You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 28, 2020, 03:14:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Re-Discovering the World (Exploration/Adventure-Inspired D&D 5E)  (Read 5070 times)

Online Chulanowa

Re: Re-Discovering the World (Exploration/Adventure-Inspired D&D 5E)
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2017, 04:09:04 AM »
Name: Gaz the Lionslayer
Race: Goblin
Ability Scores (before adjustments): 14 | 14 | 15 | 8 | 10 | 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): 14 | 16 | 16 | 8 | 10 | 10
Class and chosen class skills: Barbarian; Perception and Intimidate
Archetype (if applicable already): N/A
Background (include skill and tool proficiencies:) Urchin; Sleight of Hand, Stealth; Disguise Kit, Thieves Tools
Languages: Common, Goblin
Weapons and Armor: Warhammer; Shortbow w/ 20 arrows; javelins (4)
Starting Other Gear: Explorer's pack; Small knife; map of the city; A pet mouse; a token; set of common clothes; belt pouch w/10 GP

Once, Gaz was a slave. Born into the thrall herds of the underdark, she toiled with her kin, picking through ore and rubble in a Deurgar mine-town. Chatter was punished by the whip. Glares were punished by the whip. Being punished by hte whip meant being punished more, usually by withholding food. It was a grim life. If anything made it slightly bearable, it's that the evil dwarves always seemed somehow more unhappy than hteir slaves.
   Goblins are not the world's bravest creatures, but even they have limits. A plot against the masters took root in the slave warrens. Several weeks in the making, it would have succeeded, had one lickspittle not warned his captors. As it was, several of the goblins escaped, fleeing into the wilds of the underdark. Among them was Gaz.
   Who knows how long she was alone. She certainly had no way of telling time. For that period her life was mostly going hungry, following her nose towards anything that smelled good to fix that ache in her belly. This is what led her to the surface - and capture. A lone goblin stuffing its face with pemmican is hardly a worry for five trained adventurers, so they saw no point in killing her.
   Instead, Gaz found something new; kindness. She tagged along with these tall, jabbery creatures, making herself useful in various ways. eventually she learned their jabber, and offered more direct service; shew knew paths and lore of the underdark, and was more than happy to guide others against the scumbags living down there.

Personality:
   Gaz is pleasant enough company, if you find goblin barbarians pleasant company; She eats like everyone around her is going to steal her food, she rarely bothers to watch her tongue, and is very fond of singing - the bawdier the better. She has no real ties and so has readily adopted the way of the adventurer. Though she's not bad at sneaking, she finds more... direct approaches far more satisfying and gratifying. Despite the obvious differences between them, she has quite a soft spot for other goblins and will always try to see a peaceful resolution between them and the tallpeople. She has no tolerance for slavery or forced servitude. Gaz began calling herself "The Lionslayer" after a drunken back-alley battle with a particularly large tomcat. Somehow hte title has stuck and others refer to her as the lionslayer as well. She likes it.

Offline NightLuxTopic starter

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »
Looks good Chulanowa, I sent you the stat block and you should be good to go.  I'll be getting your group's thread up soon.

To anyone else who is interested, we have one slot left open.  I'd love to get it filled!

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2017, 01:23:23 PM »
I have been thinking of joining this... probably as a rogue of some sort. I'm not ready to write up a character quite yet, but hopefully I can catch up on my other responsibilities and get to work on that soon, if there's still room. I still need to read through this thread properly, too.

Offline Wheeler97

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2017, 03:05:38 PM »
I have been thinking of joining this... probably as a rogue of some sort. I'm not ready to write up a character quite yet, but hopefully I can catch up on my other responsibilities and get to work on that soon, if there's still room. I still need to read through this thread properly, too.

There is indeed one more spot in the third group. Feel free to ask questions when you come up with any. The important parts to read are the big links at the top of the last two posts by NightLux. One's the OOC thread (has the groups and general info for the starting quests) and the Character Thread for the extra bio and the post header for the game... Whatever you submit here for a character "sheet" is what NightLux will use for your Stat Block that will go in your character thread entry...

Offline NightLuxTopic starter

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
Exactly.  Luckily building a 5E character isn't too terribly tough and we've been able to breeze through it.  Its the narrative stuff that might take longer because, well, it takes longer for me because I love that sort of brainstorming.

Feel free to PM me any questions and I can help you through anything you need.

Offline Wheeler97

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2017, 05:35:52 PM »
Oh, Chulanowa, Gaz is adorable... Maybe I should keep that to myself. Then again, maybe it's more fun if I don't, haha.