Pathfinder Scenario Series

Started by Melendrith, April 07, 2017, 10:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melendrith

Callie

I'm good with Additional Resources and Campaign clarifications. The scenarios are reasonably challenging I suppose, and will probably not be a cakewalk, poor rolls and metagaming aside.

I'm all right with using Pathfinder Society Field Guide materials. The reason why I'm not starting the players out with factions is because I may do an altered / extended First Steps to introduce them to some of the factions within the Pathfinder Society so the players can RP joining them. That said, for those already familiar with PFS rules, you can start as a member of one of the factions, that's fine.
Discord ID Zyraen
known as Ahzran^ or Dakushna^ on mIRC

Callie Del Noire

Just curious... some folks RP the factions in a fun way and others don't

For example I haven't played my GS5/Alchemist 6 for 3 years in hopes of killing her old faction leader..she has a MW Adamantine Railgun round JUSt for him..:)

No big either way

Melendrith

I probably wouldn't do faction missions in a fun way, and in fact quite a few of them are rather unfun. Many of the earlier factions are no longer around nor available, anyway.

That said, I do intend for there to be some characterisation and extra NPCs and factions in First Steps. While I may not take faction missions very seriously in a normal game, I think at the very least players should have some idea who they might be working for and what is important to them, before joining and getting the benefits of joining.

Personally, all 16 of my registered IDs (of which only about 8 are characters) are from the Exchange faction. Lol.

Edit: as an aside, there are Scenarios where one or two particular faction missions are exceptionally relevant or resonate well. It would be well to make it available to all players, not just those who belong to that faction, even if the benefits mainly accrue with those from that faction.
Discord ID Zyraen

Snake

I have a char that'd be a tiefling but I don't have a chronicle sheet for the race, bummer.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Snake on April 08, 2017, 01:31:13 PM
I have a char that'd be a tiefling but I don't have a chronicle sheet for the race, bummer.

Got boons for ratkin, vishkahna,tiefling, aasimar, (combine the two for the chaos one), oread, undine,sylph am suli

I gm a lot

Snake

Callie Del Noire

I got 4 seeker level PCs in PFS and like 5 more near it.. I could post my namesake pc if you like to show what you can look like coming out of Emerald Spire.. no spoilers
Not a 1st level but a hint of what Seeker PFS pcs look like (12+)

Trade Princess Callie Del Noire, Pasha of Rose's Reach (Inspired Blade 12/Paladin of Sheyln 2
Trade Princess Callie Del Noire
Female azata-blooded aasimar (musetouched) paladin 2/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 12 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Angels 22, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 56, 125, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 7)
LG Medium outsider (native)
Init +10; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +22
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 33, touch 21, flat-footed 24 (+6 armor, +2 deflection, +6 Dex, +3 dodge, +2 natural, +4 shield; +2 deflection vs. evil)
hp 142 (14d10+54)
Fort +18, Ref +22, Will +17; +2 resistance vs. evil
Defensive Abilities charmed life 5/day, evasion, nimble +3, uncanny dodge; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee "needle" +2 minetic planar adamantine rapier +25/+20/+15 (1d6+11/15-20+12 Precision) or
   cold iron morningstar +14/+9/+4 (1d8+12 Precision) or
   dagger +14/+9/+4 (1d4/19-20+12 Precision) or
   rapier +23/+18/+13 (1d6+3/15-20+12 Precision)
Ranged shortbow +20/+15/+10 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks deeds (derring-do, dodging panache, evasive, kip-up, menacing swordplay, opportune parry and riposte, precise strike, subtle blade, superior feint, swashbuckler initiative, swashbuckler's grace, targeted strike), panache (7), smite evil 1/day (+4 attack and AC, +2 damage)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +18)
   1/day—glitterdust (DC 16)
Paladin Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +6)
   At will—detect evil
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 23, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 18
Base Atk +14; CMB +20; CMD 35
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Bleeding Critical, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Critical Focus, Fast Learner[ARG], Fencing Grace[UI], Iron Will, Penetrating Strike, Weapon Focus (rapier), Weapon Versatility
Traits cosmopolitan (absalom), reactionary
Skills Acrobatics +23, Appraise +7, Bluff +12, Climb +5, Diplomacy +23, Disable Device +15, Escape Artist +10, Heal +4, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (arcana) +4, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +4, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (nature) +4, Knowledge (nobility) +7, Knowledge (planes) +4, Knowledge (religion) +8, Linguistics +23, Perception +22, Perform (dance) +12, Sense Motive +7, Sleight of Hand +10, Stealth +20, Survival +0 (+2 to avoid becoming lost)
Languages Abyssal, Aklo, Ancient Osiriani, Aquan, Auran, Azlanti, Celestial, Common, Cyclops, Daemonic, Draconic, Dwarven, Elder Thing, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Ignan, Infernal, Kelish, Orc, Orvian, Osiriani, Polyglot, Protean, Shoanti, Skald, Sylvan, Terran, Thassilonian, Tien, Undercommon, Varisian
SQ inspired panache, lay on hands 5/day (1d6), scion of humanity[ARG], truespeaker[ARG]
Combat Gear jingasa of the fortunate soldier[UE], potion of cure light wounds (3), potion of protection from evil (2), potion of touch of the sea (3), potion of water breathing, wand of cure light wounds, wand of cure moderate wounds, antiplague[APG], antitoxin, holy water; Other Gear +2 mithral chain shirt, +3 crusading mithral buckler, "needle" +2 minetic planar adamantine rapier, arrows (10), arrows (10), blunt arrows[APG] (10), blunt arrows[APG] (10), cold iron morningstar, dagger (3), rapier, shortbow, amulet of natural armor +2, belt of physical might +2 (Dex, Con), clear spindle ioun stone, cloak of resistance +4, efficient quiver, eyes of the eagle, handy haversack, headband of mental prowess +2 (Int, Cha), ring of eloquence[ACG], ring of maniacal devices[APG], ring of protection +2, swordmaster's flair (blue scarf)[ACG], wayfinder[ISWG], bandolier[UE], bandolier[UE], bedroll, colored ink (2), flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), ink (2), inkpen, journal[UE] (2), masterwork thieves' tools, mess kit[UE], pot, soap, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, weapon cord[APG], 10,518 gp, 8 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Agile Maneuvers Use DEX instead of STR for CMB
Bleeding Critical Critical Hits deal 2d6 bleed damage.
Charmed Life +4 (5/day) (Ex) Choose to add Charisma bonus to save before roll is made.
Combat Expertise +/-4 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Combat Reflexes (7 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Critical Focus +4 to confirm critical hits.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Deeds
Detect Evil (At will) (Sp) You can use detect evil at will (as the spell).
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Evasion (when Panache left) (Ex) If succeed on Reflex save for half dam, take none instead.
Fencing Grace Use Dexterity on rapier damage rolls
Inspired Panache (Ex) Gain no panache from killing blow, only from rapier crits.
Lay on Hands (1d6 hit points, 5/day) (Su) As a standard action (swift on self), touch channels positive energy and applies mercies.
Nimble +3 (Ex) +3 dodge bonus to AC.
Panache (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on light/piercing crit/killing blow.
Penetrating Strike (Ignore DR 5/Any or DR 0/-) Ignore up to 5 points of DR/?.
Scion of Humanity Count as a human for any effect related to race. Pass as human without using disguise.
Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) +4 to hit, +2 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC when used.
Truespeaker Learn two languages for each rank you put in Linguistics.
Uncanny Dodge (Panache left) (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed.
Weapon Versatility Weapon w/ Weapon Focus: shift grip to alter damage to B/P/S (free act.).
--------------------
Trade Princess Callie Del Noire, Pasha of Rose's Reach

Hunter

I'm more or less done, I think.

Name:Faolan Daggerheart
Race: Half Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Diety: Calistria
Class: Sacred Attendent
Domains: Charm
Class Level: 1

Strength: 10 (0)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 10 (0)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Fort: +2 = 2 class + 0 stat
Ref: +2 = 0 class + 2 stat
Will: +4 = 2 class + 2 stat

HP: 8, Initative: +2, Speed: 30 feet
AC: 13, Touch: 13*, Flat-Footed: 11*

BAB: +0, Meele: +0, Ranged: +2
CMB: +0, CMD: 13*

Skills:
Diplomacy: +7 = 1 rank + 3 stat + 3 class
Perception: +12 = 1 rank + 2 stat + 3 class + 2 racial + 3 feat +1 trait
Profession: +6 = 1 rank + 2 stat + 3 class
Sense Motive: +6 = 1 rank + 2 stat + 3 class
Spellcraft: +6 = 1 rank +2 stat +3 class

Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, Sylvan

Feats:
Selective Channel
Skill Focus: Perception

Traits:
Observant (Perception)
Blended View**

Spells:***
(per day: 3 zero, 2+1 first)
Zero-Level: Detect Magic, Light, Mending
First-Level: Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Charm Person

Equipment:
Scorpion Whip
Dungeoneering Kit (deluxe)
Spell Component Pouch
Iron Holy Symbol
5 gps

(*Includes Nimble Class Ability)
(**trades multi-talented for darkvision 60 feet)
(***Convert: Inflict)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Melendrith on April 08, 2017, 12:48:17 PM

Edit: as an aside, there are Scenarios where one or two particular faction missions are exceptionally relevant or resonate well. It would be well to make it available to all players, not just those who belong to that faction, even if the benefits mainly accrue with those from that faction.

I have 2 trade princesses and a trade prince among my 30 odd pcs..I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they do faction rep inStarfinder Organized play, they are going with a more modular/scenario approach with it

Snake

*curses* I lost my premade ranger T_T then again it was like a half elf with a cha of 7 due to minmaxing.

Hunter

I always forget something.   I forgot my favored class bonus (which would be a rank in profession).    Please let me know what/if any changes need to be made.

Melendrith

Hunter - just add it to the skill or to your HP, edit the charsheet directly
Discord ID Zyraen

Callie Del Noire

Half Elves have the really fun things with favored class.. @ 5th level you get multitalented and fast learner.. HP and SP every level.. for ANY class

Melendrith

Btw Kathyan, under Familiar

"A witch must commune with her familiar each day to prepare her spells. Familiars store all of the spells that a witch knows, and a witch cannot prepare a spell that is not stored by her familiar. A witch’s familiar begins play storing all of the 0-level witch spells plus three 1st-level spells of the witch’s choice. The witch also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to her Intelligence modifier to store in her familiar. At each new witch level, she adds two new spells of any spell level or levels that she can cast (based on her new witch level) to her familiar. A witch can also add additional spells to her familiar through a special ritual (see sidebar). "
So you may wish to list spells learnt and spells memorised. Your L1 spells known should be 8 (3+5Int) unless Hedge Witch modifies it somehow.

For spells memorised, do kiv that Int20 (as opposed to Int18) grants two bonus L1 spell slots.

======

Separately, note that i have revised FAQ 3 from No to Yes. I dont like looking up Additional Resources though.
Discord ID Zyraen

Melendrith

Hunter - just a gentle note. Calistria's favored weapon is whip, not scorpion whip.
Discord ID Zyraen

Snake

Under what it says about the Scorpion Whip; it gives the proficiency with it; since it does say that "If you are proficient with a whip, you are proficient with the Scorpion whip"

Melendrith

Perhaps it was errataed, but I dont see that

http://archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Scorpion%20whip
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/whip-scorpion/

I have a PFS Calistrian Mysterious Avenger Vigilante who would really like a free scorpion whip prof lol.

In any case, if having whip prof means scorpion whip prof, at least one line will be redundant in the scorpion whip desc
Discord ID Zyraen

Hunter

Quote from: Melendrith on April 08, 2017, 07:13:24 PM

http://archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Scorpion%20whip

I have a PFS Calistrian Mysterious Avenger Vigilante who would really like a free scorpion whip prof lol.

In any case, if having whip prof means scorpion whip prof, at least one line will be redundant in the scorpion whip desc

Look here:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/armsAndArmor/weapons.html#scorpion-whip

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Melendrith on April 08, 2017, 07:13:24 PM

Think it's separated in the campaign clarificaciotn.. or the errata

Melendrith

Cool thanks Hunter :) carry on then. Since used as a whip, does that mean 1d3 nonlethal, essentially a whip profile on a scorpion whip weapon?

( which considering I am torn about whether to enchant a +1 Agile Whip that i can use now compared to waiting for a +1 Agile Scorpion Whip i can use later, would be extremely helpful! )
Discord ID Zyraen

Hunter

Quote from: Melendrith on April 08, 2017, 07:47:23 PM
Cool thanks Hunter :) carry on then. Since used as a whip, does that mean 1d3 nonlethal, essentially a whip profile on a scorpion whip weapon?

Non-lethal?   Who uses non-lethal meow?

Melendrith

From your given link
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/armsAndArmor/weapons.html#scorpion-whip
"If you are proficient with whips, you can use a scorpion whip as a whip."

http://archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Whip
"As a whip" and whip deals nonlethal damage?
Personally i use it for tripping :) maybe with Agile can consider for damage
Discord ID Zyraen

Idej

Postponement until Monday.  RL stuff.  For those that want to know.  Car insurance quotes

Kathyan

By the way it is not clear to me at what level the hedge gains spontaneous healing, it replaces the level 4 hex but it doesn't specify this ability is gained at level 4, it doesn't say at level 1 either but it seems to me there other archetypes that give new abilities at different level than those they replace so I rather ask.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kathyan on April 09, 2017, 04:14:18 PM
By the way it is not clear to me at what level the hedge gains spontaneous healing, it replaces the level 4 hex but it doesn't specify this ability is gained at level 4, it doesn't say at level 1 either but it seems to me there other archetypes that give new abilities at different level than those they replace so I rather ask.

If it doesn't specify, then you get the ability whenever you choose the archetype (which in the case of the hedge witch can be any level between 1 and 4)