
  • Something that logically connects them to the area/sept.
  • An explanation for your choice of tribe. Why did the character choose the tribe that they did? Is it an ancestry/heritage thing? Ideological? Something else? Or if your character is a Child of Gaia or Bone Gnawer, is there something about them that made their ancestral/first-choice tribe not want to accept them?
  • A description of the character's personality. What's an aspect of their personality that makes them well-suited to their auspice? What about one that makes performing their auspice role more difficult? Has your character taken to Garou society, or are they still hung up thinking of themselves as a human/wolf (if they're a Metis, how has the way they were treated pre-change shaped their views/opinions)?
  • A bit about some of your planned Backgrounds. How did the character gain that Ally? What made their Mentor take an interest in them? Do they have Kinfolk relatives/do the relatives know what they are?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:30:48 PM by Datawych »

Offline RubySlippers

A Bone Gnawer, Homid, Ahroun the more thoughtful kind a protector over a hunter and killer but able to rally to the defense and a good scout.

She will be from a local regional Bone Gnawer clan with Kinfolk a high point background since its her large immediate family, her cousins and uncles. Some she can call on in a pinch. Have resources from her honest work as a Studio Potter so makes gorgeous artwork pottery to sell from her own workshop and sent well packaged to galleries on the West Coast not high but would be comfortable if she produces work enough each year. And will have local allies the Sheriff who thinks of her as a fine artist who draw some tourists to buy some of her work and not a troublemaker, the local High School principle who sees her as a fine graduate and who studied her work there to start and a third to be decided. She would likely earn a better living in a big city but opts to live among her roots.

Her various focuses will be combat in her war form so brawling, stealth and survival and she will have some academic education from a two year degree program in Ceramic Fine Art when she left home for three years to study her craft which will be high likely 4 Dots not just general skills of a hill folk and doing things like fixing engines but of course Studio Pottery. She would be more of a town member of the family with the respectable job not all of her family are so nice.

But she isn't ,even if a bit worldly, prefers small town life a bit of the weaver without it being too much and well likes the small things it offers her.

The Bone Gnawers are just down home and fun so I like them, and they do work and can have resources and a comfortable life seems to fit over being more wealthy and with wireless internet and such she can connect to the world at large, she would be as a concept Artist a bit different but her nature and demeanors will be more off that to a protector nature of some kind and concept more her work the wider world knows.

Offline Triggvi

I am looking at Lupus Gallard Get of Fenris named Beauregard. He was named that my the red talon that found him after his first change.  He was unconscious lay on top of a grave that said Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard

The rad talon that found him taught his twisted ways of garou society and to hate humans.. He took to the teachings which fed his raged so much so he attacked a group of human hunters and slaughtered them in crinos form. All the hunters died is sprays of chunks and blood except on that escaped and remembered how his friends died. No one believed his story and he spend several weeks under psychiatric medical care and when he was released he started hunting Beauregard.

It was after he truly saw what he did to the humans that he was horrified that he had simply killed them without reason or the ability to fight back. He did exactly what the red talon claimed the humans did to us wolves. It was the first time he had ever questioned his nature. The answer was  ashamed of what he had done in the throws of fenzy.

It was after that he walked away from the red talon camp and found a home in with the get of fenris. He turned from living on rage and hate to a more expression and called on the string of the primal heart. The get called him a warrior poet a skald as the old traditions put it.

He is a lupus Gallard Get pf fenris will a twisted upbringing and is hunted by the one that got away. The red talons have not forgiven him for walking away not matter how they treated him. On the other hand he is a metamorph and natural shapeshifter.

What drew him to the gets was the concept courage in death and the connections to the primordial wolf. It is died with bravery instead the red talons unreasonable hatred of everything homid.

He still has anger toward humans but less so after the Gets of Fenris became his new packmates. He is a playful and expressive garou. He has mastered nonverbal expression more than verbal unless he is telling a stories in the garou language.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:40:28 PM by Triggvi »

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
I've finished up the auspice primer and it ended up much longer than I was originally planning.

Regarding tribes, I'm not confident that I could do each tribe justice without the resulting post turning into a novel, but I have an alternative.

Check out Don Nevison's YouTube channel. Guy definitely knows what he's talking about, and he has some pretty in-depth videos about every single tribe, including their camps.

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
...did everyone lose interest?

Offline VioletPanda

I didn't! I had just thought spots were filled?

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Nope. I can't approve characters when I don't even know their personalities and histories and stuff.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

No, have something tonight.

Offline Triggvi

It is hard nail down history with out gm input. I have a loose history then fill in more as the game gets more detail.

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Well you already gave me one - there are plenty of people who expressed interest who we haven't heard from in a while.

Offline Triggvi

I did my character then read what I had missed initially is ok as a lupus. I was looking at him as a lupus learning the hard lessons of a human world.

Offline RubySlippers

Well you already gave me one - there are plenty of people who expressed interest who we haven't heard from in a while.

Well I was PM'd then nothing, but you seem to like my concept and at least Bone Gnawers would be everywhere so shoving poor but proud rustic and rural Bone Gnawers should work in the area and don't need to be groveling to a Sept to join if they don't like them they can do their own Sept if needed just pick the nearest rural garbage dump or disused factory or other spot.   :D

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Well I was PM'd then nothing, but you seem to like my concept and at least Bone Gnawers would be everywhere so shoving poor but proud rustic and rural Bone Gnawers should work in the area and don't need to be groveling to a Sept to join if they don't like them they can do their own Sept if needed just pick the nearest rural garbage dump or disused factory or other spot.   :D
You're good too, ATM. I'm not currently in a position where I can PM the people who haven't submitted a character summary yet, but I should be able to later tonight.

Offline RubySlippers

Okay I can get to work then.  ;D

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
I didn't! I had just thought spots were filled?

Ditto! 

Let me see what I can come up with tonight.  Dinner time now. 

Offline VioletPanda

Nope. I can't approve characters when I don't even know their personalities and histories and stuff.

I had been trying to come up with an idea but I'm getting sick and my sleep schedule is out of whack... :( I'm practically nocturnal now and can't seem to fix it.

But I'll try to get something out tonight.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
  I'd like to play a healer - theurge from one of the native american tribes.  Half caucasian and raised in Albequerquie, he is interested to explore his heritage as both a garou and a native american. 

I'll try and get you more soon.

Would it work well for the story to tie him directly to the ghost dancers?  His mother a kinfolk cousin who married outside the culture? 

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
  I'd like to play a healer - theurge from one of the native american tribes.  Half caucasian and raised in Albequerquie, he is interested to explore his heritage as both a garou and a native american. 

I'll try and get you more soon.

Would it work well for the story to tie him directly to the ghost dancers?  His mother a kinfolk cousin who married outside the culture?

I'd be more than alright with you playing a direct member of the family, even.

Offline VioletPanda

I was thinking of playing a Galliard or possibly a Theurge Metis. Theurge is one I'd like more experience with, but I don't want to step on any toes. Children of Gaia, because their ideology just made more sense- we're all on the same side fighting the Wyrm and all this back and forth infighting is a waste of time and effort. Not to mention, the Children seem more accepting of her than her own tribe.
 I'll look through the Metis flaws and see what would work well. What do you think, oh fearless ST? :)

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Here's what I'm looking for from potential players, in case anyone missed it. I can't accept characters if the only things I know about them are breed/tribe/auspice.

• Some basic background information.
  • Something that logically connects them to the area/sept.
  • An explanation for your choice of tribe. Why did the character choose the tribe that they did? Is it an ancestry/heritage thing? Ideological? Something else? Or if your character is a Child of Gaia or Bone Gnawer, is there something about them that made their ancestral/first-choice tribe not want to accept them?
  • A description of the character's personality. What's an aspect of their personality that makes them well-suited to their auspice? What about one that makes performing their auspice role more difficult? Has your character taken to Garou society, or are they still hung up thinking of themselves as a human/wolf (if they're a Metis, how has the way they were treated pre-change shaped their views/opinions)?
  • A bit about some of your planned Backgrounds. How did the character gain that Ally? What made their Mentor take an interest in them? Do they have Kinfolk relatives/do the relatives know what they are?