Endless Legend (Fantasy)

Started by slytherindoctor, April 19, 2017, 04:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slytherindoctor

I would like to do something in the Endless Legend world. If you don't know anything about this, this is a 4x strategy game, like Civilization. But it's a fantasy setting. Although I don't really think it's a fantasy setting. It's like a post-apocalyptic sci fi setting that looks like fantasy. It's a very intriguing and engaging world. The factions are all fascinating and unique in their own right and I can't help but think that it would make for a fantastic world building type story.

I'll say a little bit about the world here. The game takes place in the same universe as another game by the same studio called Endless Space. Millions of years ago, a species call the Endless was the first to start space travel on a massive scale. They had a massive intergalactic empire and colonized many planets. They created an element called "dust" that was useful for all sorts of things and ultimately had the power to create intelligence itself. The Endless eventually devolved into factional warfare in what was called the Dust Wars and now no longer exist.

One planet that they colonized is the planet of Auriga. It was at one time a colony world and eventually a battlefield in the Dust Wars. Years after the Endless disappeared, there was a prison ship that crash landed on the planet of Auriga. Over millions of years of evolution and influence by dust, the descendants of those prisoners have created distinct factions and distinct "races" that may in fact be mutations.

The planet is in fact dying. The winter seasons start to get longer and longer and the summer seasons get shorter and shorter. The remnants of the war and scientific experiments of the Endless are killing the planet ever so slowly. Most of the people on Auriga do not have the ability to harness the dust as the Endless did. Many of them use it as a universal currency as it is very valuable to those who do know how to use it.

If this is a setting that sounds even vaguely interesting to you, definitely look more into it. The artwork is something that will pull you in as well.