Pathfinder Assassin's Guild

Started by Mantis Shrimp Prime, April 07, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

If it's Masako, there'll be a dramatic burst of light and a clap of thunder and probably loud, woman-like shrieking.

Or something else painful :3

Zaer Darkwail

With Bael's case; just huge boom and explosion.

Callie Del Noire

I saw one of her kills being something like dropping someone into a spiked pit spell then send air elemental down to whirlwind them against the spikes

I especially could see The Lady talking poisons with Piglet.she uses them occasionally and she can alter them for her own use but when you want more oomph mm..can't beat an Alchemist built for it. Imbue Poison almost screams for a team of Alchemist and other caster for the best combos.

Snake

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Snake on May 15, 2017, 05:32:19 PM
Ah the human blender.

Definitely falls under 'Sending a message' doesn't it. You get this 10x10 mess that nothing else in the room is effected by

Snake

Very true~

I like how I did Masako's build though; she's all about the damage. If you've ever seen that Deadliest warrior episode of Vlad the impaler vs sun tzu; , her sword can cleave clean through a human body with little effort. since it's got that beautiful cutting edge and weighted toward tip of the blade, lots of cutting power.

I wish that's how it worked in RP's like this.

National Acrobat

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 15, 2017, 05:00:00 PM
I have this image of a scene, where my character is wined and dine by a lord in hopes she'll let him commission the Choir and she declines. As she lingers by the door she tells him the reason, his rival hired them first. As she closes the now Arcane locked door with a polite 'goodbye' one of the others appears and the scene ends from her point of view.

That is a fantastic idea for a scene. Great imagery.

National Acrobat

I built Lil to mainly be a flanking, darting attacker, and to be a trapfinder, tracker, infiltrator, with enough social skills to bluff her way out of trouble.

Snake

The one thing I don't like about my char's build is that due to very small number of skill ranks to pass out. I don't have any maxed out skills other than perform cuz it's a background skill. Bummer.

Callie Del Noire

My PFS version has like 15 skill points a level to play with as an Enchanting Courtesan. Two levels in she has HUGE levels of slight of hand and Sense Motivve she didn't before hand it was amazing

Of course with trait, and boon bonuses her Diplomacy is harder to track at times. +5 untyped to human nobles of Noble/Governmet posistion and such. It was a blast to 'take 1' between spells, class bonuses and Pathfinder Society sheet boons and hit a 45 Diplomacy @8th level.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Snake on May 15, 2017, 05:52:39 PM
The one thing I don't like about my char's build is that due to very small number of skill ranks to pass out. I don't have any maxed out skills other than perform cuz it's a background skill. Bummer.

well, that's the peril of going with a charisma build  ;D

I'm back to being indecisive. Do we want the mad bombin' goblin, or the elvish Cuisinart?

Kathyan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 15, 2017, 05:00:00 PM
I have this image of a scene, where my character is wined and dine by a lord in hopes she'll let him commission the Choir and she declines. As she lingers by the door she tells him the reason, his rival hired them first. As she closes the now Arcane locked door with a polite 'goodbye' one of the others appears and the scene ends from her point of view.
Maybe I could help there, Vulra stealth is not that high (+18) but still can cast vanish or could just be clairvoyancing to see when the trap is ready, once it is she could just pop in and strike for around 50 damage (or around 80 if she crits), enough to kill a regular npc, or at least leave them pretty wounded if they are a toughy ^^.

Also +40ish at level 8, wow that's something, and I thought my current +28 was good, I think I might have reached higher but oh well I do still think she is more than fine with that. ^^

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kathyan on May 15, 2017, 06:49:37 PM
Maybe I could help there, Vulra stealth is not that high (+18) but still can cast vanish or could just be clairvoyancing to see when the trap is ready, once it is she could just pop in and strike for around 50 damage (or around 80 if she crits), enough to kill a regular npc, or at least leave them pretty wounded if they are a toughy ^^.

Also +40ish at level 8, wow that's something, and I thought my current +28 was good, I think I might have reached higher but oh well I do still think she is more than fine with that. ^^

Lots of conditional modifiers.. like the fact that I got a trait bonus (to any sexually attracted), Cultural Adaptation (which adds one type of bonus), Raiment of Command (adds another), like I said specific boons (+5 to any government official/noble of your race in AbsaloN), and Clever Wordplay and a 28 intelligence. VERY VERY VERY VERY Conditional. (Also a helpful Halfling character with a HIDEOUS aid another bonus)

MingMing

Callie, I totally get you...   I have a few specific mental images of how my character would be like...   

Here's one that inspired me.  The film's (The Grandmaster) particular scene is for a supporting character based on the real-life Liu Yun Qiao, who was a secret agent and presidential bodyguard for Republican China during the 1930's and 40's.  His fighting style is Baji-Quan, the martial art kept secret and passed on through the old Imperial Guards of the Ming and Qing dynasties.  Declassified documents had listed Liu as one of the most prolific Allied agents of WWII, with the highest confirmed count of assassinations of the Allied Powers intelligence branches.  This scene in question is when he is 'ambushed' by Japanese agents and collaborators.  It's amazing and beautiful to watch.

https://youtu.be/iscP8gase1Q

I know it's not quite the right time period, but I find the choreography gorgeous to behold and it fits the manner and ideal of how I see my character.  :-)

“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Callie Del Noire

Nice.. reminds me of some other movies. VERY smooth fight setup.

Re Z L

A&A

firepyre

@snake: Having played the eldritch scion before, I can tell you that bloodraging isn't nearly as bad as you think. It costs one point per two rounds, so your arcane pool actually holds out almost as well as a bloodrager anyway. You're also losing spell recall anyway, the main class feature that would otherwise eat your arcane points. Also worth noting that past lvl 8, you can spell combat while not raging anyway, so you can conserve it for when you really need it. Don't let it put you off.

@Sally Either sounds awesome to me. If my fallen paladin is okayed, I'll be able to pick up some of the slack as far as healing goes.

My character:
Gilead

The Guild recruits many unusual talents, but perhaps one of the strangest is Gilead. A champion of retribution and vengeance, Gilead lives by his own code, scorning the more well known gods in favor of his Lady, the mysterious being that grants him his divine might. Gilead primarily serves the guild as a healer(albiet a fairly indifferent one), only taking jobs as his code requires him. What Gilead lacks in subtlety, he more than makes up for in brute force, a veritable juggernaut on the battlefield, shrugging off spells and blows, grevious wounds closing up before horrified eyes, their last sight before his glaive cuts them down. His unique talents are well suited to rescue missions when things go sideways, or dealing with would be rogue agents.

Though he might be a healer, Gil's personality is rather twisted... though when your wounds close at a mere thought, stabbing a knife through your own hand probably seems like an excellent party trick. Still, he's one to watch out for, his code can leave him with all sorts of funny ideas, and well, his casual disregard for his own safety can be an issue too. But then again, since when was any of the guild 'normal'?

Yet to build a sheet, but I have a fair idea of what it's going to look like. My primary focus will be lay on hands, for healing, good saves and hp with a glaive for combat, and probably whatever skills seem underappreciated by everyone else to round it out.

Callie Del Noire

Not one of my best liked fight scenes.. but definitely one of my favorite assassinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jeMWsnCOU8

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Gonna be fine a couple days. Get back to y'all later this week.

Chulanowa

Actually looks like the vigilante cuisinart has been done at least twice. Hrm  :-\

MingMing

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 15, 2017, 06:44:17 PM
well, that's the peril of going with a charisma build  ;D

I'm back to being indecisive. Do we want the mad bombin' goblin, or the elvish Cuisinart?
I was rather fond of your initial concept of Piglet, but why do you say the Cuisinart slots are taken up?  I've only seen Acrobat's character come close so far...

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Chulanowa

Quote from: MingMing on May 16, 2017, 02:25:53 AM
I was rather fond of your initial concept of Piglet, but why do you say the Cuisinart slots are taken up?  I've only seen Acrobat's character come close so far...

Re's alchemist does it too  ;D Vivisectionist / beastmorph alchemists make a hell of a mess. And I see that Zaer's doing a bomber. Ai ya.

Maybe I'll just do a Senor Vorpal Kickasso and take one level in ten different classes.

National Acrobat

To be fair, I have some situational modifiers in combat against certain foes.

+4 on checks and attack/damage against humans (or any race that has the Human descriptor for effects, such as Half Orcs and Half Elves), and my human bane weapon grants an additional +2 to hit/damage and 2d6 additional damage against humans, and I get +2 on checks and attack/damage rolls against elves, my other favored enemy.

I also of course get situational modifiers while in the main city that we are headquartered in as that it my favored Region as an Urban Ranger.

So I'm really, really good against certain foes, and in certain places.

Snake

Wow I feel almost left behind with everyone's talk of huge modifiers. XD

On second thought I'm withdrawing my initial build for this; I use that particular char alot and I'm feeling like doing something different. Since we've got alot of mage types already anyway it seems.

Now, Can I get some opinions? Which may be better.

Reiko- a bloodmarked skinwalker with a build focused on stealth and archery

Or Ritsu: a Brawler with a dash of gunslinger for a bit of MGS flavor.

MingMing

Ohhhh...  I'm rather fond of the archery idea because I don't think we actually have an archer-type yet...   means we'd have someone to cover long distance without spell use, and a properly built archer can be devastating.   ^-^