Need an RP

Started by Lady Jenn, April 04, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Okay, doing this a bit differently this time. My last remaining active RP is now dead as the other person in it just quit the site. Combine this with the fact I'm having no luck with even starting an RP most of the time and I've decided I need to just put feelers out (for want of a better phrase) and start with who's interested because I've had enough of pitching ideas which don't go anywhere.

My ideas tend to be sci-fi or fantasy, if that helps narrow it down for anyone at all lol

StrangeVsWeird

Well, I certainly realize this is a VERY old post, but hi! I'm new so...ha. I'm Strange and am just browsing this forum site, kinda getting a feel for things and just saw that no one responded to your request! Have you noticed if the Non Adult section is fairly inactive? I'm just curious lol

Anyway, I enjoy writing fantasy too! What kind of fantasy are you into? Modern supernatural stuff like vamps and werewolves and whatnot or medieval type such as witches/wizards and dragons? :)

Anyway, I'm just kinda running around saying 'hi' to random people. Seeing if I get responses lol XD

Lady Jenn

I have one I keep trying to (unsuccessfully) get started called Wrath of the Dragonkin...which is very Tolkein, but there are lots of dragons...and they're seriously pissed lol

StrangeVsWeird

Well...

I'm interested in the sense that I don't think I've ever written dragonkin before, so that'll definitely be a challenge and I'm always up for challenges! Something I'll probably have to Google, even though dragons are my favorite! Odd, I know.

Do you have a general plot line for it? Also, are these dragonkin more humanoid or more reptilian? Do they morph? Like human, but can turn into dragons? Lol. I tend to get detailed in things I write XD

Lady Jenn

well, it's mainly dragons, although there are other relatives of theirs hanging around (also, the dragons are capable of making themselves appear human...which is a good thing considering they fact they're almost without exception friggin' massive

Levi

I would be interested to I love Tolkien
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Lady Jenn

I was gonna say it's not that much like Tolkein...then I realised anything with humans, orks and elves is inevitably gonna be compared to LOTR XD

Levi

Or slightly GOT only the dragons though :)

Lady Jenn

These have magical powers though, and definitely don't do the whole "Serving other people" thing

Levi

Dragons should be free anways, would the magic be elemental or just wild?

Lady Jenn

all sorts, like they can take human forms (for when people might be intimated by 30 foot dragons that breathe fire lol)

Levi

Ohh, interesting. So while they are not tame dragons they certainly seem 'friendly' it would be interesting to try it as a dragon but out of curiosity are the local population just human? Or is there magic available?

Lady Jenn

oh, I wouldn't say the dragons are necessarily friendly :P there is magic around, it's not like Harry Potter where every man and his dog can theoretically have magic though lol

Levi

Lady Jenn

do you want to see the story pitch, so to speak? might make more sense that way lol

Levi

Absolutely, although I will warn you I'm very new so I may have loads of questions

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

Levi

Looks interesting, so the central character is going to try and  approach the dragons  I think I would lean towards being a character that the main character takes with them or perhaps someone they meet along the way? How would you like to play it?

Lady Jenn

I don't mind, you could see me as the Game Master so I get to play all the NPCs you meet along the way...and there are quite a few lol

Levi

Sorry what's an NPC?

Lady Jenn

as in characters not played directly by other RPers (Stormrider would be an example because there are huge spoilers around him I'd rather you discover for yourself)

Levi

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. Shall we try a dummy run than and see how it goes?

Lady Jenn

do you want to do a character biography first?

Levi

That might be a good idea, then I'll might know what I'm doing *no promises* will you help?

Lady Jenn

of course :) no-one knows everything, even if they try telling you otherwise lol