Seeking an Inspiring Writing Partner (F for M)

Started by Silly Smiley, May 21, 2017, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silly Smiley

Hello, and thank you in advance for your interest in my story prompts despite my terrible and dated username.

About Me
I would estimate that I have been roleplaying for nine years, but there were periods over the course of that time where I had no active stories. When I joined E, I was looking for more adult play and compatible partners, which I have been lucky in the past to have found. As it goes, stories die, so I’m in the market to take on a few more. A note about my availability, it can be sporadic. I estimate that I could write between 2 and 5 replies a week, depending. I’m not a fan of rush jobs, so it could take more than one sitting for me to feel that a post is up to quality for my partner. I respect my partners too much to give them junk to read. I just hope that my best effort is not also junk, but that is beside the point.

I don’t maintain an O/Os thread simply because I’ve never wanted to take the time. Also, I simply enjoy discussing my tastes more specifically one-on-one. Compatibility is much more easily gauged in conversation, I feel. To address a couple of simple things, though, I write in the third person, and I prefer writing in threads or over email.

I simply look for a partner I can get along with well, who inspires my writing, and whose writing I hope to inspire in return. In my opinion, there can never be too much detail in a post, and I don’t tire of being reminded of your character’s scar or dimpled cheeks. Humanize him for me. I am completely unoffended by characters with negative attributes and realistic appearances. I shouldn’t have to say this, but literate, complete sentences keep me sane (typographical errors aside, of course.)

As for the plot-to-smut ratio I prefer, that truly just depends on the story. I can enjoy a very smut-heavy plot, but I’m not interested in one-shots. What I enjoy most, though, are very plot-heavy stories that make the erotic scenes all the more rewarding for the relationship between the characters. I enjoy plots that are anything from slice-of-life, to historical/period pieces, to fantasy. Romance, though, is always a must.

I have few prompts, and they may not be to your taste. However, if I’ve piqued your interest as a partner for another type of story, I would love to discuss one with you. Though this sounds vague, I have a taste for just about any theme, and I’m willing to try things I’ve never done before.

If any of these interest you, please PM me. I would love to discuss them further

Prompts

-The Wizard in Gramercy Park-
Gramercy is a neighborhood in Manhattan, New York City. It’s ritzy, with the likes of Uma Thurman and Rufus Wainwright among the most recent tenants. In its center lies a 2 acre gated park that only residents of the buildings on the park’s perimeter have access to via a gold (or present day, nickel) key. A statue of actor Edwin Booth (brother of John Wilkes) looks over the paths and shrubbery. Absolutely no strangers are allowed within. No photography, no frisbees, no running, no smoking. The park is veiled in serenity, but walled in by the chaos of a city.
The setting is approximately one decade ago, the New York City of the 1920s. That decade, however, did not roar for one young woman sharing a tenement above a bordello in the Bowrey. Answering an anonymous ad for an assistant tacked to a corkboard in her building’s foyer, she makes the walk to Gramercy and discovers the address provided at the end of the ad does not exist. Confused, she contemplates her next move while peering through the wrought iron gates of the park. In the park’s interior, there is a shed. A match is struck from within, illuminating the formerly darkened glass.
[The idea is that there is a warlock who lives in this hut within the park who wishes to take on a live-in assistant (who could eventually become an apprentice). His work, objectives, and absolutely anything else are up for discussion. The goal is for them to fall in love.]

-In the Vein of Beauty and the Beast-
Beauty and the Beast is my favorite tale. As such, I’ve always wanted to write a take on it. There are a few spotty notions I’ve had for this particular taste of mine, but I would be very open to discussing other options with a partner. They include:
1.   There is a pirate sea Captain who is simply the most recent in a long succession of captains for The Hades. Succession passes from father to son, but the most recent captain, in spite of every effort to spread is seed, has only a daughter. She doesn’t know him and lives in a port town. Catching wind of her existence, a rival captain abducts her to kill the only possible successor to The Hades, but instead holds her captive on his rival ship.
2.   The Beast is only a Beast due to a disease, not a curse

-Conditional Mortality-
Set in an alternate universe or the past during a war, pre-nuclear weapons.
   Guardian angels are tasked with the lives and wellbeing of their charges, but their help must expire, for humans die. Fate must take over from there.
For an infantryman’s whole life, he had been watched over by an angel with a heavy infatuation for him, despite him not being fully aware of her presence. Her guardianship expires in the time he is sent to battle, but instead of allowing injuries he sustains to take his life, she breaks old, spiritual laws by saving is.
   This concept I see carrying on with her falling from grace, visible now to the man she has loved for so long. He would have no choice but to try and accept her explanation of who she is and conceal her at his base.