Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (OLD)

Started by ZephySempai, April 11, 2017, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AidenWhite

I think it does learn Flail at some level... 30 if my inner nerd is remembering correctly, so fish slap is effective!
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Metraxa

Quote from: AidenWhite on April 18, 2017, 12:11:49 AM
I think it does learn Flail at some level... 30 if my inner nerd is remembering correctly, so fish slap is effective!
Magikarp learns Tackle at level 15. At least, in the original game.

ZephySempai

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 17, 2017, 09:22:39 AM
Roughdraft, gotta head out in town, will finish later.

Name: Yukimura, Ryuuji

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Cold, calculating, devious; probably the simpler ways of labeling Ryuuji. He may seem far from intimidating given his rather weak starter, but he isn’t a young man to not be taken seriously. He is far in conspiring, reading up on many common strategies in pokemon use. Not everyone is dealt a good hand, but he tends to make due with the cards he is given and his ambition alone will be that of a dream team starring Magikarp. He doesn’t care how many may laugh now as he knows he will be the one laughing down the road when his roster is complete.  As a result he has also a haughty air about himself, many times looking down upon other pokemon users. Whether this be from his pride, jealousy, or warped personality is anyone's guess.  Also, he isn't beneath in using every trick in the book if it may mean securing a victory; almost similar to some of the former notorious 'Team' gangs. Though Ryuuji is far from unorthodox in terms of poaching or preying on pokemon, world domination, and other silly dreams those villainous teams shared or attempted.

Home Town: Snowpoint City

Starter Pokemon:
Magikarp

Background: Ryuuji grew up within Snowpoint City,  like many children he intended the training school there after receiving his first pokemon. Of course, unlike many children, his pokemon was far from special, a simple fish that only knew how to flail around and still does just that most of the time. It wasn't an easy life and Ryuuji spent more time reading up on the basics involving pokemon more than he did in actual fighting. What battles he did do were typically one-sided; but he made no complaints. He paid no heed to others bolstering, nor was he one to try to trade off his pokemon for a potential better one. It was from those losses and ridicule that would motivate him down the line to do better and having learned all the basics from what the training school had to offer, he decided to adventure elsewhere with more information on the pokemon world.

That would lead to him moving to Pycerus island to attend the Pokkan Academy. Of course, academically Ryuuji was ahead of his game and even with his acceptance he again spent most of his time studying and learning of various pokemon abilities, flaws, strengths, whatever the Academy had to offer. Knowledge was the first step of winning any battles and he knew well no team was truly perfect. Still, from the losses he shared, he was far from giving up on Magikarp,  this was another reason to his studies, to find a means to strengthen what he had. One could call it, a bit of a slap in the face irony, his desire for revenge for former humiliations kept him going. What the Academy had for him was more to his liking, enough for him to already conclude a future roster involving the pokemon necessary for his payback.

The only issue at hand was acquiring that dream team to feature Magikarp, he already had the starting star, obtaining others along with items would be the trickier of routes down the road.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Magikarp finally learning tackle. 

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Losing many times, Ryuuji still needs to build his team around his Magikarp.

Other: Magikarp, enough said.

Truly one of a kind. The type of brains and knowledge needed for every great team, but an impossible personality and an even more impossible Pokemon. All this together fueling an impossible goal: A truly inspiring combination to an... unbecoming route:

Revenge!

He could have his own damn sub-story just based off that alone. Very well done. Here is your badge of acceptance! Please take your Magikarp and begin searching for the Information thread. Once your sheet is reproduced there, you will be allowed to begin posting in the game.

You've set your sights upon the stars with only a wrench and no rocket. Let's see if you last long enough to reach them.

AidenWhite

Quote from: Metraxa on April 18, 2017, 06:51:10 AM
Magikarp learns Tackle at level 15. At least, in the original game.

Just checked, Magikarp does in fact learn Flail at 30. My memory of things that ultimately don't matter continues to function. Woo!
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

JoanieSappho

I'm reminded of the episode of the anime where there was a Magikarp that beat the everloving crap out of Pikachu (also Piplup). I would link a video of it, but all I can find are old, terrible AMVs

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

ZephySempai

I'm glad to hear.  We are still accepting and haven't really moves too far past introductions as of right now so you're more than welcome to join in on the chaos. If you've got any questions feel free to ask here or PM me :)

Kiric Rand

You did say any stage 1 pokemon were open to be partners. Does that include the Alolan alternate typings?
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Vael the Destroyer

I am showing some tentative interest here. Quite enjoy the thought of this game. Thinking of a booky-type trainer, though it's totally difficult to narrow my long list of choices for a starter pokemon down to just one. D:

ZephySempai

Quote from: Kiric Rand on April 20, 2017, 01:53:51 PM
You did say any stage 1 pokemon were open to be partners. Does that include the Alolan alternate typings?

Give me an example of what you're planning. I'm a little less familiar with the new region aside from there are color/type variants of certain 'Mons. Ive got no issue with that, just let me know what Pokemon you're thinking of and I'll give you my answer.

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on April 20, 2017, 02:17:44 PM
I am showing some tentative interest here. Quite enjoy the thought of this game. Thinking of a booky-type trainer, though it's totally difficult to narrow my long list of choices for a starter pokemon down to just one. D:

That's like, my biggest issue right now; planning out what low level mons are populating the region. I'll probably just have you guys tell me what you wanna see n I'll make it happen. Glad to see the interest. We've got a pretty active crowd and are welcoming to new faces. A lot of friends/rivalries to be made.

Kiric Rand

I was just verifing. The only one that intersted me from that region was vulpix, which is an ice fairy type once it evolves. Other than that I am fighting between 2 others at the moment.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Vael the Destroyer

I know for certain that I want my character to start off with a grass-type pokemon. Currently torn between Budew, Oddish, Chikorita, or Bulbasaur. Terribly hard decision.

When it comes to pokemon who need to be traded in game in order to evolve, will it still be that way in this poke' world? I'm dying for a Politoed.

ZephySempai

Quote from: Kiric Rand on April 20, 2017, 03:29:53 PM
I was just verifing. The only one that intersted me from that region was vulpix, which is an ice fairy type once it evolves. Other than that I am fighting between 2 others at the moment.

That's fine. I figured that was the angle you were going for but just wanted to make sure. I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll also take some time to familiarize myself more with some of the newer additions.

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on April 20, 2017, 03:32:41 PM
I know for certain that I want my character to start off with a grass-type pokemon. Currently torn between Budew, Oddish, Chikorita, or Bulbasaur. Terribly hard decision.

When it comes to pokemon who need to be traded in game in order to evolve, will it still be that way in this poke' world? I'm dying for a Politoed.

I don't think anyone has a grass type as of yet so that'd definitely be unique at this point. It's always hard picking one out of like 900+ pokemon.

As for evolutions, you don't have to trade to evolve. Leveling up won't be a feature here. Your Pokemon grow and progress as they develop. Want to be faster, run track. Stronger: do you even lift? Same with evolutions. They could happen in the middle of a heated battle or just spontaneously depending on plotting.

Vael the Destroyer

This is going to be wonderful! -flappy hands- I'm gonna have to go with Oddish. It has been my dream since Pokémon Go to have a badass Vileplume.

Kiric Rand

I am trying to decide between an Alolan Vulpix, a Honedge, or a Deino
[Floatright]
[/float]

Vael the Destroyer

Name: Kohaku Himura

Sexual Preference: Homosexual

Personality: Kohaku is usually quiet, one who keeps to himself, his books, and his Oddish. The boy has a tendency to be… misconstrued as one who could “give a rats ass” about anything other than studying, eating, drinking, and sleeping. While this is not entirely true, it sure as heck seems that way given Kohaku’s loner demeanor and penchant for having his nose stuck in a book with his finger pushing his glasses up further on the bridge of his nose every five minutes.

Though there is one thing that will always get Kohaku talking: battling. Well, and theories regarding pokemon studies.

HomeTown: Cherrygrove City

Starter Pokemon: Oddish♀

Background: Born in the small town of Cherrygrove City, Kohaku Himura grew up on the smell of flowers and the brisk breeze of the sea. His father was an assistant professor to Professor Elm, his mother the owner of a proud and beautiful flower shop. They lived a comfortable life, one that never left Kohaku wanting for anything, though that mostly consisted of more research books and spending time with his father at Professor Elm’s Lab.

Kohaku grew up, went to school, and was raised around pokemon just like any other kid in the Johto region, playing with them after school everyday. Even using his mother’s Lapras to get different scenery while studying out on sea, which their house was built not even a hundred yards from.

At the age of 18 - after coming out successfully to his parents - Kohaku decided that he wished to go to the Pokken Academy on Pycerus Island. Much to his surprise they approved of this decision and sent him off with well wishes, and a gift of his very own: a female Oddish, a strong one which would grow up to an even stronger Gloom, and a powerful Vileplume after that.

Beyond excited, Kohaku packed his bags and left by the morning, his parents getting to see their son grow excited over something they’d never seen before. And with his new pal Oddish by his side, Kohaku set afoot the ferry that would take him to his new destiny: The Pokken Academy.

Best Experience With Pokemon: The repeated times when he’d take his mother’s Lapras out to study on the sea.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: When a Remoraid jumped over his mother’s Lapras and scared him off it’s back.

Other: Dark Brown Hair and Amber Eyes

ZephySempai

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on April 20, 2017, 06:26:47 PM
Name: Kohaku Himura

Sexual Preference: Homosexual

Personality: Kohaku is usually quiet, one who keeps to himself, his books, and his Oddish. The boy has a tendency to be… misconstrued as one who could “give a rats ass” about anything other than studying, eating, drinking, and sleeping. While this is not entirely true, it sure as heck seems that way given Kohaku’s loner demeanor and penchant for having his nose stuck in a book with his finger pushing his glasses up further on the bridge of his nose every five minutes.

Though there is one thing that will always get Kohaku talking: battling. Well, and theories regarding pokemon studies.

HomeTown: Cherrygrove City

Starter Pokemon: Oddish♀

Background: Born in the small town of Cherrygrove City, Kohaku Himura grew up on the smell of flowers and the brisk breeze of the sea. His father was an assistant professor to Professor Elm, his mother the owner of a proud and beautiful flower shop. They lived a comfortable life, one that never left Kohaku wanting for anything, though that mostly consisted of more research books and spending time with his father at Professor Elm’s Lab.

Kohaku grew up, went to school, and was raised around pokemon just like any other kid in the Johto region, playing with them after school everyday. Even using his mother’s Lapras to get different scenery while studying out on sea, which their house was built not even a hundred yards from.

At the age of 18 - after coming out successfully to his parents - Kohaku decided that he wished to go to the Pokken Academy on Pycerus Island. Much to his surprise they approved of this decision and sent him off with well wishes, and a gift of his very own: a female Oddish, a strong one which would grow up to an even stronger Gloom, and a powerful Vileplume after that.

Beyond excited, Kohaku packed his bags and left by the morning, his parents getting to see their son grow excited over something they’d never seen before. And with his new pal Oddish by his side, Kohaku set afoot the ferry that would take him to his new destiny: The Pokken Academy.

Best Experience With Pokemon: The repeated times when he’d take his mother’s Lapras out to study on the sea.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: When a Remoraid jumped over his mother’s Lapras and scared him off it’s back.

Other: Dark Brown Hair and Amber Eyes

Yo, first I need to apologize. I usually comment within 24hrs and I feel like I left you hanging. So without further wait...

FAIL!

Naah Just messing with you. I'm in love with Kohaku. He seems like a really chill and laidback kinda dude who doesn't really care about much other than his passions. I really like the feel of this one, like I could personally vibe w/ him if he were a real person.

You've earned my badge of approval! Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to find the location of the Information Station and repost your accepted sheet there. Once you complete this mission, you will be able to begin posting in character!

Can't wait to see you in action!

Vael the Destroyer

No need to apologize, I'm pretty darn patient.

I'm excited to play him and get him to open that clamshell he's put himself in.

Vael the Destroyer

What determines which dorm our characters are put into?

ZephySempai

Fate. *dramatic music*

But in all honesty it's mostly random. I'll either go by type, personality, or just close my eyes and smack my planning board and wherever my hand lands is what you are sentenced too. Highly technical stuff *adjusts glasses*

Vael the Destroyer

Haha! I'm totally okay regardless. I do enjoy your thought process.

Vael the Destroyer

Will hopefully get a post up for Kohaku and throw him in the mix sometime this weekend.

LivingGarment

Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

ZephySempai

You've already been accepted and can start whenever you like. For the most part everyone is in the schools auditorium and I'm currently working on a GM post to officially start the game.

Kiric Rand

Name: Morgan Robberts

Sexual Preference: Hetrosexual

Personality: Calculating, a bit cold at first but actually fairly warm hearted to those who can stand getting close to him, a bit sarcastic. These are all appropriate words to describe Morgan to the rest of the world. He likes to plan things out to a tee, so much so that he tends to be a bit off putting to others when they first meet him.

Home Town: Vermillion City

Starter Pokemon: Honedge
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: When one grows up in the city of ghost, it’s hard to not let it affect your childhood. Morgan grew up around ghost all his life, and seeing as most of them in his city liked to pull pranks and tricks on the residence, he learned real quick to plan things out and watch everything with a careful eye. His parents served as priest of the temple in town, but Morgan wanted something more in life. He wanted to study these creatures, to understand them more and learn how their existence ties to humans. It was that deep seated need to learn that his parents saw early one, and decided to nutureas much as they could. But there is only so much one can learn about one type of Pokemon before you get ored.

Upon hearing about the opening of the academy, Morgan was sent almost as soon as they could afford, allowing him the chance to learn so much more than he ever could in his small city. Before leaving, Morgan was gifted with his Honedge, the first such one to appear in their city ever.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Halloween night with ghost pokemon, what more really needs to be said about that

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Any other time the ghost decided to pull their pranks

submitted for approval
[Floatright]
[/float]