Interest Check ♥ Bound Souls ♥ Romance, Fantasy, Open to All

Started by AliceInLace, April 30, 2017, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceInLace

BOUND SOULS
Fantasy And Romance

Only Accepting FIVE Complete Pairs at a time!

3 MALE SPOTS OPEN

Gauging some interest for a new roleplay idea now that I am back for a huge hiatus. UPDATE: We gained enough interest and the threads are open! Please start at the character thread!

Souls are bound to one another for all eternity, no matter how far they always will find one another. However, mystical beings create such a strong bond that it increases their abilities further. This is why the university has such interest in these beings. There is a bigger problem, a strange group wants to destroy these powerful pairs at all cost. Only the Oracle knows why and this oracle seeks out these pairs and invited them to the school. They receive a full scholarship to attend the remote school hidden away in a dense forest.

Upon arriving to the school, they learn that there is more to the story. The students began to notice strange tattoos appearing on there skin. Little do they know, as they get closer to their soulmate, the matching mark gets clearer.

Can these students survive discovering love and dealing with the looming darkness ahead?

Rules and Guidelines

Here are a few simple rules to follow separated by category. ALL of Elliquiy's Rules will be adhered to without deviation.

General Rules

AliceInLace and any Moderators are in charge. We always try to include the opinions of others while making changes and updates but please respect our decisions even if it may not have been your choice. Your opinion is always welcome and we will try our best to make decisions that are beneficial to the group as a whole and progress the game as much as possible.

Respect the Staff and your fellow players. Respect the fact that we are different people, with different opinions, different beliefs, and different boundaries. By respecting each other, we can focus on just enjoying ourselves here.

If there are any issues with anything or anyone throughout the game, please let the Staff know and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

IC Rules

If two writers agree to a fight between their characters IC, they have a choice on how to resolve the conflict. Should both players agree on the outcome of the fight, without requiring a third party, unbiased source, they are free to write out the fight as agreed upon by both parties. Should players prefer to use a dice-roll system to keep the results of the fight as fair as possible, they are free to use the dice roll system implemented here on E. We will be posting dice roll rules shortly, so keep an eye out for them.

You cannot kill off a character without the writer's permission. If anyone is pressuring you to kill off your character or to do anything with your character that you do not want to, please bring it to the attention of the Staff.

Do not godmod. Godmodding is when your character forces another into an action, or when you assume a hit has landed. If two typists agree on a godmod move, then it will be allowed. Otherwise, do not assume that your character can do anything to another, physically, without consequences.

Do not meta-game. Meta-gaming is when you, the typist, use OOC information for your IC benefit. If you know about something that is going to take place in the game, on an OOC level, then you are not allowed to transfer that knowledge to your character, unless your character learns it himself/herself.

Don't pressure or pester someone to post. The Staff will be closely monitoring the posting speed of every typist and if a substantial length of time has passed wherein no one has heard or seen a post from a writer, the Staff will contact them via PM to ask if they are still interested in the game. Everyone is expected to post as often as possible, ideally once a week at minimum, though we do understand that Rl comes first, we ask that if you're going to be away for a period of time, you do your best to let us know that.

Remember: If you have any issues or concerns about anything, please contact a member of the Staff.

OOC Rules

No drama in the OOC! If you have a problem with a particular person or something that was said/done, address it with the individual first and try to sort things out privately (Translation: Take it to PM). If the issue is not settled that way, bring it to the attention of the Staff so that we may attempt to find a solution.

DO NOT argue in the OOC. This goes with the rule about no drama. Let's keep the OOC a light and friendly place, because we're all here to have fun and it isn't fun watching others fight. It's awkward, it's tense, and it's unnecessary. Handle it among yourselves or bring it to the Staff's attention. At the end of the day, we are all adults and we expect that all conflicts should be able to be resolved courteously, maturely and respectfully.

Communication is key to a toxic-free OOC. If there is something that makes you uncomfortable in the current conversation, please be sure to say something about it. A simple "this subject/topic of discussion makes me uncomfortable, can we talk about something else?" would do. On that note, don't purposely talk about topics that would make someone uncomfortable. Please be respectful to people's boundaries and triggers.

Posting Rules

First and foremost, please try to post as frequently as possible. We understand that everyone has lives and Real Life always comes first, but we ask that you try to get to post at least once a week, whenever possible. If you know that you're going to be away for an extended period, please drop a line to us in the OOC thread, even if it's just a link to your A/A, it'd be appreciated.

Any posts involving scenes that are past the 'Light' standard, please tag them. This will help other readers know what they are comfortable reading. In the Notes section of the Header, please write 'Warning' in red font, and describe the subject matter, so that readers know what the post contains. Consider tagging all posts that would be considered above a PG-13 rating.

This is a Literate Roleplay group game. Please try to post a MINIMUM of TWO paragraphs or 250 words. I will accept the occasional short post but please don't make it a habit. Please have a grasp on proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. No one is perfect, but a basic grasp is necessary for coherent writing.

Absences

All writers should strive to post a minimum of once a week. If you have not posted or contacted the Staff about your inability to do so, after two weeks, the Staff will contact you and place your character On Hold, until further notice. If you wish to discontinue the game, let us know and we will place your character into the Retired section of our Character Index.

If you're aware of an absence that you will be taking, please let us know, either in a PM to the Staff or a post in the OOC thread. Even if it's just a link to your A/A, the information would be much appreciated. During your absence, we will keep your character On Hold so that you can return to the game when you are ready.

Threads

All the links you'll need!

Must Read

Interest & Recruiting
Characters & Reserves

Out Of Character

O.O.C.

In Game

The University [Main Thread]

18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

GreenMoonKing

Tentative interest in this. I do love me some soul mates. ^_^
"The veil that separates us from the supernatural, is thinning more and more every day."

AliceInLace

I always found the lore on that connection interesting =D
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

GreenMoonKing

Put me down for a mystical humanoid ^_^
"The veil that separates us from the supernatural, is thinning more and more every day."

Tsuunade

Hunter

Angel Fire

Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Wicked Emi

AliceInLace

Wow I am super excited to see so much interest!

I am working out the overall plot but if anyone has any suggestions on to why supernatural soul mates are so keen, I'll gladly listen <3

EvieFrye

Hunter

So how does it get determined that you're supposed to be at this school and how do you know who your soul mate is?    Probably the first question that I'd want to know the answer to.   :)

GreenMoonKing

Howdy Evie, Long time no see eh? ;) Looks like you and I like the same shtuff. :)

I also would like more information about the plot. I believe Ms. Alice said that we can either choose our soul mate or select random.

Wicked Emi

I don't think I will pick mine xD
I'm going to make my sheet, see if anyone loves her and wants her, if not, random pick it is!

EvieFrye

I think so too. Or maybe its because I'm trying to expand. Lol. And yes, I would like to hear more.

Now, if we can choose, could it be based on the player? or should it be based on the character that they create? Also what kind of effects does the bond have? Like if one gets hurt, does the other feel it?

AliceInLace

So my thoughts are that there is an oracle who can find these particularly powerful soulmates who haven't found each other yet. Once at the school the soul mates will find either that they are drawn to each other or I even though maybe a matching marking?

In creating a character, you can either pre plot in our ooc and determine your soulmate ahead of time, or if you like a little more interest you can select to be randomized and I'll do a random generator to create the pairs.

As far as the bonds go, they start out subtle. You might sense their presence before they enter the room. As they get closer, things like Dream Scaping, Feeling each others emotion, even physical pain. Sex would feel almost otherworldly, like an extreme high. If they have powers or gifts they would be intensified as the bond grows stronger, but their soulmates would also be their weakness.

GreenMoonKing

Very, very interesting stuff Alice. You can count me in! I would like to be randomized. It'll make it a big surprise. :D.

Also is there a general plot which will progress the story? Or is it more open world?

Wicked Emi

I think random would be the most fun!
Random for me please ^.^

Character sheet?

AliceInLace

There is a general plot but there will be lots of room for free roaming. I'll be starting it out in one thread while it's small and then add on areas as we get more people.

I am working on the character sheet now :)

GreenMoonKing

Sounds really good to me. I can't wait. I hope we get like 30+ pwople to join.

Angel Fire

I am still trying to decide if I want my female character to be randomly chosen or to choose someone.  Decisions decisions *Giggles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

GreenMoonKing

Quote from: Angel Fire on April 30, 2017, 08:42:07 PM
I am still trying to decide if I want my female character to be randomly chosen or to choose someone.  Decisions decisions *Giggles*

This could get bad folks...>_>

She's giggling. O.O

EvieFrye

Is it bad that I want to be paired up with you Green? We both know we work well together. And our character could be so different from the others.

GreenMoonKing

I don't know Evie, we're already together on two other RP's. Perhaps if fate places us together again, then I'll know that we're somehow linked.

*looks for a chain* >_>         <_<       O.o

EvieFrye

Ok, no problem. Then I'll probably be randomized, as I'm not good with choosing.