You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 19, 2020, 07:58:38 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (OLD)  (Read 12221 times)

Offline Diesel Heart

• A Man With A Story To Tell
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: "To you, I devote my undying affection and share my deepest insecurities."
  • Expatriate ¦ Gamemaster
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (All Welcome!)
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »
I'd love to get a friendly rivalry going with the former Rocket/Skull members respectively if you two are cool with that?

Vernon was never officially part of Team Rocket and has no positive image of them beyond his mother's dedication to research.  So, I can give you a rivalry but it's not much of one because Vernon's not intended to be a decent Trainer.  He's more Researcher trying out different things on the way.

Online Metraxa

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2017, 04:19:51 PM »
Clearly Haven needs to pull Aiden into helping out with her fashion stuff when he isn't busy running around the wilderness with a camera. What's a fashionista without a good photographer?

Offline pdragon

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2017, 04:28:18 PM »
I'd love to get a friendly rivalry going with the former Rocket/Skull members respectively if you two are cool with that?

Dude you don't want none of this! There aint no "friendly" when the squad goes to war. Yo what up Team Skull!!!

Offline Diesel Heart

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: "To you, I devote my undying affection and share my deepest insecurities."
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2017, 04:29:58 PM »
Dude you don't want none of this! There aint no "friendly" when the squad goes to war. Yo what up Team Skull!!!

More like Team Numbskull.

Offline Snake

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
- Team Skull-

Buncha boneheads. :3

Offline pdragon

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2017, 04:34:59 PM »
"Ugh!"
-Snake & Diesel used Roast...it was super effective-

Offline Snake

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »
*SF5 Announcer* KO! xD

Offline Diesel Heart

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
As I've said before and as I'll say again and again..

I wear my Team Rocket snapback with pride.  #TeamR4Life

Offline Batman4560

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2017, 05:21:03 PM »
That hat is awesome. Also I really loved Team Skull, so yeah lets do that! Of course we are gonna have to team up too from time to time. Ya know, like all the best rivals.

Online Bekah Boo

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2017, 05:26:40 PM »
I think Zoey would enjoy being an overzealous announcer for any showdowns they have, probably selling popcorn and bets on the side ;3

Offline Batman4560

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2017, 05:29:49 PM »
That would be the best, just give her a mic and let her call all the action for no reason!

Online Bekah Boo

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
Of course! She'd sell tickets in advance and get a real kick out of it all ;3

Offline Batman4560

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »
Okay, she can sell tickets but Arron is gonna need a cut, since he is gonna be the best at the school.

Online Bekah Boo

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2017, 05:38:51 PM »
*Twists hat backwards and leans over thoughtfully* Hmm...I dunno...I'm thinking maybe 5%...best I can offer ya know I got a business to run.*

Offline Batman4560

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »
*Slides up next to her and wraps an arm around her shoulders* Come on, tell ya what... You give me ten percent and I'll tell you about every battle I'm about to have in advance so you can really hype things up and get more money over all from them. If I lose the battle I'll only take five percent.

Offline ZephySempaiTopic starter

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
Edited my sheet to include the time her pokemon went missing. I moved the little bit I had there into the notes section because I couldn't bring myself to delete it. Hopefully I've earned my badge of approval now. Just 7 more and I can take on the elite four.

Thanks for the edits and congratulations!!! Just 7 more badges and you'll qualify for this amazing Toaster!!! It engraved Pokeballs into your toast!

You had me at Pokemon. However, I've currently only got an hour or two left on rather unstable wifi until I get home tomorrow. If that delay isn't an issue, though, I'll be throwing in a farm girl.

Also, couple questions; They're not on the map, but i'm assuming pretty much all canon regions/pokemon are out there, like the Kalos and Alola regions (and the Alolan regional variants?)
And, what rating will this game be under? Human-only or, to be kinda blunt, is lewding the pokemon allowed? :P

EDIT: Actually, scratch the farm girl. Had a sudden and better idea. I shall be a budding young pokemon researcher! With just a touch of mad scientist, because that is the best science.

Good to see you!!!

But yeah, all the Pokemon exist in this game, just the majority are from the 1st 3 generations. There should be a map under The Setting tab with all the regions. And definitely, the RP doesn't have to be all about battles. I'd love to see researchers, breeders, and fashioniestas lol.

As far as copulation with Pokemon, maybe that SHOULD be a point of research. I'll probably make a creepy crazy teacher who is obsessed with that and make it apart of the curriculum. Of course in the outside world it's taboo, so there's gonna be stigma about it, but this is Pokken Academy! So long as it's for science!!!

Name: Kenji
Sexual Preference: Straight
Appearance:   Kenji stands approximently 5'10" and weighs around 158lbs with an athletic build and moderate musculature.  Kenji regularly exercises and engages in physical actitives and it shows; but he never appears to be bulky no matter how much muscle he has. He has waist length scarlet red hair that is usually spiked and swept back into a rough, low ponytail. His eyes are a bright cobalt blue with a slender ring of pale blue in the middle of the iris.

When he utilizes his odd gifts and powers, this thin ring expands to fill the entirety of the iris and his pupils become slitted and begin to slow faintly, his hair breaks free of it's tie and gains a wild-mane-like appearance

Personality:   Kenji is exceptionally intelligent, he's not a genius but is fairly close; while he's not overly book-smart he's very "street smart" and has exceptional intuition.  He's no socialite and prefers to avoid large-crowds or high-class people; though he is attracted to the women.  He generally has what one may consider a "normal" personality, but he's prone to being hot-headed and eager for a fight when the adrenaline gets pounding.

Home Town: Saffron City
Starter Pokemon: Ponyta
Background: Kenji was born in Saffron City, but his parents had been pokemon researchers; doing all sorts of experimentation with pokemon and were particularly keen on genetics.  So, before Kenji was born, his father took a sample of his personal Rapidash's DNA and infused several "doses" of it into his unborn son via the umblical cord.  It was the final test of their research into disease resistance and environmental protection.
Kenji was born healthy but as he grew up he began to display physical traits of a ponyta. Such as seemingly untameable hair and a habit of running about.  However, his parents loved him ilke parents should and were wonderful to him.

When he was about 10 years old, an unexpected mutation began to show itself. The pokemon DNA unlocked the hidden potential in the human mind. Kenji began to have terrible headaches, he was hearing the thoughts and feeling the emotions of everyone around him.  This psychic stress caused the first outbreak of the fire-type nature the Rapidash's DNA had infused himto him and in a city square; he became that epicenter of a growing fire tornado.
To him, the flames were comforting; they were drowning out the hundreds of voices around him.  It took a Blastoise to finally hose down the tornado and snuff the flames; as Kenji's young mind kept trying to re-ignite the embers.  However, the outburst of psychic power had drawn the attention of the local Gym Leader Sabrina; whom went to see where it was coming from.

She helped calm the psychic chaos he was experiencing and gently explained to him what was going on.  Her being the only psychic experienced enough to help instruct the newly blossomed psion.  When his parents got involved, they put him into Sabrina's direct care until he matured enough to contain those explosive powers. Kenji didn't live with her of course, but he was at the gym everyday for hours at a time; and through that came to understand the lifestyle of a pokemon trainer.

Eventually Kenji matured enough to contain his psychic and fire-type abilities to the point he was able to use them at his own will and not experience anymore destructive outbursts.  The psychic feedback that'd triggered  the pyrokinesis had stopped as well through the rigorous mental training Sabrina put him through to refine that control.

He would eventually apply to and be accepted into the Pokken Academy to get a more broad education.

Best Experience With Pokemon: When he was 12 years old, his parents had taken him to a pokeranch outside of the city for a weekend. As a get away from the stresses of the city and possible collateral damage.  It was there that he got to ride a Rapidash for the first time and the feeling of the warm air rushing past him along with jolting ride was the best experience of his life.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Being hosed down by an annoyed Blastoise.

Other: As mentioned before: Kenji is powerfully Psychic. He can read minds, move objects with his mind; and has the ability to create and manipulate fire via pyrokinesis.  This fire-nature also gives him a near immunity to that element, but he doesn't particularly like water that much.

A side effect of having the poke-mutated DNA is that, in combination with his telepathic ability; he can actually directly understand what pokemon say. He doesn't hear them when they just say "what they are". he hears what they're saying as his mind automatically translates it.

Now this is definitely an interesting character, and I like the concept of him being infused with with Pokemon DNA and having psychic abilities to talk to Pokemon. The only thing id ask is to have his abilities toned down a bit. Right now as I read, it really doesn't sound at all like he even needs a Pokemon, but could hold his own in a fight all by himself.

I'll allow the understanding of Pokemon effortlessly, but I will need you to place some heavy limitations on his other abilities. Bending spoons and other light telekenis is fine, but the mind reading has to come at a cost (headaches, nose bleeds, fainting) things like that so your character doesn't come off as overpowered. Same thing with the Pyromancer. If you wanna boil water or light a candle, no problem. But anything other than those small things have to come at a BIG cost. You can leave the natural resistance to heat, but even trying to generate a small flame in your hand should be like lifting a bookshelf.

Again, even with some Pokemon DNA he's still only human.

If you need any other clarification or wanna throw some ideas at me, shoot me a PM. We NEED him to get accepted so he can get experimented on, Lol!

--------

Just got off work and am onw home. Got a few things to do and then I'll start working on the information thread as well as updating the 1st page of this with the info we covered in older posts. I see y'all plotting.

I'll be going through everyone's apps again and start *randomly* assigning the dorms. That'll be interesting... muahahaha!

Tryna decide if... Nash! Had the thought of allowing boys and girls to share a single room, but that'd be too easy! Imma make y'all work xD

Online Bekah Boo

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »
*Lightly taps her chin with a pout, the stick of her sucker hanging at the corner of her mouth boredly* Mhm..well you do drive a hard bargain...but I guess I can't refuse, ya got a nice face so you got a deal*Grins cheekily with a wink.

Offline Batman4560

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »
Oh my! A woman with a mind for how to make a deal, you have stolen my heart. You aren't so bad on the eyes either. ;) *shakes her hand*

So I have an idea for Pokemon I would like to have, and they would become my usual team. I'm just gonna post it here in the interest of a fun and open role play.

Arcanine (Duh)
Nidoking
Tyranatar
Female Mr. Mime
Amphros or Jolteon
Radicate or Ferrow

Offline ZephySempaiTopic starter

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2017, 06:55:19 PM »
So something told me to just read over the opening post ('Cuz I'm a vain fuck who likes to relive my awesomeness) and I have SOOOOO many spelling/grammar errors xD

Imma spend some time cleaning that up before moving forward, but I'm putting together the Information thread and the dorm assignments. Good stuff coming soon guys!!!

Offline Relikai

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »
I'll have a Kantoan up within 24 hours  :-)

Offline EndofDivine

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »
Clearly Haven needs to pull Aiden into helping out with her fashion stuff when he isn't busy running around the wilderness with a camera. What's a fashionista without a good photographer?

That's a pretty good point you've got there. I'm sure Faun can arrange something. He loves cameras. Unless you had something else in mind.

Thanks for the edits and congratulations!!! Just 7 more badges and you'll qualify for this amazing Toaster!!! It engraved Pokeballs into your toast!

No wonder this stupid island doesn't have any gyms. These prizes are garbage. Incidentally, 'hot shot trainer that wants to start her own gym' was my backup plan in case the whole fashion student thing didn't go through.

As far as copulation with Pokemon, maybe that SHOULD be a point of research. I'll probably make a creepy crazy teacher who is obsessed with that and make it apart of the curriculum. Of course in the outside world it's taboo, so there's gonna be stigma about it, but this is Pokken Academy! So long as it's for science!!!

That's uhh...gonna be an optional class, right? Preferably in a nice secluded spot that I never, ever have to go near.

Online Metraxa

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »
That's a pretty good point you've got there. I'm sure Faun can arrange something. He loves cameras. Unless you had something else in mind.

Nah, that's generally what I had in mind. Potential initial meeting via photographic bushwhacking of cuteness aside

Offline lejosh

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2017, 08:24:47 PM »
Finally done. Here is Alex, my wannabe breeder/researcher looking to start his journey.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Alexander Regoranto

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Alex is a shy sort of kid. It is not that he doesn't like people, but he is not good with being surrounded by too many people. He enjoys working with Pokemon and while being taught in his home town he always enjoyed Pokemon as a whole, but the idea of researching Pokemon and caring for them is something that he loves more than he can describe. Alex is not the most confrontational person and much prefers to talk out issues that he has, but when pushed he is not afraid to push back and, like a cornered animal, will attack if threatened. He has a good heart and is always willing to offer aid and help to those in need.

Home Town: Pacifidlog Town

Starter Pokemon: Shinx
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: Alex grew up and lived basically all of his life prior to coming to Pokken Academy in Pacifidlog Town. It is a place that very few people came from outside of the town to visit unless they have family or business there. As such, he lived quite a sheltered life and is not that great with new people. He went on a few holidays around the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions before, which is how he got his Pokemon Shinx. Alex applied to Pokken Academy in order to learn more about Pokemon and increase his knowledge of Pokemon from all around the world.

Best Experience With Pokemon: When Alex was 13 he and his family went on holidays to Jubilife City. One day when Alex was heading with a tour to Oreburgh city with a small group of people, they were attacked by a flock of Zubat. Just after the attack had started, a wild Shinx appeared and began to defend the people while they did their best to escape from the battle. Alex on the other hand, decided to stay behind and try to help the Shinx while the others escaped. The battle ended with the Zubat's being scared away by the electric type, but not before they were able to critically injure the little Shinx. Alex grabbed and carried the Shinx all the way to the Pokemon centre in order to heal it for all its help that it had given him and the group. The Pokemon centre knew that it was a wild Pokemon that had been seen within both Oreburgh and Jubilife Cities playing with children for a few years. It however, never realy stayed with just one person. However, seeing as it seemed to act favourably to Alex, they offered the Shinx to him and with a little effort convincing his parents, Alex had his first ever Pokemon.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Pacifidlog town floats in the ocean due to the coral reefs that great herds of Corsola have made over many generation. Because of this, once a year there is a great Corsola migration which brings a lot of tourists to Pacifidlog Town. During the migration when Alex was only 12 he saw a young girl swimming who got caught in the coral of one Corsola and get dragged off away from the town. Alex jumped in to save the girl, catching up to her easily enough, but after freeing her, he himself got stuck with the girl who couldn't swim without her floaty that had popped. They were stuck in the coral that come off of the Corsola and stuck to a rock almost 2km away from town for 2 days before they were found by the towns people who were looking for them. Since them, Alex has had a dislike of Corsola and a very mild fear of them.

Other: Alex's dream is to one day own his own research lab to study, care for and breed Pokemon, learning about how they grow. He is especially interested in how Pokemon trainers influence the Pokemon and how those Pokemon will grow differently from wild or pet Pokemon who do not get the same sort of training that a trainers Pokemon do.

Offline Diesel Heart

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2017, 08:49:40 PM »
We've got more researcher aspiring characters than people wanting to be traditional Trainers lol.  Kinda of awesome, really.

Offline lejosh

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2017, 09:24:28 PM »
We've got more researcher aspiring characters than people wanting to be traditional Trainers lol.  Kinda of awesome, really.

I believe that is because it is something that is not explored in the games. Unlike being a Pokemon trainer, which is in every game and is mostly the same.