You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 12:47:54 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: 7 year old brat gets away with killing spree of endangered reptiles  (Read 4548 times)

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: 7 year old brat gets away with killing spree of endangered reptiles
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
Which scene is that?

Offline mannik

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
Which scene is that?
The one where they guys are trying to get Quagmire to change his lustful ways and basically have him lie naked on the couch and lower the ceiling fan untill it is just inches away from his crotch, then show him a victoria secret cataloge....

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »
*chuckles* Haven't seen that episode. Then again, I was never a huge fan of the show.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »
Can we please round up all the spamscum peddling p3ni5 en1argment p1lls and v1/\gra, and lock them up with those who have already benefited from their products?  :D

Except for the fact that most of them are selling fraudulent product, and therefore nobody's benefited from it.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 01:53:16 PM »
The kid needs psychiatric help, simple as that. People develop these mental problems at all different ages, mine didn't manifest until I was in my late teens even though it had been building up since childhood. The parents should have been more responsible, yes, but if he snuck out while they were sleeping, well, hell, what do you want from them?

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »
Love ya too hun :D

Another example of this strange mental capacity of people is people worrying about police having tasers in the UK, WHAT!? you make it sound like the police will be zapping every person they come across in the street! you only have to worry about tasers if your breaking the law/resisting arrest, or if you have a heart condition... I have a simple awnser for both concerns, DON'T BREAK THE LAW OR RESIST ARREST ITS NOT HARD!"

... because ... people abuse things. I know of at least one case where a man was taser-ed to death in the US, and it was reported that the man was prone. On the ground. And cuffed. It was thought that the cops tased him because he was unresponsive and wouldn't get up.

It's quite naive to assume that people will always use weapons for their intended purpose.

Offline Silk

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 03:55:03 PM »
Yeah but then there is always going to be abusers, why not just punt them around the head with a trungen?

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »
That's generally what people try to do, but that invalidates your point of "If you're not resisting arrest you don't have anything to worry about" just a wee little bit.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
Plus you don't want to make them any more brain-damaged. Or angry.

Offline VandalSavage

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 06:23:44 PM »
One philosophical point:

I find it curious that we absolve most juvenile offenders of their crimes, or at least punish them to a lesser degree, due a certain recognition of their lack of education and self control, yet we rarely extend such consideration for the circumstances under which offenders over the age of 18 are raised in.

Most offenders I know were abused as children, or raised in an environment of waste, spite, poverty, ignorance and anger, or have drug and alcohol problems stemming from childhood years.  It seems to me that the only difference between them and a 13-year-old offender is that they now have a few more years of a bad upbringing, and more intelligence to devote to self-loathing and contempt for society.  Sure, they could apply that intelligence to changing their evil ways, but couldn't the same be said for a juvenile offender?

The age of majority just seems an arbitrary distinction.  If anything, people usually get worse with age.

Offline madpsyker

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »
Well, is it too late for me to comment on how utterly messed up that whole situation was?
Curiously, I am reminded of an entry on the South American Horned Frog (aka, the "Pacman" frog.)   Mostly because pet owners who have a pacman like to do something similar with albino mice...  Yes, there are a lot of messed up people in the world.

Offline Always

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 02:25:36 AM »
..I fucking hate little kids.

Offline Paradox

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »
..I fucking hate little kids.

It's not all little kids that are the problem; just particularly troubled ones like those mentioned in the article.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 07:35:09 AM »
Well, is it too late for me to comment on how utterly messed up that whole situation was?
Curiously, I am reminded of an entry on the South American Horned Frog (aka, the "Pacman" frog.)   Mostly because pet owners who have a pacman like to do something similar with albino mice...  Yes, there are a lot of messed up people in the world.

When albino mice make it onto the endangered species list, I'll consider this messed up.  Pacmans (pacmen?) and snakes eat rodents and insects - possibly fish, too.  I know that frogs have motion-sensitive vision, so feeding them dead food is difficult, if not impossible.  Snakes are less picky - I know some people who store 'pinkies' in the freezer and thaw them for meals.

Interestingly enough, I also know people who will buy so-called 'feeder' mice and rats as pets in their own right, since they are bred and socialized to be very docile.

Offline ShrowdedPoet

• Sexual Deviant
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Don't tell the pirate that I'm under his bed. . .
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:43 AM »
By the Gods!!!!  I would beat the mess out of my child and lock them up in a psychiatric facility if they pulled that shit!!!  Those poor reptiles!

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 11:41:04 AM »
You don't hurt turtles...

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
With all due respect...

Beating, whipping, and punishing this child is of no value here.  At the risk of sounding like an armchair psychiatrist, this child is obviously well on his way to a diagnosis of APD - Antisocial Personality Disorder.  Or more commonly known as sociopathic behavior. A psycopath, if you will.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy...take your pick of serial killers, because every single one of them exhibited the exact same behavioral diagnosis.  And no, I'm not against corporal punishment by any means.  My children have received spankings when warranted.  But nothing, repeat, nothing will help this child other than permanent placement in the long-term mental health facility of your choice.  Sociopaths cannot be rehabilitated or cured.  The only cure is complete segregation from society, for his own safety and the safety of others around him.

Offline Pixilicious

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »
This is the first mean thing most you will here me say since joining this site, but..Feed him to the crocodile and see how he likes it.  That's disgusting.  Throw his bottom in juvenile detention.  That should keep him away from society, if he is indeed a sociopath.

Offline overfiend87

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
I personally want to rip out his own intestines and strangle him with them that little prick! It's disgusting for such a thing to have happened and for him to get away with it. I think the head of the zoo should do what he suggested and take the family to court. They will have their son even more if he's costing them a years wages or so.

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »
  Throw his bottom in juvenile detention.  That should keep him away from society, if he is indeed a sociopath.

Unfortunately, only until his 18th birthday.

Then he walks out with a criminal record pure as the driven snow, as juvenile records are sealed.  (Disclaimer: I'm speaking of the US, have no idea what the policies are Down Under)

Offline Greenthorn

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
Can I just make a simple reminder that 1) This is a public thread and 2) This is about a child.

Think we could be a bit more mature and debate this in a less abrasive manner?  Using curse words to describe your anger really is not conducive to the topic.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »
With all due respect...

Beating, whipping, and punishing this child is of no value here.  At the risk of sounding like an armchair psychiatrist, this child is obviously well on his way to a diagnosis of APD - Antisocial Personality Disorder.  Or more commonly known as sociopathic behavior. A psycopath, if you will.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy...take your pick of serial killers, because every single one of them exhibited the exact same behavioral diagnosis.  And no, I'm not against corporal punishment by any means.  My children have received spankings when warranted.  But nothing, repeat, nothing will help this child other than permanent placement in the long-term mental health facility of your choice.  Sociopaths cannot be rehabilitated or cured.  The only cure is complete segregation from society, for his own safety and the safety of others around him.

There are just mean little kids in the world. Plus there are plenty of people with APD who don't turn out to be serial killers. I still think what makes a serial killer a serial killer has more to do with right and wrong than chemical imbalances.

Offline overfiend87

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »
There are just mean little kids in the world. Plus there are plenty of people with APD who don't turn out to be serial killers. I still think what makes a serial killer a serial killer has more to do with right and wrong than chemical imbalances.
yeah. Quite a few just one day snap from stress or something like that.

Offline Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »
yeah. Quite a few just one day snap from stress or something like that.
And just because the person snaps doesn't mean they're going to go on a rampage. I'm sure more cases are self-destructive in nature.

Offline overfiend87

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »
And just because the person snaps doesn't mean they're going to go on a rampage. I'm sure more cases are self-destructive in nature.
perhaps, but the human mind is impossible to understand. We can understand it's biological functions to a degree, but there's many theories about how our dreams work and how the ideas of creative minds work.